Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Maybe next time don't quote an Irish person and say this is why people hate the English, makes you look incredibly stupid. 

Yeah, because it is about that specific individual's nationality and not the entire English media trying to argue the same thing, ffs.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, because it is about that specific individual's nationality and not the entire English media trying to argue the same thing, ffs.

EDITED and just put Gunman on ignore

Edited by Mr Adam

3 minutes ago, Reggiana said:

I know they shuffle across, I still think they're a yard in front of the wall though.

denmarkwall.png.13e838ebb7d4ba87879976d99ba110f2.png

Kick still hasn't been taken and the 1 in the middle has already made his run next to the wall to block Pickford's view 

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Personally I don't think stuff like Sterling should be a penalty, but it consistently is given these days so I'm not complaining about Sterling playing for it.

Yep. It's a soft penalty, but we see them constantly given, and VAR doesn't overturn them. This is literally run of the mill stuff. It's also entirely in keeping with how last night was reffed

Just now, Mr Adam said:

There are plenty of international people arguing the same thing you absolute moron.

I'll take the ban for this - you're being a ****ing imbecile. **** off.

:lol:

How f-ing ignorant you have to be to not understand the point I'm trying to make.

If I quoted any of the hundred English media people arguing the same thing, it would be fine?

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

So many of the British Media actually saying that it was a soft penalty doesn't change how you feel?

One of the most patriotic Englishmen in Ian Wright said it was iffy. 

End of the day, the ref gave the penalty and it was missed and then the rebound was scored.  England won 2-1 on the night and go to the final.

That's history.....nothing you say can change that history...you are just being stupid and bitter and feeding the euphoria

1 hour ago, foolsgold said:

Oh lord I was out last night but reading these pages back has been fantastic. The saltiness level in here :D. I honestly can't fathom how another team that you don't even support can make somebody so angry, proper perplexing stuff. :D

Injustice tends to make people salty. 

What it comes down to gunman is that you can't accept people having a different opinion to you or the possibility you might be wrong. So you have spent the last 14 hours having the kind of meltdown even a toddler would be embarrassed about. You've argued yourself into absolute knots, the low point being your bizarre point about the red card against blanc

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

denmarkwall.png.13e838ebb7d4ba87879976d99ba110f2.png

Kick still hasn't been taken and the 1 in the middle has already made his run next to the wall to block Pickford's view 

Yes but he's still a yard away from the wall. It's Kjaer and the only England player he goes close to on his run is Mount, who isn't in the wall.

The Danes are on the line and the England wall is about a yard back from the line.

1 hour ago, Bigwig said:

I’m not sure why people always seem to see things in blacks and white. The penalty was either a stonewall penalty or an obvious dive. The very fact it’s being debated so much makes it literally a debatable penalty.

Also, after all this time people still don’t know what the purpose of VAR is and don’t get the ‘clear and obvious’ part.  VAR doesn’t overturn that decision either way.  If the ref originally doesn’t give then pen then VAR doesn’t overturn the decision. 

It's not debated. Everyone everywhere in the world calls it a blatant dive, every referee expert says the play should have been stopped due to the second ball being there.. there's no debate. There's just some English fans that are cagey about expressing delight in the way the result came and pundits calling it "soft" to save face and not use the term "non-existent". 

What exactly is under debate? Sterling took a dive. There was a ball sitting at the edge of the Denmark box and the actual ball went to that spot and they could have even collided... Are we going to call the Danes fools for not going to kick the other ball that the ref should have stopped the play for already?

1 minute ago, Reggiana said:

Yes but he's still a yard away from the wall. It's Kjaer and the only England player he goes close to on his run is Mount, who isn't in the wall.

The Danes are on the line and the England wall is about a yard back from the line.

See I'm not entirely sure whether that was rule breaking or really clever from Denmark

Just now, Yuko said:

It's not debated. Everyone everywhere in the world calls it a blatant dive, every referee expert says the play should have been stopped due to the second ball being there.. there's no debate. There's just some English fans that are cagey about expressing delight in the way the result came and pundits calling it "soft" to save face and not use the term "non-existent". 

What exactly is under debate? Sterling took a dive. There was a ball sitting at the edge of the Denmark box and the actual ball went to that spot and they could have even collided... Are we going to call the Danes fools for not going to kick the other ball that the ref should have stopped the play for already?

You know your argument falls apart as desperate completely when you start talking about the second ball. That's just bad luck. 

Ignore button coming in super handy today.

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yep. It's a soft penalty, but we see them constantly given, and VAR doesn't overturn them. This is literally run of the mill stuff. It's also entirely in keeping with how last night was reffed

exactly this!  I still don't think it was a penalty but I must have seen at least 100 like that given.  It's hardly the worst decision ever or some conspiracy evidence.  It's also certainly subjective enough for VAR not to overturn.  Furthermore although I agree our commentators & pundits often peddle the "english players don't dive (as much)", I don't think many fans think that, we're well aware that our players started dangling legs, exaggerating contract, stepping across to draw fouls etc ages ago.  I admit I don't like it but it's the modern game.

4 minutes ago, Reggiana said:

The rule is 1 metre and they're not 1m away from the wall even in that screenshot :D 

Kjaer ends up stood next to wall when its taken, in between the main wall and Mount 

1 minute ago, foolsgold said:

Very bizarre to get salty when you're not even a fan of either team though. :D

Didn't you know everyone hates England :lol:

32 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

VAR shouldn't have allowed the Denmark free kick to stand, it was nothing to do with a foul, they had players within 1 metre of the England wall, they were even blocking Pickford's view doing it  

This basically won France the World cup (as a momentum shift). Fouls outside the box (or what you said) are not in VAR territory so discussing that is clutching at straws.

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I was thinking maybe for the final we could have mass bannings.

Been a while since we had a real ding dong mudslinger 

Mods will be clicking that ban button like they're playing Minesweeper

29 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

VAR shouldn't have allowed the Denmark free kick to stand, it was nothing to do with a foul, they had players within 1 metre of the England wall, they were even blocking Pickford's view doing it  

Lol, no. 

I've seen this go viral, it's just so wrong! 

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

The rule is 1 metre and they're not 1m away from the wall even in that screenshot :D 

Kjaer ends up stood next to wall when its taken, in between the main wall and Mount 

The line on the pitch where the wall are meant to be stood and the edge of the box look one metre apart to me.

No one touches anyone in the wall, which is what the rule was brought in to prevent.

I would hate VAR to start getting the lines out for something like that and deciding to disallow a goal for someone only being 0.7m away from the wall at a free kick.

18 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Maybe next time don't quote an Irish person and say this is why people hate the English, makes you look incredibly stupid. 

For someone who has had a lot of terrible opinions, you seem really intent in not letting anyone have ones different to you

You could have twisted this to say that people hate the English because they confuse them with the Irish. 

Opportunity lost :D

I love how people are interpreting the rules on both of the contentious decisions. Either you have read the rules and are that biased you're glossing over them or you have no clue what you're talking about.

12 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

You know your argument falls apart as desperate completely when you start talking about the second ball. That's just bad luck. 

Ignore button coming in super handy today.

Sing along now; two balls and one dive, England all the way. 

11 minutes ago, foolsgold said:

Very bizarre to get salty when you're not even a fan of either team though. :D

Remarkable viewpoint. 

Let's not give a crap about anything if it's not directly affecting us, shall we? 

1 minute ago, Reggiana said:

Don't see why they should start proceedings against England but they absolutely should be trying to identify the idiot in question.

Next match behind closed doors….imagine the scenes :D

4 minutes ago, Yuko said:

Remarkable viewpoint. 

Let's not give a crap about anything if it's not directly affecting us, shall we? 

Not really what I said though is it?

If there was a debatable penalty decision in the Spain v Italy game, I'd have taken an interest in it. I would absolutely not have thrown my toys out of the pram over it.

Just now, foolsgold said:

If there was a debatable penalty decision in the Spain v Italy game, I'd have taken an interest in it. I would absolutely not have thrown my toys out of the pram over it.

It kinda is. Maybe you don't mind injustice as much as you thought then. 

The only 'debatable' part here is whether or not RoW has to break it to England fans that it was a blatant non-call that has tainted their qualification to a first ever Euro final or not. The call was a disgrace considering VAR. 

1 minute ago, foolsgold said:

Yuko and Gunman have a thing about England. They try and deny it but the facade slips often what really pisses me off is they are pushing me in to wanting England to win on Sunday. 

Look, I can completely understand people saying it's a bit soft, but the replay shows incredibly clear contact. VAR is never, ever, ever going to overturn that decision. And nor should it. 

14 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

I love how people are interpreting the rules on both of the contentious decisions. Either you have read the rules and are that biased you're glossing over them or you have no clue what you're talking about.

The rules themselves still require some sort of subjective though

Just now, Bigwig said:

How was the Danish national anthem ‘disrupted’?  Was it just the boos or anything else?

If it was just the boos we would be charged after every game. 

Boos and fireworks apparently. Didn't see the fireworks and TBF we should be charged every game for the booing