*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

15 hours ago, XaW said:

Had a good central play here. The striker (FP-A) drops down, turns, and sees and the winger (W-A) runs into the channel. The pass is nice and the winger slots it home.

xzvkt6i.gif

I'm guessing this is the central play I'm talking about that other doesn't see. Not saying there isn't any issues, but it doesn't look bad to me.

How did you upload this gif/vid?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Platinum said:

How did you upload this gif/vid?

I use a freeware called ScreenToGIF to record and render, then I uploaded it to imgur.

Just now, Paulo Magalhães said:

so, no one is able to help me to understand? is it a bug or what?

If you are unsure if it's a bug, please report it in the bug tracker. Either you have reported a bug, or you'll be told the reasons for it being like it is.

The fitness/jadedness thing is even more stupid than it was before, to play any sort of European football you basically need two teams, which is dumb. Real life players play 100s of consecutive games, and most easily do two games a week, in game I am getting normal centre backs that are getting exhausted and need rests.  Centre-backs, who barely have to move, come on what absurdity is that? 

I don't want to play 'physio manager' its not fun. The 'jaded and needing a rest' thing was broken enough last year, having players who had like 11 starts out of 20 games needing a rest, when they have like 18 natural fitness. 

il y a 5 minutes, tajj7 a dit :

The fitness/jadedness thing is even more stupid than it was before, to play any sort of European football you basically need two teams, which is dumb. Real life players play 100s of consecutive games, and most easily do two games a week, in game I am getting normal centre backs that are getting exhausted and need rests.  Centre-backs, who barely have to move, come on what absurdity is that? 

I don't want to play 'physio manager' its not fun. The 'jaded and needing a rest' thing was broken enough last year, having players who had like 11 starts out of 20 games needing a rest, when they have like 18 natural fitness. 

What intensity are you playing? I'm playing gegenpress and I LOVE the drawbacks. Please don't change it

I am playing a 3-4-1-2 or 5-2-1-2 however you would like to call it and just won liga girone C with Virtus Francavilla but some of the players are still worried that this formation will "expose at the back". How can a 3 central defender system expose us at the back?

If i played a 4-2-3-1 i am sure they will not have such worries.

edit: look how "exposed at the back " we are. 26 goals conceded in 38 games.

image.thumb.png.6fd9a5eb158575749105c507cd8a5889.png

Edited by andu1

17 saat önce, XaW said:

Had a good central play here. The striker (FP-A) drops down, turns, and sees and the winger (W-A) runs into the channel. The pass is nice and the winger slots it home.

xzvkt6i.gif

I'm guessing this is the central play I'm talking about that other doesn't see. Not saying there isn't any issues, but it doesn't look bad to me.

This goal is good but we need to see more of these types of positions. It's clear that the match engine needs improvement on this subject.

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

I am playing a 3-4-1-2 or 5-2-1-2 however you would like to call it and just won liga girone C with Virtus Francavilla but some of the players are still worried that this formation will "expose at the back". How can a 3 central defender system expose us at the back?

If i played a 4-2-3-1 i am sure they will not have such worries.

edit: look how "exposed at the back " we are. 26 goals conceded in 38 games.

image.thumb.png.6fd9a5eb158575749105c507cd8a5889.png

To be fair you've won the league but only have the 4th best defense. Compared to your league position your defense isn't up to par.

played a whole season without getting any new partnerships, played a regular starting eleven for 85% of the games and i never saw a new partnership, the only one i can see is one that existed since the start with tierney and auba and tierney with saka, other than that, my team has no partnerships at all at the end of the season.

55 minutes ago, kertiek said:

played a whole season without getting any new partnerships, played a regular starting eleven for 85% of the games and i never saw a new partnership, the only one i can see is one that existed since the start with tierney and auba and tierney with saka, other than that, my team has no partnerships at all at the end of the season.

I remember this being a bug in earlier beta's as well.

5 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Can someone please share how good Inside Forwards are playing? 

Do very good inside forwards score a lot? 

Even I liked Fm 2021 a lot, I was disappointed with how Inside Forwards were playing. Almost all the best players in the world in last 15years were inside forwards but I didn't like how they were represented in the game in last few iterations. 

The only FM they were represented good, was in FM 2015 where you could learn them "get forward whenever possible" and they would actually score a decent number of times and act like actual inside forwards. 

( for example I hate when I see my right inside forward crosses the ball to my short inside forward on the other side just for him to hit the ball with the head too many times per season ) 

Devante Cole got 21 goals as an inside forward for my Barnsley team first season. Him and Woodrow have gotten about 20 between the rotating this season.

22 minutes ago, Butters76 said:

Hmm, I see players with excellent condition, but tired.
Only see the tired while hovering over the fully green heart.
Should have a clearer indication they are tired. Don't want to hover over every player to see if they are tired.

That confuses me a bit as well, as they have full green heart and they can be tired.

When its percentage you had a clear indication.  If three days between games some players

will be tired, and you have to hover over each one to find out.

On 23/10/2021 at 07:26, SebastianRO said:

I just want to follow up on my post I made yesterday with regards to the feedback I gave and more specifically my last paragraph from that post, which was the one you see below:

That being said, I have of course noticed beautiful central play and through balls straight down the middle BUT only in situations when the oposition was caught off guard and the space they allowed me in front of their 16 yard box was way too much or in a case when the space between their CBs was too much. That is when my central playmaker(s) were comfortable enough to try a killer through ball. Another occurance when i have consistently seen through balls was when I recovered the ball back around the centre of the pitch and caught the oposition off guard and then my player in control of the ball was just trying a long ball through the middle for my striker.

I haven't played yet but what you've described here is just how football works. If a team defends properly you won't have space for a through ball through the middle, that's the entire point of defending. You wait for the defense to make a mistake then you take advantage with a through ball. Until then you cycle the ball around and make them move side to side to increase the chances of a space opening up. That's football 101.

There are too many cross and header goals and has no intention of pressuring unless player is instructed to press hard ......repeat repeat again,  so bored.. :(

Edited by XaW
Please don't increase the size without reason

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Well you can’t do the same things you did in previous versions. It’s so many things that you may or may not be doing that results in your players being jaded. Are you reserving energy after a comfortable lead? Maybe slower the tempo, press less? Time waste? Subbing players earlier than usual to lighten match load?

When are we going to do away with the ludicrous home bias that happens in FM? We've just seen Liverpool do a high press and shred United, and we've seen City go away to Chelsea and be very comfortable earlier on in the season. On FM it seems whoever is at home gets some automatic boost. The away team by contrast seemingly lose their ability to play football. This then swaps over in the reverse fixture.

It makes the Champions league hilarious too. In real life ties are cagey a lot of the time (unless you have an implosion like Barca vs Bayern), in FM it's whoever smashes who at home.

34 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Players "thinking" they deserve new contracts gets worse with each installment. They weren't earning their contract & got the previous coach sacked. Now, many players less than 2 years into their current deals, we're winning & everyone thinks they're Ronaldo. Rieffindiculous. 

Half of my first team came to me asking for new contracts in the first season and their current contract is expiring 2024 and there is no option to make the new start at the end of the old one. That would save a lot of headache

11 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Raphinha putting in 40 crosses a game equals 036a08dec728fe207afd2bbc92428cb5.png

Everything tends to be a little bit too accurate in the right system doesn’t it? If you stuck Phil Jones in Raphinha’s position it would be an interesting experiment. I’d say he’d set up a similar amount. 

3 minutes ago, DP said:

Everything tends to be a little bit too accurate in the right system doesn’t it? If you stuck Phil Jones in Raphinha’s position it would be an interesting experiment. I’d say he’d set up a similar amount. 

Mate I played Joelinton there one game and he got 2 assists!

On 23/10/2021 at 21:07, hursty2 said:

Not saying it's wrong but that's what I would expect to see, even this video of Real Madrid's 15/16 campaign shows a lot of goals from wide areas. 

Obviously it doesn't show the build up but I'd say that their whole plan was to draw players central then move it wide in the last third for their elite finishers to score. 

Can hear the Real Madrid manager saying "sure I'm winning but I feel like I'm managing UEFA Crossing Simulator!"

The fact is most attacks in real football are built from the wings because every team on earth defends by taking away the middle. It's just football. Literally 90% of the open play goals in this video are from crosses.

36 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

When are we going to do away with the ludicrous home bias that happens in FM? We've just seen Liverpool do a high press and shred United, and we've seen City go away to Chelsea and be very comfortable earlier on in the season. On FM it seems whoever is at home gets some automatic boost. The away team by contrast seemingly lose their ability to play football. This then swaps over in the reverse fixture.

It makes the Champions league hilarious too. In real life ties are cagey a lot of the time (unless you have an implosion like Barca vs Bayern), in FM it's whoever smashes who at home.

Yes I definitly feel the same way - I get absolutely smashed away from home against the big teams.

Why are players using their weaker foot to pass and shoot more often than their stronger foot??? Especially players with great agility and ball control, they have the ability to adjust the angle so they can pass/shoot with their stronger foot but no....

I swear same thing with FM 2021, I had players with Avoid weaker foot PPM score more goals with their weaker foot than the stronger foot.

I had hopes with the new animations players will stop doing it so often but I'm left disappointed.....

On 25/10/2021 at 08:35, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

My players were fully fit, after 2 weeks without any game (winter break). And they were 3 weeks into new training schedule.

Whatever, FM has been like that for years, injuries injuries injuries, but people keep defending it so no reason for SI to do anything ;)

It's been proven time and time again that there are actually less injuries in FM than there are in real life.

1 hour ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Players "thinking" they deserve new contracts gets worse with each installment. They weren't earning their contract & got the previous coach sacked. Now, many players less than 2 years into their current deals, we're winning & everyone thinks they're Ronaldo. Rieffindiculous. 

That happened to me on a Hamburg save test, players from the second squad were asking for new contracts, nowhere near important players, after I refused a lot of player from the mais squad got angry with me because I refused to renew their contracts... Absolutely nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I also see Instant Result (I know you have to skin this in) is still a bit broken:

89864c4be1a7e0d3c90cd5c89e519da6.png

We've asked you a few times to report things in the bug tracker for things like this. As far as I can see you haven't done so yet. Could you please do so if you wish this to be improved?

33 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Good advice is to Verify Files via Steam. I had 17 files in error

Deleting also %appdata% folder

Blimey I just checked and it said 57 files failed to validate. :idiot:

Game was working fine other than the schedules menu being very slow to load. 

1 hour ago, WelshMourinho said:

Home advantage is very clearly a thing, regardless of whether Liverpool thrashed United away or not. Can't really argue against it with one or two examples and it's not like away matches in FM are completely unwinnable either.

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I might be wrong here but if a player has good finishing stats consequently it should have a good free-kick taking and vice-versa, no?

Not necessarily. The two are correlated, in the sense that they both tend to presuppose good technical ability, but that correlation is far from perfect.

I wouldn't want Pippo Inzaghi taking any free kicks for my team, for example.

Is the transfer values of players bugged or have SI took a new approach with it this year because some of the values seem crazy high! Currently trying to get Josh Doig from Hibernian and he's valued at £19-£24million?! Plenty of other examples too, particularly in the Scottish league but this is the most extreme example.

22 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Home advantage is very clearly a thing, regardless of whether Liverpool thrashed United away or not. Can't really argue against it with one or two examples and it's not like away matches in FM are completely unwinnable either.

There is a massive difference between home advantage and what happens on FM.

11 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

Is the transfer values of players bugged or have SI took a new approach with it this year because some of the values seem crazy high! Currently trying to get Josh Doig from Hibernian and he's valued at £19-£24million?! Plenty of other examples too, particularly in the Scottish league but this is the most extreme example.

Yeah SI changed the way it's done for FM22.