*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

That's why most of the time I don't give a ***** about press conferences... Usually they ask stupid questions and stuff about other clubs. The only time I attend to one is when I see they'll ask about another club interest in one of my players (another stupid thing, the ass-man will always say the player is available) and before big matches.

I can understand that, after a while you just go through the motions and click your way through conferences. Still, I attend them since I try to have a high realism gameplay and conferences are (unfortunately) a part of that.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Prej said:

I can understand that, after a while you just go through the motions and click your way through conferences. Still, I attend them since I try to have a high realism gameplay and conferences are (unfortunately) a part of that.

Yes! I like to attend all of them just because it brings more reality to the game, but is quite often frustrating to see the questions don't make sense at all. I guess if there was a way to "instruct" the ass-man to say what we wanted to say in those conferences it'd be very helpful.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Yes! I like to attend all of them just because it brings more reality to the game, but is quite often frustrating to see the questions don't make sense at all. I guess if there was a way to "instruct" the ass-man to say what we wanted to say in those conferences it'd be very helpful.

I love them personally. I never really get anything that have been mentioned in the last few posts. The one thing that annoyed me last year was having to hold a press conference for a bench player I’ve just signed. 

Maybe some of the quirks people are seeing are bugs and maybe needs to get reported?

I have a very small sample size so far, but it seems like players no longer drastically decline after 30. My 36 year old (14 determination) DL is getting slower, but his mentals and technicals are actually improving. A big " :thup:".

Edited by Viking
spelling is hard

Press Conferences can help you maintain good morale in your squad - and good morale effects results; plus help you to improve your attributes and relationships with agents, journalists and your personality. Few years ago, I was negative in my most answers which was effect my personality and had problems to control my players.

Before you go to delegate something or not answering or answering in negative way, make sure that effect other things in your attributes.

When will player interaction and selling players stop being an absolute joke?

I transfer list a player who doesn't want to leave, several teams make the offer, he rejects everyone.

And that keeps going on for a month.

I remove him from the transfer list and right after that he's unhappy because I treated him unfairly and hands in transfer request.

Same price, I accept. But now not a single team is willing to make an offer, even when I lower the price significantly.

When I ask him to try and find a new club, he says he has no intention of leaving.

But he handed the transfer request himself. :lol:

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

When will player interaction and selling players stop being an absolute joke?

I transfer list a player who doesn't want to leave, several teams make the offer, he rejects everyone.

And that keeps going on for a month.

I remove him from the transfer list and right after that he's unhappy because I treated him unfairly and hands in transfer request.

Same price, I accept. But now not a single team is willing to make an offer, even when I lower the price significantly.

When I ask him to try and find a new club, he says he has no intention of leaving.

But he handed the transfer request himself. :lol:

You transfer listed a player and he didn’t want to leave? Or he did want to leave? If he didn’t, it makes sense that he rejected. Otherwise you should report as a bug. Especially if he requested to leave after the fact and then in the same breath said he doesn’t want to leave after you told him to look for a club.

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

You transfer listed a player and he didn’t want to leave? Or he did want to leave? If he didn’t, it makes sense that he rejected. Otherwise you should report as a bug. Especially if he requested to leave after the fact and then in the same breath said he doesn’t want to leave after you told him to look for a club.

He didn't want to leave when I first transfer listed him. It makes sense, I agree.

But then after he rejected all the offers and I removed him from TL, he handed in transfer request because of unfair treatment!?!?

And then rejected offers again because he doesn't want to leave...while being transfer listed on his own request. :lol:

This has been bugging me since beta but I never mentioned it (too many other stuff to mention).

On over-the-top balls, defenders often stop running.

For example, look at Chambers:

https://i.imgur.com/leyvsud.mp4

What the hell!?!

It's kind of the same when a striker is 1v1 with the keeper, he goes around him and the keeper freezes. Happens to defenders in 1v1 with strikers too. They just stop.

Is anyone else seeing their keeper constantly hoof the ball clear under very little/no pressure? I have play out of defence on, use a sweeper keeper & even signed David Raya as he has the tries to play way out of trouble trait. Alas, I still see multiple highlights of him just giving the ball back to the opposition by way of hoofing it clear & ignoring any passing options around him. I played against Dortmund who were in a 4312 & so I told Raya to distribute to the full backs, but he still hoofed it clear despite them being free.

2 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

This has been bugging me since beta but I never mentioned it (too many other stuff to mention).

What the hell!?!

It's kind of the same when a striker is 1v1 with the keeper, he goes around him and the keeper freezes. Happens to defenders in 1v1 with strikers too. They just stop.

Please report it in the bug tracker, if you haven't already.

29 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

He didn't want to leave when I first transfer listed him. It makes sense, I agree.

But then after he rejected all the offers and I removed him from TL, he handed in transfer request because of unfair treatment!?!?

And then rejected offers again because he doesn't want to leave...while being transfer listed on his own request. :lol:

I guess he felt unfairly treated because you listed him. 

The bolded sounds like a bug so I'd report it.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

I have a very small sample size so far, but it seems like players no longer drastically decline after 30. My 36 year old (14 determination) DL is getting slower, but his mentals and technicals are actually improving. A big " :thup:".

This is great! Found it really annoying my players dropping off a cliff at 30 years old, even with decent Natural Fitness & Stamina.

14 hours ago, Senak said:

image.thumb.png.565baf545f0a00e932fc623537204377.png

Go to Scouting, click General and you'll see Availability which you can change

Is the point of setting a specific focus to increase the Knowledge Level of players in a certain age range or position, and in doing so, the Knowledge Level of players outside of that age range/position will decrease? Or is the point just to limit the recommendations that can be sent to you in the Scouting Centre, but it does not actually affect Knowledge Level of players?

1 hour ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

What the hell!?!

Looks like he made the wrong decision to mark the yellow player that’s further behind rather than the other yellow one racing onto the ball?

Left that player to his fellow defender?

Poor decision making rather than a bug?

3 hours ago, AidanH96 said:

Is anyone else seeing their keeper constantly hoof the ball clear under very little/no pressure? I have play out of defence on, use a sweeper keeper & even signed David Raya as he has the tries to play way out of trouble trait. Alas, I still see multiple highlights of him just giving the ball back to the opposition by way of hoofing it clear & ignoring any passing options around him. I played against Dortmund who were in a 4312 & so I told Raya to distribute to the full backs, but he still hoofed it clear despite them being free.

Seen this myself multiple times and reported it in the beta. Definitely an issue with goalies being eager to hoof it long if there's any opposition players remotely close to them even when there's plenty of easy passing options available to them.

Finding more and more bugs.

Unhappy player - wants to leave, sod him. Two of his teammates AGN him, both in support of me. But the advisory "Team Meetings" are proposed to deal with these team-mates as they're unhappy with my treatment of him. Which is it?

Recruitment meeting - Lots of reports if I leave it alone. If I edit any of it, no reports whatsoever - I clicked 'full back - right' and got no suggestions, but when we moved to any other matters I got six RB reports to sift through?

Also recruitment meeting agenda wants to talk about #male#1 instead of the proper name.

Disappointing to see these bugs cropping up alongside the competition and vision bug that I identified earlier. =/

4 hours ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Press conferences are awful. Useless. First thing I delegate.

If you can get them right then some of your players can get a morale boost from what you say and will play better in the next game 

One small thing I noticed - you can FINALLY negotiate manager's salary. Before, they wouldn't give you a penny more than their first offer even if you won everything there is to win. Now you can finally negotiate a bit more money for your manager. Small, but good change.

5 hours ago, AidanH96 said:

1. Yes, there some issues with GK throw - kick the ball long; instead of short (say to wing-back).
2. Pass Into Space doesn't help to decrease this.
3. Play Out of Defense decrease the passing range of defenders, nothing to do with GK (which has he's own Out of Possession Instructions).
4. SK is a role for counter-attacking style of football > which translate to longer pass > following Counter-Attack TI for example.

In order to minimize GK being hoof the ball:

SK De (Pass It Shorter, Take Fewer Risks as PI). Distribute to Full-Backs (or specific player > full back for example) and Roll It Out.

7 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

Anyone else seeing way too many goals from crosses? The ME feels a step back from last year's...

If you're midfield being pressed and well-marked by opp; where your team gonna play? Reading the stats in Data Hub is good, but watching how AI is defending and general how he plays is something else.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Is something wrong with attackers pressuring defenders? I'm playing on a gegenpress with a pressing forward and I often see my advanced forward not pressuring the opposition defenders.

Pressing is not an huge issue and works ok. It's about tactic, if the player being able to handle that pressing and how often. If you want more pressing you can add PI: Mark Specific Player for your attacker.

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Sadly I'm seeing bug after bug in the ME, i just gave up.. will back in March to see if they fix the ME

Shame, FM 21 ME was really brilliant, i don't why they just killed it. 

Have you reported any of them?

9 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Does it change anything? several bugs have been reported in the beta and are still unresolved.

Well, there's been no update yet. The more reports are in, the more they have to look at, different teams, different set ups and all that 

22 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Does it change anything? several bugs have been reported in the beta and are still unresolved.

Yeahh

Look Battlefield 2042. You can climp a tower with hovercraft in 90 degrees; and the game being worked for at least 2 years.

Developers need feedback and bug reports and will try their best (no matter what game).

GG

A bit of tinkering and my IF/IW are playing much more to my liking though the IF it's still really hesitant to drive in narrow and attack the goal no matter what you do.

The ME isn't that bad, yes the AI is passive and the ME is really forgiving to overly aggressive attacking tactics, but the football played is diverse and nice to watch.

I'm enjoying it, even with the faults.

1 hour ago, MBJ96 said:

This ME is useless. Just had 24 corners in one game against AC Milan with me being Chelsea. They had most possesion although being 10 men for 80 minutes. Borg my goals came from corners. 

I’m giving up. 

It’s the worst ME in recent years. The amount of bugs for a game full released is incredible.

1 hour ago, jonnyfresh said:

It’s the worst ME in recent years. The amount of bugs for a game full released is incredible.

Definitely not the worse in years . But it is weird how it affects some and not others . Cant say corners are OP in my game at all and I have seen some IFs cut in and have play through the middle.  I wonder if its got to do with tactics and the more powerful teams

Yeah, I'm enjoying the game, and I see that the youth development has been slightly revamped and it's more realistic now, I don't know why they didn't highlight that as one of the features, that's major. I wouldn't say ME is worse, the possesion bug is the only big thing that bothers me in some way, as it really doesn't represent what it should, but other than that, yeah, in some ways it's maybe worse than FM 21, but in some ways it's better. All in all, will keep on playing and enjoying it.

14 hours ago, WizbaII said:

Is the point of setting a specific focus to increase the Knowledge Level of players in a certain age range or position, and in doing so, the Knowledge Level of players outside of that age range/position will decrease? Or is the point just to limit the recommendations that can be sent to you in the Scouting Centre, but it does not actually affect Knowledge Level of players?

I would like to know this too!

13 hours ago, Iwabik said:

Yup, known issue, attackers don't press defenders. And that also causes unrealistic possession stat

Regardless of pressing:

Defenders shouldn't be as accurate/composed as they are.

The AI shouldn't be content passing it around the back with no progression

It is really frustrating when you are chasing a goal and you can't get your team to press, on the whole the ME is pretty good but I play the game on 90 minutes full highlights and this issue which was a flagship ME feature by the way needs fixing ASAP. 

Not sure why it has'nt been delegated for a hotfix.