*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Same question may go to people who play 3D - why do they need stadiums and crowd while their concentration is on 22 3d players? :)

I have often wondered  that if the game is struggling to create realistic crowds and stadiums, why not just have the 3D pitch with no surrounds,

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

I'm trying to tell you that they don't behave human. You keep going to technical aspects of animation and how fluid and hi-res it is, I am telling you the players in FM do not act human. When they have a good chance to score and they miss, they just go back to the center of the pitch, without any reaction at all, when they score, they just robotically raise their arms and then stop celebrating virtually at the same time all of them, When the goalkeeper makes a good save in a tight 1-0 lead in the 90th minute, no one goes to congratulate him, the players don't pat each other on the back, talk, shout at each other, communicate with themselves or the referee, they are basically robots.

From the technical side of things, which you keep going back to, the ball feels like it has no weight, they still slide on the pitch, when they need to make a turn, they sometimes just rotate around their Y-axis.

The first part especially has nothing to do with computing power or 3D engine capabilities, or anything of the like. As I've tried to say, on one hand you supposedly can talk to players and have meetings with the team, on the other, on the pitch, they do not act human, and that has nothing to do with how many pixels there are on the screen.

And yes, some of these older games, had some of those things, and by older, I mean ancient. No one here is asking for some insane 3D capabilities, but when my striker misses a sitter, I'd at least like to see him hold his head in his hands, instead of just jogging back as if nothing happened.

What you suggest would enhance involvement in the game. Its a good shout but really a feature request. Its only been recently that cup / league success gets the celebrations and pitch walk to the fans

1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I have often wondered  that if the game is struggling to create realistic crowds and stadiums, why not just have the 3D pitch with no surrounds,

I play with the crowd turned off. Improves graphical performance allowing my less than top line PC run better graphics than it would otherwise. Plus I just find them distracting.

4 hours ago, Valleyg said:

On fm22 beta.

After a bad start to the season, I changed to a pretty standard 4231 formation and its going better now, won 4 in a row....but....I haven't used inverted wingers for a while and they seem to stay wide and dribble wide without any extra player instructions added....I wanted supporting full backs to go down the wings with inverted wingers dribbling/moving inside. The wingers are left foot on the right, right foot on the left and are suited to be inverted wingers. I'm seeing on extended highlights that they often stay wide and dribble wide, hardly ever cutting in. Is this something others are seeing? I will have to watch a few more games maybe on full match, but I'm not sure how to remedy this. I don't think it's it's bug, just an observation and wondered if others have seen the same.

Yes observed the same and agree its not a bug per se as my understanding of an inverted winger is they should cross on the opposite foot, its not necessarily about driving inside.

I think previously they've been too similar to IFs.

I would like to see more variation of where they cross from - I'm seeing them always go to the byline.

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

What you suggest would enhance involvement in the game. Its a good shout but really a feature request. Its only been recently that cup / league success gets the celebrations and pitch walk to the fans

Well, should it really be a feature request and not a given? This is the reason I play in 2D still, at least in 2D I can imagine them doing those things.

8 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

My own thoughts on the ME thus far. For context, I'm playing as Man Utd so I obviously have good players esp. in the forward positions.

Primarily been switching between / experimenting with 4231 and 4123.

First thing to say, the more I play it, I think its not far away from being a very good ME and it is a case of tweaks rather than sea-change. Specific issues for me include:

- Wing play is over-powered, its too easy to get crosses in now and we should be seeing more blocked crosses

- Inside forwards aren't cutting in enough

- Biggest issue, but its not unusual in a Beta, is poor finishing (feet, not headers) from central areas - seems to be a real lack of composure from top strikers (inc. Cavani, CR7)

Other observations...

- I am seeing central play though have adjusted some tactical things from when I've played earlier versions of FM. One thing sounds really obvious but setting attacking width to the narrower settings has helped

- On central play, I am seeing forwards get behind the defensive line (hopefully more when my faster forwards actually get fit! :D)

- Still on central play, I am seeing midfielders break the line with forward runs and getting onto good quality chances

- Again to repeat and re-inforce, quality of finishing is a big issue

All that said, it feels to me like tweaking %'s rather than anything structural that will have big knock-on issues

Lots of the movement and defending seems intelligent, ME is very smooth - in some ways visually its a long way ahead of FM21.

Just to follow up on my own post re. finishing.

I haven't made radical tactical changes but I am now seeing some improvements in finishing (played a few matches today) - not aware there's been a patch / update. Also central play improving.

Am wondering if just coincidence, or tactical / team cohesion issues? Or fitness issues?

Not there yet, still seeing some odd things, one is player getting ball at feet and running into the goalkeeper (i'll try and load some PKMs for the SI team for this). Also other things as per initial post (above) stand re. wing play, inside forwards - though I'm seeing more crosses blocked by my opponents than previously (could be as I'm playing narrower).

But, thought it worth mentioning these observations.

21 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Just to follow up on my own post re. finishing.

I haven't made radical tactical changes but I am now seeing some improvements in finishing (played a few matches today) - not aware there's been a patch / update. Also central play improving.

Am wondering if just coincidence, or tactical / team cohesion issues? Or fitness issues?

Not there yet, still seeing some odd things, one is player getting ball at feet and running into the goalkeeper (i'll try and load some PKMs for the SI team for this). Also other things as per initial post (above) stand re. wing play, inside forwards - though I'm seeing more crosses blocked by my opponents than previously (could be as I'm playing narrower).

But, thought it worth mentioning these observations.

There's been no changes made to the ME in this beta so far fwiw.

1 hour ago, VinceLombardi said:

I play with the crowd turned off. Improves graphical performance allowing my less than top line PC run better graphics than it would otherwise. Plus I just find them distracting.

But you will still have those awful looking stadiums surounding the pitch, albeit empty

1 hour ago, VinceLombardi said:

Same here. I'm watching the pitch. I started leaving crowd off on laptop and macbook for heat reasons, but I turn it off on the desktop now because it's just superfluous. As is the pre match and post match stuff. I can see where it creates immersion for those who believe it does, and if that's what makes 'em tingle that's fine, i'm just genuinely not fussed by it all.

3 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Playing now for the first time in a few days (and since the small patch the other day) and since I last played I have noticed that I can no longer scroll through the players in the "player search" screen using the up and down keys on the keyboard. It scrolls to about the 12th name on the list and I then have to scroll using the slider/scroll bar thing which although only a very tiny issue, it's a bit annoying as I just use my trackpad and sometimes it now shoots me miles down the list and is a bit of a fiddle. Has anyone else encountered/resolved this issue? 

Resetting the shortcut keys in settings works for me. I used to get this once a week with the back button or space bar, in FM21, the game would randomly forget the assigned shortcut.

Anyone have no problem the pressing system? or everyone satisfied is it? I think pressing is definitely need rework again.  strikers do not put pressing from the beginning, there are often no scenes of winning the ball against the opposing defender.:mad::mad::mad::(:(
Edited by XaW
text size too big

7 hours ago, Metal said:

Can't SI sort out the pitch textures they are horrible, every pitch looks exactly the same bright green. Last year it was up to the mods to upgrade the pitch textures, don't know how there aren't more complaints as they really ruin the graphical experience for me

There is a mod out now 

11 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

Well, should it really be a feature request and not a given? This is the reason I play in 2D still, at least in 2D I can imagine them doing those things.

That takes me back to the old days when the match was  played out as text and you imagined what was happening :)

I suppose the way to look at it is imagine every iteration is like an RPG where you get a set number of development points to spend on enhancing FM. There is a limit on what you can do for every iteration. Some of these points this year have I believe been spent on additional mo cap. FM is really an evolution of the previous year. It would be great to have all this up front but generally it doesnt work like this. SI do read posts but dont always reply. As you have a lot of good ideas why not list a number of features around this you think would benefit the visuals of the match, maybe prioritise into groups. This is why they have feature request threads

10 hours ago, TheArsenal63 said:

One final point in central play, there is actually no problem with teams setting up to deny you space in the center. That happens in real life as well and teams are forced wide sometimes.

However, it is a problem to be solved rather than a harcoded balancing act. I want the players to ATTEMPT to play through the middle, maybe they get pressed and have to play with back to goal, maybe I don't have the players or vision to do this and we fail. They lose the ball and I get beat. Then it is a signal to me as a manager to then work harder at pulling teams apart (if the ME allows that) to CREATE that space in the center. That would be deeply rewarding to notice a problem, solve it with tactical changes and then buy a player who genuinely makes a big difference in what you want to do.

The problem is that the ME is making the decision for me, I never get to solve the problem because the ME has decided that a crowded center is a no go and just decides to exploit wide spaces instead.

I don't even want a Nottingham Forest side to play fantastic football like Ajax, it should have alot of errors and make the manager realise he doesn't have the players for it and he needs to be practical to get promotion. Then when he has money and he buys players with the correct attributes, it should be obvious in the ME that they made a huge improvement.

That's the gold standard for FM but it's not obvious enough at the moment. I don't know if anyone can confirm, but it doesn't feel like creativity is tied enough to the players. Players like Ozil (in his prime) should pulling out some amazing passes compared to a much worse player. I haven't seen this enough, the separation between elite creative players and mediocre.

This is actually a good point. Usually, certainly at higher level and in modern times, denial of the centre 'forces' possession and circulation (to open spaces). From circulation come unbalances that lead to wing play.  If a team that is denied the centre just starts railroading plays in the wings, then the other team will quickly adjust to deny them the wings, leading you back to stage zero. Inevitably, there will be wastage of time in all of this, leading to showering balls as a last resort for the less able teams. My perception of the ME is that this dynamic interplay of styles just does not happen, it's an either / or situation, rather than a multitude of intersecting possibilities.

Your second point re 'Nott Forest' needing to have loads of errors, making it obvious certain types of football do not work is also a good and valid point. In fact, you see this week in and out, when poor managers try to copy what they see big teams do and fail repeatedly due to the inability of their team to be able to play those highly-technical and advanced styles of football.

Decided to try to finish my Bayern test save to see if there are any more issues. There's still a dead rubber league game and 2 cup finals to play, but I think I have a good enough impression of it now.

Lewandowski has scored 43 goals and took 11 penalties, though I'm not sure if that's more than usual in the league. I do feel he mostly scores from headers and set pieces, which has the same old near post exploit we know and love as before. I actually put him on the far post to avoid too much cheese goals, but he still gets a fair few from set pieces.

The guy who benefitted is my CB on the near post, Sule, who has 10 goals from corners. He's scored more in 1 season than he has his entire life.

890779597_suleop.thumb.PNG.8d4f164802c538b948660c4ef00fd394.PNG

Think the data hub needs to have analysis for goals scored with feet or head, and whether its from open play or set pieces, then narrow it down to free kicks or throw ins and corners so we can pinpoint where it's coming from. 

And Kimmich, my DLP on defend gets a boatload of assists from set pieces.

563370970_setpieceop.PNG.f0bebd430ef19f29a7705fd854b19652.PNG

Also not sure if I should report another bug, but Man Utd won the league at the first try again with 2 games to spare. :lol: 

375127595_manutdOP.PNG.0f647fcce9f0e6a05c5b0ca6ab42b92d.PNG

Overall the game does feel more like a football game, and you don't see events that seem to force a goal. In FM 21, if I see an opponents winger intercept a ball when the ball is switched sides I know a goal is coming. Other quick thoughts:

• I don't remember conceding goals after my own throw ins high up the field, so hopefully that's gone.
  • Crossing is OP which is the opposite of FM 21 where 90% of the time it leads to corners.
  • Players are also really clumsy at shooting with their feet inside the box. 

I'd say there are a lot of new good things which still require a lot of balancing. It does feel a bit better than FM21, but not that much better. Heck, the FM 21 beta felt great but this one just felt meh overall. But then, I might have high expectations after how FM21 improved compared to FM20.

I might just skip every other edition after this cause I do feel the money I paid wasn't worth it, but I'll hold that thought until the full version. 

10 hours ago, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

Same here. I'm watching the pitch. I started leaving crowd off on laptop and macbook for heat reasons, but I turn it off on the desktop now because it's just superfluous. As is the pre match and post match stuff. I can see where it creates immersion for those who believe it does, and if that's what makes 'em tingle that's fine, i'm just genuinely not fussed by it all.

I find they (stands and crowds) actually detract from immersion since we know the stadiums and (9 out of 10 times) they look nothing like the actual stadiums do.

1 hour ago, jmlima said:

I find they (stands and crowds) actually detract from immersion since we know the stadiums and (9 out of 10 times) they look nothing like the actual stadiums do.

More tunnels than China in most of them.... steps wide enough to fat shaming. :D

It's not a priority for SI, and righty so given than it's just extraneous cosmetics, but I agree it does detract from what I'm there to see.

1 hour ago, jmlima said:

I totally agree, thats why I think it would be a good idea if the stadiums could be removed completely

4 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I totally agree, thats why I think it would be a good idea if the stadiums could be removed completely

Heck, I would love an option where you could disable all of the 3d bits you do not want, most of all those pretty useless 3d menus and that absolutely sh  graphically poor avatar. I also find it a particularly bizarre thing when you have have your match set not to show any highlights or replays in 3d but when you do a tactical change or sub, the game starts playing the 3d in the background. It's just a poor optimization of resources.

17 hours ago, Valleyg said:

On fm22 beta.

After a bad start to the season, I changed to a pretty standard 4231 formation and its going better now, won 4 in a row....but....I haven't used inverted wingers for a while and they seem to stay wide and dribble wide without any extra player instructions added....I wanted supporting full backs to go down the wings with inverted wingers dribbling/moving inside. The wingers are left foot on the right, right foot on the left and are suited to be inverted wingers. I'm seeing on extended highlights that they often stay wide and dribble wide, hardly ever cutting in. Is this something others are seeing? I will have to watch a few more games maybe on full match, but I'm not sure how to remedy this. I don't think it's it's bug, just an observation and wondered if others have seen the same.

Using inside forwards rather than inverted wingers and seeing it a fair bit. Not all the time, but more than they should, and crucially, at times where they are best suited to cut inside. Would definitely be worth flagging imo. There's also a knock on effect in that because they stay wide, they prevent the overlap as well, this affecting the ability to create overloads

After several days and being almost half way through my season, I wanted to give some Feedback on FM22.

Data Hub:

This is just amazing. The amount and type of information for your team and players really allows you to analyze your tactics. I build a tactic from scratch and then with the help of the Data Hub and my own observations in game I managed to really get things going. You can see at a glance where you are lacking, where the passes go, which players are doing well, etc.

Match Animations:

This is also really an improvement. The way the players move now and turn and dribble, and do some tricks with the balls.

Staff Meetings:

Honestly, at first I thought, well this is just taking all the "often" silly advice and putting it in a meeting. I have enough meetings each day for work and now I have to do it in the game? Well, it turns out, that I find them very useful. Information gets repetitive, yes. I more often than not, do not accept the advise. But, it is great to see it all in one meeting, one after another, and if you want to do something about it you can do it right from there, like start a training or praise a player or hire a new staff. It really puts the information right there in front of you to make a quick decision instead of getting them scattered throughout the inbox.

Tactics Screen - The Dots:

I am somehow not liking this. I liked the previous color scheme better as you could glance on it and see where possible weaknesses are. However, many tactics have these weaknesses inherently based on how you set up and who you put on attack duties. This screen was never that helpful for me and now it is just too cluttered. The idea is great, in practice too complicated to even look at it.

Scout Reports:

Changing the ratings from numbers to grades was a good move. It gives you a quick more realistic overview and the information provided is starting to be much more realistic with the information on the player. Also the range in player value makes sense.

Deadline Day:

I have not experienced it yet. I did have a transfer deadline but there was no invitation. Maybe a bug, or because I had no transfer budget? Can't give a comment on this.

All in all a very good and fun upgrade to FM21 which was for me already the most I had played the game in years.

3 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Nice! I just wonder, how weak is his left foot?:D

He's never touched the ball with his left foot in his career so no one knows! :D

3 hours ago, jmlima said:

This is actually a good point. Usually, certainly at higher level and in modern times, denial of the centre 'forces' possession and circulation (to open spaces). From circulation come unbalances that lead to wing play.  If a team that is denied the centre just starts railroading plays in the wings, then the other team will quickly adjust to deny them the wings, leading you back to stage zero. Inevitably, there will be wastage of time in all of this, leading to showering balls as a last resort for the less able teams. My perception of the ME is that this dynamic interplay of styles just does not happen, it's an either / or situation, rather than a multitude of intersecting possibilities.

Your second point re 'Nott Forest' needing to have loads of errors, making it obvious certain types of football do not work is also a good and valid point. In fact, you see this week in and out, when poor managers try to copy what they see big teams do and fail repeatedly due to the inability of their team to be able to play those highly-technical and advanced styles of football.

Yep, even in FM21 which was a much improved ME, I created a tactic that exploited the center and my players made a lot of great passes that they really should not be able to spot. Even prem midfielders would have a hard time doing that.

Some of them had vision stat of 11 or 12. The next step for FM  is to make players matter more now. Recruitment in football is massive because having the wrong players can be disastrous. Maybe it wouldn't make for a good game and I can understand that. But for me players need to matter a lot more than they do currently.

I'm trying to work out the new scouting cards. 

I'm totally on board with changing it to (Letter+ or -) style. I actually like it a lot. 

My issue is with the influence of the analytical report on player's letter grade.

I'm noticing that once a player's data is analyzed every single bit of statistical data goes under their report card and the letter grade is affected. I see a CAM's letter grade go down between scout's and analysist's reports and some of the data points in there are interceptions and tackles and other defensive stats. This doesn't seem to work as intentioned. I get it if a CAM's xG or xA affects his letter grade, but tackles and interceptions?

Also, is there a way to assign an analyst to a specific league or a competition? Just curious why that's not a thing. 

It seems that for every player I scout there's also an automatic player analysis report. Is there any way to disable that? It seems to be really slowing down generation of scouting reports. I prefer to only request an analyst report after seeing whether a player warrants one, based on scouting report. So does anyone know how to decouple scouting and analyst report assignments? 

I also wish there was a way to select with analytical chart you see in your own player's report. I don't really care about a BWM's xG. I want to see his defensive stats first and foremost. Currently a report displays generic midfield stats. I believe in 2021 version the data displayed changed based on position you clicked under player's report.

4 hours ago, jmlima said:

It depends how the game is being watched, is it from highlights, extended high lights or full match? If its from highlights only then all you will see is the good / successful moves, attempts and goals. Lower league clubs can still play good football. If you watch the full game then you may see more errors from the lower league clubs with the lower quality of players. 

After a couple of months of playing, I can give my first impressions of this FM22.

I would start with the part that I personally prefer, the tactics and management of the matches.
the settings are always many, sometimes too many because they risk going into contras. But if you can find the right mix between our tactical thinking, and the players in the team, the games become exciting.
I seem to see too much ease for the strikers in anticipating their defender with a head.
I'd like to see some more insightful counter-attacking action, as it was in the beginning with FM

I am concerned about an injury problem. After 2-3 months of play the players accumulate fatigue for the many games. Suddenly they start getting injured in series.

4 minutes ago, Seyen said:

After a couple of months of playing, I can give my first impressions of this FM22.

I would start with the part that I personally prefer, the tactics and management of the matches.
the settings are always many, sometimes too many because they risk going into contras. But if you can find the right mix between our tactical thinking, and the players in the team, the games become exciting.
I seem to see too much ease for the strikers in anticipating their defender with a head.
I'd like to see some more insightful counter-attacking action, as it was in the beginning with FM

I am concerned about an injury problem. After 2-3 months of play the players accumulate fatigue for the many games. Suddenly they start getting injured in series.

Yes, ease of heading for shorter attackers against bigger defenders has been mentioned by quite a few people for this version

In general injuries in FM average lower than real life, on purpose. Its ok to start players at less than 100% fit and this will often be the case as in real life. Also consider your tactics;  if you are playing a press then players may tire. I think some player rotation is sometimes required but I do agree, I felt FM20 had players tiring a little too quick imho also

The graphics are quite poor this season. It looks like someone's smeared Vaseline over the screen.

On top of that, despite having 60fps it actually is stuttering as it goes from scene-to-scene, an odd animation issue that is really noticeable even as the framerate is stable. 

Hopefully those get fixed before the release. 

9 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

And finally, this nonsense -

spacer.png

Despite -

spacer.png

Only 12 games played out of the last 20, only FOUR games in 21 days since his last holiday, only 324 minutes in those 21 days, yet apparently is already jaded and needs another rest, despite -

spacer.png

This was a problem last year and it's just as bad if not worse, player condition is completely over the top, you've broken it, there is one thing making people gegenpress tired in game, it's another thing to basically make elite level athletes seemingly unable to string  games together. 

Yeah they have massively overdone it to a point where it's just unrealistic and annoying.

13 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

I want to second the contract issue, though this was a problem in last year's game as well. People sign 5 year contracts, 1 year, even 6 months later they want a better one, the only real way around it is having a good influential leader who you can ask them to basically shut up. 

I've just had Jordi Alba in my Barca save ask for one 3 months into the season, he's on £235k a week with 3 years left and he's 32, but he somehow thinks he deserves £250k for a 4 years! Bearing in mind Barca's poor financial situation as well.

-----------

Also will second the centre-back/poor team possession issues, just played 18th place Mallorca, lost 5 games in a row, as Tikki Takka Barcelona and they had 52% possession against me, one of their centre-backs attempted 75 passes and complete 100%, the guy has 12 passing, 8 technique, 8 first touch. Their other centre-back attempted over 90 passes and completed 98%, again only 12 passing, 10 technique, 10 first touch. 

It's clearly an issue with the AI approach to the game, passing the ball around at the back with no progression, but also doing it under heavy pressure, but completing their passes. Poor team defenders, especially ones without great ball carrying ability will fail far more passes in real life, having to clear or looking for long balls into the channels to ease pressure, not calmly passing it 5 yards between them over and over whilst my team just watches. 

--------

And finally, this nonsense -

spacer.png

Despite -

spacer.png

Only 12 games played out of the last 20, only FOUR games in 21 days since his last holiday, only 324 minutes in those 21 days, yet apparently is already jaded and needs another rest, despite -

spacer.png

This was a problem last year and it's just as bad if not worse, player condition is completely over the top, you've broken it, there is one thing making people gegenpress tired in game, it's another thing to basically make elite level athletes seemingly unable to string  games together. 

What's the intensity of your tactic? Mezzala does also require work rate as they work harder than others. He pretty much played majority of all your last 4 games.

Yesterday I had a full 8 hours to play the game properly. Originally I had 1 hour after release but was busy setting up day 1 which takes me hours.

My verdict? I am actually going to skip this version so have asked for refund. I did the same with FM18 tbh so it's not like I'm not going to try FM23 however, for me, there isn't enough newness for me to purchase a new edition and am very happy continuing with FM21 for another year.

When I say newness, I'm sure there are players who are going to love the stats side of the game so the data hub is going to be massively beneficial for them and will be their new play toy this year. However, for me stats, are a bit "meh". I never really look at them too often and usually watch what's going on in game. It's the same IRL too. Whenever it's MNF on TV and Carra/Neville go through stats to back up theories and arguments, I usually switch my mind off as I don't really care what makes Man Utd so crap, I can see that just by watching the games :D 

Like I mentioned previously in the thread, I love the new animations however that alone (well plus the updated DB) is not a big enough reason for me to buy the game but kudos on the hard work that went into them.

My biggest disappointment is probably the facegen. I feel that with FM21 there was a real step forward after quite a bad period of weird looking newgens but now it's gone backwards again. As someone who plays long long saves, this will bug me massively in the "future".

Thanks to the SI team for putting the effort into the game and I will definitely check out FM23 next year! :) 

Can those struggling with high intensity playstyles upload it to the tracker and also with their training programmes for context? Using Rashidi's one for mine and while I see more jadedness than in FM21, it doesn't feel overblown, and certainly able to get most players playing good streaks of games, but would be good for SI to be able to investigate anything

1 hour ago, azymin said:

I'm trying to work out the new scouting cards. 

I'm totally on board with changing it to (Letter+ or -) style. I actually like it a lot. 

My issue is with the influence of the analytical report on player's letter grade.

I'm noticing that once a player's data is analyzed every single bit of statistical data goes under their report card and the letter grade is affected. I see a CAM's letter grade go down between scout's and analysist's reports and some of the data points in there are interceptions and tackles and other defensive stats. This doesn't seem to work as intentioned. I get it if a CAM's xG or xA affects his letter grade, but tackles and interceptions?

Also, is there a way to assign an analyst to a specific league or a competition? Just curious why that's not a thing. 

It seems that for every player I scout there's also an automatic player analysis report. Is there any way to disable that? It seems to be really slowing down generation of scouting reports. I prefer to only request an analyst report after seeing whether a player warrants one, based on scouting report. So does anyone know how to decouple scouting and analyst report assignments? 

I also wish there was a way to select with analytical chart you see in your own player's report. I don't really care about a BWM's xG. I want to see his defensive stats first and foremost. Currently a report displays generic midfield stats. I believe in 2021 version the data displayed changed based on position you clicked under player's report.

The graph that doesnt update when you change the selected position is a bug that they said should be fixed at full release