Why am I supposed to lose a match because players play halfheartedly?

It's really annoying to lose a match where my team dominates the match with 28 attempts to 5, 2.92 scoring opportunities to 0.52, my players ending up with 6.3 and strikers who clearly shot to waste occasions.

Such momentum is annoying and only forces to repeat the match to gain what I deserved. It should be definitely removed from this game, because in real soccer this NEVER happens. NEVER.

Any solutions, since my players are also happy to be fined because they played badly? It's ANNOYING, ANNOYING, ANNOYING. And USELESS.

It is meant to be a simulation of football and not an arcade or even purely tactical (like Football, Tactics and Glory game for instance) game where the human player has perfect agency. That is because there are plenty of hidden psychological factors like complacency and moral that are accounted into your performance. There is also you know the factor of the other team that is trying their best to ruin your game day. And  because of those reasons the game is called Football MANAGER  and not FIFA. You just have to learn to deal with such set backs and try to find ways to improve for the next match. Even Man City or Liverpool have a bad day sometimes. 

Edited by crusadertsar

1 hour ago, Abishuaf said:

Such momentum is annoying and only forces to repeat the match to gain what I deserved. It should be definitely removed from this game, because in real soccer this NEVER happens. NEVER.

Were you watching European football those past 10 years??

You should not look at the xG in isolation. If you have 100 shots from the halfway line, then you would still get to a high xG! You need to see how many big chances you create, not the aggregate of them.

Have a look at the "Match story" and see if you see any big jumps, such as this, then you should (probably) have won.

Swr4lDB.png

And you have too look at it over a period of time to know for sure. If you see big ones, then you create big chances, but if they are often missed, then your strikers might not cut it. If all you see are small incremental steps, then you create bad ones and your issue would be tactical. Of course, the issue is rarely as clear cut, but it can give you ideas as to how well your tactic creates big chances or not.

2 hours ago, Abishuaf said:

It's really annoying to lose a match where my team dominates the match with 28 attempts to 5, 2.92 scoring opportunities to 0.52, my players ending up with 6.3 and strikers who clearly shot to waste occasions.

fjameHz.png

Many such cases!

7 hours ago, Abishuaf said:

Such momentum is annoying and only forces to repeat the match to gain what I deserved.

LOL.  Well that's one way to avoid fixing what you're doing wrong.