dafuge's FM22 challenge

Harrowborough.png.5f19abdcfe68a3429ce9c0627e2852d4.png        

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

Championship
2024/28

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - stuttered a bit at first but we really got going and sealed promotion if not the title.  Off to the promised land.

FA Cup - Fixtures - tonked at home by Everton in the 5th round

EFL Cup - Fixtures - made it to the quarters only to be narrowly defeated by Newcastle

Finances - doing well, obviously won't be an issue soon

Transfers - sold Hughes for £1m and some others

Squad

Key players:

Taj Sodje - still banging them in

Marques Muir - still solid in defence

Daijiro Chirino - pretty good season again from the utility man, mainly playing as a right back

Teddy Jenks - £185k from Genoa for the ex Brighton CM

Dylan James - Welsh international striker on loan from Chelsea, high scoring and I extended to next season

Toni Karisik - bargain free transfer of the Serbian midfielder

Oliver Aertssen - ex Ajax youngster on a free

Brian Hestermann - ex Wolfsburg striker on a free, great season

Kai Pauli - another German, a winger we signed last season on a free from Dortmund

Future: so we're off to the top division and bags of money.  As part of that we have another new stadium coming so will be groundsharing at Craven Cottage for a couple of years.  

Main aim is not to get relegated obviously..

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2022/23     	VNS     	  1st         3rd round		-			-		League winners, promoted
2023/24		VN		3rd		3rd round	-			-		Play off winners, FAT Winners
2024/25		L2		3rd		4th round	2nd Round		-		Promoted
2025/26		L1		2nd		5th round	1st round		-		Promoted
2026/27		CH		4th		5th round	3rd round		-		Lost in play off final
2027/28		CH		2nd		5th round	QF			-		Promoted

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

106580c3ac74b7106a7aa8.png

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2028/29

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2029

Key Players: Jack Scott ~ Jaden Williams ~ Keston Charles ~ Rob Ramsdale ~ Tom Leak

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-League-Two_-Stages15bfaef04a99b5

Results: League Two I ~ League Two II | FA Cup | EFL Cup | EFL Trophy

At the third time of asking we are finally promoted! We did make hard work of it though, we were looking comfortable and looking towards winning the title then two wins in our last eight games saw us almost drop out on the final day. At one point we did drop out of it but thankfully we got there. I felt having not as much cup runs this season really helped us, minus the blip at the end it was a good solid season. I think going in to next season there will be minimal changes to the squad, in honesty I feel I have a good squad at this level, I've been away for a week so speaking of next season...

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2029/30

Manager Profile: Crowy 2030

Key Players: Jaden Williams ~ Jorge Jimenez ~ Chris Hadley ~ Pete Cable ~ Scott Breese

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-League-One_-Stagesfbb4768a864a0b

Results: League One I ~ League One II | FA Cup | EFL Cup | EFL Trophy

This has been my most surprising season so far, after taking three seasons to get out of League Two. I thought this league would be something similar, so happy and afraid at the same time. I think this might be a bit too soon but I'm not complaining I will give it my best shot and hopefully we can survive. We've given some Championship teams good games in the cup etc over the last two or three seasons. We managed to get to the third round of the FA Cup this season and we got two draws (2-2 & 3-3) vs Birmingham, sadly we lost on penalties from a good position. I think that was just practice for the play-offs we dispatched of Cardiff fairly comfortably in the end 4-2 after struggling away from home and Blackpool probably had the better of it in the final but an 88th minute equaliser from Jaden Williams helped us get to penalties and get a fortunate victory.

I think this step up will open the UK & Irish player pool up for us a bit more too, hopefully have more players willing to join us etc, I'm not going to go crazy though, need to think of the finances in case we go straight back down.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

2105171741_CareerProgress.thumb.png.6c597a7f4136b3aa351b82cf8394fb85.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

865769902_CareerStats.png.002e71417c7beb00842f8bf19cdebe43.png

I will give this a go with Truro City.

The initial Truro squad is interesting. A small quad but with a lot of quality to it. Unfortunately three quality players would not resign and left the club but that left 5 players to build the team around. I have brought in quite a few players very cheaply to hopefully build a team that will easily avoid relegation.

End of Season Review

Season 2026/27

Kings Langley

Kings Langley F.C. - Wikipedia

Season Summary

Quite simply, it was a magnificent season.  Promotion to the second tier and a long F. A. Cup run.  It will take a lot to top this year.

Season Details

League Table - Promotion was secured with three games remaining and with Blackburn losing, it allowed us to snatch the title on the final day.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Consistency was the key, as it always is.  We churned out some vital narrow victories that proved vital in the end.

F. A. Cup - We had our best cup run to date as we made it all the way to the semi final, beating top flight sides Burnley & Tottenham Hotspur en route.  Newcastle United proved too strong in the semi final as they comfortably defeated us.

Carabao Cup - We finally made it past the first round and went as far as round three before losing on penalties away to Championship side Middlesbrough.

Papa John's Trophy - We once again won our group and once again failed to reach the final, as Charlton Athletic proved too strong on their own ground, narrowly beating us in the third round.

Pre Season Friendlies - We had ten games in our pre season campaign and only lost twice, which was pleasing.

Squad - We are much better than last season, but need significant investment in the squad to finish in the top half of the Championship.

Squad Dynamics - Another marvellous set of dynamics.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I finally spent money on transfer fees as we managed to improve the squad considerably.

Transfers Out - The transfer sale record was broken again we more than £1m was brought into the club in player sales.

Youth Candidates - Centre back Gary Hopper YP27A2 is the only player being offered a professional contract as we yet again had a poor intake.

Finances - The cup run has given us a comfortable bank balance.

Key Players

Liam Walsh - It was another season to remember for the central midfielder.

Alfie Gilchrist - He continued to improve and raised his game.  Playing at central defence, he was our most reliable defender.

Josh Martin - Very versatile, I used him in both central midfield and on both wings.  Had a good campaign.

Leo Castledine - Signed on a free transfer from Chelsea, the young midfielder was excellent.

James Alderman - Signed when we were in the Vanarama National League North, he has become first choice at left back and has developed remarkably well.

Next Season

Simply put, survival.  Anything else is a bonus.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑   Continental C   ↑↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑  15 ↑   9 ↑  11 ↑
2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental A   ↑↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   1 =   9 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26    Decent  ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental Pro  ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑  14 ↑   1 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  14 ↑  15 ↑
2026/27    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental Pro  =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 ↓  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  14 =  16 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic =          Limited =          Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Good ↑           Limited =          Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Adequate ↑            Good =           Fairly Basic ↑     Regional = (1.50*) =
2025/26    Below Average ↓      Poor =                 0 =     Adequate =            Good =           Adequate ↑         Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2026/27    Below Average =      Poor =                 0 =     Adequate =            Good =           Average ↑          Regional = (2.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      60        44        9         7         144             45                 +99               73.33%
2023/24      54        35        9        10         134             49                 +85               64.81% ↓
2024/25      60        35       11        14         130             68                 +62               58.33% ↓
2025/26      59        28       14        17         105             83                 +22               47.48% ↓
2026/27      63        39       12        12         113             62                 +51               61.90% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          60        44        9        7         144              45                 +99               73.33%            329 days
2023/24         114        79       18       17         278              94                +184               69.30% ↓          672 days
2024/25         174       114       29       31         408             162                +246               65.52% ↓        1,050 days
2025/26         233       142       43       48         513             245                +268               60.94% ↓        1,420 days
2026/27         296       181       55       60         626             307                +319               61.15% ↑        1,771 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 8 July 2025       Matthew Mallon            Full Back              AFC Telford United           England                        £10,000
 8 July 2025       Joel Honeyman             Left Wing/Striker      Hartlepool United            England                       £150,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 4 November 2022   Ben Wylie                 Central Midfield       Maidstone United             England                         £4,200
29 June 2023       Ben Elliott               Central Midfield       Middlesbrough                England                       £100,000
 9 June 2024       Khayon Edwards            Striker                Birmingham City              England                       £130,000
 9 June 2025       Max McKnight              Right Back             MK Dons                      England                       £245,000
 6 July 2025       Luca Gunter               Goalkeeper             Nottingham Forest            England                       £500,000
23 January 2027    Kwame Poku                Right Wing             Notts County                 England                       £600,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23    Vanarama National League North
2023/24    Vanarama National League
2026/27    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2026/27)
1 x Vanarama National League (2023/24)
1 x Vanarama National League North (2022/23)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy runners up.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    2nd ↑     Fifth Round ↑               First Round       Promoted as runners up.  Papa John's Trophy Quarter Final.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    6th ↑     Second Round ↓              First Round =     Lost in semi final of promotion playoffs.  Papa John's Trophy semi final.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Semi Final ↑                Third Round ↑     Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy Third Round.

KLFC_logoSM.png.7a7752a7d3e3ec4f6d737aa4b545e1cf.png

Kings Langley Season 5 (1st season Championship)

Another active off-season as we continue to nab Premier Club youngsters set free and end of or out of contract signings. We did make two major sales which immensely helps our bottom line, but cost us quality youngsters.

Out:
Rickey Jade-Jones SC (sold to Burnley for 3 Million after they met the min release fee on him)
Stevie Brotherston AMRLC (sold to Watford for 1.8 Million- hated to lose the promising winger, but this was a good offer and the funds help our bottom line)
Jackson Smith GK (sold to Sunderland for 2.5K, 4th string keeper for us so no issue selling him)
Joseph Joseph DC (sold to Cheltenham for 3.1K, fringe player for us)

In:
Zach Awe DC (Pleased to loan back Awe from Watford for another season)
Jed Mair DC (Pleased to loan back Mair from Brighton for another season)
Tyrese Omotoye SC (signed on free transfer from Norwich, a favorite player of mine)
Keith Ballard MC (loaned for season from Burnley, with a 300K option to buy)
Takahiro Goto DL/WBL (signed on free transfer from Arsenal)
Harry Case SC (275K from Bolton, Rangy Striker who will be loaned out for season, but very promising player)
Bob Bell AMR,AMC,MC (signed on free transfer from Manchester City, promising winger who chose us over 14 interested clubs)
Andre Burley DRLC (120K from Shrewsbury, 50 Caps for St. Kitts, versatile defender who adds to our depth on the backline)
Aboubakar Bamba (free transfer from Asec Mimosas, 4 Caps for Ivory Coast, capable keeper who will serve as main backup for Aaron Maguire)
Vladimir Bocanegra ML,AML (205K from Sarmiento Lora, 18 year old Colombian is a gamble as we don't have a Work Permit for him-yet, I am convinced he will be a Wonderkid and his arrival is the reason I was OK selling Stevie Brotherston)
Juan Carlos Calo ML,WBL (free transfer after released by Manchester City, another promising 18 year old leftwing player who will be loaned out for the season)
Grant Burke SC,AMR (free transfer after release by Leicester, a big, quick forward who we signed on a hope that he develops to be a depth forward)
Mauricio Munoz MRL,AMR (free transfer after release by Deportive Estudiantil, another 18 year old Colombian we are gambling on getting a Work Permit in the future- not as good as Bocanegra, but still looks really good for an 18 year old)

21 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

I will give this a go with Truro City.

The initial Truro squad is interesting. A small quad but with a lot of quality to it. Unfortunately three quality players would not resign and left the club but that left 5 players to build the team around. I have brought in quite a few players very cheaply to hopefully build a team that will easily avoid relegation.

Good luck with Truro. I've done attempts with them in FM20 and FM21 and found it very difficult trying to sign better players as not many wanted to come to play down in Cornwall and the saves stalled as a result. Hopefully you'll have a bit more luck than I did with attracting better signings!

3 hours ago, Tivvy18 said:

Good luck with Truro. I've done attempts with them in FM20 and FM21 and found it very difficult trying to sign better players as not many wanted to come to play down in Cornwall and the saves stalled as a result. Hopefully you'll have a bit more luck than I did with attracting better signings!

So far so good, I attracted enough players of the quality required to be easily top half. Hope to make the playoffs but slightly out of them at this stage.

20211212152225_1.thumb.jpg.72ca6340e2044e5a00ed6adc7b44c4a1.jpg

End of Season 2 Review

Banbury54b3b0c04542a7ad.jpg

Vanarama National North - 1st - 95 points

A tight race until the end, but on the second to last game with a tie away from home we were able to secure the title! Time to start planning next season to at least stay up.

20211212152715_1.thumb.jpg.cec69eafd4f6999b5078fa69167fcde8.jpg

Our key striker last season Emmanuel Dieservwe was crucial this season scoring 28 goals in the league. We completely overhauled the team with 15 new signings including 4 loans. 2 of those signings, León Pambou and Max Dyche had the highest average rating of the team (both Central Defenders, a key position of the team we had to reinforce).

20211212152234_1.thumb.jpg.099cb5ea97eab2b167a61ab7fbdba853.jpg

This season we scored 70 goals in the league (only 2 more than last year)... but only conceeded 26, making us the best defence in the league!

Being newly promoted is always a challenge, so lets see what can be achieved next season.

In depth screenshots

League Table     Transfer History    Matches 1 & 2     Finances

Challenge Summary

1600266675_SemTtulo.thumb.png.c2e501b26be97b12708e33fa14a11268.png

It was a long season but 

image.png.ea84913c77ea4978d3e729a26e2f8507.png

Quite a miracle getting promoted in first season, Went through 4 different tactics, tons of injuries but we pulled through 

The league table at the end

image.png.7a442b92679a5d9eea28f658b6088021.png

On her way to 2nd and to securing play off Joe Malin was a beast ending with top goal scorer in the league with 36 goals and Sean Cooke with 20 assist

There was time when things looked very scary 4-6 injuries at one point but the boys rallied together to put together an impresive run of games

image.png.32ac4abb4cef298f18ff7be002c35b2f.png

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

Kings Langley

Season Summary

A season that was nothing but mediocre, which is just fine.

Season Details

League Table - We flirted with the playoffs at times, though a dreadful March & April, where we didn't win once, managed one draw and lost nine times, put paid to that.  Still, finishing thirteenth is good enough for our first season at this level.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Long spells without winning was followed by going undefeated for a while, then losing nine games in a row.  We are just a very average side.  Our form at the end of the season was appalling.

F. A. Cup - A decent enough run that was ended away to top flight Leicester City in the fifth round.

Carabao Cup - We still haven't had a good cup run in the Carabao Cup as we were drawn away to top tier Southampton who were just too strong for us.

Pre Season Friendlies - With eleven games played and only two losses, it was a pleasing pre season.

Squad - We are good enough for a mid table finish, but need considerable improvements if we are to make the playoffs.

Squad Dynamics - Considering how poor our recent form has been, this is surprising good.

Transfers In 1, 2 - I broke the transfer record twice in bringing in some much needed quality.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - Over £4m was brought in, including our first ever seven figure transfer fee.

Youth Candidates - Mohamed Camara YP27A3 who plays on the left wing, was the best prospect in an intake that was as average as our season.

Finances - We have slipped into the red, which is very worrying.

Key Players

Alfie Gilchrist - The centre back is no longer an automatic selection though he is reliable when called upon.

Leo Castledine - Another good year from the midfielder.

Josh Eppiah - Playing either up front or on either wing, the 29 year old has been with us since our non league days and continues to play well.

Giovanni Demichelis - Signed from Milan on loan for the season, the striker was our best and most reliable player for the entire campaign.

Gonzalo Verri - Argentine defender who arrived from River Plate, on loan for the year and played very well.

Next Season

As it is getting harder to bring in players that are markedly better, I would be happy with another season of being safe in mid table.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑   Continental C   ↑↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑  15 ↑   9 ↑  11 ↑
2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental A   ↑↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   1 =   9 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26    Decent  ↑ (3.00*) ↑   Continental Pro  ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 ↑  13 ↑  14 ↑  14 ↑   1 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑  20 =  14 ↑  15 ↑
2026/27    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental Pro  =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 ↓  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  14 =  16 ↑
2027/28    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental Pro  =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 =  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  14 =  17 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Adequate             Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic =          Limited =          Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Good ↑           Limited =          Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Adequate =           Poor =                 0 =     Adequate ↑            Good =           Fairly Basic ↑     Regional = (1.50*) =
2025/26    Below Average ↓      Poor =                 0 =     Adequate =            Good =           Adequate ↑         Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2026/27    Below Average =      Poor =                 0 =     Adequate =            Good =           Average ↑          Regional = (2.00*) =
2027/28    Below Average =      Basic ↑                0 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Good ↑             National ↑ (2.50*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      60        44        9         7         144             45                 +99               73.33%
2023/24      54        35        9        10         134             49                 +85               64.81% ↓
2024/25      60        35       11        14         130             68                 +62               58.33% ↓
2025/26      59        28       14        17         105             83                 +22               47.48% ↓
2026/27      63        39       12        12         113             62                 +51               61.90% ↑
2027/28      52        21        8        23          77             78                  -1               40.38% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2022/23          60        44        9        7         144              45                 +99               73.33%            329 days
2023/24         114        79       18       17         278              94                +184               69.30% ↓          672 days
2024/25         174       114       29       31         408             162                +246               65.52% ↓        1,050 days
2025/26         233       142       43       48         513             245                +268               60.94% ↓        1,420 days
2026/27         296       181       55       60         626             307                +319               61.15% ↑        1,771 days
2027/28         348       202       63       83         703             385                +318               58.05% ↓        2,142 days

3Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
 8 July 2025       Matthew Mallon            Full Back              AFC Telford United           England                        £10,000
 8 July 2025       Joel Honeyman             Left Wing/Striker      Hartlepool United            England                       £150,000
14 July 2027       Thomas McGill             Goalkeeper             Wigan Athletic               England                       £275,000
25 January 2028    Xavier Simons             Midfielder             Preston North End            England                       £325,000

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
 4 November 2022   Ben Wylie                 Central Midfield       Maidstone United             England                         £4,200
29 June 2023       Ben Elliott               Central Midfield       Middlesbrough                England                       £100,000
 9 June 2024       Khayon Edwards            Striker                Birmingham City              England                       £130,000
 9 June 2025       Max McKnight              Right Back             MK Dons                      England                       £245,000
 6 July 2025       Luca Gunter               Goalkeeper             Nottingham Forest            England                       £500,000
23 January 2027    Kwame Poku                Right Wing             Notts County                 England                       £600,000
18 July 2027       Damien Lyttle             Left Wing              Sheffield United             England                     £2,000,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy runners up.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    2nd ↑     Fifth Round ↑               First Round       Promoted as runners up.  Papa John's Trophy Quarter Final.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    6th ↑     Second Round ↓              First Round =     Lost in semi final of promotion playoffs.  Papa John's Trophy semi final.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Semi Final ↑                Third Round ↑     Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy Third Round.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                 13th ↑     Fifth Round ↓               Second Round ↓    Mid table mediocrity.

Edited by DazRTaylor

spacer.png

Morpeth Town - Part 4 - European Adventures

Season 12 - 2033/34 - Premier League - 7th

Table - Best XI

Fighting in 2 competitions took it's toll on us this season as we struggled in patches and could've easily failed to secure another European spot. Our transfer budget was swallowed up by the 2nd installments of last seasons splurge, as we only managed a couple of squad players in (and about as many out, net spend £11.5m). It was, however, a season to remember for Ivan, whose 28 strikes were enough to earn him top scorer in the division (thanks massively to Haaland doing his cruciate midway through).

In Europe, we did pretty well for a first appearance. Our group stage draw was reasonably kind - Hoffenheim, Nice and Levante. We won all 3 home games and beat Hoffenheim away, drawing the other games 0-0 to finish comfortably top and unbeaten. We got a bye to the 2nd round where we drew Benfica, losing 1-0 away and winning 1-0 at home before going out on penalties.

Season 13 - 2034/35 - Premier League - 2nd

Table - Best XI

There were a couple of factors that led to our incredible performance this season. Firstly, being in the Europa Conference League helped massively, as we played a second string in almost every game. 2 signings also caught the eye - Ben Moses (D(C), £36.5m, Newcastle) was the missing link in the back line, pairing up perfectly with Sotelo, and Adrian (AM(C), £32m, Real Betis) was the missing link at the front, providing 11 goals and 6 assists in the league. The title race was extremely close - it was in our hands still with 4 games to go, trailing Liverpool by 2 points but knowing we played them on the final day. With 2 games to go we were 4 points behind, but our loss to Chelsea as well as their victory over Forest sealed it (and denied the people of a title deciding game).

Our European campaign started with a playoff against Ukranian side Mariupol, which we won 5-0 in each leg (10-0 agg.). In the group stage, we faced PSV, Rosenborg and Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - winning 5 and drawing 1, we got a bye to the 2nd knockout round, where we again faced PSV. We won this tie 3-0 and 4-0 (7-0 agg.). In the quarters, we drew Brest, and again won comfortably (4-0 and 1-0, 5-0 agg.). The first leg of our semi against Bilbao finished goalless, but at home we struggled to break them down and were fortunate Ivan scored a 95th minute equaliser to keep us in the tie. We eventually lost on penalties, whilst they progressed to beat Hellas Verona comfortably in the final.

Season 14 - 2035/36 - Premier League - 3rd

Table - Best XI

Playing in a higher European competition again put a dampener on our league form. We made a net profit on transfers, selling Moses for £60m to Man City and Torres for £50m to Arsenal. Our incomings mostly were young prospects with little to no playing time - most notably goalkeeper Donny Sergini from Willem II (£10.5m) - though in the winter we spent £52m on Man Utd midfielder Pedro Rocha (who had a poor 2nd half of the season but came alive in the next).

Our first Champions League foray pitted us against Juventus, Leverkusen and Salzburg. We did the double over the Austrians, got a point against Juve and nothing against Bayer - as it happens, if we had hung on for the win in that drawn game it would've been enough to get us through, but 3rd place is what we deserved and it's where we ended. In the Europa knockouts, we beat Midtjylland comfortably (5-0 and 1-0) before getting thrashed by Dortmund (0-1 and 0-4).

Season 15 - 2036/37 - Premier League - 1st (Champions)

Table - Best XI

This summer saw a big overhaul of both the playing and coaching staff as we took huge strides forward as a club. We generated £247m cashing in on squad players, aging players and those who never quite lived up to their potential, most notably Didi, Antunov, Loyola, Hajek and Ivan. The key signing for us was 26 year old English M(C) Andrew Hanson from Everton for £75m - this had been by far our weakest position in recent years, so to have a player there averaging 7.38 in the league was a godsend (8 goals 11 assists). It was also very useful as we don't have enough players for the homegrown in nation quotas in Europe. Other key business was striker Esau Atienza (£7.5m, Copenhagen) - who raced to 14 goals in the league in the first half of the season, but contributed very little in the second - and winger Jakub Prochazka (£40m, Wolfsburg). We were also very lucky to pick up wonderkid Raul Coste for £4m from Cluj, who played a solid number of games in the first team and was then named number 1 youngster on the NxGn 50 email. We were clearly the best team in the league this season, particularly at home (W18 D1 L0).

Our European campaign was also excellent. In the groups we got PSG, Sociedad and Rangers - 2 easy wins against Rangers, 2 1-1 draws against Sociedad and a 2-2 draw and 3-4 loss to PSG, we qualified in 2nd place. In the RO16 we beat Atletico comfortably (2-0 and 2-1). We drew Barcelona in the quarters, and beat them at home with van Dalfsen grabbing the only goal. At the Nou Camp, we were dominated, 3.71-1.23 in xG but we held them to a single goal, then won on penalties. The semis against Manchester City were a similar story - lost 0-1 away, then winning 1-0 at home when in the 69th minute Sotelo is sent off. We cling on for extra time but don't quite make it to penalties, final score 1-2 on aggregate. This defeat means that we will have to wait 4 years for a chance at the club world cup.

The Future

We are in a position now to mount a serious attempt at the Champions League each season and I am hopeful to complete the challenge in my next update. I am looking at options up front - Ivan is gone, Atienza is too inconsistent and van Dalfsen is now 30 (and outperformed his statistics to date, I'm not convinced he is the best choice for starting striker going forward) - and also have my eye on a Brazilian defender called Defendi. Haaland continues to be the bane of our existence - while Liverpool finished 7th, he scored 34 and so we can't count them out yet, despite being 37 he is staying on for at least another season, and hasn't regressed at all.

New: Andrew Hanson - Pedro Rocha - Adrian - Jakub Prochazka - Esau Atienza - Ben Moses

Updated: Michel van Dalfsen - Markos Moukidis - Eleuterio Loera - Nicolas Sotelo - Ivan

Young: Donny Serghini - Raul Coste - Emilio Pezzella - Graeme Wales

End of Season Review

Season 2028/29

Kings Langley

Season Summary

With the league being so tight, we blew a chance of automatic promotion.  With failure in the playoffs, we remain in the Championship.

Season Details

League Table - Have you ever seen a tighter league?  One point separating the top five teams.  Had we turned one of our draws into a win, we would be going up as champions.  As it is, we finished fourth and had to settle for the playoffs.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were much better than last season, picking up points we didn't deserve to.

Promotion Playoffs - Playing Burnley, it proved a step too far as we were beaten over the two legs, losing both games, in the semi final.

F. A. Cup - A disaster, we just didn't turn up as a home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, in a third round replay, put paid to any chance of a cup run.

Carabao Cup - We made it as far as the third round before a narrow home defeat to giants Liverpool eliminated the club.

Pre Season Friendlies - With eleven games played, where we won eight games and lost just three, it was a pleasing pre season campaign.

Squad - With the squad we have, we over performed massively.

Squad Dynamics - After such a good season, this is lovely.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I brought mainly free transfers and loans into the club, though I did once again break the transfer record.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - A big sale, for just under £10m, was very welcome as it eased the pressure on the fianances.

Youth Candidates - It was another decent intake with striker Kelvin Buckle YP29A11 looking like the best prospect.

Finances - We have just slipped back into the red.

Key Players

Alfie Gilchrist - This was arguably the central defender's best season to date.

Leo Castledine - It was another season of improvement from the central midfielder, who dictated many games.

Josh Martin - It was an excellent return to form for the winger.

Nathan Baxter - Signed before the season on a free transfer, he became the club's undisputed number one and had a great campaign.

Giovanni Demichelis - I was delighted that we managed to acquire the Italian striker for another season on loan from Milan and he continued to score goals for fun.

Next Season

Another playoff push would be great.

Personal Coaching Data

2027/28    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental Pro  =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  13 =  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  14 =  17 ↑
2028/29    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental Pro  =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  14 ↑  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  15 ↑  18 ↑

Club Facilities

2027/28    Below Average =      Basic ↑                0 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Good ↑             National ↑ (2.50*) ↑
2028/29    Adequate ↑           Below Average ↑        4 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Exceptional ↑↑     National = (2.50*) =

Season Record

2027/28      52        21        8        23          77             78                  -1               40.38% ↓
2028/29      53        25        9        19          84             62                 +22               47.17% ↑

Overall Career Record

2027/28         348       202       63       83         703             385                +318               58.05% ↓        2,142 days
2028/29         401       227       72      102         787             447                +340               56.61% ↓        2,520 days

3Transfer Purchase Record

14 July 2027       Thomas McGill             Goalkeeper             Wigan Athletic               England                       £275,000
25 January 2028    Xavier Simons             Midfielder             Preston North End            England                       £325,000
22 August 2008     Jack Stephens             Central Defender       Sunderland                   England                       £350,000
 1 January 2029    Marino Pešić              Striker                HNK Hajduk Split             Croatia                       £650,000

Transfer Sale Record

18 July 2027       Damien Lyttle             Left Wing              Sheffield United             England                     £2,000,000
19 July 2028       Claus Pachonik            Right Wing             Queens Park Rangers          England                     £9,000,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                 13th ↑     Fifth Round ↓               Second Round ↓    Mid table mediocrity.
2028/29           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  4th ↑     Third Round ↓               Third Round ↑     Lost in semi final of promotion playoffs.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Season 7 - League 2 - 2nd (promoted)

image.png.7dc6a07eccd2e3570716a136f4433cac.png

First season as a professional club allowed us to sign a number of good players and we were the best team in the league by expected points, but were beaten to the title by Southend. I'm hoping these players can help us survive at the next level because FFP means we can only make a couple signings (£23.5k p/w max budget and after promotion wage rises we'll be close to that). Short recap as there wasn't much drama and season actually finished a couple days ago but I've just managed to get this posted now :S

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets End of season balance Total wages
2028/2029 League Two 2nd CC - 1st round, PJT - 3rd round, FAC - 1st round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1747 (10000) Continental C 11 -11 (+£63k) Matt Lloyd / Bobby Nicholls - 23 Oli Ewing - 15 Joe Llewellyn - 7.56 (42) Evan Watts - 21 £18k £18.2k p/w
2027/2028 Vanarama National 6th FAC - 1st round FAT - 3rd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1078 (10000) Continental C 7 - 2 (£0) Adam Roscrow / Ryan Hillier - 14 Ryan Hillier - 11 Meilyr Edwards - 7.39 (46) Dave Richards - 19 £54k £10.2k p/w
2026/2027 Vanarama National 6th FAC - 4th qual. FAT - 4th round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1064 (10000) Continental C 6 - 9 (£0) Ben Ashworth - 35 Daniel Malone - 14 Harri Barnett - 7.44 (45) Dave Richards - 17 £52k £8.4k p/w
2025/2026 Vanarama National 3rd FAC - 4th qual. FAT - 4th round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1113 (10000) National A 10 - 4 (£0) Ben Ashworth - 27 Jamie Thomas - 14 Harri Barnett - 7.50 (45) Dave Richards - 16 £272k £7.7k p/w
2024/2025 Vanarama National 18th FAC - 4th qual. FAT - 4th round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 836 (10000) National B 13 - 15 (+£3.6k) Connor Salisbury - 18 Josh Esen - 7 Harri Barnett - 7.44 (28) Matthew Turner - 11 (£101k) £5.5k p/w
2023/2024 Vanarama North 7th FAC - 1st round FAT - 3rd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 735 (10000) None 12 - 17 (£0) Josh Esen - 18 Cameron Barry - 14 Connell Rawlinson - 7.45 (47) Joshua Hutchings - 17 (£130k) £5.1k p/w
2022/2023 Vanarama North 20th FAC - 2nd qual, FAT - 3rd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 659 (10000) None 14 - 4 (£0) Ian Traylor - 14 Liam Thomas - 8 Ryan Bassett - 7.10 (42) Joshua Hutchings - 10 (£42k) £4.0k p/w

League Table -

Squad Stats -

Transfers -

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2023/24 - National League North - 13th

Season Review - Our second season was a rough one. Even when we eventually found some momentum I never felt we were in control and that usually showed whenever someone decide to go at us. The midtable finish was probably a better indication of where we are at than the playoffs from last season. But then again it might be all down to the fact the patch hit as soon as I was about to start the season. At least that is going to be my excuse for why we didn't play as well!

League - (Fixtures 1) (Fixtures 2) (Positions)

November was the pivotal month which saw a tweak in mentality and the end of Matt Yates' time as our number 1.

Cups - (FA Cup) (FA Trophy)

Crashed out of the FA Cup against lower league opposition. Had a decent run in the FA Trophy. I know which one I would prefer to have a run in though.

Transfers - Not the best season for transfers. Players I thought were going to be key ended up disappointing.

Finances - This season's board were not that interested in putting any money in to help things out. It took a takeover to help get us in the black but even that was with the help of a loan.

Youth News -
Intake - (1) (2) - No promotions this season. Any prospects in this year's intake will probably be left behind if we do end up getting promoted but we will see how things go.

Key Players -
Top Scorer - DJ Campton-Sturridge - Ends up as a one season wonder as he won't renew his contract. Did a decent job this season with 20 goals but I wouldn't say irreplaceable.

Top Assist - George Hornshaw - Happy he is doing what I want him to but would have preferred things to be shared around a little bit more.

Any other business - After a takeover last summer with the chairman stepping down, we ended the season with another takeover with the chairman stepping down.

Looking Forward - With a new transfer strategy in mind, I'm looking forward to what next season will throw at me. A lot of players that had been important for us in the past will be leaving when their contracts expire though, so hopefully freeing up the wage budget could help some marquee signings. Though this season hasn't been the best I am happy with the project I've got going. Top half is what the new board wants but I would really want to start showing some playoff credentials going forward.

Season      League                       Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23	    National League North        5th	     Playoff semi-final
2023/24     National League North        13th

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

Premier League
2028/29

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - despite some tonkings and a negative goal difference we scraped into the top half which of course I am happy about.  This is despite us paying £454k a week for our entire wage bill and Man Utd paying Kylian Mbappe £450k a week.

FA Cup - Fixtures - did really well to get to the final but Chelsea were far better than us.

EFL Cup - Fixtures - made it to the quarters again only to be thumped by Leicester.

Finances - good lord.  I am pumping out facilities upgrades like mad.

Transfers - a pretty low net spend considering, our reputation is holding back at the moment

Squad

Key players:

Taj Sodje - not playing quite much but still scoring

Dylan James - far too good for us this season, also winning the Kopa Trophy and European Golden Boy.  He will be hard to replace.

Sam McMillan - released by Raith Rovers whom have lost out on a great player

Levi Colwill - cheap £2m signing from relegated Brentford

Leyrielton - top notch Brazilian right back signed on a free in January

Future: happy with a couple of years of mid table mediocrity until our reputation catches up enough to sign much better quality players.

2028/29		PL		10th		runners-up	QF			-		Lost in FA Cup final

I'm joining this!

I did the same challenge on these forums, although it was non - england clubs, took a newly promoted 4th tier scottish team to champions league group stage

Although, my save was bugged, and youth recruitment was perma stuck on lvl 1 even with good or excellent facilities everywhere else, it looks like Nuneaton is lvl 3 so hopefully not broken.

image.png.ab595e203903d2b3365a00fb151feb1d.png

image.thumb.png.ca51ae5fd8a5651330724a3582ec5ac8.png

Truro City

Season 1 - 2022/23

League Table | Profile

The season started off surprisingly well with the team in the playoff spots for the open rounds but as the first half of the season continued we slowly lost our spot in the playoffs and drifted down to 11th spot. I had all but given up making the playoffs when as the second half of the season started our form turned around and we played extremely well to win 8 games in a row so that by the end of February we were 4th in the league. However March was a disaster, not winning any of our 6 games but somehow we were still in 7th spot. A couple of wins at the start of April gave hope but when we lost the next two to top 4 sides we were out of the playoffs and needing to win our last three games of the season to make the playoff. It was against 3 bottom half sides so I gave us a chance. However we lost the third last game of the season and it seemed all over. But when we won the 2nd last game of the season we could still just make it. We needed two teams to lose and another team to not win and if we won we could make it. And that is what happened and we made the playoffs by one point. It all ended quickly after that. The first playoff game was three days later, I could not field the best XI and we lost in the first round 2-1 and the season was over.

We did nothing of note in the cups

Best players

Ibrahim Bakare - Young centre back who was our highest rated player at 7.43, also our vice-captain.

Andrew Neal - Top scoring striker with 21 goals and 7 assists for the season.

Chris Tamba - 17 year old striker who scored 18 goals and 7 assists for the season. 

Louis Rooney - Striker come inside forward who played mostly as an inside forward on the left and was top of assists with 14 and also scored 8 goals.

Tyler Harvey - Best midfielder at the club, but I might play him as a striker next season.

The Future

The club, in their wisdom, expects me to finish mid table next season, and, to help me do it, they have rewarded my diligence in keeping the club well under wage budget, by cutting the wage budget to what I spent this year. This means I will have a tough time improving the squad especially as I know a lot of players do not want to stay.

1759327288_KirkThompson_Home.png.2080072f91c6d1613e1ba9be64e1e7c0.png

Radcliffe FC Season Review 2024-25

Overall a pretty good season, we strolled the league which really surprised me, I started with a much more defensive formation dropping into a 4222 with 2 DMs but found that it also worked really well when attacking so we stuck with it. Picked up a few gems on the cheap, I still find it odd how good the free signings are sometimes. The club continues to back me fully, despite there being a takeover and i have continued to rack up the training badges as have my team of dedicated coaches. Had the best coaches in the league and they upgraded my training facilities as well, i'm currently training for my Pro License which is crazy good! Club has also given me a big 3 year contract.

We did ok in the cups but actually i think that bowing out early on helps with the league and although we maybe missed the big paydays i think keeping all our players fit helps with ensuring we get promoted which is probably worth as much as big cup run, if not more.

So up in league one and need to cut a lot of the flabby chaff from my squad now, thinks it's going to get much more tricky from here on in and recruitment has been a lot harder in the early pre-season so i'm fearful we're just going to get overpowered. Fortunately i am still only expected to 'fight bravely' so we'll see where that gets me.

1689491023_KirkThompson_EndofSeasonReview-16.thumb.png.82a924810f598649bb5da8e0a24f1ae2.png

632450163_KirkThompson_EndofSeasonReview-20.thumb.png.295ed76f81ea118d276f06bfe0c75651.png

Edited by tremor

spacer.png

Morpeth Town - Part 5 - Champions

Season 16 - 2037/38 - Premier League - 1st (Community Shield, Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup)

Table - Best XI - Europe

An unbelievable season, with a lot of the praise due to our only first team signing. We picked up young striker Enrique Molina for £84m - a club record - from Dortmund. It felt like a bit of a risk, we scored a lot of headed goals where this kid is small and quick, and my scouts rated him similar to van Dalfsen (but with higher potential) - which is fine, though not quite what I was hoping for when looking for a big name striker, but we aren't in a position to throw £150m+ at the already established players. His first month or so was OK, scoring a few goals but getting low ratings when he didn't score, however as the season went on he progressed rapidly. By Christmas we were 10 points clear, and got to a gap of about 17 when the title was won - this closed off a little bit later on as we gave the kids a few chances and focused on the other comps.

Our Champions League group was Milan, Marseille and Rosenborg, relatively straightforward and we won it with a game to spare. Round of 16 put us against PSG - they still dominate French football but they aren't the European powerhouse they usually end up becoming (and as it happens Lyon are defending Ligue 1 champions this year), it was a favourable draw and we won 3-0 away then put the reserves in to see it out. Barcelona in the quarters was a similar story, nothing to worry about really (the top level teams currently in my save are Juve, Bayern, the Manchesters and Newcastle, plus ourselves) - won 4-0 at home and rotated heavily after. The semi final against Juventus was a thriller - 1-0 down, 2-1 up, 3-2 down (end of first leg), 5-3 up, 5-5 to then win 6-5 in the 90+2nd minute. In the final, against our neighbours Newcastle, we win 2-0 with our record signing getting both.

Enrique Molina

KLFC_logoSM.png.63b6bcee685dc3431ad5bfd254f313d7.png

Kings Langley- 2026-27 1st Season Championship

To say it was a turbulent season would be understatement. Before the first transfer window went, we lost our Mexican Wonderkid- Marcelo Flores- to the Premier for 16.5 Million. The transfer fee was nice, but I had been counting on him on our strike force and we were left seriously short on forwards. 

Midseason found us with only one loss, but in 7th place due to 13 draws. Our backline was not performing well and Aaron Maguire was not providing his usual solid backstop play as we continually gave away late equalizing goals in an intensely frustrating manner. Our poor form was made worse by the loss of Aaron Maguire for an extended period for a groin injury. At the same time our backup keeper, Aboubakar Bamba, was away on International duty for the African Cup and 3rd string keeper Scott Moloney was also injured. We were left with 4th string keeper- 18 year old Gaston Folia- who is on loan from Manchester City for a three week stretch until Moloney gained enough fitness to take over. At the same time we lost Tyrese Omotoye to injury and wound up loaning Abu Kamara from Norwich as we ran out of strikers. 

A consortium, headed by Tycoon Ashley Griffin (I guess Tycoon is relative in this case as it wasn't a Saudi Oil Baron level of windfall-but for me it was still the first time ever in FM where I received the Tycoon notice on the club purchaser) came along and after protracted negotiations purchased the club. Because of the sale of Flores, we weren't carrying any debt, but the financial additions provided from the purchase were still well received. Since we had moved to VNL, we had been using Billericay's New Lodge as our home stadium. The new owner gave us an immediate improvement in our training facilities and after a request- we will have new grounds of our own as the stadium is being built. He also approved another round of improvements on our training facility, which is needed as we suffered from a lot of training injuries this season.  He also granted us the ability to establish an affiliate club and Chelmsford City in VNL-North immediately benefitted when we were able to get Vladimir Bocanegra a Work Permit as we loaned him for the rest of the season. 

image.png.1526de2f1f56f6e2f3d94dada0e86108.png

image.png.6b0fd0d9af1e378d4a764c4f721007f1.png

My General Manager- Robbie Savage- earned every accolade I can give him and lifetime employment at Kings Langley when he came to me with a suggestion to purchase a player we hadn't scouted and I had no knowledge of-- 23 year old Brazilian DC Weverton. Weverton had been purchased by Lille from Cruzeiro, but had only played two matches the previous season and none this season. He was unhappy, but not transfer listed, so Savage's suggestion came out of the blue. One look at his attributes was enough for me and we landed him for 2.7 Million. He is right now the highest paid player in the club and was worth it for the improvement he brought to our backline play. Taylor Foran is a fine player, but Weverton paired with Zach Awe brought us the stability we needed to improve our defense and we started turning draws into wins in the second half of the season. Our other big January transfer addition was another favorite of mine- 20 year old Scottish SC James Taylor from Motherwell for 2.7 Million. Taylor's attributes can vary from save to save, but this version is a deadly striker who perfectly fit into our forward rotation of Omotoye, Layton Stewart and Kamara. 

The money from Flores' early season sale also provided us with another boon, as I allocated a big chunk to our scouting budget- after the Board approved scouting in Europe. I had completely forgotten about how good Asec Mimosas could be as a club for youngsters until Robbie Savage had suggested adding Aboubakar Bamba as our backup keeper in the preseason. With enough money on hand, I sent our Chief Scout Paul Molesworth there to scout the club itself and I was stunned that no other Euro clubs were there. We now have three youngsters coming here- no Work Permits again, but I don't care- as I think all three will wind up as Wonderkids and we didn't have to compete with the big clubs to sign them, so they are all on cheap transfer purchases- DL Junior Bah, DC Franck Diallo and AMC Abdul Kipre. 

image.png.b83ae10e84fbfb4943baedeee8f84a64.png

Our 2nd half improvement brought us into the thick of the title race. Brighton, whose Wingers Demarai Gray and Said Benrahama make more than our entire club, was cruising atop the table and it was a five-way shoot-out for the 2nd spot between us, Fulham, Bournemouth, Leeds and Nottingham Forest. With four matches remaining, we had moved into 2nd place with Fulham right on our heels.

image.png.b2369b81701806896aa4adb1263d03b1.png

A damaging last minute draw against Sheffield Wednesday hurt us, as we gave away a win with a foolish foul that gave them the equalizer on a penalty. We scored a revenge win against Stoke as they had crushed us 8-1 in a FA Cup 3rd Round replay earlier. That left us badly needing a win against 23rd place Blackpool. We went ahead twice and they equalized twice on defensive miscues. Tyrese Omotoye finally put us in the lead to stay in the 83rd minute and we held on to achieve Promotion as Brighton drew and Fulham lost. That left us with a final match trip to Brighton needing a draw to win the Championship. We didn't get it- a header from Demarai Gray was the only goal as they edged us 1-0 to capture the crown. 

image.png.c93b7ebabab81e191ed92068dfdf2784.png

Our top players were
Tyrese Omotoye 21 goals 5 assts
Layton Stewart 16 goals 8 assts
Armstrong Oko-Felix 11 goals 7 assts
Nile John 5 goals 11 assts 7.37 Av rat
Aiden Mesias 5 goals 9 assts 8 MOM 7.57 Av rat
Bob Bell 6 goals 8 assts
Zach Awe 7.37 Av rat
Jack Scott 7.33 Av rat
Weverton 7.11 Av rat

End of Season Review

Season 2029/30

Kings Langley

Season Summary

A exceptional season where we once again qualified for the promotion playoffs which we won, securing our place in the Premier League.

Season Details

League Table - For the first time since I arrived at the club, we failed to improve our position from last season, finishing fourth for the second year in succession.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Whilst we were never in the hunt for automatic promotion, we did chip away at the playoffs and qualified with a game to spare.

Promotion Playoffs - A very hard fought win over Norwich City over two legs in the semi final set up a final against Brentford.  After a one all draw after extra time, it went to penalties and we held our nerve, winning the shootout bu four goals to three.  Premier League here we come!

F. A. Cup - A tough draw against Tottenham Hotspur saw the club eliminated at the fourth round stage.  We did take them to a replay after an excellent draw away.

Carabao Cup - A convincing loss at home to Championship promotion chasers Brentford saw the club eliminated at the third round stage.

Pre Season Friendlies - We lost five games, including the last four friendlies as we struggled somewhat.

Squad - Our squad is much better than last season

Squad Dynamics - It is marvellous.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - The transfer record was broken three times as some real quality was brought in with the funds raised from player sales.

Transfers Out - We sold not one, but two players for eight figure transfer fees.  Both were sold for £10m each, raising some much needed transfer capital.

Youth Candidates - Without question, this is our best intake to date, with Welsh left back Matty Smith YP30A19 looking like an incredible prospect.

Finances - Thanks largely to player sales, we are back into the black.

Key Players

Josh Martin - It was another tremendous campaign from the winger.

Cody Drameh - Versatile full back who can play on either side, he is usually deployed at left back and he never let anyone down.

Tim Davies - The Welsh Under 21 international central defender signed on a free transfer from Manchester United.  He got better as the year went on.

Giovanni Demichelis - The Italian striker completed his third season on loan and is so good for us.  He has another year on loan and then his loan will be made permanent with us for a transfer fee of £5m.

Patrick Boonstra-Tahboun - Dutch central midfielder signed on loan for a season from Feyenoord.  He had a good season.

Next Season

I just want to survive.

Personal Coaching Data

2028/29    Decent  = (3.00*) =   Continental Pro  =  13 =  13 =   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  14 ↑  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  15 ↑  18 ↑
2029/30    Okay    ↑ (3.25*) ↑   Continental Pro  =  13 =  14 ↑   5 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  13 =  13 =  14 =  14 =   1 =  11 =  12 =  12 =  20 =  17 ↑  19 ↑

Club Facilities

2028/29    Adequate ↑           Below Average ↑        4 ↑     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional ↑↑     National = (2.50*) =
2029/30    Average ↑            Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.00*) ↑

Season Record

2028/29      53        25        9        19          84             62                 +22               47.17% ↑
2029/30      55        29       11        15          91             53                 +38               52.73% ↑

Overall Career Record

2028/29         401       227       72      102         787             447                +340               56.61% ↓        2,520 days
2029/30         456       256       83      117         878             500                +378               56.14% ↓        2,898 days

Transfer Purchase Record

22 August 2008     Jack Stephens             Central Defender       Sunderland                   England                       £350,000
 1 January 2029    Marino Pešić              Striker                HNK Hajduk Split             Croatia                       £650,000
22 January 2030    Kevin Zefi                Winger                 Shamrock Rovers              The Rebublic of Ireland       £700,000
30 January 2030    China                     Central Midfield       Ceará Sporting Club          Brazil                      £2,900,000
30 January 2030    Charlie Webster           Central Midfield       Crystal Palace               England                     £4,100,000

Transfer Sale Record

19 July 2028       Claus Pachonik            Right Wing             Queens Park Rangers          England                     £9,000,000
25 Janaury 2020    Leo Castledine            Central Midfield       Reading                      England                    £10,000,000

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2028/29           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  4th ↑     Third Round ↓               Third Round ↑     Lost in semi final of promotion playoffs.
2029/30           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet Championship                  4th =     Fourth Round ↑              Third Round =     Promoted via promotion playoffs.

Edited by DazRTaylor

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2030/31

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2031

Key Players: Dominic Thompson ~ Keston Charles ~ Kyle Docherty ~ Scott Breese ~ Tyler Morton

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-Championship_-Stages6835f259848c

Results: Championship I ~ Championship II | FA Cup | EFL Cup

So this season we had finally found where our level was, it was back in League One! I tried so many things this season and finally found something that semi worked in the second half of the season. If I'd of used the same tactic throughout, I'm not saying we would of survived but it would of been much closer. We had 8 points come the end of the first half of the season which left us a massive mountain to climb and left me somewhat frustrated. We managed to pick up 21 points or so in the second half of the season. I was happy with how we played throughout the season but as you can see defensively we just didn't have the pace going on to concede 100 goals, we were also unable to take many of our chances that we created. Going in to next season I'll be generally looking to keep this squad together and fill the gaps where loanees are leaving, hopefully make a play-off push.

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2031/32

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2032

Key Players: Kyle Ackroyd ~ Kyle Docherty ~ Pete Cable ~ Rob Ramsdale ~ Aaron Kerr

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-League-One_-Stages1addb5a91ab6f7

Results: League One I ~ League One II | FA Cup | EFL Cup | EFL Trophy

Wow, what a season this one was all round! As you can see from our league position history we got off to a very good start and faded off quite dramatically. We never made it back to the automatic promotion spots until the final day of the season. This was mostly due to games being postponed for us due to waterlogged pitches and us have 3/5 international players away so for the majority of the season we had 2 or 3 games in had which we didn't catch up with until later on in the season. Even on the final day we were in 4th position and needed results to go our way and that is exactly what happened! I fear we will come straight back down again but I'm ready to give it another shot, we also had decent runs in the FA Cup and FA Trophy sadly though we couldn't draw any of the top teams in the Premier League.

Oh since it's the internet and people get accused of cheating, I hadn't saved the game since beginning of March and have only saved it 87 times in over 550 games.

Off the pitch we made a few improvements too, getting a solidarity payment of close to £5,000,000 it gave us a chance to upgrade our facilities etc. For now I'm trying to get everything to at least adequate and we have done that our training facilities should be finished in the next month or two.

Also I think a few things are off in my Career Stats, as I holidayed some games in the Championship to get fluidity with new tactics and the game must not count them anymore, I'd have played way more than 47 games overall in the 2030/31 season.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

576108266_CareerProgress.thumb.png.e36249c0cb101715593c31dbd1531cb4.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

504529584_CareerStats.png.7cf8a647f27faa83b1d4dfd1b6cf1c42.png

Edited by Crowy

With me stupidly losing my Kings Langley save just after finally winning promotion to the top flight, I go again.  As usual, I am always drawn back to FC United.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

REyg1aU.png

Personal Coaching Data

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Edited by DazRTaylor

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

Premier League
2029/30

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - a considerably better season as we finished in a very impressive 6th place also qualifying for the Europa League.

FA Cup - Fixtures - lost another bloody final, this time to Arsenal.

EFL Cup - Fixtures - poor exit to Newcastle early on

Finances -  we're in the money

Transfers - some improvements here and there, shifted some not-quite-good enough players, broke our transfer record

Squad

Key players:

Djurandy Hasselbaink - good season from the ex Den Haag centre half

Sam McMillan - solid again from the Scot

Leyrielton - great again

Jim Hinchcliffe - a bargain £1.3m signing from Melbourne Victory a couple of seasons ago, now an England international and in demand

Daniel Williams - our record breaking £18.75m signing from Crystal Palace, already a great partnership with Hinchcliffe

Special Mention Youth Product

Gunther Ilmer - our Austrian keeper spent the season on loan at Millwall having a great season, being capped by Austria and no.15 in the "best wonderkids" list.  Will be in the first team, probably as our cup and Europa League keeper, for the coming season.

Future: we relocate to our 2nd new stadium, with less half the capacity of Craven Cottage so an expansion is on the way.  With European football next season I am going to increase the squad which was a little small at times.

2029/30		PL		6th		runners-up	3rd			-		Lost in FA Cup final again

959363427_EnglandUnder21svMaltaUnder21s_Review.thumb.png.9751b88101b60f2d6ddc3cfe113ef728.png

Daniel Williams scores 9 goals in this :eek:

EDIT: seems he also scored 6 in a 14-0 win earlier on against Malta.  Englands U21 record for the 2031 U21 tournament - currently played 8, win 8, goals for 65, goals against 2 :lol:

Edited by Crispypaul

Season 8 - League One - 18th

A tough season as our board was reluctant to let us go over the FFP limit despite it not doing anything to us since all our transfers are free transfers and we can't pay wages high enough for it to cancel any transfers. As such, we struggled along in lower mid-table all season and after an injury to our top goalscorer and only non-youth GK late in the year we won only 3 of our last 19 league games. None of the players I signed did particularly well, other than the ones who were already on loan with us last year. I don't expect our FFP budget to be much higher next year since our attendance is still lowest in the league. The end of season balance is worrying as the money we are getting from the FA doesn't come close to covering our expenses (despite no youth coaches or players, and being the cheapest team in the league in general). Not sure if we'll be any better next year; I am letting a lot of players go who weren't very good this year but I'm running out of quality Welsh players who are willing to drop down to League One. 

Year League Position Cups Training Youth Junior Recruitment Attendance (Cap) Badges Transfers (In-Out) Top Scorer Most Assists Av. Rating Clean Sheets End of season balance Total wages
2029/2030 League One 18th CC - 1st round, PJT - Group Stage, FAC - 1st round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 2309 (9470) Continental B 10 - 8 (+£2.8k) Matt Lloyd - 14 Lewis Jarman - 10 Joe Llewellyn - 7.36 (41) Evan Watts - 13 (£560k) £26.5k p/w
2028/2029 League Two 2nd CC - 1st round, PJT - 3rd round, FAC - 1st round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1747 (10000) Continental C 11 -11 (+£63k) Matt Lloyd / Bobby Nicholls - 23 Oli Ewing - 15 Joe Llewellyn - 7.56 (42) Evan Watts - 21 £18k £18.2k p/w
2027/2028 Vanarama National 6th FAC - 1st round FAT - 3rd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1078 (10000) Continental C 7 - 2 (£0) Adam Roscrow / Ryan Hillier - 14 Ryan Hillier - 11 Meilyr Edwards - 7.39 (46) Dave Richards - 19 £54k £10.2k p/w
2026/2027 Vanarama National 6th FAC - 4th qual. FAT - 4th round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1064 (10000) Continental C 6 - 9 (£0) Ben Ashworth - 35 Daniel Malone - 14 Harri Barnett - 7.44 (45) Dave Richards - 17 £52k £8.4k p/w
2025/2026 Vanarama National 3rd FAC - 4th qual. FAT - 4th round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 1113 (10000) National A 10 - 4 (£0) Ben Ashworth - 27 Jamie Thomas - 14 Harri Barnett - 7.50 (45) Dave Richards - 16 £272k £7.7k p/w
2024/2025 Vanarama National 18th FAC - 4th qual. FAT - 4th round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 836 (10000) National B 13 - 15 (+£3.6k) Connor Salisbury - 18 Josh Esen - 7 Harri Barnett - 7.44 (28) Matthew Turner - 11 (£101k) £5.5k p/w
2023/2024 Vanarama North 7th FAC - 1st round FAT - 3rd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 735 (10000) None 12 - 17 (£0) Josh Esen - 18 Cameron Barry - 14 Connell Rawlinson - 7.45 (47) Joshua Hutchings - 17 (£130k) £5.1k p/w
2022/2023 Vanarama North 20th FAC - 2nd qual, FAT - 3rd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 659 (10000) None 14 - 4 (£0) Ian Traylor - 14 Liam Thomas - 8 Ryan Bassett - 7.10 (42) Joshua Hutchings - 10 (£42k) £4.0k p/w

League Table

Squad Stats

Transfers -

KLFC_logoSM.png.63b6bcee685dc3431ad5bfd254f313d7.png

Kings Langley 2027-28 1st Season Premier League

There was more roster turnover this summer, as we prepared for our inaugural season in the Premier League. Because our stadium won't be done until 2028, we are sharing Craven Cottage with Fulham- who gained the 3rd promotion slot out of the Championship with their play-off win over Sheffield Wednesday. Fulham spent 165 Million in transfer fees to bolster their club for the return to EPL. We had a much more modest transfer budget of 24 Million total and wound up spending just under 18 million for the players to boost our club.

In:
Zach Awe (750K from Watford) that was a good piece of business as we originally sold him to Watford for 1.5 Million and got him back for half of that.
Tomislav Duvnjak (1.3 Million from Watford) 24 year old Croatian midfield that we immediately offered a transfer bid after listing by Watford. Hard working, hard tackling midfielder.
Agustin Lopez (2 Million from Colon) with Aiden Mesias leaving us, I went looking for another center mid that was good at set pieces. 24 year old Argentinean Lopez was perfect for us and will be a key player.
Max Normann Williamsen (Loaned from Napoli for 850K fee) 24 year old Norwegian centerback that I want permanently, but there were other clubs very interested in him and I didn't want to take the chance of protracted negotiations- so I loaned him with an eye toward a permanent move.
Neco Williams (7 Million release fee from Preston) 26 year old Welsh D/WBR that is a favorite of mine. Jack Scott has done well for us, but Williams is a huge addition for our club.
Joel Bagan (2.5 Million from Stoke) 25 year old Irish D/WBL is our highest wage player, but it was worth it to add him. Like Scott/Williams on the right- Hugo Bueno is a good player on the left, but Bagan is an excellent player.
Hari Gould (2 Million from Arsenal) 19 year old Welsh M/AMR who could also play at forward in a pinch. Gould is depth at the moment, but he could develop into a key player for our future.
Callum Williams (1.4 Million from Arsenal) 20 year old M/AML who we had loaned in each of the last two seasons. When Arsenal indicated they would be willing to let him go for a reasonable cost, we immediately bid on him. He will be the depth behind Vladimir Bocanegra on left wing.
Will Jaaskelainen (550K from Nottingham Forest) 28 year old Finnish keeper is good enough to be a starting keeper in EPL, but for now he is just a hedge against Aaron Maguire not performing well. I wanted a solid alternative and Jaaskelainen is it. 
Elkan Baggott (600k from AFC Wimbledon) I may have overdone it in getting Baggott for depth in central defense, but I couldn't resist the 24 year old Indonesian/English DC inexpensive fee for a solid EPL level defender. 
Gaston Folia (750K from Manchester City) I liked the 19 year old Argentine/English GK when we loaned him last season, so was pleased when Man City agreed to sell him inexpensively to us. 
Franck Diallo (300K from Asec Mimosas) The first of our 3 highly touted youngsters to arrive from Asec Mimosas. I immediately loaned him to French Ligue 1 club RC Abidjan for the season to get him on the way to a Work Permit. Now that we are a Premier club, it is easier to get loan deals for the youngsters who don't yet have Work Permits and Mauricio Munoz and Alex Moreno are both finally on loan toward gaining a WP.

Out:
Aiden Mesias (free transfer) Our Skipper got unhappy with me over playing time early last season and made it clear that he would not re-sign with our club after the season.
Ayo Tanimowo (free transfer) Not in our plans at all at this point.
Aboubakar Bamba (500K to Manchester United) After signing Jaaskelainen, Bamba was excess. I was surprised how many bids I received on him and Man U was his chosen destination.

Just an FYI. I was a long-time poster in FM Stories forum and decided I will post the Kings Langley debut season in EPL in there for my first story in several years, so if you want to follow along on a closer basis come visit the best place to enjoy FM Stories :)

430675629_KirkThompson_Home.png.89458e5ac98a80479dcb5018a559c4b1.png

2025-26 Season Review

Another strong season after continuing to pick up great talents discarded by premier league clubs, our attacking and pressing intent seems to just catch out the league when we get promoted... it seems really weird but it's got us up to the championship with consecutive promotions so fingers crossed it works again next season. We really do need to build a new stadium though, we're currently still stuck in Gigg lane, so hopefully the cash from the championship will help get that rolling, the club and board do seem keen to invest and also continue to invest heavily in staff and we continue to have amongst the best back room teams in the league even though we've only just gone up to the champ. I'm not sure we're really ready for the prem yet so this might be a good opportunity to stabilise and build. Hopefully we can have a few more cup runs this year, we did great last year Carabao quarters, decent ish run the FA and winner of the Papa Johns. 

Onwards and Upwards!

862289429_Radcliffe_Competitions.thumb.png.59215fdde95f9bf1cbe30f746a2bdd32.png

1605690053_KirkThompson_Profile-6.png.10a98830a3b7d7eb60a4631bc953a5ec.png

Season 9 - League One - 6th (promoted)

Strangest season yet. Didn't expect too much as we were beaten to the signatures of many of the players I wanted, but we were able to get a striker being released from Manchester United's academy who I thought could solve some of the scoring issues we had last season. He ended up tied for 3rd in the league in goals. Things were looking up as we were able to loan in some decent looking players for the first time in a while; most usually say our team is too terrible to want to join us. Mixed results from the first three loanees; two were ever present but only slightly above average rating while the third was so bad that he was dropped to the bench after a couple months. We also broke our club record to sign a CM (£13.75k) from TNS who was not very good for most of the year... until a bit later on. Morale took a huge hit right before the start of the season as our top player from the last two seasons was sold out from under me by the board, who felt £175k was too good to turn down. He made 11 appearances for his new team in the Championship with poor results, I might see if he's available for loan next year. I had to scramble to find a replacement, and settled for loaning in the CB who we had failed to sign over the summer. He had been dumped from Arsenal's academy but Middlesbrough had offered him a better deal than we could. They didn't feel he was ready for the Championship, so he came down to League 1 and had the highest average rating in the league and joint highest player of the match awards. Top of the table was tight all season, with none of the playoff teams falling below 7th after week 20:

image.thumb.png.5474a5cf5c74dbba37b56b45186ba576.png

5 of the 6 playoff teams actually held the top position at some point after the first of January; both Millwall and myself having rather poor runs of form late in the year, but they were able to go up in 2nd while we ended up 6th. Only 4 points separated us, and we actually had a decent chance at an auto-promotion spot with 5 games remaining. We had a game in hand due to playing in the Papa John's trophy final, but managed 6 points (1 win, 3 draws, 1 loss) from our final 5 games. 

In the playoffs we drew Portsmouth. Our usually defensive style held well in the first half but we allowed a goal in the 62nd minute. A goal that I thought looked good was ruled out for an offside player, but we managed to get one in the 90th minute to take a first leg draw. I didn't feel good about our chances in the second leg, but I also didn't feel terrible. We conceded the fewest goals in the league this season, so I thought we could scrape a 1-0 if things went well. In one of our best performances of anti-football all year, Portsmouth failed to register a single shot on target while we turned 5 shots and 0.27 xG into a win. The other team in the Final would be Charlton, who had also struggled their way into the playoffs. After going behind after 8 minutes I was pretty worried; scoring a lot is not our strong suit. At halftime it was still 1-0, so I changed from a formation with a DM to another we use with an AMC when we need to be more attacking. As part of this, our loanee Nathan Morgan, who had scored the only goal in the first Semi Final leg, came off for record signing Kevin Roberts. Roberts has technical skills well beyond this level but had flopped up to this point. In 34 games he had provided just 3 goals and 2 assists. Hardly what I expected from a guy I thought would be our most creative. He was a different player in the Final, though, making a late run into the box to equalize in the 61st minute. A tense half hour after that led to extra time and ten minutes into the first period of extra time he popped up again, making a fantastic forward run to double his tally. From there it was business as usual for us; sit back and watch them waste possession on low percentage shots. Only one particularly late attack looked to be any danger, and it ended with a header over the bar. 

Our money issues were nearly solved; we went from over 1 million in the red at the end of April to around 150k by the end of May. Haven't advanced too far just yet to see what FFP will cap us at next year in the Championship, but some decisions need to be made. Players with currently expiring deals are: both CBs (1 loan, one permanent), LB (loan), both CM (one loan, one permanent), RB, backup GK, and we have 4 backups who are only here on non-contract deals. We have a chance to completely restructure the team again, but as always it depends on the quality of Welsh players being released. 

We had our first postponements for international duty this season as our starting GK is usually on the bench for Wales and we had 4 players who played somewhat regularly for Wales U21s. Nothing good through the academy yet; I need to get some actual cashflow before we can upgrade facilities.

League Table -

Season Stats -

Transfers -

2030/2031 League One 6th CC - 1st round, PJT - Final, FAC - 2nd round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 2497 (9470) Continental B 7 - 3 (+£161k) Ryan Watts - 26 Lewis Jarman - 15 Kieron Lowndes - 7.49 (45) Evan Watts - 23 (£142k) £36.6k p/w
2029/2030 League One 18th CC - 1st round, PJT - Group Stage, FAC - 1st round Poor Poor Adequate Fairly Basic 2309 (9470) Continental B 10 - 8 (+£2.8k) Matt Lloyd - 14 Lewis Jarman - 10 Joe Llewellyn - 7.36 (41) Evan Watts - 13 (£560k) £26.5k p/w

Decided to have some fun with this challenge, although not following the rules 100%

I vacationed 22 years into the future so the game was all regens, and picked the least accomplished promoted team.  Found St Neots Town.

They had one season in the National North about 9 years previous in the game, but has spent most the time below that.  (I'm not really sure why it didn't keep track of 21-37....now that i look at it)

image.thumb.png.d70cc5f5ff25b1dd44bc8388679f146c.png

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Promotion by securing the title, lifting the F. A. Trophy and a deep run in the F. A. Cup.  If Carlsberg did football seasons...

Season Details

League Table - We were always in the top few places and once we hit the top spot, we never relinquished it.  The title and promotion were secured on the final day of the season.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - As usual, consistency was the key as we churned out the wins.

F. A. Cup - We endured a cracking cup, reaching the third round before being outclassed at home by Championship side Nottingham Forest, going down by three goals to nil.

F. A. Trophy - We were rarely troubled en route to the final, where we met Aldershot Town, who play in the league above.  A convincing performance and a drubbing by five goals to one, enabled the club to win the trophy and complete a league and cup double.

Pre Season Friendlies - With nine games played and with six wins and three defeats, it was a comfortable pre season campaign.

Squad - We already have a lot of quality and I am only going to add to it.

Squad Dynamics - It is just lovely.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - As is the norm when I start at a club, I overhauled the squad, bringing in plenty of free transfers and loans.

Transfers Out - I cleared out the old guard, who are just not good enough, yet were on big wages.

Youth Candidates - Steven Way YP23B2, who plays on the left wing, is the best player from an excellent intake.

Finances - Thanks to our high attendances, we made a good profit this year and have a healthy bank balance.

Key Players

Rhys Bennett - It was an exceptional campaign from the central defender.

Billy Chadwick - He is so versatile, he can play in four positions that I use.  Played very well wherever he played.

Kris Moore - Central defender who arrived on a free transfer in November and who is the best defender at the club.

Matt Butcher - A January signing on a free transfer, the midfielder was superb.

Jack Young - Playing in either the anchor role or in central midfield, the twenty two year old was very reliable.

Next Season

I feel we can achieve another promotion.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

2022/23      61        43       11        7          142             44                 +98              70.49%

Overall Career Record

2022/23          61        43       11        7         142              44                 +98               70.49%            329 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

13 November 2022   Andrew Nelson             Central Defender       Notts County                 England                         £4,700
10 January 2023    Jack Bearne               Right Wing/Striker     Walsall                      England                        £12,750

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x F. A. Trophy (2022/23)

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Another highly satisfying season, with promotion to the Football League and two good cup runs.

Season Details

League Table - We were neck and neck with Notts County until they dropped away in the closing stages and we won the title and promotion to the Football League with two games remaining.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Some disappointing dropped points, but overall, a highly successful campaign.  We scored twenty five goals in our first three home league games.

F. A. Cup - We again reached the third round and this time we had a bumper payday, as we were drawn away to giants Chelsea.  Whilst we obviously lost, we did make over £600,000 from the tie.

F. A. Trophy - We were on for a successful defence of our trophy but Scunthorpe had other ideas, beating us over two legs in the semi final, by four goals to three.

Pre Season Friendlies - A mixed bag, with four losses in our twelve games.  Still, it could of been worse.

Squad - We are more than good enough to compete in the Football League.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect after such a good season.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - Once more there was quite a few arrivals, all of whom were either free transfers or loans.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - The club record was broken again as several players departed.

Youth Candidates - Scottish left back Dale Stone YP24E15 is the brightest prospect out of a tremendous intake.

Finances - A nice healthy balance that has allowed some upgrades to the academy.

Key Players

Billy Chadwick - It was another season with double digit goals and assists for the winger.

Brad Young - A sensational season from the striker, scoring 38 goals in 43 appearances.

Angus MacDonald - Veteran centre back signed on a free transfer who added some much needed experience to the back line.

Danny Amos - In his second season at the club, the left back was once again very reliable.

James Olayinka - Nigerian central midfielder, signed on loan for the season from Preston North End.  He had a terrific campaign.

Next Season

Another promotion run?

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B    ↑↑     6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑     9 ↑   9 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Excellent ↑        Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

2022/23      61        43       11        7          142             44                 +98              70.49%
2023/24      56        39        9        8          133             46                 +87              69.64% ↓

Overall Career Record

2022/23          61        43       11        7         142              44                 +98               70.49%            329 days
2023/24         117        82       20       15         275              90                +185               70.09% ↓          674 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

13 November 2022   Andrew Nelson             Central Defender       Notts County                 England                         £4,700
10 January 2023    Jack Bearne               Right Wing/Striker     Walsall                      England                        £12,750
12 January 2024    Kris Moore                Central Defender       Motherwell                   Scotland                       £40,000

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       Third Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a =         Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy semi finals.

Edited by DazRTaylor

44033270_KirkThompson_Home.png.2b6f8bec60a2ffc5be94563b2129055d.png

Radcliffe Season Overview 2026-27

Well that went pretty well, i think getting people in early in the transfer window really helped and also securing a good loan striker because i literally couldn't buy anyone half decent. Still picked up plenty of great free signings that had been discarded by premier league clubs although i still ended up having a much smaller squad than everyone else, i only used 24 players all season which i think indicated how lucky we were with injuries.

Absolutely stormed the first half of the season and people couldn't handle our attacking intent, baring the odd draw (usually when we were tired) it was amazing to see how we coped with the step up, we began to falter a bit after christmas and lost a few but still comfortably won the league. I really think that having such a competitive championship means that all the top teams take points off each other and once we got our noses in front even when we dropped points all of the clubs around us did. I'm pretty sure were not going to find the same in the Prem but i'm going to stick with my high tempo, swashbuckling attacking swagger and see where it takes us (hopefully not straight down!).

Cups not so good this year, but again i think not going so deep into them after christmas really helps when you have such a small squad.

The board has been outstanding, i think this has been the most supportive board i have used in any of these challenges over the years, literally everything i have asked for they have done including constantly putting staff on training courses... the only think we can't seem to crack is getting a new stadium but i'm hoping a season in the prem will fill the coffers enough, we're getting at least 10k crowds every game at the moment.

I would really recommend this club to anyone just starting out on this challenge, especially if you are looking to go and do the youth challenge as they have been really supportive of that as well.

Fingers crossed for the next year 

1029228629_Radcliffe_Competitions-2.png.5b5b87cee07ce10d5e74a8af7eb0d778.png

1507870943_KirkThompson_Profile-7.png.757c08f419654b1a1ef5fd7cb14f9ef9.png

Statement From The Chairman

SEASON FOUR (2025-26)

A 3-0 loss to Dulwich Hamlet gave us a start off the wrong foot, but we quickly recovered and went on to capture 10 points from our first 7 matches in August, putting us about 6 games ahead of where we started our VNL campaign the prior season.  August was one of two months in which we lost 2 league matches (also lost a pair in December, after a bit of injury difficulty), and we managed to put together several stretches of matches w/o losing to compensate (twice putting together 10-match unbeaten stretches in the league).  These stretches pushed us up the table, and by late November we were well out of the relegation battle.  By late January, we were solidly in the run for a playoff spot, and with seven matches to go we were pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.  While we were never in the running for the title (which Yeovil, just down from L2, won with 101 points), we still had a goal --- top 3 and a playoff bye.  It was touch and go until the end, with Gloucester dropping points late to allow us to take 3rd with 2 matches to play.  It still wasn't settled until the final matchday, where we managed only a draw against Solihull Moors.  Fortunately, Gloucester didn't capitalize, and we achieved our goal, finishing 3rd for our best ever finish.

Ebbsfleet (7th) did us a great favor by beating Gloucester in the opening round of the playoffs, and we efficiently dispatched them in turn (2-1, with DC Jake Rooney opening the scoring w/ only his 2nd goal of the season, pegging Ebbsfleet back immediately after they had scored from a corner in the 8th minute)), while AMC Finley Thorndike completed the scoring just in front of the hour mark.  The win would set us up for back-to-back Wembley appearances (as we would be playing in the FAT Final as well) -- and a much needed cash boost to boot.

The playoff final set us up against a red-hot Southend team.  Southend had finished 2nd, chasing Yeovil all the way to the end, finishing w/ 98 points.  The also easily won their semi-final matchup vs Chesterfield (5-1) --- we were certainly going to have our work cut out for us here.  The match was, all things considered, fairly even, with both sides making probing attacks, but it was Southend who struck first in the 57th minute.  Things go hectic from there, as we pressed for an equalizer, but instead gave up a penalty in the 80th minute.  Down 2-0 and with time running out, things looked grim.  We finally grabbed a goal in the 3rd minute (of 5) of stoppage time to at least claim something from the match.  It was a well fought battle, but, in the end...... wait.  SIX minutes into stoppage time, we are suddenly awarded a penalty of our own, and right winger Leo Gaxha cooly equalized!!!  Extra time, and a new breath of life!  And, it didn't take long for our momentum changing equalizer to pay off --- with Midfielder Keaton Ward bending a free kick over the wall and into the top corner of the net from 26 yards in the 5th minute of extra time to take our first lead.  We would go on to heroically defend for 25 minutes to claim the precious win, promotion to the league proper, and professional football status!  What a first match at Wembley!

Three weeks later we were back at Wembley, this time for a FA Trophy final against an FC Halifax team which we had not beaten in three attempts.  And, despite their VNLN status, they put up a fight, and it came down to an 85th minute penalty, coolly slotted home by my free-kick specialist Callum Gribbin, before we could claim a 1-0 victory and our first piece of silverware since I had taken charge 4 seasons prior.

This sets us up for league football.  The board approached me the next day to take us professional, something very welcome indeed.  Oh, and this was the season we finally had a takeover, with our original chairman finally retiring 2 years after his announcement.  It was only a fans trust, and they took out a 400K bank loan (charged to the club of course) in order to make the purchase.  So, our 300K cash debt was exchanged for a 400K loan.  The double-Wembley appearance, however, gave us a healthy balance of 300K.  Unable to upgrade our training facilities, we settled for upgrading our youth level (our U18s finished 3rd for 2 consecutive seasons, so I'm hoping some tougher competition will help them grow quicker).  We've gotten a couple more staff positions as well.  However, disappointingly, our wage budget of 12.5K isn't much of an increase (up from 10.5K, though we were only spending about 8.5K, so we have a little room).  Worse, we have a transfer budget of....  1.01K.  Uh.... really?  Well.... we'll be looking thru the free agent market again, and maybe look for some useful loans as well.  (Incidentally, it looks like our wage budget, if we spend it all, will put us at just about 50%..... of the 23rd place team in terms of salary per anum).

The only real good news is.... no stadium upgrade.  We didn't make an upgrade when we first entered the VNL, and the board exercised their right to delay the upgrade in the 2nd year, so we were looking to be stuck in a 1000/3500 stadium.... but the news came down we are now renting Giggs Lane (11,376 all-seater) for only 21.27k/yr --- so that will be a big boost I think.

Now onto the off-season --- and trying to strengthen the squad.  We only have to be better than two teams to survive!  (Oh... and we're opening the season with back-to-back matches against Barrow -- league and Caribou Cup.  Barrow being predicted to finish bottom third...so it isn't as bad as it could!

Season  Team         League     League Position (Pred)  Prom    FAT    FAC     PJT    League Cup   Europa II    Europa Lg     Champions Lg    Comm Shield   
2022/3  Radcliffe     VNLN             10(23)             N     2Rd    1Rd
2023/4  Radcliffe     VNLN              4(14)            Y(PO)  3Rd    4QR
2024/5  Radcliffe     VNL              15(23)            N      5Rd    1Rd
2025/6  Radcliffe     VNL               3(23)            Y(PO)  WIN    1RD

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2032/33

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2033

Key Players: Adam Brindley ~ Kyle Docherty ~ Matt Dale ~ Tyler Morton ~ Aaron Kerr

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-Championship_-Stagesbcb90335e9ac

After our dismal showing in the Championship a couple of seasons ago we had a much better performance this time around, picking up wins more consistently. Of course we still had our bad spells as you would expect but we responded to them much better this time around. This squad is most certainly performing above their abilities and long may it continue. Not much else to shout about for this season in terms of update we had decent cup runs and our training facilities were update but other than that a good solid season. Financially we're doing okay, we're consistently in debt at the end of the season though and then solidarity payments/revenue always seems to see us in the green ready for the season after.

HEDNESFORD TOWN 2033/34

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2034

Key Players: Jay Campbell ~ Keiran Fletcher ~ Kyle Docherty ~ Perry De Bourg ~ Bernard Hay

LEAGUE TABLE

Sky-Bet-Championship_-Stages18a6748647c3

I'm so pleased with the season we've had but gutted also, we are no where near ready for the Premier League but getting to a play-off final and the other team going down to 10 men after 40 minutes then losing, just stings a little. We made some very good improvements to the team that should set up the club financially for the long term.  Going in to next season I'll still be happy with a mid table finish, if we can achieve anywhere near this season it will be excellent. I'll need to make some changes to the team too because Kyle Docherty has accepted a contract from West Brom instead of us for next season, which being a Wolves fan annoys the hell out of me as I love Docherty. We were very poor in cup competitions this season which may of well contributed to our good season, but being only able to sign UK&Ire players, patience is the game here.

CAREER PROGRESS

(Click to View)

440300976_CareerProgress.thumb.png.e8b7d8117574ac0eb30614d0aef864e1.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1895162383_CareerStats.png.88933b4e2d71723eb38fde5c130db457.png

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

Yet another season of triumph as we won the league title and promotion to League One.  A decent showing in the F. A. Cup was the icing on the cake.

Season Details

League Table - Promotion was secured with four games remaining and the league title was wrapped up with three matches to go.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We didn't win any of our first eight games and I was genuinely worried.  We recovered in style though and went on a long unbeaten run.

F. A. Cup - For the third season running, we made it through to the third round.  We got another plumb draw, Liverpool away, and not surprisingly we lost by four goals to nil.

Carabao Cup - A loss at home to top flight Wolverhampton Wanderers in the second round put paid to any hopes we had of a cup run.

Papa John's Trophy - After coming second in our group, we qualified for the knockout stages.  Unfortunately, Manchester City's kids proved to be too strong and after a home defeat in the second round, out we went.

Pre Season Friendlies - With five defeats in our twelve games, it was disappointing preperation for the new campaign.

Squad -We have a lot of quality though I am aware of our aging defence.

Squad Dynamics - It is still rather nice.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I am yet to spend a penny in transfer fees as all new arrivals were either free transfers or loans.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - The transfer sale record was broken three times as players on the fringe, together with those who whinge, were moved on.

Youth Candidates - It was another good intake, with goalkeeper Paddy Gooch YP25A22 looking like the best prospect.

Finances - We are now in the red and the forecast is that it is only going to get worse.  I may need to sell some players to balance the books.

Key Players

Angus MacDonald - The vastly experienced central defender had a great season and has had his contract renewed.

Miguel Layún - Veteran Mexian international full back, who can play on either side, who has been a revelation.

George Williams - Experienced right back who played way above himself.

Alex Pritchard - Another veteran, he primarily plays on the right wing and he was terrific for us.

Luiz - Signed on a free transfer, the Brazilian teenager has been converted into a central midfielder and has adapted well.

Next Season

I have no idea.  I would obviously love to go up again, though it fully depends on recruitment.

Personal Coaching Data

2022/23    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   National B    ↑↑     6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (2.25*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑     9 ↑   9 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  16 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑
2024/25    Nominal ↑ *2.75*) ↑   Continental B ↑     10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑

Club Facilities

At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Excellent ↑        Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2024/25    Basic =              Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

2023/24      56        39        9        8          133             46                 +87              69.64% ↓
2024/25      55        34       12        9          118             56                 +62              61.82% ↓

Overall Career Record

2023/24         117        82       20       15         275              90                +185               70.09% ↓          674 days
2024/25         172       116       32       24         393             146                +247               67.44% ↓        1,050 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Transfer Sale Record

12 January 2024    Kris Moore                Central Defender       Motherwell                   Scotland                       £40,000
 9 June 2024       Danny Amos                Left Back              Exeter City                  England                        £68,000
17 June 2024       Callum Jones              Central Midfielder     Burton Albion                England                        £79,000
15 January 2025    Josh Eppiah               Left Wing/Striker      Southend United              England                       £325,000

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2024/25    Sky Bet League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2024/25)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy semi finals.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round =               Second Round      Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy second round.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Crispypaul
Harrow Borough

Premier League
2030/31

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - more improvement as we made our way to a 3rd place finish and Champions League football next season

FA Cup - Fixtures - finally broke our duck with 2 injury time goals in the final to beat Chelsea

EFL Cup - Fixtures - our first major silverware with an extra time defeat of Tottenham

Europa League - Table | Fixtures - a group of Rosenborg, Lyon and Maccabi Haifa proved to be straightforward.  A tough 2nd knockout round fixture appeared to be Seville but we thrashed them away and despite the home defeat in the 2nd leg progressed to the quarter finals.  Roma were our opponents there and a high score draw in Italy was followed by a win back in Harrow to progress.  Espanyol were our opponents and a comfortable home win followed by a draw in Barcelona led to a final against Napoli.  Two early goals were enough for a surprise European title.

Finances -  ludicrous, am about to max out facilities

Transfers - had a net spend for once

Squad - also I had three players in the Nx Gen list including two youth products

Key players:

Leyrielton - still great, finally capped by Brazil

Jim Hinchcliffe - an elite striker now and won the Kopa Trophy

Daniel Williams - amazingly prolific but weirdly not getting an England call up

Nico Schlotterbeck - I don't usually pay £15m for 31 year olds but he was a vast improvement to our defence

Boris Aleksiev - a bargain £4.3m from Ludogorets in January brought the winger over

Future - we've got a stadium expansion so are at Stamford Bridge until March.

2029/30		PL		6th		runners-up	3rd			-		Lost in FA Cup final again
2030/31		PL		3rd		Winner		Winner		Won Europa League

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

FC United of Manchester

Season Summary

One of my best ever seasons.  We won the League One title and the promotion that comes with it and made it into the last eight in the F. A. Cup.

Season Details

League Table - Promotion was secured with five games to go and we secured the league title with two matches remaining.  Exeter City had a shocker!

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were dominant virtually from the start and churned out the wins.

F. A. Cup - Our best cup run to date as we made it all the way to the quarter final, knockout out two Championship sides en route, both of which we won away from home.  Liverpool proved too strong in the quarter final, however.

Carabao Cup - A narrow defeat at home to top flight Sheffield United ended our interest in this cup at the second round stage.

Papa John's Trophy - I fielded reserve sides in the competition and it showed, as we finished bottom of our group and progressed no further.

Pre Season Friendlies - It was a pleasing pre season campaign as we lost only two of our ten matches.

Squad - We have enough quality for a mid table finish in the Championship but need some significant upgrades to finish higher.

Squad Dynamics - As lovely as ever.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - We finally splashed out on a transfer fee, though the vast majority of arrivals were still either free transfers or loans.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - We once again broke our transfer record twice, both for seven figure deals.  We were struggling financially, so these were essential to the club.

Youth Candidates - Not an exceptional intake but enough quality for professional contracts to be offered.  The best of the bunch is Kenyan striker Leonard Ochieng YP26A32.

Finances - Thanks to the cup run and player sales, we have a good bank balance.

Key Players

Luiz - Brazilian central midfielder who was an absolute revelation.

Josh Martin - Natural on either wing or in central midfield, He had a serious injury and missed a large chunk of the season.  Our form was patchy without him, such is his importance.

David Cavaco Silva - Teenage Portuguese youth international central defender signed as one for the future.  He was forced to play early doors and he played so well, he retained his place for the season.

Leighton Clarkson - The midfielder had a fine season, despite being in a massive sulk for most of the campaign as he wants a new contract.

Karl Jakob Hein - Estonian international goalkeeper signed on a free transfer from Arsenal as a backup.  His form was so good, he quickly became the undisputed number one.

Next Season

I will take a mid table place and anything else is a bonus.

Personal Coaching Data

2024/25    Nominal ↑ (2.75*) ↑   Continental B ↑     10 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  10 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑
2025/26    Okay    ↑ (3.25*) ↑   Continental A ↑     12 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑

Club Facilities

2024/25    Basic =              Adequate ↑             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Regional = (1.50*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Adequate =             4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional ↑      Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

2024/25      55        34       12        9          118             56                 +62              61.82% ↓
2025/26      57        37       10       10          114             57                 +57              64.91% ↑

Overall Career Record

2024/25         172       116       32       24         393             146                +247               67.44% ↓        1,050 days
2025/26         229       153       42       34         507             203                +304               66.81% ↑        1,407 days

Transfer Purchase Record

1 January 2026    Antônio Francisco         Central Defender       Botafogo Futebol Clube (SP)  Brazil                         £73,000

Transfer Sale Record

9 June 2024       Danny Amos                Left Back              Exeter City                  England                        £68,000
17 June 2024       Callum Jones              Central Midfielder     Burton Albion                England                        £79,000
15 January 2025    Josh Eppiah               Left Wing/Striker      Southend United              England                       £325,000
13 January 2026    Alex Carey YP23A1         Defensive Midfielder   Watford                      England                     £1,300,000
 2 February 2026   Philippe                  Striker                Brentford                    England                     £3,000,000

Trophy Haul

2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2024/25    Sky Bet League Two
2025/26    Sky Bet League One

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Sky Bet League One (2025/26)
1 x Sky Bet League Two (2024/25)

Career Overview

2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Third Round =                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy semi finals.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League Two                    1st ↑     Third Round =               Second Round      Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy second round.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Sky Bet League One                    1st ↑     Quarter Final ↑             Second Round =    Promoted as champions.  Papa John's Trophy group stage.

Edited by DazRTaylor