*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sunderland AFC said:

There's far too many headed goals and long range screamers.

based on what? It may be true but you need to compare this to real word facts to determine if its too little or too many

I've got to say, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of updates during beta. The only patch so far has been about some rare instances where some users couldn't run the game, but that's about it, as far as I know. There's over 2500 issues reported in the Bug Tracker, wouldn't it be good to test a few of those fixes before the full launch in 10 days? Especially the match engine ones, since things seem to be a bit all over the place currently. Surely the whole point of beta is for users to play the latest version?

6 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I've got to say, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of updates during beta. The only patch so far has been about some rare instances where some users couldn't run the game, but that's about it, as far as I know. There's over 2500 issues reported in the Bug Tracker, wouldn't it be good to test a few of those fixes before the full launch in 10 days? Especially the match engine ones, since things seem to be a bit all over the place currently. Surely the whole point of beta is for users to play the latest version?

10 days to go yet, patience

7 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

with headers too many small guys beating big guys to head goals

It’s not just small guys though. I have a pretty big CB and he leads the team in goals with 20. All from set pieces. I think heading is just over powered and that could be a side effect of the changes to heading this year.

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It’s not just small guys though. I have a pretty big CB and he leads the team in goals with 20. All from set pieces. I think heading is just over powered and that could be a side effect of the changes to heading this year.

I think there is an issue with corners and offensive headers

1 hour ago, Sunderland AFC said:

There's far too many headed goals and long range screamers.

I agree with this and from an observation using a OP Gegenpress tactic to see how far it shoots me up the pyramid, OP tactics like that (at least the one I am using) tends to give up a lot of goals but majority my scoring have been from long shoots and headers. If fixed, I could see OP Gegenpress tactics not being plug n play at all. Still affective if used right but definitely won’t be winning most of your games atleast not with a team that isn’t good enough relative to your league (We also lost ton of tackles with the pressing and getting sucked in all game)

For context, It’s currently the year 2037 and even though my team (Oxford City) have been high scoring, they have also given up the most goals season by season. It took me 15 years to finally make it to League Two, we finished 1st only twice (Once in the North & once in the South). Been relegated from the National League twice.

DOF was in charge of all signings. So the result may have been better if I was able to get the best players available.

If all issues are fix at release (Crossing, headers, pass %, passive AI in attack, etc) this could be a very good FM.

13 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I agree with this and from an observation using a OP Gegenpress tactic to see how far it shoots me up the pyramid, OP tactics like that (at least the one I am using) tends to give up a lot of goals but majority my scoring have been from long shoots and headers. If fixed, I could see OP Gegenpress tactics not being plug n play at all. Still affective if used right but definitely won’t be winning most of your games atleast not with a team that isn’t good enough relative to your league.

For context, It’s currently the year 2037 and even though my team (Oxford City) have been high scoring, they have also given up the most goals season by season. It took me 15 years to finally make it to League Two, we finished 1st only twice (Once in the North & once in the South). Been relegated from the National League twice.

DOF was in charge of all signings. So the result may have been better if I was able to get the best players available.

If all issues are fix at release (Crossing, headers, pass %, passive AI in attack, etc) this could be a very good FM.

Are you using gegen press with Oxford? If so then doesnt sound like gegen press wasnt plug and play for Oxford 

Edited by Platinum

10 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Are you using gegen press with Oxford? If so then doesnt sound like gegen press wasnt plug and play for Oxford 

It is. We over-performed despite taking more than a decade to reach a football league but half of our goals came from headers and long shots. Something that may be OP at the moment. We didn’t really win the ball as much.

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It is. We over-performed despite taking more than a decade to reach a football league but half of our goals came from headers and long shots. Something that may be OP at the moment. We didn’t really win the ball as much.

Ahh I see. I definitely see loads of goals from headers for my team in the save I have.

18 minutes ago, Platinum said:

For me this will be the best FM so far provided the following happens:

- central play isnt over done in response to some of the issues with central play

- incorrect stats are fixed

- pass completion is lowered a bit

- needing to manage fitness remains in the game and SI dont waver and make it even easier for players to stay fit and avoid injuries

These will make it the most immersive game yet for me. The UI/skin is really good, the game is fast, the animations are great, the removal of the blocked crosses issue and the existence of cut backs are massive. The talking to agents and staff meetings are really good. And the introduction of the data hub is game changing (provided the incorrect stats are fixed).

On the other hand if the incorrect stats remains in the game then that for me is something that should never be allowed to make it to full release and I cant believe it's made into this stage since it's been a problem for 2 years now, and it's even worse since the main headline feature, the Data Hub, will be built on top of wrong stats. Central play not being overdone and pass completion being fixed are important as otherwise those will be two step backs on the previous match engine.

And my final hope: that the injury rate can be increased to 100% in the editor. For me if you are making a football simulation then this has to be an option at the absolute minimum.

I have one gripe about the stamina and pressing changes. The AI is stunningly stupid at managing it. 

So I'm managing in the Latvian higher league and I have 8 games in June. I have 4 games in 8 days.

First two games against relegation fodder. Third against title challenger and fourth 3 days after that against another title challenger.

So I Decide okay if I go very attacking for the first 30 minutes against the relegation fodder blow them away get 3 up then dial it down to balanced and start time wasting I can keep everyone fresh. Especially seeing as we have 5 subs in Latvia which I'm making at halftime If I can.

Which is exactly what I do it works a charm I'm 3 up after 17 minutes against the first side, so I start wasting time and lowering my tempo and mentality to save stamina ditto second game but only 2 up at half time and I end up beating my title rivals 4-1 and 5-1 because they start the game dead literally where as I have a full team fitfor at least 60 minutes and 5 subs who are almost fit to bring on, they are starting in orange and bringing orange on.

12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

When you offer to clubs, you are telling teams that you don't want the player. Since he's expiring they probably think they can get him on a free. Just let them come to you if there is interest. AI typically don't bid on players with high asking price that are offered to them.

January transfer window over, still not a single offer. Next window, Haaland will officially be a year before his contract expiring, and his value will probably be divided by at least 2. Great! Can't wait!

9 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

January transfer window over, still not a single offer. Next window, Haaland will officially be a year before his contract expiring, and his value will probably be divided by at least 2. Great! Can't wait!

You could always report it as a bug if you think its one. But there is a lot of missing context here. Did you set his value? What is his value? Would it make sense for teams to wait until he's a free considering there aren't any bids? Are you able to sell other players? How many leagues are loaded?

Does anyone know how to get player performance request via data hub? As I am trying to find out stats from my players but yet nothing comes up :( Instead of comparing to the other clubs?

Like this?

28a7e905f35bd7cc400c0f688c8da4f9.jpg 

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

For me this will be the best FM so far provided the following happens:

- central play isnt over done in response to some of the issues with central play

- incorrect stats are fixed

- pass completion is lowered a bit

- needing to manage fitness remains in the game and SI dont waver and make it even easier for players to stay fit and avoid injuries

These will make it the most immersive game yet for me. The UI/skin is really good, the game is fast, the animations are great, the removal of the blocked crosses issue and the existence of cut backs are massive. The talking to agents and staff meetings are really good. And the introduction of the data hub is game changing (provided the incorrect stats are fixed).

On the other hand if the incorrect stats remains in the game then that for me is something that should never be allowed to make it to full release and I cant believe it's made into this stage since it's been a problem for 2 years now, and it's even worse since the main headline feature, the Data Hub, will be built on top of wrong stats. Central play not being overdone and pass completion being fixed are important as otherwise those will be two step backs on the previous match engine.

And my final hope: that the injury rate can be increased to 100% in the editor. For me if you are making a football simulation then this has to be an option at the absolute minimum.

What is the stats issue? Please tell me it isn't the same as last year? 

10 saat önce, kiwityke1983 said:

So just me who is loving this version of the game then?

I'm honestly having one of the most enjoyable and immersive saves I've had since FM17 or FM18.

The ME is fine to me, the only really major issue is the amount of passes teams do at the back and the massively over inflated pass percentages that leads to.

We've finally gotten rid of loads of legacy problems. Crosses being next to useless, cutbacks being none existent, teams just being able to charge about for 90 minutes never breaking sweat, your own throw ins being the most dangerous thing imaginable (this has driven me insane for years)!

As for central play I see quite a bit of it and build up looks to me fairly realistic. With the ball being passed around and played in and through the centre if a ball is on, if not it goes wide or sideways or backwards even.

Transfer deadline is honestly one of the best features we've gotten in years. It genuinely has me excited for deadline day.

Yet people are out here saying this is unplayable, then they wonder why game companies increasingly don't engage with their fanbases.

My minds blown its like people have genuinely forgotten how rancid the ME was in FM19 and FM20, it didn't even look remotely like a game of football.

Actually, it's closer to real life teams are passing the ball in their backlines. I can even say that this is a good side of the match engine. In reality teams aren't able to attack faster than that, because defenders are being pressed in that area. I think the issue lies in passing percentage.

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You could always report it as a bug if you think its one. But there is a lot of missing context here. Did you set his value? What is his value? Would it make sense for teams to wait until he's a free considering there aren't any bids? Are you able to sell other players? How many leagues are loaded?

Number of leagues shouldn't matter... Anyway, I have over 10. Selling other players, I don't know about main players since I'm not trying. But it's always not so easy to sell in FM, and this FM is the same. Waiting? No club wait 2 years for an expiring contract. Tried with set value and without. Value between 98 and 106M€, used to be around 136M€. Soon to be around 40M€ I assume.

21 minutes ago, john1 said:

Does anyone know how to get player performance request via data hub? As I am trying to find out stats from my players but yet nothing comes up :( Instead of comparing to the other clubs?

Like this?

You have to play 3 games and then stats will be here. You have missed information because of the custom skin.

Well I've just had the most brutal 2 weeks in game I can remember, and it has deflated all my previous enjoyment, and its nothing to do with tactics, but I think its down to the fact I'm overachieving, 8 out of my first 11 are wanted by clubs my form was good coming into Jan and ok until last 2 weeks of transfer window, I wasn't prepared for the amount of stupid low ball approaches, the relentless approaches after I've named my price of even lower offers than first made, naturally if I'm not getting anything approaching reasonable offers I reject, then if they come back again I negotiate by naming my price what I see a value (my asset my price) to my squad, no sooner do I bat away stupid offers then more stupid offers from different clubs, if the clubs come back with improved offers we could negotiate but repeatedly making the same offer or lower offers isn't negotiating, I'm not demanding ludricous amounts, and none of these players are listed either, I really wanted to enjoy Deadline day but even with the build up to it I was dreading it, as you can imagine I'm lucky I've still got 4 players who are happy, so how do my squad responding after completing the double over Man City before all the stupid bids well we lose 5-1 at home to Wolves and I've lost the dressing room and it has drained me.

Rant over the big point I'm making here it is impossible for me to get out of this situation in any acceptable way, if I accept a (never mind 5/6) low ball bid the board and fans lose faith in me and my team are upset that I sold a valued teammate(s) for next to nothing or as has happenend I lose the dressing room for refusing unreasonable offers. I've played the game long enough and generally enjoy the transfer side of things I play hardball as the AI does but before at least the AI would more often than not find some middle ground, but I've never known anything like this before, it's beyond manageable.

I've decided to restart and basically try to be more prepared for Jan. It means so much more brain work as even though I have no money, I'm going to need a 33 player shortlist from the off and have to do some serious scouting in the first few months to even have a fighting chance, and normally I like my transfers to find me, either through my scouts or me clicking an ingame news item/match report.

Hope this is acceptable as feedback as this is how it's intended only the first paragraph is a rant:D

34 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Number of leagues shouldn't matter... Anyway, I have over 10. Selling other players, I don't know about main players since I'm not trying. But it's always not so easy to sell in FM, and this FM is the same. Waiting? No club wait 2 years for an expiring contract. Tried with set value and without. Value between 98 and 106M€, used to be around 136M€. Soon to be around 40M€ I assume.

Number of leagues that are playable are very important. Otherwise teams aren't active in the transfer market.

42 minutes ago, john1 said:

Like this?

Go to "Ask For" in the top right and once you bring up a graph tick the "Show in Player Analytics" check box

Edited by Platinum

1 minute ago, Platinum said:

Go to "Ask For" in the top right

I just tried that before asking on here. Unless cos of the season finished :lol: Was trying to find data over the season with own players to look at.

The processing after hitting continue is absolutely murdering my CPU. It seems to use 100% on every thread, no matter what I set the "Speed to process other teams' matches" setting to. 

Anyone else experiencing this? It makes it a bit tricky to do other things on the computer (like watching actual footy :D ) while things are processing in the background in the game.  

I recall this being an issue in earlier betas and eventually being resolved, though. 

Edited by Liquid Cool

18 minutes ago, Liquid Cool said:

The processing after hitting continue is absolutely murdering my CPU. It seems to use 100% on every thread, no matter what I set the "Speed to process other teams' matches" setting to. 

Anyone else experiencing this? It makes it a bit tricky to do other things on the computer (like watching actually footy :D ) while things are processing in the background in the game.  

I recall this being an issue in earlier betas and eventually being resolved, though. 

My game is still kind of slow too, whichever tab I press it takes 2-3 seconds to proceed. I got brand new laptop with Ryzen 7 CPU so it should go much faster. I really hope it is just a beta issue and I'm waiting for the full release to confirm that.

11 minutes ago, john1 said:

They are data against other teams, but I am trying to find player stats within my team.

I don't think you can specifically see stats compared to your own players, your best bet would be to go to the player profile - reports - player performance and request analysis from there, but it's still compared to the league, so you'd have to manually check all the players you're interested in.

4 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Clearly not a video game maker, with unrealistic expectations like that. You must think making a game is like opening a soda can. I have seen games come out and get patched for years. Part of the reason FM comes out in November is because it takes time just to finalize the database, and that's not even a coding part of the game. Now you want FM 22 to be perfect before its even been released. :rolleyes: What's realistic is that you can provide your feedback, SI can spot issues that are brought up frequently, they can investigate what is causing the issue using pkms that you have kindly provided (which, depending on the issue, could be the hardest part), then they can decide how the issue should be fixed, and then some coders have the difficult job of dealing with some software that grows increasingly complex, and that would be for just one issue. Then same thing, until thousands of issues eventually get looked at.

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Like this?

What is the skin mate? Looks great!

2 hours ago, HonourG said:

Actually, it's closer to real life teams are passing the ball in their backlines. I can even say that this is a good side of the match engine. In reality teams aren't able to attack faster than that, because defenders are being pressed in that area. I think the issue lies in passing percentage.

Yea I don’t think the passes to the back is the problem. Those are the most accurate passes IRL, the problem is that teams are playing low risk too much and aren’t advancing the ball forward as much as they should and attempting those low percentage passes. The AI is playing Balance and cautious mentalities majority of the time. I can’t imagine what kind of roles they are using to supplement that. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are using cautious with like 5 defend roles…

25 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

Now you want FM 22 to be perfect before its even been released. :rolleyes:

Not really, just let us test the latest match engine, like we could during some of the previous betas. But I think SI quickly realized fixing issues on the go is like playing whack-a-mole and since people always keep finding things that could be better, they probably rather not even show it until it's final and locked in for at least a few months or whenever the first big update hits. Beta is not the latest version of the game even when it gets released, so god knows just how different the full game will actually be. Don't you think at least some of the most obnoxious issues such as huge slowdowns when trying to access certain screens, or broken Scouting Centre buttons could be fixed with a beta patch?

51 minutes ago, Conardo said:

I canceled the transfermeetings - any idea how can i reactivate them?

Transfer meetings or staff meeting? The staff ones can be enabled in Staff -> Responsibilities -> Advice and Reports (at the very bottom). 

I haven't noticed any transfer meetings in FM22, other than the ones that occur around the transfer windows.