Hopes and Fears for FM Touch 2022

Let’s start positive…

Hopes:

- FM Touch on iPad (or any other tablet with a integrated keyboard and trackpad), we’ll be able to use the keyboard and trackpad as we can currently on a laptop. For example, scrolling up and down on a page using the trackpad, being able to select multiple items with click + Shift, etc. 

- Being able to use multitasking capability on tablet so you can play in split screen mode.

- Having the ability to import custom databases.

- Pre-game editor (I know…)

Fears:

- FMT is seen as the forgotten child in the FM family, with very little info prior to launch on features and confirmed release date (sadly this look likes it might be the case again)

23 hours ago, mattcameron8 said:

Let’s start positive…

Hopes:

- FM Touch on iPad (or any other tablet with a integrated keyboard and trackpad), we’ll be able to use the keyboard and trackpad as we can currently on a laptop. For example, scrolling up and down on a page using the trackpad, being able to select multiple items with click + Shift, etc. 

- Being able to use multitasking capability on tablet so you can play in split screen mode.

- Having the ability to import custom databases.

- Pre-game editor (I know…)

Fears:

- FMT is seen as the forgotten child in the FM family, with very little info prior to launch on features and confirmed release date (sadly this look likes it might be the case again)

It does feel like the forgotten child at times. I think if we were to get an editor the more feasible option would be an in-game editor rather than a pre-game editor. 

It is a wonder why there's little news in regards to FM Touch 22

Hopes:

- To have a proper release information about FMT 22. More concrete which of the new improvements announced on the fat FM will be in FMT.

Fears:

- The end of FMT eventually, in favor of fat FM, at the least in PC/Mac and we will never see an editor. Maybe an Ipad version, perhaps.

On 01/10/2021 at 20:39, Bdare said:

It does feel like the forgotten child at times. I think if we were to get an editor the more feasible option would be an in-game editor rather than a pre-game editor. 

It is a wonder why there's little news in regards to FM Touch 22

The release information of FM22 is only starting, despite being just over month from release date (2/3  weeks for beta release). So don't expect any information regarding, by near the release of the Beta release. If there is any release at all.

7 hours ago, FMTouched said:

Hopes:

In-game editor

the Data Hub festure

A early November realease

Proper way to utilise the Nintendo Switch touchscreen

Fears: 

A December release

Think your fear isn’t going to come true if anything it will have a delay of 2 to 3 weeks max. Must admit, I don’t get the hype of a in game editor, That said I know it’s a must for a few gamers. I personally really hope, That I can have an option of turning off IGP (In game Purchase) in return for a FFP more realistic financial system. But I doubt we will ever see that as Touch is for fast gaming. 

On 03/10/2021 at 16:36, grade said:

Hopes:

- To have a proper release information about FMT 22. More concrete which of the new improvements announced on the fat FM will be in FMT.

Fears:

- The end of FMT eventually, in favor of fat FM, at the least in PC/Mac and we will never see an editor. Maybe an Ipad version, perhaps.

The release information of FM22 is only starting, despite being just over month from release date (2/3  weeks for beta release). So don't expect any information regarding, by near the release of the Beta release. If there is any release at all.

Spot on as it turns out. Something I would have completely laughed off a couple of days ago.

2 hours ago, tyro said:

Spot on as it turns out. Something I would have completely laughed off a couple of days ago.

To be fair I had about 95% of me join you laughing off such comment, but those 5% were suspicious and believed the end of FMT. Well those 5% were right!