Predictable VAR Decisions

Pulpo

Whenever the referee goes to VAR on suspicion of possible offside, an offside decision is made. I have never witnessed a goal that is unruled because of an offside is overturned by VAR. And we can predict what will happen in penalty decisions. Also never seen a red card after VAR review.

Making VAR decisions more unpredictable will make VAR realistic. I hope they can fix it on FM22.

Edited by Pulpo

• Pulpo changed the title to Predictable VAR Decisions

Agreed.  Also speed up the animation where the ref walks sssllllooooowwwwlllllyyyy over to the monitor on halfway - takes too long and you generally can work out what the decision is going to be anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree totally.  The only VAR decisions I see that aren't always guaranteed are penalty claims when the player is on the edge of the box.  But, even now you can tell it'll be a free kick.  There needs to be an element of "is it or isn't it?" that real life has.   

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

We have made changes to the VAR system for FM22 and have been investigating bugs where there are still any clear/obvious indicators of an outcome. We wouldn't consider it to be a feature request to have something working in a way you would expect already in the game so if there are any further issues please do raise them as bug reports. Thanks for taking the time to share your views however guys.