*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

25 minutes ago, naterego93 said:

Every normal studio release their patch notes, if we're paying for something then we have the right to know.

Yes, when they patch things SI releases patch notes. No studio I know will have notes for an initial release.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of no release of patch notes.
Bought Forza Horizon 5 to get early access and the game is literally unplayable as it crashes everytime. Refunded it. If at release day there's no patch notes, I won't bother to look into it agai.

FM is a different beast as you'll be way past the 2h mark that steams allows it before deciding that you don't like it probably, but I could see people refunding it and not wanting to buy it again cause they don't know if what made them refund the game is fixed or not

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yes, when they patch things SI releases patch notes. No studio I know will have notes for an initial release.

They use to release all the new features when released a years ago . Think they stopped after FM17 

Edited by alian62

Feel free to disagree, but SI don't release patch notes for the initial release. Move along from that theme now, please, and keep this on feedback on the beta.

4 minutes ago, Metal said:

Out of respect for those of us who all took time to report bugs and submit screenshots, pkms etc, the least they can do is release some info on fixes

Do they not update the big tracker / each thread for the bugs raised?

The only ones I've raised are data related and on the specific thread for each they mod or whoever looks after that area has said will be updated on release.

31 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've already booked the day off, praying for a 8am-ish release. Surely tho it should be available by then

Dont know what to believe anymore as gamepass shows it is coming today.

image.png.9976c05058f5ccecd55e9966a865b1e1.png

I wait for the demo. 

But what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that despite all the good words about dribblings/animations i don't see a single dribbling in the YouTube videos. 
Again.
I don't remember what is the last version of FM where players can make solo goals like Messi but i think was 10 or plus years ago, maybe FM07.

FM's goals are a mess more boring than real goals

On an dribbling animations Point of View even 1998 (23 years ago) games have more creativity and quality.
The goal of Larson in FIfa2001 is very natural and easthetical amazing compared to the boring goals we have in FM now.

In FM, unfortunately, players like R9, Ronaldinho, Okocha etc.. play at the same way than Gattuso, Kante, Keane

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

12 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I wait for the demo. 

But what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that despite all the good words about dribblings/animations i don't see a single dribbling in the YouTube videos. 
Again.
I don't remember what is the last version of FM where players can make solo goals like Messi but i think was 10 or plus years ago, maybe FM07.

FM's goals are a mess more boring than real goals

On an dribbling animations Point of View even 1998 (23 years ago) games have more creativity and quality.
The goal of Larson in FIfa2001 is very natural and easthetical amazing compared to the boring goals we have in FM now.

In FM, unfortunately, players like R9, Ronaldinho, Okocha etc.. play at the same way than Gattuso, Kante, Keane

Totally agree, the dribbling has gone backwards from fm21in my opinion but it's too early too judge. Hopefully final release they've noticed the lack of dribbling and we see players dribbling past players through centre midfield. It doesn't have to be fifa level graphics just have players with special traits and high dribbling attributes be more inclined to dribble past players more.

Edited by Metal

9 minuti fa, Metal ha scritto:

Totally agree, the dribbling has gone backwards from fm21in my opinion but it's too early too judge. Hopefully final release they've noticed the lack of dribbling and we see players dribbling past players through centre midfield. It doesn't have to be fifa level graphics just have players with special traits and high dribbling attributes be more inclined to dribble past players more.

of course, i don't care about good looking graphics. 
But tendency to dribbling (and more animations in the future editions)

And more creativity in players' actions/decisions

Pratically all goals by Ronaldo at Barca (1996-97) are goals that FM cannot replicate.

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

I know that the game has just come out & it's a big change to make but in the future I think the tactics when defending should be more nuanced. In particular, I'm talking about the way the team presses. Even if your settings are on pressing very urgently, most of the time players tend to press individually whilst the rest of the team are in shape. Maybe we can include things such as pressing triggers too.

4 hours ago, Metal said:

Out of respect for those of us who all took time to report bugs and submit screenshots, pkms etc, the least they can do is release some info on fixes

Yep. Although I have a few tests I will be doing for about an hour to see if they fixed the most egregious of the issues.

As a customer, I shouldn't have to do this, especially if you participated in the beta to create those bug stories, then there should be some sort of confirmation on which bugs they attempted to fix etc.

If they didn't fix the big issues then I think I'll go back to FM21 like I have been for a while.

Let's hope they did.

Alot have been said already, hope it will be fixed to a great balanced full version game!

- Hope the full release has also more attention to (classic) 2D cam! 
- When ticked no transfer in first transferperiode, the salary budget should be there for renewing contract etc. 
- When dominating the game in chances, u still only have 30 to 40 % poss. which is abit odd. 
- No height shown in player profile (but ye will use a skin anyway).
- Hope the awful facial hair of nextgens etc. are improved! 

Not seen, but hopefully more soon...
- penalties for handball
- a player being attacked by the Gk when he tries to go around the GK. Penalty earned. 
- Giving the manager yellow and red cards. :)  

Anyway lets go, full release is there... tic tac tic tac tic tac!