Playing style - board s view

I am in my third season with Oldham. I have won promotion from League Two to the Championship in two seasons. Playing an attaclking, direct, entertaining style of footbal which the board want me to   After the promotion the board expected me to continue this  playing styule and fight bravely against relegation-a litle unrealistic. I knew my playing style will bring us in trouble. I  gave it a try.  

Played 17  43 - 25  25 points placed mid table 11 th place,

The board was delighted with playng style and everything.  

I n my world I am not  hee to please the board in every matter.   

I changed plaing style to a more defencive balanched tactic. Played 4 friendlies between the league matches in november so my players could get used to the tactic.

I have now played 17 games with the new tactic the familiarity is good.

Played 17 21-9 34 points.and we have moved up the table to 3rd place 2 points from automatic promotion to the Premier League,

My questions are

Has anyone got the sack if the playng style not please the board ?

Has anybody been asked of the board to change playing style?  

In my experience, playing another style will not get you fired as long as you reach the other goals. And if you have a lot of success, the board will (very) slowly change towards what you are doing, at least that's what has happened for me. I have played at smaller clubs mostly though, so it could be something else for bigger clubs.

What are the actual benefits to having a playing philosophy sanctioned by the board? I've never done it. I always say my philosophy is youth development, and it helps in that the board always support my requests to improve training and youth facilities if we have the money. But what do the others do?