Either I am a tactical genius or FM22 is to easy.

2 minutes ago, (sic) said:

3d5cc993bd845501e7451d2d41e80a21.png

1st season with the club.

As a Red Star supporter I could see us getting more points in this group than we have in recent times (we have beaten Liverpool in their CL winning year), but I still believe we'd finish 4th. 

We are doing very well in the Europa League and have a pretty strong side (probably our best since 1991), but this is unrealistic for sure.

I haven't played enough to pass judgement, but for me every version before this one has been way too easy. I usually spend some time improving the game world in the editor. Think of club reputations, AI manager skills, backroom staff of my main rivals, chairmen, league reps, transfer preferences, etc and by my final game in FM 2021 I had created a more challenging game world, which I enjoyed very much. The main thing is to make AI managers more attacking and have them use the press. This made a huge difference.  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Piksi#10 said:

As a Red Star supporter I could see us getting more points in this group than we have in recent times (we have beaten Liverpool in their CL winning year), but I still believe we'd finish 4th. 

We are doing very well in the Europa League and have a pretty strong side (probably our best since 1991), but this is unrealistic for sure.

I haven't played enough to pass judgement, but for me every version before this one has been way too easy. I usually spend some time improving the game world in the editor. Think of club reputations, AI manager skills, backroom staff of my main rivals, chairmen, league reps, transfer preferences, etc and by my final game in FM 2021 I had created a more challenging game world, which I enjoyed very much. The main thing is to make AI managers more attacking and have them use the press. This made a huge difference.  

Currently the game has tons of issues, from lack of central play, to unrealistically high pass completion and possession numbers for weaker teams, then comes this. I've beaten Villareal both times, 1-1 Draw and 2-1 win against United, 2-0 defeat and then a 2-0 victory at home vs Atalanta.

I'm not using some crazy unrealistic exploit tactic, but the game definitely feels easy during beta.

Zivkovic looks pretty good in game and I've been playing him as a striker (at least until Ohi comes), he's got 5 goals in CL and 10 goals in the league so far.

We certainly do have a strong side, as far as I can tell player attributes have improved from FM21.

38 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

The way people talk on here, you’d almost start to believe that SI have some difficulty setting baked-in into the game somewhere. And that they can tweak that and toggle or increase it or decrease it as they please. Granted, I’ve not played FM since the debacle that was FM19 that put me off the game for good. 
But unless they have changed things significantly, there is no tweak to difficulty between betas and alphas and release versions. All of that is mere speculation, conspiracy or placebo. None of that exists. I’ve been a part of this forum for years and years even on my older account that was deleted eons ago. None of this difficulty tweak exists. No SI employee has admitted to it. It’s never been in any patch notes. It’s never been tweeted out. Nothing of the sort that they’ve said points to any difficulty setting. 
All people have speculated is that starting with a high rep makes things easier at first (although even that is debatable as the expectations are increased with higher rep selected at start). 
That’s why these kind of threads though they always seem to pop up at every launch of the game, never proves anything. 
It’s all just pointless…

But the game has been too easy, for a number of years now. This shouldn't be a new complaint.

It seems like there are less obvious ME flaws than there used to be but the AI is still far too passive, and it's still far to easy to setup a basic, positive tactic and win. Whichever team you're playing with

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

6 Outfield players on attack duty, no defensive role in a 2 man midfield which would also see your ball winning midfielder leave his position to close down SHOULD see you getting spanked by any decent team. 4 attacking players congesting the centre of the pitch should also be less than optimal although clearly AI teams cannot handle central overloads.

And it probably would get spanked by any sort of aggressive tactic, but problem here of course is that AI never opts for one when it's a big underdog. When facing an elite team like United, it will just roll over with some sort of Cautious/Defensive Mentality and have zero ambition to attack, so user can often throw everyone forward at no cost.

That's just a fundamental problem with how Mentalities are designed in FM. In real life, cautious/counter-attacking teams actually attack in a very expansive way (fast, high-risk transitions from defence to attack), whereas in FM it's the exact opposite. Teams on Cautious/Defensive Mentality will just keep the ball forever and defenders will keep passing it short rather than clearing it long, which then results in them having 95% pass completion and 65% possession (see thread below). Changing something like this would probably require a complete overhaul of Mentalities and it's becoming pretty clear that's not something very high on the list of SI' priorities.

14 hours ago, starbugg said:

West Ham lost 2-1 to a great injury time goal and a few days later West Ham beat MU at Old Trafford 1-0

"Manchester is clearly the better team and is expected to win. Even playing one man down" haha very funny.

They are clearly better though?

Everyone knows that with a competent manager they'd be, at least, challenging for the title with this squad. In FM, funnily enough, the manager is taken out of the equation. 

3 minutes ago, Simsimmabrfc85 said:

Give your self a challenge then start as Norwich see if you walk the league then. It will always be easy as Man utd as there very OP and always have been.

I see this argument on a lot this forum and I don't get it, is managing a big team "easy"? Should I have to manage a lower league team to actually have a challenge?

22 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I see this argument on a lot this forum and I don't get it, is managing a big team "easy"? Should I have to manage a lower league team to actually have a challenge?

I think the point is that you're always going to do a lot better as a top team. If the game was really as easy as some are claiming then you'd be able to dominate with poor teams with minor changes into dominant ones.

9 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I feel like England is just overrated as a whole. Every FM, England outperform others in Europe whether it’s champions league or Euro Cup. 

England probably have the best national team talent pool currently in the world bar maybe France and their team is more aging, whereas most of England's talent is like 18-24 that is coming through, they've hit semis of the world cup, final of the Euros, got the nations league final before that. 

An English team has appeared in 3/4 of the last Champions league finals, and two of those finals were all English teams.  An English team has also appeared in 3 out of the last 5 Europa league finals as well. 

The best teams in Europe over the 2-3 years have clearly been Man City, Liverpool and Bayern, plus European giants like Barca, Real, Juve are all going through transition.

Football generally goes through cycles with one league or nation being more dominant, it's pretty clear that currently that is England and the PL, the money also dominates, mid table English clubs can pay wages that only top teams in other leagues can pay. 

23 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

This IMO, every FM for like the last 3-4 years they win the league at a canter most seasons under the AI from what I see, real life as we can see they struggle most of the time to be around the top 4. Just won the league in my save by 10 points.

I would say it's their researcher consistently over rates their players (which looking at some of them I think is true, like Greenwood the last two years is pretty much is a elite level striker almost immediately, but IRL he is a good but inconsistent prospect, 1 year in my save he has 18 finishing, 17 pace, 18 acceleration, is either footed, and 16 technique, which equals or betters Halland in many areas. No way Greenwood is as good a finisher as Haaland, but in game he is) and I think the game engine under rates like teamwork, work rate, determination, positioning, bravery, consistency etc. because Man Utd overall should be pretty poor at that, they clearly are a bunch of individuals who don't work particularly hard or that well in a team. (plus some of those attributes are clearly too good on some of their players)

One reason I use fan made updates. Some them underestand this and will tone down this. I have always thought that todays younsgers are so overvalued with stats and close to WC wiht their CA, but reallity there is long way to go.

3 hours ago, Peter G said:

The same England that reached the final of the Euro's and the Nations League last time. And the Semi-Finals of the World Cup?

The same England that has seen two all-England finals in the Champions league in the last four years? And 5/8 spots. Granted, English teams don't do as well in the UEFA Cup but it was still 3/8 and an All-English final.

The last four season have seen a big up-tick in English performances. If this was 2012-17 you'd have a point.

This have been going on in FM for at least 10 years. Recent success is kind of irrelevant because this was also a problem back in FM 12-17…

1 hour ago, bobbyb12345 said:

If the game is truly easy as what people claimed, then people should not have any problem managing any team. But if you manage the big team fairly easily and face difficulties with a lower league team then you should ask yourself whether the game is truly easy or it is you in the comfort zone that makes you feel the game is easy.

11 часов назад, GreenTriangle сказал:

Test
I used a relatively weak team (Naxara, Spanish 4th league. Media prediction : 15th). I also chose a template (tiki taka) that requires good players.
What happened ? Table after 10 rounds :

xsDYPsZ.jpg

After the 10th round we changed "defensive line" (from much higher to standard) and "line of engagement" (also from much higher to standard). There was an effect of this change, but not really singnificant :

y97RaO7.jpg

Is this normal ? Of course not. I have to specify something: a maximum of 22 players can be registered in the Spanish 4th league, and towards the end of the season injuries seriously affected some important players.

So ... is it that the game is "too easy"? Not. Version xx.0.1 (beta) has always been "easy". In fact, it is clear that the ME has not yet been completely balanced. The beta version is used to correct various malfunctions that may occur.

Example 1 : I have 3 central defenders in the squad, and none of them is very good (not even for the 4th league level). But I have almost the best defense in the league and, more importantly, the ratio between shots on target and total shots on my target is only 27%. Normally it should be around 40% (and, given the quality of the players, even higher than 40%).

YXQ2iqB.jpg

Example 2 : my midfielders are at an average qualitative level. They should normally have serious difficulties when they are under pressure ... but they are not. Opponents' pressing is weak or (sometimes) non-existent.

ulLjjes.jpg

Example 3. I don't have very good strikers. I also don't have very good wide midfielders. But ...

YwrSonO.jpg

Normally, only the best teams in the league could create more than two CCCs per game. My team is not very good at all ... but it has created, on average, no less than 2.4 CCCs in every game.

I don't want to say that I "know" what's happening, but I think it's something about pressing. The AI does not react correctly, does not cover all areas of the pitch and is particularly vulnerable in the middle zone (DC - DM - MC). It also tends to pass to wide midfielders even when the AMC or strikers are free. In FM21 direct (and long) passes to STC's were excessively frequent. Now, the AI insists on pass to flanks even when the a pass to an unmarked striker is clearly the better option.

Can you please report this in Bug Forum may be? It will be useful for devs to explore it before full release 

2 hours ago, samuelawachie said:

The way people talk on here, you’d almost start to believe that SI have some difficulty setting baked-in into the game somewhere. And that they can tweak that and toggle or increase it or decrease it as they please. Granted, I’ve not played FM since the debacle that was FM19 that put me off the game for good. 
But unless they have changed things significantly, there is no tweak to difficulty between betas and alphas and release versions. All of that is mere speculation, conspiracy or placebo. None of that exists. I’ve been a part of this forum for years and years even on my older account that was deleted eons ago. None of this difficulty tweak exists. No SI employee has admitted to it. It’s never been in any patch notes. It’s never been tweeted out. Nothing of the sort that they’ve said points to any difficulty setting. 
All people have speculated is that starting with a high rep makes things easier at first (although even that is debatable as the expectations are increased with higher rep selected at start). 
That’s why these kind of threads though they always seem to pop up at every launch of the game, never proves anything. 
It’s all just pointless…

When the AI doesn’t exploit your mistakes nor attack you, you really don’t need a difficulty setting to outperform the AI…It’s not about a setting but how the AI is using low risk mentality with too many low risk roles not creating anything. Which is more evident when you are a favorite or even a slight underdog. You would see this if you played any of the last FM’s.

1 hour ago, bobbyb12345 said:

Yea and the only reason it’s more “challenging” is because you’re a weaker team to start and the AI will attack you…Which will not last long depending on your experience with the game.

4 hours ago, bobbyb12345 said:

Basically, yes.  Though not necessarily a lower league team - there are plenty of challenges in top leagues.  The "difficulty" setting in FM is the team you choose to manage.  By choosing Man Utd (or any rich team with an already great squad) your difficulty setting is Easy.  

38 minutes ago, stevedaytona said:

Basically, yes.  Though not necessarily a lower league team - there are plenty of challenges in top leagues.  The "difficulty" setting in FM is the team you choose to manage.  By choosing Man Utd (or any rich team with an already great squad) your difficulty setting is Easy.  

That’s not a fact. It’s only easy to manage a top team because you are a favorite and the AI will not attack you and just sit back. Top teams have harsher club vison but it’s currently easy to achieve because of what I already mentioned…

Also, I urge everyone to track the team report of every match. Check your next opponent and see their expected tactical style. I’ve personally never seen a team set with attacking. Heck I’ve even seen favorites listed as cautious at home despite the manager wanting an attacking play style. Something clearly isn’t right.

Data Hub > Next Opp > Overview 

Expected Tactical Style

5 hours ago, Simsimmabrfc85 said:

Give your self a challenge then start as Norwich see if you walk the league then. It will always be easy as Man utd as there very OP and always have been.

Oh so its my fault for playing with a team I support?

Shame on me I guess,

I am currently in January 2nd and I won ALL my games so far. It should not be posible with any team in any league.

In the 21 version(And before) I played  big and small teams from all over the world and it was never that easy.

It feels like I am cheating and its a valid concern as a paying customer for 17 straight years now.

Edited by SergeiG

21 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

So basically gegen press despite new engine and tweaks is still OP. Well I choose not to use it to make the game harder. Otherwise it's boring just plug and play with gegen press. 

I really wonder how effective gegenpress would be against a human player who won’t just soak up pressure all game. The stamina loss is there, inaccuracies and mistakes in the game could be approved but I am guessing that the main problem is that the AI just sit back.

11 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I really wonder how effective gegenpress would be against a human player who won’t just soak up pressure all game. The stamina loss is there, inaccuracies and mistakes in the game could be approved but I am guessing that the main problem is that the AI just sit back.

I wonder if there's something we can do in the editor? There are a few non-player attributes that look like they could be relevant such as pressing or sitting back. 

5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

This IMO, every FM for like the last 3-4 years they win the league at a canter most seasons under the AI from what I see, real life as we can see they struggle most of the time to be around the top 4. Just won the league in my save by 10 points.

I would say it's their researcher consistently over rates their players (which looking at some of them I think is true, like Greenwood the last two years is pretty much is a elite level striker almost immediately, but IRL he is a good but inconsistent prospect, 1 year in my save he has 18 finishing, 17 pace, 18 acceleration, is either footed, and 16 technique, which equals or betters Halland in many areas. No way Greenwood is as good a finisher as Haaland, but in game he is) and I think the game engine under rates like teamwork, work rate, determination, positioning, bravery, consistency etc. because Man Utd overall should be pretty poor at that, they clearly are a bunch of individuals who don't work particularly hard or that well in a team. (plus some of those attributes are clearly too good on some of their players)

Post this in the Manchester United data forum. 

32 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

Oh so its my fault for playing with a team I support?

Shame on me I guess,

I am currently in January 2nd and I won ALL my games so far. It should not be posible with any team in any league.

In the 21 version(And before) I played  big and small teams from all over the world and it was never that easy.

It feels like I am cheating and its a valid concern as a paying customer for 17 straight years now.

Doesn't it get boring playing Man U every FM? 

Give yourself a challenge? 

Or set up rules.. don't play gegen press? 

Or only buy British players. 

The game is only as easy as you make it. Stop moaning. 

8 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

I wonder if there's something we can do in the editor? There are a few non-player attributes that look like they could be relevant such as pressing or sitting back. 

I think there’s a Smart AI patch/add on that was created by someone in the community (certainly used one for 21, anyway), not sure of the specifics and I don’t think it solved the issue by any stretch but helped a little with that and variety of AI formations.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

That’s not a fact. It’s only easy to manage a top team because you are a favorite and the AI will not attack you and just sit back. Top teams have harsher club vison but it’s currently easy to achieve because of what I already mentioned…

Also, I urge everyone to track the team report of every match. Check your next opponent and see their expected tactical style. I’ve personally never seen a team set with attacking. Heck I’ve even seen favorites listed as cautious at home despite the manager wanting an attacking play style. Something clearly isn’t right.

Data Hub > Next Opp > Overview 

Expected Tactical Style

This might be some sort of bug, post it in the bug forum so it can get looked at. It might get missed here.

25 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

Didn"t I just said "In the 21 version(And before) I played  big and small teams from all over the world and it was never that easy."?

And I am not sure what gegen is. I just made a tactic and ran with it. I am not a very good tactitian, so for me to create a tactic and win with no afort at all 0-7 Vs Liverpool and 0-6 Vs Chelsea is crazy.

30 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

This is a lame excuse tbh. A team like Man U should be a challenge in itself considering how underwhelming they have been IRL. This line of thinking basically saying stay clear of Barca even though they are in a rebuild in real life and definitely should be an interesting save in FM. No one should have to play with an obsecure team just to get enjoyment which only last after the first 2 seasons anyways.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

This is a lame excuse tbh. A team like Man U should be a challenge in itself considering how underwhelming they have been IRL. This line of thinking basically saying stay clear of Barca even though they are in a rebuild in real life and definitely should be an interesting save in FM. No one should have to play with an obsecure team just to get enjoyment which only last after the first 2 seasons anyways.

Indeed. Managing a big club should be a huge challenge. Creating a SAF type dynasty should be one of the games hardest accomplishments considering how few managers in real life have ever accomplished sustained success in one club.

However, instead of it being a challenge, the suggestions in this thread to make it a challenge are things like...don't gegen press, only buy British players ect. Which kind of says everything about where the game is at in regards to managing a top team. I can see why SI do what they do, they would get slaughtered if managing a top team was in anyway tricky as the complaints would be a lot louder than the subject of this thread. I said somewhere on page one that I will wait for the release of the in game data editor and nerf my team (Man Utd) and roleplay my own dramas about players falling out with me, or other team mates. Or top players attributes falling off a cliff after a bad injury or age, or a wonderkid not actually fulling their potential.

I would rather the game create these kinds of narrative itself, to a far greater degree than they currently do as all of the above can happen, but its few and far between in longterm saves.  Least it's an option and in my eyes my saves become more reflective of the real life situations I see and read about at top clubs every day / week/ month and season.

Not sure what I think about this.

My first attempt was PSV, I've set up a pretty bad, overly attacking tactic and got destroyed 7-5 (!) by Hercales in the first league match. CL Qualifiers also saw me getting disappointing results.

Second attempt was with Maccabi Tel Aviv, one of the top two sides in Israel.

Maccabi did win the league a few years ago with season records like 27-8-1 and and 26-9-1, so I can't say my results are completely unrealistic - but it is quite a stretch. 

image.thumb.png.6d0251cb98e0e38ad173fd3258ee5f4b.png

image.thumb.png.a4e85dfbd574604fa111c18c24a44376.png

image.png.fe99ec225d5715f263b89a17d4a10058.png

image.thumb.png.2930ec8630b2f52dbc81d98cf7d67f56.pngNot sure what I think 

Edited by Chris2509

Man Utd (Ronaldo and Greenwood in attack) and Liverpool (the defence is insane) seem very overpowered.

But yes, just as the last few editions were easy thanks to the gegenpressing exploit, this one hasn't been too challenging so far.

First season I tried was with Everton. A few loans to fill out the squad and I came fourth ahead of Man City with a cautious DM 3-5-2. Richarlison top scorer, Digne top assister, just amazing as LWB.

Now I've started a season with Newcastle for a laugh. Cleared out the staff and squad and bought a bunch of Brazilian and Portuguese guys.
Top of the league and unbeaten after 17 games with what is still a pretty midtable squad lol...

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 22.26.46.png

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 22.26.24.png

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 22.30.13.png

Just to pitch in, I started the beta with Newcastle, banned first window transfers to make it more realistic and by 1 January 2022 I was 4th, with that awful squad. I was playing a 4-2-3-1 gegenpress most of the time, with some use of a 4-4-2 wingplay which works better away at the big teams. I barely tweaked the 4-2-3-1. I thought it would be fun to try and struggle through to January  and then go mad in the transfer market.

Well I signed 13 players in January replacing a player in every position except ASM and Dubravka... you'd think changing your entire team mid season would mean a transition  phase while the players get used to each other and my style... Well nope, I'm beating nearly everyone in my path by mid February and am firmly in the title race sitting in 3rd on a 10 game unbeaten run. Not quite the challenge I expected and I've kind of lost interest in the save already.

I also do not agree with this idea that the beta/demo is always easier than the full game, I can't say I've ever thought that to be the case from my 24 years with the series. I think it's just a common myth.

Do I think the game is too easy, especially with certain tactical styles? Yes.

Do I think this will change drastically in the full release? Absolutely not

Test

Let's presume I'm a beginner. I'm not a MUFC fan, but I like the team they have. So I will play as MUFC manager. But what tactics should I use ? I saw a tactic proposed by SergeiG, so I will use it, but since I don't know how to use team instructions, I will avoid using them. So it will be a "4-2-3-1 clean slate" tactic.

(I went on holiday pana la 31 decembrie si am folosit "reject all offers" / "use current match tactics")

What's happened ? 4th place (first attempt), 2nd place (second attempt). A similar number of points, a similar goal difference. Interestingly, Liverpool, who use gegenpress by default (because of Klopp), had a very good season in the first attempt and a rather weak one in the second. Could it be that "trigger" that can (or sometimes doesn't) affect the results of those teams that use "excessive" high pressure ?

ulwhJgE.jpg

But, wait, I don't like clean slate. I want team instructions. What instructions ? I don't know, but I have a list of templates. I'll choose the first option in the list, ie "control posession" :

s1tOjAo.jpg

Wow, it's much better now ! My team scored 60 goals ! The only problem is, again, Liverpool. Which can keep me from winning the championship as long as that trigger isn't activated.

:lol:

I think a new approach would be needed in press conferences.
Question : "What do you think about X ?" (this X being the manager of the team I am fighting for winning the title).
Answer : "He's a good manager, but I will definitely become his supporter if he'll use gegenpress at maximum intensity during all the games that his team will play until the end of the competition".

Edited by GreenTriangle

This complaint happens every single year just after the beta release. 

Funnily enough it always seems like its players playing with the big clubs that are making the complaints. Havent seen anyone playing with a team like say, Gatehead, complain that the game is too easy. Im playing as Schalke myself and leading the league by a game, with no transfer budget and hardly any wage space. But its been quite challenging so far to keep getting results. Was lucky to get through the 1st round of the cup after being behind to a team last in the division below, until the 90th minute, then sealed the win with a penalty in extra time. But i guess thats just my experience

37 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

This complaint happens every single year just after the beta release. 

Funnily enough it always seems like its players playing with the big clubs that are making the complaints. Havent seen anyone playing with a team like say, Gatehead, complain that the game is too easy. Im playing as Schalke myself and leading the league by a game, with no transfer budget and hardly any wage space. But its been quite challenging so far to keep getting results. Was lucky to get through the 1st round of the cup after being behind to a team last in the division below, until the 90th minute, then sealed the win with a penalty in extra time. But i guess thats just my experience

Started a save earlier to test with Kidderminster Harriers (predicted 9th) in follow up to my earlier post. 4-2-3-1 Attacking Gengenpress, no alterations, no transfers.

Played: 12

Won: 10

Drawn: 2 (I should have won these too, but missed too many chances)

Lost: 0

Goals for: 29

Goals against: 8

1st in league, 5 points clear.

(FA Cup, played 3 won 3 also)

Comparing teams from different leagues is a very dicey business, since the CL, given that it is a knockout tournament in the later stages, is not a very good basis for comparison. Teams that reach the latter stages of the CL are usually very close in terms of ability, and usually, it is small differences or some ingenious tactical approaches that win you games. In this regard, I wouldn't say that English teams are OP, but more that Spanish and German teams are rather underpowered. Bayern Munich has the quality to make really deep runs in the CL, yet in my FM21 saves they rarely reached the semis. Same for Barca, Madrid and Juventus. They are at most a couple of players, or a managerial change (in the case of Barca) from becoming a very serious contender for the CL. Yet this is not reflected very well in FM. The players in these teams are usually weaker than their English counterparts, even when there is pretty much zero evidence of that (Griezmann's work rate of 15 in FM21, which is an objectively wrong call tbh, or Pedri having pretty much bottom of the barrel defensive attributes in FM21 as well).

People also seem to underestimate the effect a good manager can have on a team. No one would have said that players like Gnabry, Goreztka, Kimmich were amongst the best in the world before Flick took over and now they are consistently rated as amongst the best players in their position. Another example is Chelsea. How many Chelsea fans, let alone other football fans, would have thought that Tuchel would transform Rudiger into a monster of a player and completely turn their season around.

Another reason I can think of why English teams play so much better is because the game still overemphasizes physicality and downplays the importance of technical and mental attributes, at least in my opinion. Given that English players have really good physical attributes, they usually run roughshod over other European teams, who may have players who are more of a cerebral kind and relying on their excellent ability on the ball or their ability to read the game.

On 25/10/2021 at 00:59, Bradley21 said:

The Man United researcher is terrible, and the fact that the stats get signed off on is crazy. It's been this way for years though so nothing will change. 

Have you offered the Man Utd researcher in the Beta EPL Database forum with detail/evidence for him to consider to the contrary? 

Mid-year SI give each team a scaled CA squad target based upon their current performance/record that researchers have to hit and not exceed. Last year Man Utd were second in the EPL so their CA would have been logically set quite high. Liverpool had a poor second half of the year and scraped third place - this was reflected in the teams CA being lower than the previous year when we won the Premiership.

(Can't believe I'm sticking up for Man Ure here) :ackter:

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

Last year I took Peterborough from League One to 9th in the Premier League in four seasons. That included back to back title wins after losing in the play off final in my first season. That felt too easy. It was done with preset tactics and 'abusing' the loan market. 

My second save was with Kings Lynn. No preset tactics, not using the player search facility, only signing players I had scouted, no senior affiliate to get quality loans from. It was a struggle and after 8 seasons I was languishing in League Two and going nowhere. 

I think sometimes you have to make it difficult for yourself if difficulty is what you want. Managing United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and complaining that the game is too easy doesn't sit right with me, especially if you've been playing this game for years. Take charge at some little second tier Colombian side, go manage in Latvia or the bottom tier in Germany. There are so many challenges out there to find where you'll be surrounded by players you've never heard of. 

3 minutes ago, superposh said:

Last year I took Peterborough from League One to 9th in the Premier League in four seasons. That included back to back title wins after losing in the play off final in my first season. That felt too easy. It was done with preset tactics and 'abusing' the loan market. 

My second save was with Kings Lynn. No preset tactics, not using the player search facility, only signing players I had scouted, no senior affiliate to get quality loans from. It was a struggle and after 8 seasons I was languishing in League Two and going nowhere. 

I think sometimes you have to make it difficult for yourself if difficulty is what you want. Managing United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and complaining that the game is too easy doesn't sit right with me, especially if you've been playing this game for years. Take charge at some little second tier Colombian side, go manage in Latvia or the bottom tier in Germany. There are so many challenges out there to find where you'll be surrounded by players you've never heard of. 

But managing United, Liverpool, City or Chelsea should be a challenge too...

Edited by bobbyb12345

1 hour ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Have you offered the Man Utd researcher in the Beta EPL Database forum with detail/evidence for him to consider to the contrary? 

Mid-year SI give each team a scaled CA squad target based upon their current performance/record that researchers have to hit and not exceed. Last year Man Utd were second in the EPL so their CA would have been logically set quite high. Liverpool had a poor second half of the year and scraped third place - this was reflected in the teams CA being lower than the previous year when we won the Premiership.

(Can't believe I'm sticking up for Man Ure here) :ackter:

Even when Man U were a Europa level team they kept dominating the league in the older FMs. Could be that their players stats are favoured more by the engine somehow.

1 minute ago, backpocket said:

Even when Man U were a Europa level team they kept dominating the league in the older FMs. Could be that their players stats are favoured more by the engine somehow.

Can't alter past FMs but there is a chance that FM22 could be discussed further during its lifecycle. Not sure how (or why) Man Utd's stats could be favoured over other teams stats tbh.