*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some issues I've faced:

• A player asking to play more, so I play him in every game but sometimes substitute him off because he's losing fitness, and he complains I've broken his promise to play him more
  • Match engine seems buggy:
    • Players consistently run down the wing only to run the ball out of play. Happens several times a game.
    • Crosses are completely OP
    • Heading is completely OP
    • Players get into shooting positions in the box, only to NOT shoot and instead pass backwards or run the ball to the byline
    • Forwards don't seem to make any runs in behind

51 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

I've just had an 18 question press conference for the arrival of a loanee. Left back cover for my depleted York City squad.

Does anyone think 18 questions is a bit excessive for a Conference North loan signing? There was only one journalist in attendance.

This has ben reported and reviewed for the full release

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

It's point out some flaws within ME. Doesn't matter if it's key or full match; and yes Rashidi watch matches in full. These flaws is known issue to SI and try to nail it down.

Definitely a difference between full and key highlights

Just now, alian62 said:

What happened inside ME, no matter what highlight you have; will happen.

Of course there is a difference and it's bit clear that current ME has only one direction > forward.

His points is on the spot, SI is aware of the issues and will try their best.

Do you have intention to tell people that those issues doesn't exist? Or you close eyes in front of these issues?

47 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

He's giving feedback on the beta version of the game, which is meant for exactly that.

You seem awfully confident SI are fully aware of all of these issues and will fix them in under a week's time.

Based on what may I ask?

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

I have all the bigger leagues loaded, so it's definitely not a case of not loaded leagues resulting in the clubs doing silly things.

They did, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad in my experience. Looks to me that players are far more willing to play in the Eredivisie, a lot of the names Ajax got I doubt would make the step towards the Eredivisie in past FMs. Of course realistically there's also no way Ajax should be able to pay their overpriced salaries, but in FM their demands are generally far lower and finances are way easier.

Leagues loaded was one thing that I mentioned. Did you have first window disabled?

Hmm, so the game generates a bunch of super HOYDs at the start of the game (and maybe other staff as well, but I've only seen HOYDs). Conveniently enough they're all willing to work as coaches, which means for once I can get some proper coaches I guess! :lol: Heck, their rep is so low a lot of them are willing to work as U19 coaches even!

I mean, look at these stats, what kind of insane staff CA is that?

image.png.6120fdfd06daf6a99c44949658140224.png

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Leagues loaded was one thing that I mentioned. Did you have first window disabled?

In some saves yes, in some saves no. And regardless of first transfer window, the AI making horrid transfers after a decade shouldn't be a matter of "oh you didn't disable first transfer window"...

16 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

In some saves yes, in some saves no. And regardless of first transfer window, the AI making horrid transfers after a decade shouldn't be a matter of "oh you didn't disable first transfer window"...

If you’re seeing horrid transfer after a decade then head to the bug forum and report what you’re seeing. 

45 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Hmm, so the game generates a bunch of super HOYDs at the start of the game (and maybe other staff as well, but I've only seen HOYDs). Conveniently enough they're all willing to work as coaches, which means for once I can get some proper coaches I guess! :lol: Heck, their rep is so low a lot of them are willing to work as U19 coaches even!

For the last couple of versions the Technical Directors and Loan Managers would be generated with basically world beating coaching attributes but they'd only take those jobs so there wasn't much of a problem. This is definitely on the exploitative side, hopefully it can be fixed.

11 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

End of first season (Newcastle 4th place finish) I was offered the Inter job.

I'm 4 seasons in, won 2 CL's 2 PL titles, fa cup and 2 Caraboa cup and not been offered a singled job. Same issue last year on fm21

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

The match is played out before you even watch the highlights, so there is no difference. Of course, watching the game in full, you're more likely to make changes at different times, therefore altering what happens from when changes are made. 

However, if you watched a game with only key highlights without making a single change, it would be the exact same outcome as if you watch the match in full. Because it's the exact same match. 

Press conferences still need a lot of work

In my last one on January 1st the day one of my players joined Toronto after a loan deal i was asked if i was annoyed I'd have to wait till the next window to replace him

The window opened the next day

Then the next press conference they asked me about the lack of playing time for a player on loan with a mandatory purchase 

He isn't coming back so i don't care, He is signing for them it is all agreed

16 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You should watch the video in more detail. He mentions that the IF isn't working as intended, but the IW is doing that. For now, that's worth considering instead.

Agree- switching my IFs to IWs after watching the video improved things no end, yes they go wide still but will cross rather than stop and pull the ball back outside the area.

On 27/10/2021 at 10:20, craiigman said:

This screen.. I know was discussed a lot last year, but not seen too much this year. It's just bad design I'm afraid. The question I am answering is not only hard to see/find, but it's top left of the screen and my answers are all at the bottom. It's a complete mess.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 10.16.25.png

Oh, the Room Interior Manager is still here. I was kind of hoping that they would dump this terrible decision after last year's feedback, but I see that the developer is as stubborn as ever. OK, see you next year. I already wear glasses, my eyes don't need any more strain.

1 час назад, Freakiie сказал:

just wonder what salary he wants 🙂 

Hello I am here to help not be negative.

many bugs you should expand the alpha team or if you expect us to help you fix the game give it too us a lot earlier, I can’t see it being ready for release on nov 9th

Most of the veteran players have accepted the beta is not to be taken seriously and full release is usually buggy but stable, only when the January/February patch arrives we then accept that as the full game. So we have usually 8months of your best version per year :)

many annoying small bugs like staff please with training progress but player has red arrows, playing a lot and still complains, contract issues etc little things like this annoy me there are many, long throws are too powerful players can have long throws 1 they are beyond affective, seeing a goal every game for me or the opposition (almost every game) either crossing/heading or both is mighty powerful. Long term customer and player no hate just facts, love the game will always love it but wanna see more testing I guess, some of the bugs are so obvious it’s a slap in the face or the code went real bad somewhere?

27 minutes ago, hagedisboy said:

Is it just me or is there an extraordinary amount of injury time goals? It’s fun if a side wins or draws a game in stoppage time but in real life it happens only once or twice a season, and I feel like it happens far more often in FM22. 

I'm not sure whether it really is excessive without finding the relevant stats, but it's been happening often enough (both for and against) for me to start looking at the situation in the AI vs AI games. Looks to be quite a lot of late goals and may be a by-product of the fatigue changes in this year's ME.

13 minutes ago, Metal said:

Do you mean like low coaching badges? No, is that why I don't get offers? So you need to start with very low rep to get job offers?

Probably the opposite.  Manager reputation is very slow to increase compared to your success. So if you start with a low reputation (e.g. Sunday League), even if you get quick success it will take a long time for your reputation to catch up and for other teams to consider you as a candidate. Starting with a higher reputation (at least appropriate to the club) your reputation will already be in the range that clubs at your level will consider.

In my save I started with reputation matched to the club and with only moderate success got a job offer early in the second season from Stuttgart who were struggling and had just sacked their manager.  Wouldn't expect to get offers from clubs higher in the league until I increase reputation more.

Edited by rp1966

7 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Probably the opposite.  Manager reputation is very slow to increase compared to your success. So if you start with a low reputation (e.g. Sunday League), even if you get quick success it will take a long time for your reputation to catch up and for other teams to consider you as a candidate. Starting with a higher reputation (at least appropriate to the club) your reputation will already be in the range that clubs at your level will consider.

In my save I started with reputation matched to the club and with only moderate success got a job offer in the second season from Stuttgart who were struggling and had just sacked their manager.  Wouldn't expect to get offers from clubs higher in the league until I increase reputation more.

Well after 4 seasons in I've got 90% reputation{started with loads of coaching badges can't remember what level though) and never received a job offer from any club which I find pretty ****ing stupid and unrealistic for a supposed management simulation 

52 minutes ago, FedAt said:

just wonder what salary he wants 🙂 

Well this is my Bayern test save, so money is not a problem :brock:

And honestly, considering how good these guys are their salaries are pretty low for their quality, I got a bunch for 350-400k/year without even bothering to negotiate it down. Compare that to some of the coach salaries City apparently pays and it's an absolute bargain.

29 minutes ago, Metal said:

Do you mean like low coaching badges? No, is that why I don't get offers? So you need to start with very low rep to get job offers?

Are you getting no interest at all? Like not even interviews? Also what's your contract at Saint-Etienne looking like, if they got you on a long term contract clubs might not want to pay the compensation required.

In my AZ save I got a bunch of interviews, so that part is definitely working, I rejected them all though, so not sure if I would've gotten a job offer afterwards. I had a short and relatively cheap contract though, so clubs wouldn't have had to pay a lot of compensation.

18 hours ago, oskumustatuli said:

Just before the last match of second season when we already secured promotion to League One, chairperson Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney etc. left the board of Wrexham and sold the club to local investor...They didn't invest a penny to the club...

Anyone else managing  wrexham? Whats happening to your Ryan Reynolds? In my game he was kinda buzzkill..I think I still continue the save though..

57 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Well this is my Bayern test save, so money is not a problem :brock:

And honestly, considering how good these guys are their salaries are pretty low for their quality, I got a bunch for 350-400k/year without even bothering to negotiate it down. Compare that to some of the coach salaries City apparently pays and it's an absolute bargain.

Are you getting no interest at all? Like not even interviews? Also what's your contract at Saint-Etienne looking like, if they got you on a long term contract clubs might not want to pay the compensation required.

In my AZ save I got a bunch of interviews, so that part is definitely working, I rejected them all though, so not sure if I would've gotten a job offer afterwards. I had a short and relatively cheap contract though, so clubs wouldn't have had to pay a lot of compensation.

No interviews no offers no nothing.

3 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Based on your snarky response.

I still wonder where you got I think the beta is spot on from.  But I guess based on your snarky response you think the FM22 beta is a complete mess then?

I don't like the phrase 'snowflake generation' but struggling for anything else to describe player unhappiness in fm22

Rashford unhappy he doesn't play enough when injured. 

Elanga wants to be recalled from a loan after 4 games due to not playing in preferred position 

Martial unhappy I've rejected 2 bids of 5.5m for him in the first transfer window. (the usual AI conspiring to give the exact same lowball offers) 

Why has Tuchel got a lowpa of 171 when Conte(who has never won the CL) has a pa of 184 when Tuchel has more potential irl? Chelsea need to be coded to be more op, because Tuchel always ends up getting sacked due to his low pa

Edited by Metal

5 minutes ago, Metal said:

Why has Tuchel got a lowpa of 171 when Conte(who has never won the CL) has a pa of 184 when Tuchel has more potential irl? Chelsea need to be coded to be more op, because Tuchel always ends up getting sacked due to his low pa

171 is low?

1 hour ago, Metal said:

No interviews no offers no nothing.

Not sure what's happening then, I had plenty of clubs sniffing around for my services, so clearly it's not an universal issue. I can only assume that it either has something to do with how expensive your contract would be to buy out or you being so successful that most clubs simply won't bother trying to approach you assuming you're not interested in managing them anyway.

Have you tried applying for manager vacancies through the job centre? (Would make a save before that, as it can really **** off your board) Just as a test to see how the AI reacts. If they reject your application it should at least give you a reason as to why they did, which could point you towards the actual issue.

Edited by Freakiie

9 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Not sure what's happening then, I had plenty of clubs sniffing around for my services, so clearly it's not an universal issue. I can only assume that it either has something to do with how expensive your contract would be to buy out or you being so successful that most clubs simply won't bother trying to approach you assuming you're not interested in managing them anyway.

Have you tried applying for manager vacancies through the job centre? (Would make a save before that, as it can really **** off your board) Just as a test to see how the AI reacts. If they reject your application it should at least give you a reason as to why they did, which could point you towards the actual issue.

After 3 average seasons in National League North, i'm consistently getting interview offers with League 2 clubs. If anything, those are unrealistically good offers.

1 hora atrás, kandersson disse:

The new estimated transfer value is a nightmare for custom squad views.

ACF Fiorentina_ Players.png

This doesn't make any sense. Estimated value of my own player? For what reason I don't know the value of my own squad

12 minutos atrás, Mars_Blackmon disse:

That’s estimated market. You can set your own values for players and it will be a single number.

I know it's just a "guide value" but it's extremely vague. So I have a striker that worth 325k to 1M. There are 675k between one value to another. This is very imprecise.

This lack of precision in the value of my own team doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by maxy

1 minute ago, maxy said:

I know it's just a "guide value" but it's extremely vague. So I have a striker that worth 325k to 1M. There are 675k between one value and another. This is very imprecise.

This lack of precision in the value of my own team doesn't make sense to me.

Scouting and talking to an agent will get you the value the club is willing to sell for.