Young Player Wants to Go, I Want Them To Stay - What Now?

So, I have a young player who I think has a ton of potential.  A team has made an offer and they want to talk with them.  However, I want them to stay as I think they can develop into something good.  What should I do?  Should I let them talk to them or just block the deal?  If I block the deal they may get upset and not play well and hurt team chemistry.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If the player has a short contract, then perhaps a sale would be the best, but if it's a longer (3 years+), then I'd just keep him. Just stay away from promising anything, and he will get over if after a while. At that point sign him to a new longer contract. Rinse and repeat. Works most of the time, unless the player is vastly better than your club.

45 minutes ago, XaW said:

If the player has a short contract, then perhaps a sale would be the best, but if it's a longer (3 years+), then I'd just keep him. Just stay away from promising anything, and he will get over if after a while. At that point sign him to a new longer contract. Rinse and repeat. Works most of the time, unless the player is vastly better than your club.

Yeah Its definitely too easy to keep excellent prospects in FM.

Yup, just force stupidly long contracts on youth prospects (just throw in optional 2 years for talents younger than 18 that can't get a 5 year contract), suck up to him when he trains/plays well so he starts liking you and then just tell him to sod off when he wants a move. Even if he gets pissed, there will be a period of time during that long ass contract that there will be no major interest and he'll be happy, at which point you quickly get him a new contract. Rinse and repeat. If you've been at the club at a while and the overall club personalities aren't too bad one or two guys complaining won't do anything. Also, if the player is already with you for a while and becomes part of the higher tiers in the club hierarchy you can almost always convince him to stay by just telling him how important he is for your club. It's way too easy.