Match 51 THE FINAL: Italy vs England - 8pm Sunday BBC1 AND ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VP. said:

Why would I want the oppositions best players fit?

Just say you hope 6 Italians get a heart attack and die. Game defaults to England 3-0 :applause::rolleyes: 

Just now, DJ said:

Just say you hope 6 Italians get a heart attack and die. Game defaults to England 3-0 :applause::rolleyes: 

Literally no difference between that and hoping a knock somebody has taken is enough to force him off is there.

Just now, Carambau said:

Why would you wish him an injury?

I don't wish him an injury but it makes things slightly easier if he is.

Why is it now OK to be happy if an oppositions player is injured before so can't play but not if it happens during it? 

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

It's a hollow victory if we only win because the opponents' best players get injured. Feels much more deserved if we manage to beat a full strength squad.

Spinazzola and Florenzi got injured, Pellegrini didn't recover in time for the tournament. Neither did Zaniolo.

Can't do anything about stuff like that.

Just now, VP. said:

So you're asking me to answer the question I asked you which I clearly don't know the answer to or I wouldn't have asked in the first place?

Oh, you do. 

BBC Live text got the wrong Chiesa.

36 mins
Post update
Italy 0-1 England

Oooof. That's close.

Enrico Chiesa gets away from Declan Rice and fires a low shot just a yard past the post.

Chiesa is lively, Italy are stepping it up, England need to be very careful.

I don't get this inconsistency with off side. Sometimes they let the whole move be played out before flagging, thus wasting everyone's time, this time the player didn't even touch the ball yet. Odd. 

Just now, VP. said:

So you're asking me to answer the question I asked you which I clearly don't know the answer to or I wouldn't have asked in the first place?

Come one, man. You just said that you hope that a player is being knocked again on the existing injury, so that he would be out of one of the biggest games of his career. 

Obivously, it's a totally different scale to wishing death but it's exactly the same direction of moral values. 

Just now, DJ said:

I don't get this inconsistency with off side. Sometimes they let the whole move be played out before flagging, thus wasting everyone's time, this time the player didn't even touch the ball yet. Odd. 

It depends how likely a chance is going to come from it. Obviously this can be a bit up to interpretation.