*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, L7M said:

The ME is pretty broken unless you like crosses. All the fullbacks and inverted wingers/inside forwards want to do is head down, run wide and cross to the back post everytime they get the ball. Seems impossible to create a short passing tactic.

No they don't.  I play narrow and through the middle.  

11 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Random non feedback related question. Will the full game be released at midnight on the 9th or is going to be some random time during the day? I've booked it off work. 

Dont games get released on Fridays ? Being the 9th is a Tuesday it might be this Friday the 5th or next Friday the 12th . But being my memory is poor I could be wrong

2 hours ago, qwertygod said:

Got to say really underwhelming so far, Just seems to be a crossball simulator, literally every single goal coming from a corner or cross. Can't even motivate myself to play anymore and its only day 2

I think its tactics based . I dont get as many as some do . I dont over do my tactics . Basic short passing and tempo through the middle and very narrow with underlap . But it you have good wingers or attacking lefts or rights then thats there job . Also if your playing extended or key highlights thats what you are seeing 

2 hours ago, prot651 said:

Dont games get released on Fridays ? Being the 9th is a Tuesday it might be this Friday the 5th or next Friday the 12th . But being my memory is poor I could be wrong

The release date is the 9th, so that is when it'll be released. Nothing unusual in the games industry about a Tuesday release.

12 hours ago, MrPompey said:

no-one knows, probably gets released the moment you cooked your grub and sit down to eat it!

Carlsberg don't do FM release days, but if they did, their timing would just like this!

15 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We've done different things in the past - afraid we won't be pre-announcing the exact timings as with things like this, something always has the chance of coming up that can change all of that. 

Sorry we can't be more clear. 

No worries mate thanks for the reply. Hope it's early morning though :)

Edited by bigmattb28

5 hours ago, prot651 said:

No it's definitely the 9th

image.png.9f28a458fda79e315fdbf8aefe62bf3d.png

5 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've had 1 and 0 from mine. People take random events and extrapolate them out to the game is broken all the time in this thread.

Are you setting up your corners? are you using near post? If you aren't setting up your corners then most likely its not putting your best players in position and are taking mixed kicks.

I'm about a season and a half into my save (just gone through the 2022 World Cup - winners Croatia).

I'm mostly enjoying it, but not as much as FM21 so far. There are a couple of things that are bugging me at the moment and that I hope will get resolved before the full game launches next week:

• Attacking play - just not as incisive as FM21 when players have the ball at their feet. Not sure how much of this is due to the way IFs and IWs are failing to cut in as much as they ought to affecting the ability of players to find space or the changes to the pressing behaviour, but players with the ball at their feet in the box seem rather timid. Lots of turning away from medium to good chances and inability to explot gaps.  Some of that may be due the quality of player I have at Union Berlin, but definitely seems different to similar level teams in FM21 saves.

• I'm finding players excessively whingey in my save - always complaining about playing time or contract renewals.  They just seem to never accept their situation for more than a month at a time. It's putting a real downer on the whole save.

Aside from that Data Hub is interesting and offers some useful insight. Animation improvements are very obvious and very welcome. Deadline day revamp is enough to have made me take part a couple of times which I never did in previous versions.

Overall I’m quite content with FM22, better than 20 but not near 21 (yet). The additions of Wide Centre backs is easily the best new feature for me bringing a whole new dynamic to 3/5 atb formations but the ME definitely has some issues that needs ironing out. Yes Josh Tymon is a good player but in no way should he have 16 assists for me in January and in no way should Chris Wood be on his way to a second consecutive premier league golden boot, quite clear there’s an over-reliance on wing play and crosses and there’s severe issues with set pieces (mainly corners). I’ve also noticed issues with possession, it wasn’t too much of an problem personally since I haven’t used a possession based tactic yet but it’s quite weird you can dominate a team in every aspect but possession and pass % so frequently.

Edited by Jaydenoren

39 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I'm about a season and a half into my save (just gone through the 2022 World Cup - winners Croatia).

I'm mostly enjoying it, but not as much as FM21 so far. There are a couple of things that are bugging me at the moment and that I hope will get resolved before the full game launches next week:

• Attacking play - just not as incisive as FM21 when players have the ball at their feet. Not sure how much of this is due to the way IFs and IWs are failing to cut in as much as they ought to affecting the ability of players to find space or the changes to the pressing behaviour, but players with the ball at their feet in the box seem rather timid. Lots of turning away from medium to good chances and inability to explot gaps.  Some of that may be due the quality of player I have at Union Berlin, but definitely seems different to similar level teams in FM21 saves.

• I'm finding players excessively whingey in my save - always complaining about playing time or contract renewals.  They just seem to never accept their situation for more than a month at a time. It's putting a real downer on the whole save.

Aside from that Data Hub is interesting and offers some useful insight. Animation improvements are very obvious and very welcome. Deadline day revamp is enough to have made me take part a couple of times which I never did in previous versions.

The ME needs a lot of work to improve as it's a step back from fm21 barring the new animations. But new animations are pointless if centre midfielders are shirking from challenges(not aggressive enough) where the ball is within proximity to them or shying away from threading through a player that is running into space

I've seen players through on goal with  a chance to score and instead decide to turn and cutback and wait for someone else to come in to try and play a cross in rather than shoot

Having better players doesn't improve the decision making in midfield or attack

Edited by Metal

10 minutes ago, Metal said:

I've seen players through on goal with  a chance to score and instead decide to turn and cutback and wait for someone else to come in to try and play a cross in rather than shoot

Have seen that a couple of times myself - player has sidestepped the keeper with an easy near post slot-in that could be taken, but instead heads away from goal to the byline and cuts the ball back.  Like the decision priorities are skewed.  Mostly the situation doesn't arise because the ball goes wide earlier in the move, but it's infuriating to see when it does happen.

9 hours ago, dresden said:

I have a CB who demands he MUST play.... wide centre back to sign a new contract.

Guess he has forgotten we've been playing 4atb the last two seasons!

Well sell him then, if he's a decent player of course he will become unhappy. Hardly a new thing in FM- especially as no doubt he can also play as a regular CB to some degree.

Central play some have commented negatively about. I've found the opposite on my save,  12 of my last 29 assists in last 13 matches have come from through balls. I am playing without wingers though, and using wingbacks. with lower tempo and shorter passing. 

1 hour ago, dunk105 said:

Well sell him then, if he's a decent player of course he will become unhappy. Hardly a new thing in FM- especially as no doubt he can also play as a regular CB to some degree.

Especially if it was agreed to in his contract. I’m enjoying all of the new changes to the transfer market and player interactions. It makes squad building tougher and not just about building a fantasy draft team. If FM22 can get the ME on the level of FM21, this will be a fun year for sure. Hopefully they will also fix low risk AI.

Has anybody else signed David Brooks from Bournemouth? 

There was no sign that he was unavailable to play for a year due to medical reasons when I signed him, he even played in my first few friendlies. Then it changed to the above and now in November he is unhappy because I am not playing him!

Having dipped in and out of this forum the last week I finally caved and pre-ordered yesterday for beta access. I cannot recall if it has been mentioned on here, but I have seen it reported in bug forum, and I added a comment to that.

When in Player Search or Shortlist and you have scrolled down, clicked on a player to view their stats etc, then click to go back to search results, it defaults back to the top of the search results and not where you had scrolled down to. It's so annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

With players whining about their contracts adnauseum, why not go all in with the managers as well?

With Conte’s move to Spurs, FM should be coded so managers can complain to the chairman that they need more $$$ to spend on players. And when the manager realizes the chairman is a miser, he walks away from the club in a hissy fit rather than getting sacked. 

9 minutes ago, Volband said:

Is it true that the Champions League format doesn't change to the new one when the (24/25 I think? maybe earlier) arrives? 

Yep, it hasn't been decided in real life yet so no changes to the game

7 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Yes, it does not change because the new format has not been confirmed officialy (yet).

Ah, shoot. So how does this work for future updates? If I start a save now but by late december it becomes official and SI releases an update with it, will my save have it integrated some way (even if I am let's say in 2030 by then), or will I have to start a new career in order to have the new CL format in the future?

2 minuti fa, Volband ha scritto:

Ah, shoot. So how does this work for future updates? If I start a save now but by late december it becomes official and SI releases an update with it, will my save have it integrated some way (even if I am let's say in 2030 by then), or will I have to start a new career in order to have the new CL format in the future?

if SI will change the rules with an update, you have to start a new game. (like in every case that an update change rules or database data). 

But I think that there won't be a such important change in a update and we will see it in the next version

Anyone else seeing Fullbacks/wingbacks or IW/IF's get into shooting positions in the box and just turn around and head away from goal to the bye-line or similar ?

Seems to be pretty common across my 2 current saves that these players are afraid to shoot and will almost always turn way from goal and run towards the line or corner flag which looks utterly bizarre.

Players in the midfield creative roles also seem hesitant to play risky passes even on attacking mentalities

28 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Anyone else seeing Fullbacks/wingbacks or IW/IF's get into shooting positions in the box and just turn around and head away from goal to the bye-line or similar ?

Seems to be pretty common across my 2 current saves that these players are afraid to shoot and will almost always turn way from goal and run towards the line or corner flag which looks utterly bizarre.

Players in the midfield creative roles also seem hesitant to play risky passes even on attacking mentalities

Yep, it's been reported :thup:

4 hours ago, styluz05 said:

Central play some have commented negatively about. I've found the opposite on my save,  12 of my last 29 assists in last 13 matches have come from through balls. I am playing without wingers though, and using wingbacks. with lower tempo and shorter passing. 

Be aware that the stats on through balls may be bugged and what the game classes as a through ball is actually a cross

2 hours ago, noz901 said:

Having dipped in and out of this forum the last week I finally caved and pre-ordered yesterday for beta access. I cannot recall if it has been mentioned on here, but I have seen it reported in bug forum, and I added a comment to that.

When in Player Search or Shortlist and you have scrolled down, clicked on a player to view their stats etc, then click to go back to search results, it defaults back to the top of the search results and not where you had scrolled down to. It's so annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

known issue - fingers crossed its fixed for release

1 hour ago, Volband said:

Unlikely. What ever is official now will be in the game, what is not official wont be in FM22 at release. Very unlikely to be in an update. Maybe it becomes official before FM23 is released then it'll be in that release

The processing speed is horrendous, everyday that passes takes so long. I have 4 stars speed and not many leagues loaded. Every button on the page I click lags and takes 4-5 seconds to work. I have a good laptop and FM21 worked and still works amazing. It’s not an enjoyable experience at the moment. Will try it again when the full games out. Match engine is also pretty laggy and not smooth.

Thanks.

I've not seen enough dazzling dribbling runs through the middle with skillful players. You'd think with the new animations for close contact with the ball, the players with high dribbling ability would be showcasing their talent more on the ME.

49 minutes ago, CFCD said:

The processing speed is horrendous, everyday that passes takes so long. I have 4 stars speed and not many leagues loaded. Every button on the page I click lags and takes 4-5 seconds to work. I have a good laptop and FM21 worked and still works amazing. It’s not an enjoyable experience at the moment. Will try it again when the full games out. Match engine is also pretty laggy and not smooth.

Thanks.

Must be your computer. I have 17 leagues plus continents loaded all on full large detail level and I got half a star estimated speed, yet it is still super quick, A day takes 2 seconds to load

59 minutes ago, CFCD said:

Thanks.

My processing is as good as it was last year, Have had to lower the graphics significantly on this version of the game though despite everything being up to date, Gone from high on everything to now only getting a smooth match engine with everything on low