*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm mid Dec 21, had most new interactions except Deadline Day.

Firstly am running all leagues+divisions on full detail, normally I have it all view only apart from UK, but wanted to see if my rig would handle it ok, and have to say it out performs my expections with the full load, though some matchdays are little longer than I would like, I know that if I go to view-only again that will speed it up, am sure it's running more efficiently than previous FMs:thup:.

I'm loving the menus and general UI it seems to have satisfied my data cravings as the monthly meeting reports are all layed out, I can't emphasise how much I'm enjoying digesting the data, because for me the presentation makes it easy to assess, in matches too it has all I need, half time reports/data are delicious I could have them all day, because they are so useful, also I really like the scouting system and reports. Summary no need for a new skin for me:applause:.

I'm not enjoying the contract issue at all, really hoping this is sorted before full release, it is taking so much enjoyment away:seagull:.

ME have not had any extreme issues apart long throws (still when I know ones coming have to watch as waiting for one to go straight out on opposite side of pitch:lol:), have seen nice variety of goals, though probably few too many screamers, and it seems I've had more than my fair share of goals from through balls like @XaW shows on previous page, seen a good few goalmouth scrambles too, resulting in goals and clearences, and my tactics play out as they did in 21. Summary though it definitely needs tweaking, I think I'm ok with it:confused:.

20 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Really hope SI dont lower player tiredness (assuming it was intended) and instead help to educate people on how best to manage training and tactic intensity in order to reduce tiredness (without just telling people the answer so that players are never tired). Education should always be the first option and it's something I feel they don't do enough tbh.

Also separately my understanding is that injuries are now at a realistic level which is great news if so. But happy to be shown I'm wrong

I agree. Seem like people are doing the same things they have done in older versions and expect the same results ignoring that some things have changed. Injuries are still at 80% which was posted over in the bug forums. However injuries are more noticeable because of the new tiredness. So its a knock on effect.

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

I agree. Seem like people are doing this they have done in older versions and expect the same results ignoring that some things have changed. Injuries are still at 80% which was posted over in the bug forums. However injuries are more noticeable because of the new tiredness. So its a knock on effect.

Yep defo.

And ah I see, could you send me a link to where SI confirm that please

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I agree. Seem like people are doing the same things they have done in older versions and expect the same results ignoring that some things have changed. Injuries are still at 80% which was posted over in the bug forums. However injuries are more noticeable because of the new tiredness. So its a knock on effect.

Yeh things have changed for the worst and are clearly not realistic as I clearly showed.

It's broken beyond belief and it didn't work that well before, this 'jaded' nonsense happened last year, despite rotation and rest, now its even more common with no logical reason for it.

Elite professional footballers factually do not get this tired and are able to play more games back to back than they can in game, people are just ignoring the facts at this point.

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Yeh things have changed for the worst and are clearly not realistic as I clearly showed.

It's broken beyond belief and it didn't work that well before, this 'jaded' nonsense happened last year, despite rotation and rest, now its even more common with no logical reason for it.

Elite professional footballers factually do not get this tired and are able to play more games back to back than they can in game, people are just ignoring the facts at this point.

Jaded doesn't necessarily means tired. Jaded doesn't mean exhausted. The definition of jaded is having too much of something and getting bored of it. Are you rotating players? You can also get rid of jadedness by giving players a break from training. Or you can just play them particularly if they aren't high risk injury.

The change just makes you "Manage" pun intended you squad more. Not sure how that is unrealistic.

13 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Jaded doesn't necessarily means tired. Jaded doesn't mean exhausted. The definition of jaded is having too much of something and getting bored of it. Are you rotating players?

Full Definition of jaded

1: fatigued by overwork : EXHAUSTEDa jaded horse

In the game context it is a physical tiredness issue, hence why it is dealt with by the physios. Look at the news message, XXX physio raises player fitness concerns, YYY is jaded and needs a rest. That is physical tiredness. 

AND yes as I show the players are being rotated and have already had a rest.  Look at the evidence, the player played 14 out of 20 possible games, being subbed on or off in some of the those games, the player played only ~350 minutes across 21 days, AFTER having a full week's holiday, so he has somehow, despite only playing 3 games, got tired again, after barely playing that much nor being asked to do that much in those games, average distance covered per game of about 5 miles, so about 8km, way below top level distance covered IRL which is more like 10km + per game, if not 11km plus. 

Also look at the pop up the game is giving me, it is still saying his match workload is 'heavy' despite playing just 167 minutes, less than two games in TWO WEEKS.

None of that makes any sense, two games in two weeks is not a heavy match load, 3 games worth of minutes in 3 weeks after having a full weeks rest, the SECOND full weeks rest the player has had in just 3 months of the season makes no sense.

Logically the system is not working realistically. 

Edited by tajj7

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

In the game context it is a physical tiredness issue, hence why it is dealt with by the physios. Look at the news message, XXX physio raises player fitness concerns, YYY is jaded and needs a rest. That is physical tiredness. 

AND yes as I show the players are being rotated and have already had a rest.  Look at the evidence, the player played 14 out of 20 possible games, being subbed on or off in some of the those games, the player played only ~350 minutes across 21 days, AFTER having a full week's holiday, so he has somehow, despite only playing 3 games, got tired again, after barely playing that much nor being asked to do that much in those games, average distance covered per game of about 5 miles, so about 8km, way below top level distance covered IRL which is more like 10km + per game, if not 11km plus. 

Also look at the pop up the game is giving me, it is still saying his match workload is 'heavy' despite playing just 167 minutes, less than two games in TWO WEEKS.

None of that makes any sense, two games in two weeks is not a heavy match load, 3 games worth of minutes in 3 weeks after having a full weeks rest, the SECOND full weeks rest the player has had in just 3 months of the season makes no sense.

Logically the system is not working realistically. 

What is his training? 

There are different levels of match load with heavy only being yellow and not red. We can't argue semantics and feelings.

If you think its a problem, upload files and report it as a bug.

1 minute ago, tajj7 said:

Elite level centre-backs can't hit those values, so far this season the the highest PL pass completion rate is 94.9% by Laporte, who is basically one of the top 5 ball playing centre-backs in Europe I would reckon and playing in one of the best team's in Europe.

Only 20 PL players have better than 90% so far this season.

I've just played Betis, and their two centre-backs attempted 198 passes, and completed.....

198 passes. 100% pass completion. One of those players has 8 first touch, 12 technique and 11 passing. 

two players having nearly 100 pass attempts and completing ALL of them. 

spacer.png

This is a screengrab from the bugs form which typifies it. (credit to @TheArsenal63)

Pass completion from the Championship over a full season....

image.png.1092482c2a31076da66c7bfdf1cb9c0f.png

Just now, dannyfc said:

This is a screengrab from the bugs form which typifies it. (credit to @TheArsenal63)

Pass completion from the Championship over a full season....

image.png.1092482c2a31076da66c7bfdf1cb9c0f.png

Yeh just looked at mine for La Liga, the top 20 all have 98% or above, with 5 players having 99% pass completion rates.  They are all pretty much centre-backs. 

1 hour ago, Justified said:

Yesterday I had a full 8 hours to play the game properly. Originally I had 1 hour after release but was busy setting up day 1 which takes me hours.

My verdict? I am actually going to skip this version so have asked for refund. I did the same with FM18 tbh so it's not like I'm not going to try FM23 however, for me, there isn't enough newness for me to purchase a new edition and am very happy continuing with FM21 for another year.

When I say newness, I'm sure there are players who are going to love the stats side of the game so the data hub is going to be massively beneficial for them and will be their new play toy this year. However, for me stats, are a bit "meh". I never really look at them too often and usually watch what's going on in game. It's the same IRL too. Whenever it's MNF on TV and Carra/Neville go through stats to back up theories and arguments, I usually switch my mind off as I don't really care what makes Man Utd so crap, I can see that just by watching the games :D 

Like I mentioned previously in the thread, I love the new animations however that alone (well plus the updated DB) is not a big enough reason for me to buy the game but kudos on the hard work that went into them.

My biggest disappointment is probably the facegen. I feel that with FM21 there was a real step forward after quite a bad period of weird looking newgens but now it's gone backwards again. As someone who plays long long saves, this will bug me massively in the "future".

Thanks to the SI team for putting the effort into the game and I will definitely check out FM23 next year! :) 

This is not the final version of the game. It would be sensible to see what get resolved.

Im also disappointed in the loss of getting your own face as Manager and using some noddy face creator and yes, new gens have never looked right. However this is not the meat of the game or the reason why you mainly play it, its ME and manager related activities isnt it?

25 minutes ago, tajj7 said:
Spoiler

Elite level centre-backs can't hit those values, so far this season the the highest PL pass completion rate is 94.9% by Laporte, who is basically one of the top 5 ball playing centre-backs in Europe I would reckon and playing in one of the best team's in Europe.

Only 20 PL players have better than 90% so far this season.

I've just played Betis, and their two centre-backs attempted 198 passes, and completed.....

198 passes. 100% pass completion. One of those players has 8 first touch, 12 technique and 11 passing. 

two players having nearly 100 pass attempts and completing ALL of them. 

spacer.png

Don't forget to add Bartra :lol: Subbed in at 82' and also had 100% pass completion

Just a reminder to everyone - if you encounter issues - please report them in the relevant area of the bugs forum so the devs can review it. This is what early access is about and what helps us all. Spotting and reporting issues we find so that improvements can be made.

1 minute ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Can anyone give us a quick run down of the Beta? Is it ready to be played? How different will the beta be from the full game?

It depends on what you are looking for. If you go to the bug tracker https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/match-engine-ai-and-tactics/ then I would wait until full release to see if some of the more fundamental issues have been resolved.

There are currently issues with too many goals from corners, crosses being abit overpowered , long shots as well. They are also looking into issues with center play although than can depend on what you enjoy and if that bothers you.

Wait until the full release I would say then check out their demo.

11 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

This is not the final version of the game. It would be sensible to see what get resolved.

Im also disappointed in the loss of getting your own face as Manager and using some noddy face creator and yes, new gens have never looked right. However this is not the meat of the game or the reason why you mainly play it, its ME and manager related activities isnt it?

Like I said, I skipped FM18 for pretty much the same reason. Not enough newness for me personally and I feel exactly the same now. Not saying there isn't any newness in the game it's just the added features don't really add anything for me in particular. I'm perfectly happy to still play FM21 for another year. Datahub doesn't add anything for me. WCB's don't add anything for me as I never play 3 at the back. There are a few tweaks here and there which were not game breaking in FM21 tbh.

I know newgens aren't the meat of the game but it's still a con for me that the newgen appearence is worse then last year. I don't quite get how that happens. When you have a game world full of them it does help when they look a bit more visually appealing rather then all of them looking like Jim's dad in 'American Pie'.

I will miss out on the new animations but I wasn't displeased with the FM21 engine tbh.

8 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

It depends on what you are looking for. If you go to the bug tracker https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/match-engine-ai-and-tactics/ then I would wait until full release to see if some of the more fundamental issues have been resolved.

There are currently issues with too many goals from corners, crosses being abit overpowered , long shots as well. They are also looking into issues with center play although than can depend on what you enjoy and if that bothers you.

Full release will be in just 11 days. I wouldn't wait with hope that issues get resolved I would log them asap with saves and pkms etc else add the same to existing bug posts in the bugs forum. This is where the Devs will look rather than here

This one of the main reasons for the early beta release and it helps everyone who plays FM get a better experience including ourselves :)

6 minutes ago, Justified said:

Like I said, I skipped FM18 for pretty much the same reason. Not enough newness for me personally and I feel exactly the same now. Not saying there isn't any newness in the game it's just the added features don't really add anything for me in particular. I'm perfectly happy to still play FM21 for another year. Datahub doesn't add anything for me. WCB's don't add anything for me as I never play 3 at the back. There are a few tweaks here and there which were not game breaking in FM21 tbh.

I know newgens aren't the meat of the game but it's still a con for me that the newgen appearence is worse then last year. I don't quite get how that happens. When you have a game world full of them it does help when they look a bit more visually appealing rather then all of them looking like Jim's dad in 'American Pie'.

I will miss out on the new animations but I wasn't displeased with the FM21 engine tbh.

Yeah I do get that on the newness front, Ive been playing since the first Championship manager was released :)

Jim's dad's face made me laugh :D. One FM in the past had a lot of the newgens with bald heads...maybe it was a fashion thing ;) 

2 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Full release will be in just 11 days. I wouldn't wait with hope that issues get resolved I would log them asap with saves and pkms etc else add the same to existing bug posts in the bugs forum. This is where the Devs will look rather than here

This one of the main reasons for the early beta release and it helps everyone who plays FM get a better experience including ourselves :)

True enough but he was asking about whether it's worth getting the game atm. So it depends on if he is looking for something abit more polished than to be a participant in a beta with bugs. It depends on the person.

I think SI will definitely fix some of the big issues, I don't expect complex issues like central play to be fixed in time for release but I expect things like the type of goals being scored (corners, long shots, heading) as well as the pass completion issue with CB will definitely get priority.

We will see the path notes when it releases.

3 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Yeah I do get that on the newness front, Ive been playing since the first Championship manager was released :)

Jim's dad's face made me laugh :D. One FM in the past had a lot of the newgens with bald heads...maybe it was a fashion thing ;) 

You and me both my friend. Well CM2 I think was my first one actually. I don't think skipping a version is bad thing and I'm definitely never going to say a bad word about anything SI do as they've, from a gaming perspective, given me loads of joy in my spare time. The work they've put into this version obviously shows. Unfortunately not any new features grab me. Like anything in this walk we call life, sometimes new isn't always better and sometimes old isn't worse :) 

Jim's dad was actually the best description I could give :D I mean it still bugs me when 15 y/o newgens look like they're in their late thirties but I can deal with that, it's fine. Yes the baldness bug was hilarious. FM is quite good a predicting things and I was worried there for a while that there was going to be an alopecia pandemic world wide that they knew about which we didn't. Thank god it got patched :D 

7 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

True enough but he was asking about whether it's worth getting the game atm. So it depends on if he is looking for something abit more polished than to be a participant in a beta with bugs. It depends on the person.

I think SI will definitely fix some of the big issues, I don't expect complex issues like central play to be fixed in time for release but I expect things like the type of goals being scored (corners, long shots, heading) as well as the pass completion issue with CB will definitely get priority.

We will see the path notes when it releases.

I agree its always down to personal expectation and personal views, I was simply suggesting that some elements may get reviewed and resolved before launch, not sure about Jim's dad's face though :)

The key bit is to get bugs logged or exampled by adding more evidence to existing bug reports as things may get missed in this feedback thread

43 minutes ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Can anyone give us a quick run down of the Beta? Is it ready to be played? How different will the beta be from the full game?

Dont bother , ME for me not enjoyable and i got back to FM 21

But there is a lot of potential, im sure in the full release and in the December patch the ME will be a lot better 

It's a bit disappointing there was no ME update after a full week of beta. Haven't had much time to play this week and I was looking forward to playing at the weekend but I guess I can wait a little bit longer.

Edited by Iwabik

1 hour ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Data Hub is a nice feature at first. Used it for the first few months of the save and once my team had got going i never looked at it again. WCBs are ok but i dont think i will really use them.  At the moment i think the match engine isnt great (not terrible) and i cant see big changes being made in time for release.  I prefer FM21 at the moment and the FM22 beta hasnt really got me excited for full release.  So far i feel like i have paid for a data update.

Assume its been raised many times since the option was introduced but has there ever been any progress made with the 'Ask Your DOF/Technical Director/Whoever is set to advise to offer contract' button on a contract offer page. Presumably it was there to help when an agent asks for a new contract then turns up with no idea what they actually want? The suggestion is miles away from what the agent/player wants everytime, something you often wouldn't know until you take their advice and get an offended message back. I get its not an exact science and you'd want this to happen sometimes, but its every single time.

Or  just label it 'Derail contract negotiations'?

32 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

It's a bit disappointing there was no ME update after a full week of beta. Haven't had much time to play this week and I was looking forward to playing at the weekend but I guess I can wait a little bit longer.

It's not often too see ME update during BETA. That's why SI have BETA; to comment and give feedback - plus take some time to implement / tweak ME. :)

16 minutes ago, Oliver Roland said:

Hello, anyone annoyed by this? I know it's just detail but when I sign or sell player in early June I don't understand why it's not shown in new season in transfer summary? Miles said it is Okay though...

I understand what you mean. Transfers from the same window coming under separate seasons was one of those little bugs which annoyed me on FM21, and something I hoped would be fixed on FM22. It's those little things (and a few bigger ones) that are putting me off buying the new game right now.

But here's the thing... when you're submitting a bug report, it's probably best that you submit your own examples, rather than posting a screenshot from someone else's YouTube save. SI can't do anything with a screenshot. If they have save files that show the bug (or even from just before the bug occurs), they can look into it further.

I've been browsing the bugs forum lately, and I'm seeing quite a lot of bug reports where users are not uploading save files or PKMs when they're needed.

You guys do realise this is a beta, right? Now's your best chance to report as many bugs as possible, and help get as many of them fixed as possible before Tuesday 9th.

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

New gens looked ok before FM17

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I understand what you mean. Transfers from the same window coming under separate seasons was one of those little bugs which annoyed me on FM21, and something I hoped would be fixed on FM22. It's those little things (and a few bigger ones) that are putting me off buying the new game right now.

But here's the thing... when you're submitting a bug report, it's probably best that you submit your own examples, rather than posting a screenshot from someone else's YouTube save. SI can't do anything with a screenshot. If they have save files that show the bug (or even from just before the bug occurs), they can look into it further.

I've been browsing the bugs forum lately, and I'm seeing quite a lot of bug reports where users are not uploading save files or PKMs when they're needed.

You guys do realise this is a beta, right? Now's your best chance to report as many bugs as possible, and help get as many of them fixed as possible before Tuesday 9th.

First of all, I did not raised that bug, second I do not own fm22 yet. I believe IT was raised last year as well.

I just wanted to know if I'm not the only one who is a little bit annoyed by this. I also got answer from Miles who wrote that technically it is okay so maybe no fixing possible.

1 minute ago, Oliver Roland said:

First of all, I did not raised that bug, second I do not own fm22 yet. I believe IT was raised last year as well.

I just wanted to know if I'm not the only one who is a little bit annoyed by this. I also got answer from Miles who wrote that technically it is okay so maybe no fixing possible.

Ah, yes, I see now. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I've read Miles' response, and though I don't exactly agree with him (if a new-season transfer window opens on 9 June, I would count all new-season transfers from that point), I can also understand why he might want consistency across the leagues.

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Ah, yes, I see now. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I've read Miles' response, and though I don't exactly agree with him (if a new-season transfer window opens on 9 June, I would count all new-season transfers from that point), I can also understand why he might want consistency across the leagues.

Thanks for the answers. I wonder why they changed it anyway. It was totally okay in fm 20 and before.

4 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Can those struggling with high intensity playstyles upload it to the tracker and also with their training programmes for context? Using Rashidi's one for mine and while I see more jadedness than in FM21, it doesn't feel overblown, and certainly able to get most players playing good streaks of games, but would be good for SI to be able to investigate anything

I dont have any issues with high intensity play styles myself, but im one for lots of rotation building two teams and ignoring results till both teams are good enough.

I'm really curious to see how many of the reported bugs can be addressed before launch on Nov 9th. Keep logging those bugs, people, and upload save files!

Personally, I feel there are quite a lot and that FM21 may be in a better state for a few months. But SI have quite a large engineering team so let's see what they can do!

1 hour ago, callamity said:

I dont have any issues with high intensity play styles myself, but im one for lots of rotation building two teams and ignoring results till both teams are good enough.

Yeah I'm not seeing the same issues myself, but I'm also not discounting the possibility of issues. Training is an absolutely huge variable here so adding that to bug reports would be very helpful imo. 

A tip for those like me who have complained about the excessive crossing and lack of central play.

This doesn't fix the issue but it makes highlights a bit more digestible. I hadn't noticed yet but they added an instruction to cross less often, applying it does seem to decrease the amount of crosses that I've been seeing in highlights. The players will still prioritize running/passing to wide areas but, seeing as they aren't supposed to cross, they usually pass it to someone else and a play can "kinda" develop from those wide areas.

As I've said, it's not a cure all and doesn't fix the issue, but it makes matches a tad more enjoyable so if you're like me and are enjoying you're Beta save but struggling to keep up do to those issues, I recommend putting that instruction on your wide offensive midfielders, give it a try.

Edited by DB Wit

On 28/10/2021 at 19:54, Metal said:

Can't SI sort out the pitch textures they are horrible, every pitch looks exactly the same bright green. Last year it was up to the mods to upgrade the pitch textures, don't know how there aren't more complaints as they really ruin the graphical experience for me

+1 to this. I'd really like if they'd remove the concentric circle ones and vertical lines pitch textures as well, or at least add an option to show only horizontal lines.

9 hours ago, tajj7 said:

I have the lowest tempo setting possible, its a possession based tactic, so on the intensity bar its like maybe 60% at best.

Also those are 4 games across 21 days, on the back of a whole weeks holiday off. I don't really see why a player would need two of those whole weeks off before December.

How many real life players have you see or heard about missing multiple weeks of a season not with injury but just training rest? All the top teams in the world, even ones who play pressing systems, their top players play pretty much every game available bar like league cups.

I made this point earlier in the thread but as an example IRL Robertson, who plays full back in a gegenpress system, played pretty much every minute for Liverpool in the PL last year, played in all 10 CL games, played in the FA Cup and played 12 times for Scotland, something like 62 games in the season playing pretty much every minute in one of the most demanding roles in world football.

Yet apparently the equivalent of 3 games in 3 weeks, one the back of a weeks full rest, is too much.

It makes no logical sense. 

EDIT: To further add to this, Pedri has now had his second full week of rest (It's the 28th of November btw, I've only played 20 games in total but he's had to have two holidays already) 

Yet -

spacer.png

Why is his match load 'heavy'? That makes no sense, look at the numbers, 3 matches in 14 days is not heavy match load anyway, but he's also only played 166 minutes, how is 166 minutes of football, less than 2 whole matches in any sense of the word 'heavy'?

He's also clearly not covered much distance either, 5 miles covered on average, that is about 8km per 90, top players in the PL cover over 11km on average. James Ward-Prowse last year in the PL played every single available minute and averaged 11.6km per game distance covered, you just can't recreate that in game IMO, even with that particular player who has 20s for natural fitness and stamina.

Its the Beta version? 

16 hours ago, jmlima said:

I find they (stands and crowds) actually detract from immersion since we know the stadiums and (9 out of 10 times) they look nothing like the actual stadiums do.

I agree they mostly dont, in fact i think they have taken a backwards step from previous years. Would be much better if we had a stadium editor or more attention to detail on it. Personally i wouldnt remove them from my 3D mode regardless

8 hours ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Shows how weird the games is . 26 games in abd not 1 goal from a corner either by my team or the opponents 

25 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

I agree they mostly dont, in fact i think they have taken a backwards step from previous years. Would be much better if we had a stadium editor or more attention to detail on it. Personally i wouldnt remove them from my 3D mode regardless

FM17 had the best turf , crowds and Stadiums.  From memory I think they sourced that part of the game out and it changed in FM18 for the worse