How to Repair Relationship with Upset Player?

I had a player I have denied a transfer too and he won't let it go. He is on a massive contract and a long term one (4 years left) and he isn't one of the inner most group players in term of influence so he cannot destabilise the whole team by his antics so I am not overly worried about him being upset. That being said his form is rubbish compared to the previous season with his morale being so low, so the question is, is there anything I can do to try and rebuild the relationship? He won't discuss a new contract and I cannot improve his squad status as he is already a Star Player.

Thanks.

Pretty much you best bet is to let time heal things while he plays (even if he is very poor). Especially if the team that wanted to buy him leaves and finds another target, then that would placate him further. If they keep going, then it's not likely to pass though.

You have him on a long term contract so as has been said just ride it out, I tactic I have employed previously is to send the guy out on loan if his having a negative impact on your team by his performances, A lot of the time they come back happy. 

• 1 month later...

All of the above. Plus, praise his conduct to increase happiness. Increase his playing time status.

If your team wins the league or does something extraordinary, this also helps.

Send him to Ibiza for a weekend... :hammer: