Miles hinting at women's football in FM?

On 09/06/2021 at 11:22, Jack Joyce said:

Just to clear up any misinformation, weather and pitch conditions absolutely do affect the match engine. As well as various other things such as jet lag, altitude etc.

Jet lag? Is this presented to the player at all as data? 

3 hours ago, Christmas said:

Commendable stance and approaches from SI. 

Will be fascinating see how approach the politicial minefield of approaching the differing stats, systems and plays.

That said even Miles press release contains many (correct) statements to make kinds of sjw very mad, so I impressed he is so far driving a freight train of a very logical "centrist" approach. 

Funny he will be called sjw for inclusion women football step, yet the text of release is anathema to student activist reactionary (idiot) types. 

Personally I would have quite enjoyed keeping all systems the same and giving the women 2s and 3s for many physical/technical attributes (bearing in mind the benchmark is mens pros) although no actual reason for massive difference in mental attributes. More for the drama though, as i appreciate that would both be inflammatory and, for the some of the reasons raised by Miles, inaccurate. 

I’d love them to create a completely new experience. Take away attributes completely. Incorporate a brand new system for players where traits are more powerful to add some colour. 

If it’s a new, fresh system - different to what we have in the men’s version - it would be great to play as an alternative. 

Not for me, but has to be great for the women's game that SI including it in terms of new exposure and new fans (they need them).  

Call me that dinosaur if you like, but I've watched a handful of women's football on TV and as said, not for me but each to their own (so save your preaching). Fair one to SI for pushing new features though. 

I'm looking forward to it coming into the game. Going to be exciting to see how it works. I see a lot of potential game challenges from this. Like winning the men's world cup and the women's world cup with the same country, for example. I also think the exposure will help women's football in general.

7 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

What are you saying? The women's game is more physical? Faster? More aggressive? Absolute nonsense in any of those cases.

They get kicked a lot yet they don't roll over, they don't cry to the ref all the time.

Also, less dives. 

Wouldn't mind the addition if done right and would definitely give it a go, but I do wonder how many of the advocates would buy this as a standalone game. 

Wonder how player wages and more importantly transfer value will compare to the men's game.

Vivianne Miedema (for example) would be on around £400k a week and worth £100m+ if she was male.

As a longtime fan of the game, as long as it doesnt divert resources from the main game and its constant evolution and improvement, I see no problem with this expansion. But right now, apart from brownie points from the woke brigade and the very reduced commercial interest in this side of the game, it is as Miles wrote a good PR campaign and not much else.

I am really curious how they are going to implement some of the attributes. 

For example, men are generally faster and stronger than women. Will pace/acceleration/strength stats in the women's database work the same way as in the men's database? Will 18 pace work mean the same thing?

Personally, I wish the women's football version of the game was a separate game. I have nothing against women's football but I will not play the woman's database. SI will spend a lot of time implementing something I don't care for therefore I'll have paid a lot of money for something that hasn't addressed what I want out of the game. Probably the issue is they know that a standalone "Women's Football Manager" won't be commercially viable so they have to shoehorn it into the men's game regardless if that's what the player base wanted or not. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

SI's determination, ambition and vision-attributes definetly need an upgrade:applause: It's great to see that after all their success with football manager they don't get lazy at all:lol:

It's one thing to "simply" create a "Woman-FM" as a separate game, but to connect both worlds into the same game is just wow!  
Well done:applause:

19 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

As a longtime fan of the game, as long as it doesnt divert resources from the main game and its constant evolution and improvement, I see no problem with this expansion. But right now, apart from brownie points from the woke brigade and the very reduced commercial interest in this side of the game, it is as Miles wrote a good PR campaign and not much else.

I agree with this. 

I am not against having a "Women's Football Manager" and definitely think women's football should be promoted. 

But like I said, a standalone "Women's Football Manager" wouldn't be commercially viable. I am going to be really suspect as to how many people actually play the women's database. So yes, it feels like a giant "score brownie points" move. 

Happy to be proven wrong! If they implement it and lots of people play it, fair game to them, but I think it's unlikely. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

1 hour ago, VP. said:

Wonder how player wages and more importantly transfer value will compare to the men's game.

Vivianne Miedema (for example) would be on around £400k a week and worth £100m+ if she was male.

The Dutch fans can only wish/pray/beg we get a male equivalent of what Miedema can do.

To be honest, there was a lot to be impressed by in the article they've put out.  Only real disappointing part is no real timeline, but if that means it's spot on when it does come, all the better.  It's certainly a good start, and a very bold statement to essentially say "the money doesn't matter".  Proof will be in the pudding.

Got to say, it's an interesting prospect to essentially open up a whole new world that you can delve into alongside the existing one.  Particularly if it's going to play noticeably different (as it should).

Edited by forameuss

25 minutes ago, forameuss said:

To be honest, there was a lot to be impressed by in the article they've put out.  Only real disappointing part is no real timeline, but if that means it's spot on when it does come, all the better.  It's certainly a good start, and a very bold statement to essentially say "the money doesn't matter".  Proof will be in the pudding.

Got to say, it's an interesting prospect to essentially open up a whole new world that you can delve into alongside the existing one.  Particularly if it's going to play noticeably different (as it should).

I'm particularly interested in the prospect of a Glory Hunter save that not only encompasses the men's leagues and international competitions, but the women's as well.

2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm particularly interested in the prospect of a Glory Hunter save that not only encompasses the men's leagues and international competitions, but the women's as well.

I did a save ages ago that grew the Pentagon up to a Tetradecagon (14) by adding all the international competitions.  Going along the same lines, you'd be up to 25 competitions.  Only ones "missing" would be a club continental competition for North America and Oceania.  Olympics to add though, which might actually be an interesting proposition when it's a massive part of the sport rather than a sideshow.

6 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I did a save ages ago that grew the Pentagon up to a Tetradecagon (14) by adding all the international competitions.  Going along the same lines, you'd be up to 25 competitions.  Only ones "missing" would be a club continental competition for North America and Oceania.  Olympics to add though, which might actually be an interesting proposition when it's a massive part of the sport rather than a sideshow.

Check out the ultimate fm challenge in the challenge forum - 10 top leagues, 10 top cups, the Pentagon challenge, all the international continental tournaments, world cup and club world cup all in one save. Now add the same but in the women's game on top of that! 

Edited by Britrock

This thread is out of date since SI announced how they'll implement the women's game into FM here: 

So thread closed. Use that one if you want to comment, but please think before you post. We've had to deal with a lot of sexist and antagonistic posts. Thanks.

• HUNT3R locked this topic