*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, balldoktor81 said:

did you guys noticed the same as me... in Bundesliga my opponents sometimes brings on 4 or even 5 fresh players from their bench, while i'm only allowed to make 3 subs... what is this SI... some new difficulty level... my godness.... patch this game asap...

No, you can make 5 subs in 3 intervals 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, balldoktor81 said:

did you guys noticed the same as me... in Bundesliga my opponents sometimes brings on 4 or even 5 fresh players from their bench, while i'm only allowed to make 3 subs... what is this SI... some new difficulty level... my goodness.... patch this game asap...

You can make 5 subs. Learn the rule, mate.

10 hours ago, prot651 said:

I play lower leagues . No goals at all from corners in 23 games so far . Something must be over powered in the higher leagues

In the German 3. Liga I haven't noticed excessive corner goals either, and I have multiple 190cm+ players (plus a 202cm player) in my team who in theory should be scoring for fun from corners.

I'm in my second season and the fixtures are really unbalanced in terms of home and away games. I had a run of 7 games where 6 were at home and then I have a run coming up of 7 straight away games. I know that the schedule is a bit different in the 22/23 season due to the world cup but this seams a bit extreme. Any one else have this? Wonder if it is worth raising as a bug?

image.png.17f5d9391f347ef89850dbef2ca100a5.png

On 18/11/2021 at 16:23, MrPompey said:

I've just tried to recreate this. Ive holiday'd then taken over a team in SPL who are 11th just before their final league game. Ive then played the final game and lost on purpose to ensure I finish 11th (it was with Livingston). Ive then played all of the play-off games and avoided relegation. All team meetings and press conferences have only referred to relegation, not one mention of promotion before or after the relegation matches that were played.

I guess the issue has either been resolved or Ive not managed to recreate it exactly

Bearing in mind for the entirety of FM21 in the Danish Superliga once the league split if you won the relegation phase and finished 1st (so 7th overall in the table) the media asked if you were delighted with your title win and it went down on your history as a title...

Same if you finished bottom of the championship group. You'd be asked about finishing bottom

1 hour ago, Kane10 said:

I was very positive in my first reaction, however this could be the worst fm match engine i have experienced i can remember in last couple years just because of possesion. At some point i noticed there is nothing i could do to have more possesion even against teams which are playing in 3 divisions lower than me. I win games anyway with %35-45 possesion stats but it feels so wrong and weird. Centrebacks around the league averaging insane passing accuracy stats. I try to press like crazy but somehow opponents manage to keep the ball in their half pretty safely ? They don't even attack. 

I disagree.

image.png.1b9e894edcf2deba64763b60c07db4e0.png

The game is frankly a mess.

I believe the RNG is turned up too high, 6th in the xg table but 11th in the real table.

If their keeper does'nt have a worldie your keeper has a mare.

The new features don't work properly.

As a legacy player I feel that I'm being neglected by Si and that cash is king, sad but true.

I'm going to play EU4 who actually care about their product and legacy players.

2 hours ago, balldoktor81 said:

did you guys notice the same as me... in Bundesliga my opponents sometimes brings on 4 or even 5 fresh players from their bench, while i'm only allowed to make 3 subs... what is this SI... some new difficulty level... my goodness.... patch this game asap...i'm done with this game...5 fresh players and one of them scores the equalizer...

Best thing I can say about this thread is that it keeps posts and posters like this away from the rest of the forum

1 minute ago, Os said:

The game is frankly a mess.

I believe the RNG is turned up too high, 6th in the xg table but 11th in the real table.

If their keeper does'nt have a worldie your keeper has a mare.

The new features don't work properly.

As a legacy player I feel that I'm being neglected by Si and that cash is king, sad but true.

I'm going to play EU4 who actually care about their product and legacy players.

It's ok to admit that the game is too hard for you

1 hour ago, WizbaII said:

i noticed there is nothing i could do to have more possesion even against teams which are playing in 3 divisions lower than me.

This is what I am disagreeing with and I provided you evidence showing you that it is possible to have more possession. 

If you want to make a point that the ME is not perfect, then fine, I agree with that.

2 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

I'm in my second season and the fixtures are really unbalanced in terms of home and away games. I had a run of 7 games where 6 were at home and then I have a run coming up of 7 straight away games. I know that the schedule is a bit different in the 22/23 season due to the world cup but this seams a bit extreme. Any one else have this? Wonder if it is worth raising as a bug?

image.png.17f5d9391f347ef89850dbef2ca100a5.png

Never any harm in raising things like this as a bug. As long as you include a save SI can investigate.

It does seem strange to have so many away fixtures in a row, but note that 2 are midweek fixtures that are likely rearranged due to the world cup and there is a huge gap between the first three.

I understand the point about possession depending on who you are playing against.

As someone who enjoys possession play, I would suggest that when a team is playing more defensively e.g. a weaker side, that actually makes it easier to have greater possession.

The teams I am playing against are stronger and don't do that as much. If they did, then my numbers would be even higher than 59%. The only way I would be convinced that you can't have more possession than a weaker side is if I saw his tactical set-up and how he's trying to keep possession, because even with a 19th-placed team, I can top the possession stats. When he says he's trashing Wolves 6-1, it just makes me wonder if he's actually playing possession football like he thinks he is. But in regard to this being a feedback thread, all I can say is that I'm not having trouble keeping possession in this ME.

I've never known this to be a problem before. Either I am remembering past FMs wrong or something has changed.

Can the green squares with the instructions on them be transparent or moved?

Then I recall I am using 125% zoom because I am old. Can some consideration be made by SI for us oldies that have to zoom the UI? There's really no need for the green squares to cover the position on the back of the shirts. All it takes is looking at screens with zoom on.

FM22_setpieceUI.png.c6666f79bc0c2e9af20c8537fdae318f.png

#ThinkOfTheOldies

On 18/11/2021 at 13:38, El_sambo said:

37 yr old football fanatic. Having bought every single version since cm93. On release day without fail.

And for the first time ever after trying the demo that won't be happening which absolutely kills me.

I simply hate the 3d engine. It's cringing to watch. It plays out horribly. It's so primitive I simply just can't get into it whatsoever.

Now I know the 2d is still available but they have given that no attention whatsoever. It's so bland and boring. There's zero graphics or immersion to it. It could literally be a game going on a park. Or a world cup final there's zero difference.

I love playing on 2d as I prefer to fill in the blanks with my imagination rather than actually watch it play out in such a robotic horrible manner ( that just isn't anything like real football)

Go and have a look at FM 12 . The 2d actually looked lovely! Ok the engine itself may of had issues but asthetiically it looked 10x better than today's version!

Why???

I  really wish si had some competition. I yearn to get into a good football management simulation but FM just doesn't do it for me anymore ☹️

This game has no immersion. Literally 0. It’s game breaking and just seems to get worse year after year. Why!?!?

38 minutes ago, MakeFMGreatAgain said:

This game has no immersion. Literally 0. It’s game breaking and just seems to get worse year after year. Why!?!?

Really? Everyone is welcome to their opinions but I don't personally believe the game is that much different year on year. Things get added, but the basis is the same addictiveness year on year.

Very wrong to say it's gamebreaking, whatever your opinion. That would suggest the game doesn't work.

Perhaps if you filled in some blanks and said what was causing you such a problem with the game? It is very hard for SI to respond to a critique like yours that has no constructiveness to it.

What you have said is the equivalent of saying "I didn't like Christmas".

Why?

Same goes for @El_sambo, as that was the post you linked to, and the people who vote up every unconstructive post in this thread - @Tiger666, @Tony Wright 747etc. If people really think the game is awful then be constructive. It's crazy seeing the same people upvote constant threads (for years now) on this forum but offer little feedback themselves. There must be some reason you come here being negative year on year. I'd guess you want to like the game, so offer some real feedback.

Edited by anagain

After playing the demo for the past week or so, here's my feedback so far.

The changes to the graphics and animations engines are encouraging. The animations are certainly a lot smoother, and dribbling is more realistic. The goalkeeper animations still need some work, mind.

The ME itself is a step up from FM21. For one thing, crossing is much more viable than it was on last year's game. It seems like every year, we alternate between crossing being too effective or not being effective enough, but it looks like SI have struck a good balance now.

Most of my Millwall team's goals came from crosses and set-pieces, but seeing as they're a team who typically play direct football and make use of dead balls, that's not unrealistic. It isn't as if central play has been 'nerfed' either, as I've also seen plenty of through-balls and short-passing goals - though mostly for the AI whenever they exposed the midfield weaknesses in our 4-4-2.

On the minus side, I too am worried about how more conservative teams can keep the ball too easily and for too long, with opposition strikers not putting them under enough pressure. That really screws up possession stats. I counted at least 10 Championship defenders who had completed 96% or more of their passes after half a season. (IRL, you don't get many Premier League players completing even 90% throughout a season.)

I've got mixed views on some of the new changes outside the AI. I loved the defensive/attacking efficiency charts on FM21, so to see more statistical graphs and charts on FM22 is very exciting. That said, I think navigating the data hub could be made more user-friendly.

I'd also like the chart summaries to be less vague than just "our stats are very interesting" or "our stats stand out a little". Could you please tell us WHY they're interesting, instead of coming across like you're Barry Davies attempting to use clickbait?

The new transfer value ranges get a :thup: from me. It's more realistic than just having one value that might be way off the club's valuation of that player. I also like how the values change at various points in the season, and that clubs won't demand huge fees for inexperienced youth players quite as often.

I wasn't too keen on the new staff meetings at first. I like that there's more context to the advice your staff is getting you, but not so much that it takes a lot more clicks to get you gather all the advice that used to go straight into one inbox message. I did slowly warm to it eventually, but I still prefer the old method.

The new deadline day presentation... is fine. I'm just not sure it deserves all the hype (though you could say that about deadline day itself :D). What isn't so fine is that silly facial hair newgens now have. For me, it's the first time since FM17 that newgens have actually looked WORSE than in the previous game.

So, overall, I wasn't blown away by FM22 - but I'm more positive than I was before I first tried the demo. I'll wait and see how SI address those possession issues, and then I might take the plunge on the full game around Christmas.

Goals win games, not possession (don’t think Ive ever looked at possession stats). Really enjoying this years game, play commentary only and your FM life becomes a lot less stressful.

my inside forward also just had a 25 goal season and double figure assists so can’t be all bad.

Edited by woodsy1983

So, I'm a long time FMT player but as we don't have a FMT this year I figured I'd give the full version a go. Downloaded the demo. 

After 30 minutes I started thinking if SI ever do any testing on how new players cope with the game. With my FMT experience I already know a good chunk of it, but I felt an immense information overload. It was just so overwhelming, it felt like I really "should" be spending hours and hours tweaking and clicking everything before clicking continue, if I was to play the game "properly". Felt like a real job, tbh. If I was a newcomer with zero FM experience I can imagine I'd feel very, very lost. 

Question for you experienced players out there. When you start a new game. How much time do you typically spend before you hit continue for the first time? 

It's back to FMT 21 for me. I thought about picking up the Xbox edition, but it has so many limitations. What a shame. :( 

Edited by Footix

11 hours ago, s1111 said:

It's ok to admit that the game is too hard for you

I won the double first season with Arsenal, 20-1-1, second season and I'm not really enjoying it either. The possession and the low average ratings for certain positions (no matter who plays there) are ruining it for me.

Edited by kevinb41

45 minutes ago, Footix said:

So, I'm a long time FMT player but as we don't have a FMT this year I figured I'd give the full version a go. Downloaded the demo. 

After 30 minutes I started thinking if SI ever do any testing on how new players cope with the game. With my FMT experience I already know a good chunk of it, but I felt an immense information overload. It was just so overwhelming, it felt like I really "should" be spending hours and hours tweaking and clicking everything before clicking continue, if I was to play the game "properly". Felt like a real job, tbh. If I was a newcomer with zero FM experience I can imagine I'd feel very, very lost. 

Question for you experienced players out there. When you start a new game. How much time do you typically spend before you hit continue for the first time? 

It's back to FMT 21 for me. I thought about picking up the Xbox edition, but it has so many limitations. What a shame. :( 

Give it time, buddy. The basics of the game is the same, it just has a gloss on it that's new.

I play grand strategy games from Paradox. Now that's learning, but you get what you put in to a game. I know Loki Doki says there is probably much of FM these days that he never sees. I'm possibly the same. You can play FM without touching some areas of the game and still have a blast.

Don't give up because I think you'd regret it.

When I start the game there are a number of things I'll need to do. Check finances, check what staff I have, recruit what staff I'm missing, check staff assigned to training (game really messes that up), run through squad, check youth for gems, make a tactic. Yeah, it can add up to some time. 

I suppose it very much depends on the time you have. I'm able to put a reasonable amount of hours in to FM at weekends. I can understand some people needing a faster game. I do think it's possible to get that with FM22 with some configuring. Just needs a bit oif set up.

It is probably one of the things that has made FM less likely to be picked up by a younger crowd. I suppose FMT was an asnwer to that, and if SI were to make changes to the main game to draw in a crowd then it could be a good thing. Some sort of option before you start a save you declare what you want covered by your staff. If the staff configure menus were better designed it would help. They are a mess and SI could do with a UI expert to spend a development period on the UI.

I think thats me done with this year's FM. Everything is well done, it looks great...I just find it lacking. ME is dull, its got a lot of the same inconsistencies, niggles and ******** its had for a good while.

I'll buy next years, as I always do, but I'd like to see an overhaul of the game, a new engine and other stuff at some point in the future. Its all just becoming a blur of the same ****, different year with a couple of new things tacked on.

Something fresh, new, exciting...been a long while since I felt that with an FM.

43 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I think thats me done with this year's FM. Everything is well done, it looks great...I just find it lacking. ME is dull, its got a lot of the same inconsistencies, niggles and ******** its had for a good while.

I'll buy next years, as I always do, but I'd like to see an overhaul of the game, a new engine and other stuff at some point in the future. Its all just becoming a blur of the same ****, different year with a couple of new things tacked on.

Something fresh, new, exciting...been a long while since I felt that with an FM.

Please watch your language on these forums. If it shows as a * , its not allowed.

2 hours ago, Footix said:

Usually 4 hours before I hit press "continue", until I clean the mess from previous AI manager (contracts, staff members, analyze squad etc).

That's why I am playing only one save per FM version (journeyman); took around 8 months to complete it.

1 hour ago, anagain said:

Give it time, buddy. The basics of the game is the same, it just has a gloss on it that's new.

I play grand strategy games from Paradox. Now that's learning, but you get what you put in to a game. I know Loki Doki says there is probably much of FM these days that he never sees. I'm possibly the same. You can play FM without touching some areas of the game and still have a blast.

Don't give up because I think you'd regret it.

When I start the game there are a number of things I'll need to do. Check finances, check what staff I have, recruit what staff I'm missing, check staff assigned to training (game really messes that up), run through squad, check youth for gems, make a tactic. Yeah, it can add up to some time. 

I suppose it very much depends on the time you have. I'm able to put a reasonable amount of hours in to FM at weekends. I can understand some people needing a faster game. I do think it's possible to get that with FM22 with some configuring. Just needs a bit oif set up.

It is probably one of the things that has made FM less likely to be picked up by a younger crowd. I suppose FMT was an asnwer to that, and if SI were to make changes to the main game to draw in a crowd then it could be a good thing. Some sort of option before you start a save you declare what you want covered by your staff. If the staff configure menus were better designed it would help. They are a mess and SI could do with a UI expert to spend a development period on the UI.

You can get it to almost the same level as FMT by delegating your jobs to your staff and focus on what you want out of the game

On 18/11/2021 at 16:44, tropicofal said:

Just want to say that I think FM22 is great. A decent upgrade on last year which is exactly what I think we should get. 

The nitpicking on this entire forum is baffling sometimes so I just wanted to throw my hand up and say well done SI. Loving it. 

I wouldn’t call it nitpicking.there are 4 fundamental ME issues. Procession amongst weaker sides, pass percentage, corners and crossing. It’s a massive problem

On 20/11/2021 at 00:15, kevinb41 said:

How long til something's done about the crazy AI possession? Nearly end of season and Thiago at Liverpool has a 99% pass completion ratio. Ridiculous.

Also, it's been bugging me for many versions - there's certain positions that just don't play well, no matter how good the player you put there. Seems to be the case with central midfielders who do a holding job, or just those crucial all-around mid c type of players. Always get a rating of around 7 or just below, which doesn't reflect what they do for the team IMO when compared with anyone you put at wing back, for example. Puts me off the game quite a bit.

Totally agree with this 

4 hours ago, woodsy1983 said:

Goals win games, not possession (don’t think Ive ever looked at possession stats). Really enjoying this years game, play commentary only and your FM life becomes a lot less stressful.

my inside forward also just had a 25 goal season and double figure assists so can’t be all bad.

The issue with the possession stats/issue is that it comes from , in particular a lower level team vs a top tier team where the three central defenders just pass the ball between each other for minutes on end. I’m half way through a season where all the lower teams cbs have 99% passing completion. It’s poor.

16 hours ago, FrazT said:

This is possibly that when they were scouted they had a WP while at Man Utd but if they then sign a new deal, a WP application is required again

So would English eligibility not make a difference to work permits then?

11 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

So would English eligibility not make a difference to work permits then?

Unless the players  have changed nationality, they would still need a WP.  The WP when issued is only valid for the term of their current contract.  Once that contract expires, or a player gets a new deal with another club, a new WP would need to be applied for

53 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Happy to, but if its '****' then surely its alreet? Thought that would be the point of that being implemented.

Nope- the * are there to stop other users from seeing the language that is deemed to be unacceptable.

For people who think that crosses are too unrealistic in the ME this season, just look at the amount of high quality chances/clear cut chances/goals from this week's Premier League matches alone.

Do you still think the ME is too unrealistic in that part of the game?

2 hours ago, Ghost4928 said:

For people who think that crosses are too unrealistic in the ME this season, just look at the amount of high quality chances/clear cut chances/goals from this week's Premier League matches alone.

Do you still think the ME is too unrealistic in that part of the game?

ah well that's fixed it then, a sample size of 6-7 matches from one league  is enough for me

2 hours ago, naterego93 said:

An anomaly is an anomaly. Weird things can happen but not at the rate this match engine is producing lol 

1 minute ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

ah well that's fixed it then, a sample size of 6-7 matches from one league  is enough for me

You can go back in this thread and see that I've bought this up already on a previous Premier League matchweek.

I've also raised many examples of high profile games where teams have won matches due to crosses, whether from open play or at set pieces.

While there might be a high proportion this matchweek in comparison to other matchweeks, the highest generator of goals and chances thus far in the season irl has been from crosses first and formost.

This hasn't been a recent trend. I mean, if you paid more attention to football in general, you would notice the increase in chances created and goals scored from crosses.

13 minutes ago, Ghost4928 said:

You can go back in this thread and see that I've bought this up already on a previous Premier League matchweek.

I've also raised many examples of high profile games where teams have won matches due to crosses, whether from open play or at set pieces.

While there might be a high proportion this matchweek in comparison to other matchweeks, the highest generator of goals and chances thus far in the season irl has been from crosses first and formost.

This hasn't been a recent trend. I mean, if you paid more attention to football in general, you would notice the increase in chances created and goals scored from crosses.

You do know there's more football than just the EPL right? I know Sky try to claim otherwise, but that is a very small part of football and different leagues play out very differently 

Edit:

I had a look on the PL's website for the crossing stats for this season, it seems Liverpool are the most cross-heavy with about 24-25 per game on average, Leicester City appear to be the lowest with about 12-13.

I came across this thread that shows just how out of proportion the crosses in the league can be with the lowest average in the game being the same as the higher average IRL, so the balance is clearly off, I guess the conversion rates in the game must also be different to keep the scores in check but can't figure that out yet.

But sure, please keep giving us limited stats and then following it up with a pompous "well if you watched football as much as I do" in an attempt to add some gravitas to the opinion

Edited by Rooneys 32nd minute headers

UI Issues

I'm sorry to say that these are year on year UI issues with FM.

1. Lists not remembering their position when you move between screens

Here is a video of my scouted players list. I scroll through the players and pick a defender at random. Returning to the scouted players list I find myself back at the top of the list.

https://streamable.com/z2yftr

2. More zoom UI issues at 125% zoom

Below I have opened up the filters on the scouted list via the little drop down arrow to the right of Edit Search. The Add Condition box is half hidden.

Add to this the fact that i seem to have to do extra clicks to get anywhere with this list. Of course, for all I know, adding a condition might create a list of filters below the Add Condition box. But my UI is half cut off so how do I know?

I have to click on Edit Search and configure further to filter.

It's probably working as intended. It's just frustrating to see elements of the UI cut off when I zoom the game.

FM22_ZoomIssue_scouting.thumb.png.36faf7b3363080c40fda5de5848562ed.png

Here's a link to another UI zoom issue I posted previously - 

And another reguarding column sizes that may or may not be a zoom issue - 

3. UI Issues when moving screens during a substitution

I have been finding that when I click on a player, to view their screens, when I am debating a substitution I return to the match screen back on the pitch. I then have to edit my changes to continue the process of making a sub.

I don't believe this was an issue in FM21 

#####

I get many hours enjoyment from the complexities of FM but it seems to me that, year on year, UI issues are the last things to be fixed and are even creeping in to the game at an alarming rate.

For a game that is so UI central it is alarming to see these issues every October/November. I know for a fact that I have commented on these things every year. The lists not remembering their position complaint has been in FM for years now.

Now, I'm not a coder. I have no programming experience. I do use the internet and play other games though. I am sure I view websites or play games with lists that don't default to the top of the list when I move around. Is it possible to code so that a position is remembered?

Then there is the subject of zoom issues. I'm not getting any younger and it's a sad fact that my eyes have deteriorated massively over the past five years (it happens to us all at a certain age). The zoom feature is in game so why is it not teseted extensively? If the game is going to have it then surely it should work.

If I am using a user created skin then it's fair enough if I have problems with UI elements. I'm not. I am using the base skin for FM. All I have added are player faces, kits and badges but they haven't altered the size of elements on the base skin. So why are parts of the game hidden or cut off when I zoom?

There is a lot of calls for options such as colour-blindness filters these days. Surely deteriorating vision with age is as important to allow for.

In a lot of places of late I have seen suggestions for SI to employ someone who is a specialist in UIs to cast their expertise over the game and make it as good as it can be. Loki Doki is a youtuber I have seen mention this, mainly citing the mess of a Staff Responsibilities screen.

Is it time for that?

Edited by anagain

37 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

You do know there's more football than just the EPL right? I know Sky try to claim otherwise, but that is a very small part of football and different leagues play out very differently 

I doubt you would watch enough games in a varied amount of leagues to make that assumpion. As far as we know, many other leagues in the world also have a larger proportion of goals scored from crosses. I can defintely make a strong enough assumption to say neither of us know that. But we do know that the football played in the Prem influences a lot of managers and the way they set up not just in England, but around the world.

I mean, Conte, Tuchel and the Italian National team have all had very good records playing with 5 at the back, but you don't see the use of that formation or that kind of tactic influencing many top flight leagues or teams.

In contrast, look at how many teams have started playing out from the back every since Pep came to the Prem. He's always had that philosophy, but it wasn't until he came to the Prem when that kind of tactic became more and more prevalent.

If we want to go more specifically into crosses, look at how valued some full backs are right now. England, most recently, had the options of Walker, TAA and James, yet Southgate picks Trippier at the Euros because he knows that Trippier has a very good delivery from wide areas/set pieces.

Multiple games, not only in the Prem, but around the world are won because of crosses. Augsburg scores 2 goals against Bayern, both from crosses, which wins them the game. Hoffenheim was also able to defeat Leipzig due to crosses as well. So it's not just the Premier League.

50 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

I had a look on the PL's website for the crossing stats for this season, it seems Liverpool are the most cross-heavy with about 24-25 per game on average, Leicester City appear to be the lowest with about 12-13.

I came across this thread that shows just how out of proportion the crosses in the league can be with the lowest average in the game being the same as the higher average IRL, so the balance is clearly off, I guess the conversion rates in the game must also be different to keep the scores in check but can't figure that out yet.

To say that because there is a specific range irl, the ME has to reflect that. The only way to have that would be to hardcode a specific range in to reflect irl.

Also, I'd like to note, that all examples I've bought up from irl is to merely show the fact that crossing is now a very effective, very widely used and very frequent way teams create and score goals. I haven't said that the number of crosses scored from goals irl matches the ME, all I've said is that the high frequency of chances creates and goals scored from crosses is represented fairly accurately by the ME.

53 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

"well if you watched football as much as I do" in an attempt to add some gravitas to the opinion

Never said that, did I. I just made the statement that anyone who has watched a lot of football in the past few years would also notice the increase of chances created and goals scored from crosses.

I mean, "cross and inshallah" was a thing for a long time when talking about Liverpool or Man City.

TAA, Robertson, Tierney, KDB, Shaw, Hakimi are just some of the players who are very highly rated, whether by their fans or by the footballing public in general, due to having very good deliveries from out wide or from half spaces.

It's not a pompous statement to make when we all see it in front of us.

The Subject of Crossing in FM22

I'm seeing this pop up a fair amount lately. I'm very early in my time with FM but since I started managing Weymouth I'm liking what I see with regards to crosses.

What I am seeing is a combination with the improvement in closing down to make wide play more interesting. Central players seem to try to draw defenders in more now before playing the ball out wide. 

In addition to this the players making crosses are trying more variation in tactics to getc rosses in. In prior FMs players were one dimensional on the wings. They would often run with defenders and just try to get the ball in through determination. That saw blocks more prevalent. In the few games I have played I've seen wingers try to turn defenders inside out to make a cross easier or simply to cross earlier when they see an opportunity to do so. This last fact is regardless early corssing tactics. 

It's just a case of wingers and wide defenders having more tricks at their disposal to get a ball in.

So, if more crosses are making the box does this mean the game is very cross heavy? In some ways, yes, but I have seen more competion with my attacking players from the opposition defence. Defenders do appear more capable of defending a cross now. Having a strong in the air forward at lower levels of the game feels like it is going to be a good tactic this year.

Wingers don't just cross either. I've just seen a winger with attack instructions run into the box and shoot as an IW or IF might do.

In conclusion, it just feels to me like SI have done some configuring to make the game a more varying experience. I'm certainly less frystrated with my wingers in FM22 than I was in FM21 and FM20. Not seeing my wingers run in to dead ends constantly is wonderful.

There is definitely an improvement here. I wonder if people want perfection and further wonder if that is achievable. Progress is great.

EDIT: There is one thing I'd like to see happen more. That is knockdowns. If a high cross comes in to the box players at the back post seem to regularly go for goal when knocking down to another player in the box could be a better option.

Edited by anagain