Tyler ROBERTS – Leeds United

Tom LAWRENCE – Derby County

Rabbi MATONDO – FC Schalke 04

Dylan LEVITT – Manchester United

Tom LOCKYER – Luton Town

Rubin COLWILL – Cardiff City

Mark HARRIS – Cardiff City

George THOMAS – Queen’s Park Rangers

Edit: Dan James has the Europa League final. Connor Roberts, Ben Cabagno, Brennan Johnson, Tom King and Josh Sheehan all have playoff finals. So they could join the squad before it is finalised 

Edited by Gazza D

Disappointing but I sent back my group game tickets as it seemed like it was going to be a nightmare getting to Italy, let alone Azerbaijan.

I also have had the follow my team knockout tickets refunded.

Has anyone kept their group game tickets? If yes, how are you planning on getting to the games?

I'm looking forward to the Tiki Taka styling of Robert Page, and hoping we can sneak out the group.

• Gazza D changed the title to The Wales Thread - Sponsored by Robert Page's Tiki Taka

Massive soft spot for Rob Page after his time at Chesterfield but it looks like a huge ask to get out of the group here. Italy look really strong, Swiss always stubborn and do enough to make the R16 without looking great, Turkey seem decent.

Is it true that Giggs is still going to be in phone contact? I was listening to a Wales preview earlier that was talking about him not having a line to the players directly but still advising Page on tactics etc. But sounded like it was recorded around the time of the March WC qualifiers.

4 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Massive soft spot for Rob Page after his time at Chesterfield but it looks like a huge ask to get out of the group here. Italy look really strong, Swiss always stubborn and do enough to make the R16 without looking great, Turkey seem decent.

Is it true that Giggs is still going to be in phone contact? I was listening to a Wales preview earlier that was talking about him not having a line to the players directly but still advising Page on tactics etc. But sounded like it was recorded around the time of the March WC qualifiers.

I think that was how they were approaching it before the actual charges. How much it was actually used, as @Gazza D says, i'm not really all that sure.

For the Euros, they've pretty much said Page is the manager for the tournament, which is different to what they were saying before. 

They clearly want Giggs to go and I suspect, even if he's found not guilty they'll jointly announce they feel it better he concentrates on his personal life. They've very much handled it as professionally as they can without potentially prejudicing any of the legal proceedings. 

Unfortunately, like Gazza, we lost all our tickets we had. But very excited for the Euros.

Big Kieffer to show Europe why he is the best target man in the world :cool:

Regardless of what happens I hope Rob Page is given a chance to get the role full time.

If the FAW wasn't being paid handsomely to be whipping boys here I might wonder about the ref's mental state. Clearly intended to be a morale booster rather than preparation, and the boys were creating too many chances.

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Is he going to be playing as false 9? My Welsh mate sent me your predicted lineup yesterday and had him up front with Bale and James either side

He'll likely play somewhere between the attack and midfield. Not entirely sure what his role will be tbh. 

3 hours ago, Confused Clarity said:

Still rumours he could be back in your colours next season?

Yeah. I'd be up for it if it was a loan and he wasn't brought in as first choice. He just doesn't have the fitness for it sadly. The dream would be a permanent move on a greatly reduced wage

But it's Aaron James Ramsey and quite frankly he can do what he wants

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

Yeah. I'd be up for it if it was a loan and he wasn't brought in as first choice. He just doesn't have the fitness for it sadly. The dream would be a permanent move on a greatly reduced wage

But it's Aaron James Ramsey and quite frankly he can do what he wants

Yep, particularly the last few years, it's largely been a case of his body not wanting to do what his talents have clearly wanted. One of the best players I've ever seen play for Wales.

On 08/06/2021 at 21:49, Confused Clarity said:

It's 5 years today since I arrived in Bordeaux a few days early for the first Wales game in Euro 2016. 

It ended up with me going to the QF & the SF too. It was absolutely fantastic and one of the best summers of my life.

5 years today for me and Gazza arriving in Bordeaux, could never have expected what I was about to witness. 

Best summer EVER

Kieffer Moore has to start. Can understand resting him in the warmups but we've looked pretty toothless without him up top. Wouldn't have qualified without him that's for sure.

Leave him out against the Italians and go 5 at the back but for the other two games we have to try to win. Out strongest 11 is pretty good on paper and they might actually all be fit for once.

Really nice to see how much Wales' 2016 campaign meant to Welsh people. I'd love for Scotland to have a campaign like that. The fondest memories I have of Scotland were back in 2008 when we narrowly lost to Italy (cheating bastards) in the Euros qualifiers. Before the game, the whole country was buzzing. We felt we could do it, but just fell short. That campaign saw us beat France twice, with McFadden scoring the famous goal in Paris. 

It's just a shame that there won't be more Welsh and Scottish fans at the games. 

37 minutes ago, Gazza D said:

Great performance, feel like we can go up a gear though.

I'd still rest players vs Italy though. You're basically through, Italy will probably rest players too. Don't want to risk an injury in a dead rubber game before the knockouts start. Final game has 0-0 written all over it.