Promotion - when the game sees you as a higher division team

duesouth

Example - I'm managing a League Two team and we get promoted automatically into League One.  Right now, the game doesn't recognise you as a League One team until early July when the new season fixtures are released.

That's a problem in terms of recruitment - particularly of any players out of contract at the end of June.  As soon as any promotion is secured - potential signings should see you as (using my example) a League One club.

Also, I'd like to see an addition to the recruitment meetings.  I would love to have a recruitment meeting a few days after any promotion is confirmed (and perhaps even when qualifying for Europe for the first time).  Using my example again, as a manager, I want to demand of my scouts "bring me players of League One standard".  I often find the recommendations are based on your current squad and too many aren't upgrades, which is particularly a problem if you are promoted two seasons in a row and need to have greater turnover if you want to avoid struggling hugely.

As an aside with the recruitment meetings - a lot of suggestions are players who haven't been scouted at all.  If I was a real life manager, I would be saying to my scouts "how can you recommend someone you know nothing about?!" - so surely any players suggested in these meetings should be scouted at least partially or known from previous knowledge/clubs?  This would make these meetings a lot more useful - as at the moment I tend to ignore a lot of them.

I am supporting this with all my heart ! 

Waiting for the game to recognize that you've moved to upper league is so frustrating. Half the summer is lost in terms of recruitment .