What's wrong my save ?

Hello everyone. I can't be successful with my tactic. What do you think I am doing wrong in tactics? I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thanks.

*  player instructions : Split block + BPD's stay wider

image.thumb.png.59dd0e7e81a1c2f9e26fa57451026c04.png

Edited by neptune'sblue

I won't say they are wrong, I just wouldn't do it the same way:

1. DW-S is the pressing version of a winger. They are instructed to leave their positions and press (like PF and BWM). Without other players on the wing, you might be leaving that area very exposed. The name for the role is probably not very suited.

2. DLP and BWM-D both have "Hold Position" and I find that a bit too static for my liking.

8 saat önce, CARRERA said:

What is going wrong in your opinion? Do you struggle to score or is your defense not reliable? Are your teams results as predicted in terms of media prediction and xG vs actual goals

I was constantly getting draws and it was below expectation. I was having trouble scoring goals. so i thought something was wrong.

1 saat önce, lfds89 said:

I won't say they are wrong, I just wouldn't do it the same way:

1. DW-S is the pressing version of a winger. They are instructed to leave their positions and press (like PF and BWM). Without other players on the wing, you might be leaving that area very exposed. The name for the role is probably not very suited.

2. DLP and BWM-D both have "Hold Position" and I find that a bit too static for my liking.

The game was stuck in midfield. DW didn't provide the width I wanted. And I changed the attack width wide. Better now than before. There is an increase in xG stats. What is your suggestion? When I try the WM role I see it goes in the box. Which role should I use in the wings? Would you recommend the CAR role in midfield? Thanks.

37 minutes ago, neptune'sblue said:

The game was stuck in midfield. DW didn't provide the width I wanted. And I changed the attack width wide. Better now than before. There is an increase in xG stats. What is your suggestion? When I try the WM role I see it goes in the box. Which role should I use in the wings? Would you recommend the CAR role in midfield? Thanks.

I would never use 3 atb without wing-backs. Especially if I'm not a dominant team (say Ajax in Holland or Porto/Benfica in Portugal). So drop them to WB and you can even set them on a attack duty, especially the one around the BWM.

About the midfield, I would check the passing statistics and view the game. Check who's missing the most passes. Usually it shows who doesn't have passing options and so where you should change.

I don't have much experience with CAR role. Seems quite good on the description (defence-attack connection and horizontal shuttlers), but I've always thought of them as more of a cover for WBs and it's very rare from me to play with 3 atb. Still, don't know if they are better than having a DLP/RPM/AP with stay wider and they are not as aggressive as the BWM-S which I really like (although I don't like the BWM-D, i prefer to switch to CM-D)

When played as a lone striker, TM tends to struggle with an attack duty. So you may consider either switching his duty to support or using a different role (DLF on attack duty for example). 

WMs instead of DWs on the flanks could also help stabilize the tactic overall.

Apart from the tactic itself, you also need to think whether that style of play (including the formation) suits your players.

On 14/06/2021 at 09:32, neptune'sblue said:

The game was stuck in midfield.

It will be.  You play out of defence into a 6-man midfield without any width in an attacking sense.  To compound matters you have a TM that will focusing the play centrally.

On 14/06/2021 at 09:32, neptune'sblue said:

DW didn't provide the width I wanted. And I changed the attack width wide. Better now than before.

Unsure how much that fix will ultimately help.  Defensive wingers should be used to free up attacking fullbacks, I don't think they are a good role out wide on their own.  Also, Target men typically suit direct play by winning the ball and bringing a partner into play.

I think you could tinker with this tactic for a long time and never quite make it click.

Edited by Robson 07

I'm using a very similar tactic, I assume you are going for something similar to Tuchel's Chelsea?

I'm not totally sure about DWs behavior, as I always see them getting the ball and cutting inside for some reason. I'd change your right DW to WM-S, and maybe use Stay wider and Run wide with the ball instructions. Also I'd switch your TM-A to TM-S or DLF-A/S.

That tactic has been working really well for me, it could be that you don't have the right players for it.

Thank you everyone.

With what you said, the tactic looks like this for now. I'm not sure about the VOL-s role, but I can review it during the match and change it to a CM role (like BWM-d). How do you think I should do?

image.thumb.png.2cfe3390c88d75e16e6ca8b0b4c0c337.png

36 minutes ago, neptune'sblue said:

I'm not sure about the VOL-s role, but I can review it during the match and change it to a CM role (like BWM-d). How do you think I should do?

Here is what I would do:

DLFat

AMsu    SS

WMat                          WMsu

DLPsu  VOLsu

So the volante is now behind the SS, so that he could take advantage of the space left behind the SS up front.

And then the WM on the more conservative side is now given the attacking duty so as to add more penetration in that area.

Btw, wide attacking width does not look necessary to me (at least not as a regular instruction). Instead, I would consider an instruction such as underlap right. 

@Experienced Defendermakes a good point. A SV is basically a box to box midfielder who starts from a  deeper position, and since you are using an AM(S) there is roadblock of sorts. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the DLP(S)/SV combo, i used combos like that a fair bit. The DLP has a hold position player instruction which keeps him reasonably static provided he doesn't play with some traits that encourage him to bolt. The system is pretty much locked in, this is a system that uses underlap very well. 

The underlap instruction is the most misunderstood TI in the game. It encourages wider players to hold up the ball looking for inside runs. In the case of  your system you have 3 players that can be the target of underlaps. 

On 17.06.2021 at 13:46, Experienced Defender said:

Here is what I would do:

DLFat

AMsu    SS

WMat                          WMsu

DLPsu  VOLsu

So the volante is now behind the SS, so that he could take advantage of the space left behind the SS up front.

And then the WM on the more conservative side is now given the attacking duty so as to add more penetration in that area.

Btw, wide attacking width does not look necessary to me (at least not as a regular instruction). Instead, I would consider an instruction such as underlap right. 

image.thumb.png.9bc571eed97130311f0bede361fe071c.png

This is what the tactic looks like right now. 

image.thumb.png.340132e3a3d2a258e66f089e2bbda91f.png

and I transferred to a new team. More powerful. Our performance in the friendly matches was good. The only problem in tactics is that sometimes we can't get past the stuck defenders. The opposing team scores a counter or long ball. My three defenders are good in the back. Do I have to make a player order? Or role switching (like bpd-st and cd-cover). 

Thank you for yours feedback

On 18.06.2021 at 15:39, Experienced Defender said:

I see that your results with this new tactic have been really good, although you only played friendlies thus far. Now it's time to test the tactic in official games. 

I guess something is wrong. Less than xg. I can't score. When the game gets stuck, I play in the wide area. However, there is no solution. It didn't work for the positive mentality. In general, my scores are like this;

image.thumb.png.26f7f03b27bc0bd14dc739cd0f21b725.png

I thought it would be a one game thing. But that's usually how it is. they score on their first shot.

image.thumb.png.29ee3bbab9c5bf1cdaa4c2dfba2f20c8.png

2-

image.thumb.png.734fa8e1b3717e8f5f87c87b32f91262.png

On 18/06/2021 at 13:31, neptune'sblue said:

image.thumb.png.9bc571eed97130311f0bede361fe071c.png

1 hour ago, neptune'sblue said:

I guess something is wrong. Less than xg. I can't score. When the game gets stuck, I play in the wide area. However, there is no solution. It didn't work for the positive mentality.

The great benefit in the attacking phase with a back-three, is that you can go very aggressive with your Wing Backs or Wide Midfielders. Also when it comes to attacking play, mobility from deeper areas is essential, unless your are looking for a more transitional style of play. However, that only may work as long as the other team is willing to come at you and exposes space behind their defensive line or moving too many players forward, so that your attackers can beat the defenders in 1v1 situations.

So when looking at your tactics, there is only a very cautious atempt of deep runs from a VOL(s) and only the left wide midflieders seems to be very aggressive to really make use of your back three. However, i can understand, that you dont want the right WM on an attacking duty, due to mentality reasons, but your could instruct him to "get further" forward, to allow more mobility from him when your team has possession. Another idea would be to emphasis deep runs even more from your VOL by making him an attacking duty. In matches where you are considered way better than the other team, you could even make use of both players being more mobile.

Also i noticed you still got not maxed out tactical familarity. Its not the end of the world, but can still come in handy. Unticking "Counter TI" can also help, as soon as you see the other team being very defensive.

17 hours ago, neptune'sblue said:

I guess something is wrong. Less than xg. I can't score. When the game gets stuck, I play in the wide area. However, there is no solution. It didn't work for the positive mentality. In general, my scores are like this;

image.thumb.png.26f7f03b27bc0bd14dc739cd0f21b725.png

I thought it would be a one game thing. But that's usually how it is. they score on their first shot.

image.thumb.png.29ee3bbab9c5bf1cdaa4c2dfba2f20c8.png

2-

image.thumb.png.734fa8e1b3717e8f5f87c87b32f91262.png

I see these 3 games span a 2-month period.  How have the performances been otherwise?

4 saat önce, Geoff Newman said:

I see these 3 games span a 2-month period.  How have the performances been otherwise?

Other matches are similar. I only won two games by a score of 4-2. Two goals in that match came from penalties and set pieces.

19 saat önce, CARRERA said:

The great benefit in the attacking phase with a back-three, is that you can go very aggressive with your Wing Backs or Wide Midfielders. Also when it comes to attacking play, mobility from deeper areas is essential, unless your are looking for a more transitional style of play. However, that only may work as long as the other team is willing to come at you and exposes space behind their defensive line or moving too many players forward, so that your attackers can beat the defenders in 1v1 situations.

So when looking at your tactics, there is only a very cautious atempt of deep runs from a VOL(s) and only the left wide midflieders seems to be very aggressive to really make use of your back three. However, i can understand, that you dont want the right WM on an attacking duty, due to mentality reasons, but your could instruct him to "get further" forward, to allow more mobility from him when your team has possession. Another idea would be to emphasis deep runs even more from your VOL by making him an attacking duty. In matches where you are considered way better than the other team, you could even make use of both players being more mobile.

Also i noticed you still got not maxed out tactical familarity. Its not the end of the world, but can still come in handy. Unticking "Counter TI" can also help, as soon as you see the other team being very defensive.

Right-back, I mean WM, I gave the order to my WMd player to go forward. However, I did not see much effect. I'm not sure about the tactical habit. I played 3 matches. I beat Real Madrid 1-0. However, Elche and Espanyol beat me with 2 accurate shots. I think I'll play a little more like this. If i lose I'm going to start going back to the 4231 lineup. I'm tired of conceding a goal from the first shot. Thanks for your help. Something missing. However, I could not understand what was missing.