*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dieguitoch said:

this seems like very bad news !

Verticial Tikka Takka is your friend for playing through the middle.  The fact that wideplay is much improved, doesnt mean being forced wide ends up with FM21 blocked crosses and corners. 

14 minutes ago, XaW said:

We Mods can't say much, since we are not in the know in regards to what SI have as plans for the game. Any comment would have to come from SI staff.

Appreciate that @XaW I just wondered if a member of the SI staff had already commented on it and I'd missed it. I'm surmising that they consider them an important element as they keep tweaking them and continue to include them. Thanks.

Don't know where to post about FM22 bugs so ill just post this here, i turn most of that tactical advice off in the responsibilities, but it isn't turning it off when it comes to match day i really don't like all that tactical advice stuff, in FM21 it was fine you could disable most of it. 

Untitled.png

tac.png

12 minutes ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Don't know where to post about FM22 bugs so ill just post this here, i turn most of that tactical advice off in the responsibilities, but it isn't turning it off when it comes to match day i really don't like all that tactical advice stuff, in FM21 it was fine you could disable most of it. 

Untitled.png

tac.png

Click that button on the side menu that says “Report Bug”

10 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Whats the script with the Scottish Premiership FFP notice coming up when trying to sign a player ? 

Looking through the rules for the league in game there is no mention of financial rules pertaining to wages and my board have set my wage budget way over what the transfer window is stating the limit is. 

There are UI bugs all over the place as well. Red warning that a player cant be signed out the same season he was signed (then the date he signed beside it stating he signed 2 years ago) and in the league information page it's stating I am 7th in average player value @ 4.3 million with the average player value in the SPL being 9.5 million and Dundee United having the highest average at 27 million (their best player has a value range that maxes at 4 million). Will submit bug reports for the latter.

Same issue in my HIbs save. 

After 4 games i have started to see the same type of goals ? One in particular is on the left side of goal area when the player pivots , turns then puts a lofted cross into to penalty area for a player to head it in . Hope this isnt going to keep repeating itself

1 minute ago, alian62 said:

After 4 games i have started to see the same type of goals ? One in particular is on the left side of goal area when the player pivots , turns then puts a lofted cross into to penalty area for a player to head it in . Hope this isnt going to keep repeating itself

Really? Ive only scored a couple in my 3 games but all were different. Although I had a player pivot on the left side, turn and thunder a shot into the far side of the net...maybe i got lucky?

I love the way the match engine now somewhat recreates the eb and flow of a real football match. 

I've lost games on this version where I'd feel like I've been FM'd in prior versions (robbed blind, cheated etc) but here I'm like okay yeah that was actually a great counter attack by them and it was my fault for not changing my tactics that allowed them to do it 2 more times.

Where as those goals felt in the past like random almost scripted events now they feel natural and as part of an actual game of football that I as a manager should have done something about.

I've seen a lot of great goals that have started with presses too, a defender getting the ball knicked off them due to a hospital ball or poor touch creating a counter etc.

Seems to be a huge range of goals too, including my keeper spilling a low cross (something he's done IRL twice this season already). Through balls, crosses, mistakes set pieces a very nice mix.

Just feels so, so much more like real football than ever before. A massive pat on the back and two thumbs up congratulations to the team in charge of the ME this year from me.

4 hours ago, murrayrj_197 said:

I basically cut the graphics folder from the 2021 game and pasted it right into the 2022 folder. works right away.

I changed the file name from “Graphics” to “graphics” and is now working. Not sure if that made a difference but working well now 👍

20 minutes ago, obscenesage said:

Takes a ridiculous amount of time for coaches to accept offers. Been waiting at least 20 days for 2 coaches to do something now.

Are they waiting for a Work Permit application of have they just not accepted the job offer?

9 hours ago, dannyfc said:

Passing feels off, far too easy to rack up 90% pass completion. More than FM21, which is odd given this was specifically addressed as having being tweaked in the launch video. 

Shouldn't be so easy to play out the back, especially in lower league. Watch a League Two IRL and its turnover after turnover.

Also saddened to see the play shift back to being predominantly down the wings  again. Wing backs are the biggest creators.

Don't want to be too negative as it's well polished, but overall feel the match engine is a step backwards.

I was wondering about that, too. Perhaps it's a case where the passing accuracy is fine, but the decision-making of what type of pass to use and to whom is a bit off, so the stats are off because the players aren't behaving as they would IRL? Anyway, just speculating for fun.

19 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

As others have said, depending on the situation your team will cover spaces and passing angles while waiting for a pressing trigger. This is an intentional improvement over previous editions of the game where it felt like players would chase after the ball endlessly, which in real life would lead to your team getting played through far too easily. Players should be smarter now, and wait for the right moment to trigger a press, at a time which makes it less likely that the opposition can bypass the press.

There's of course other factors too - players won't always make the right decision dependent on their attributes, maybe they didn't trigger a press at the right time because they made a bad decision, or maybe because they're tired and are looking to recover some energy. You can certainly try and use a high pressing system with any team, but teams that have players with higher stamina, work rate, aggression, anticipation will see better results.

Another aspect I'm sure people will talk about a lot is the fitness levels - there'll be some games where you use gegenpress and it doesn't feel like your team is getting that tired. A big factor here is possession, if you're keeping 65%+ possession then your team is able to take control of the game, and teams will tire faster without the ball than with it. This is one of the reasons why teams like Man City are able to maintain such an intense press for long periods, they do their recovering while they have the ball. Because of this, the matches where you'll really notice a huge impact on fitness is in matches where your team is having to do the majority of the defending. Be careful of those matches and try to use more sensible pressing levels that takes this into account. 

However that's not to say there can't be any bugs with it! Pressing is an extremely complicated network of decisions and is dependent on player attributes, fitness, formation etc. So if you're consistently seeing a trend where you think it can be improved then start a bug report please and we'll look into it.

So you mean my players won't stray away from their assignment to go chase the ball anymore? I always wondered what the 'Tighter Marking' instruction was for if my players are going to just leave their assigned man anyway to go chase the ball :lol:.

Now I've always been in the camp of not having a keeper on the bench in FM. But I've just noticed one of mine who's out on loan has actually picked up a red card, and I'm still very early in the save. Maybe a total fluke but it's giving me food for thought...

I have seen there has been people saying that there is a lack of central play, so thought would watch the watch goals back from my last 3 games.

We scored 7 goals in those 3 games, with 3 goals coming from the wing and 4 from central play, so I would say its fairly even for me. One of the central play goals in particular was very nice.

There used to be a map of where your assists came from and could see if they were crosses or through passes. Haven't found that yet but must be in the data hub somewhere.

13 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I have seen there has been people saying that there is a lack of central play, so thought would watch the watch goals back from my last 3 games.

We scored 7 goals in those 3 games, with 3 goals coming from the wing and 4 from central play, so I would say its fairly even for me. One of the central play goals in particular was very nice.

There used to be a map of where your assists came from and could see if they were crosses or through passes. Haven't found that yet but must be in the data hub somewhere.

Its in the data hub. I was surprised to find that the majority of my goals came from through balls. I'd have said crosses would have been the majority but nope it was a very nice spread.

Edited by kiwityke1983

4 hours ago, VinceLombardi said:

Yup. Dynamic rivalries. Miles announced it in a tweet. Now your boogey teams can become rivals. 

Seems completely random though. What’s the context? 

Not even in the same league. When’s the last time a cross Europe rivalry started between champions league teams that have only probably met twice in the knockout stage? 

The year is now 2033. City has had a horrid last 3 years, they only won the CL once! Total CL count for them is now 8 out of 12. Just a couple more years to go until they dethrone Real.

Bayern has realized they have money! It's astonishing, they have finally splashed some cash on a good player instead of buying 4 crap ones. Newcastle hasn't shown a lot of activity in a while surprisingly, only 1 leading transfer from them. Still nothing from Spain, Italy has that single top transfer to hold onto, but now it's in Inter's hands.

Newgens! So, with a couple of newgens now in the top transfers I can say that there appear to be some new templates, but now I'm seeing a massive amount of all rounders suddenly! :lol: The guy Bayern bought is an AM, but the guy looks like a perfect fit for a hard working defensive role that can have an impact going forward. No idea how an AM ended up with that high Tackling/Marking and solid defensive mentals! Seen a couple of these guys in the top transfers though, no more amazing technicals in 3-4 areas like in FM21, instead no amazing technicals at all, but almost no bad ones either! Except for crossing, so apparently that's still a lost ability.

I mean, look at this "AM"! (And of course AI had to teach him the "gets further forward" PPM)

Spoiler

image.png.4e2779c3f1c487263090ca3c357621c4.png

Back to holidaying I go, still too many real players! But only a couple years more till I can actually start my save!

25 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Its in the data hub. I was surprised to find that the majority of my goals came from through balls. I'd have said crosses would have been the majority but nope it was a very nice spread.

But the thing is the way FM categorises through balls is loose enough plus a ball from a keeper over the top is likely classed as a through ball so in FM that assist breakdown isn't necessarily indicative of quality play at all

14 hours ago, BulletOfWar said:

Not sure if anyone else has said anything yet, but the absurd amount of clicking I have to do is insane. Instead of being able to hover over the "i" for quick and easy information about players now, I have to click, on... Every. Single. One. This is becoming tedious. What was wrong with hovering?

I am of the opposite opinion. I hate when stuff pops up just because I happen to hover over something. Maybe a setting in the preferences would fix this?

Has someone already mentioned that the scout reports do not show a ‘player attributes’ toggle anymore? Rather than you need to click on the little ‘i’ to see them? Why would I want to see a player’s personality before his attributes??

Also, anyone else noticed the UI being way slower than last year?

Edited by notwbgne

crosses.png.68edb8fb31cefbeb33853bf09afb1356.png

goals.png.6ad984b912faf93a2a294ff15d50ccaa.png

Most of my goals are from crosses but Like I said previously, I'm playing 2 wingbacks and a winger who are expected to cross so that could be why I'm seeing these numbers. When I look at the types of goals scored only few are from headers

2 minutes ago, notwbgne said:

Has someone already mentioned that the scout reports do not show a ‘player attributes’ toggle anymore? Rather than you need to click on the little ‘i’ to see them? Why would I want to see a player’s personality before his attributes??

Also, anyone else noticed the UI being way slower than last year?

The UI being laggy has been reported. 

you don't have to click on the "i" you just have to hover your mouse around it

44 minutes ago, akkm said:

But the thing is the way FM categorises through balls is loose enough plus a ball from a keeper over the top is likely classed as a through ball so in FM that assist breakdown isn't necessarily indicative of quality play at all

A lot of mine are balls down the channel from my fullbacks. Certainly weren't long balls from the keeper.

Il y a 9 heures, dunk105 a dit :

Verticial Tikka Takka is your friend for playing through the middle.  The fact that wideplay is much improved, doesnt mean being forced wide ends up with FM21 blocked crosses and corners. 

This seems like very good news :)

13 minutes ago, DarJ said:

crosses.png.68edb8fb31cefbeb33853bf09afb1356.png

goals.png.6ad984b912faf93a2a294ff15d50ccaa.png

Most of my goals are from crosses but Like I said previously, I'm playing 2 wingbacks and a winger who are expected to cross so that could be why I'm seeing these numbers. When I look at the types of goals scored only few are from headers

I've noticed a few line splitting passes leading to goals from my opponents. I think the "too much crossing goals" issue is exaggerated. 

8 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

A lot of mine are balls down the channel from my fullbacks. Certainly weren't long balls from the keeper.

Thats interesting in itself and actually showing its not central play but emanating form the wings which isn't good play either to be fair

15 hours ago, StormenDK said:

I am only in my second pre-season game, but in both games the ball has been blue, which makes it really hard to track on the green background.

Is that a setting or something somewhere?

It seems to be something in my graphics folder. I removed my launch options on Steam, and then I have a white football again.

Sadly that means that I currently can't play with my facepacks etc. for now.

I usually dont post on the beta because I know there is more to come but I must say this is the most "polished" FM I played in years , usually I get bored and press "spacebar" to move on but now the information is delivered to you in a simple and nice way for you to look and think what to do next.

Keep it up the good work finally we are on the right track.

P.S. Might be me but can you have a look at individual training , I dont like to take over leave to my Ass manager but he seems to keep them too high and dont follow the physio instruction to put them half intensity so they lower the injury chances . 

Edited by Relik