*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Not sure if this has been bought up or its just me, but has anyone noticed there are hundreds of unemployed regen staff with world class attributes? I went to hire a new head of youth development and there were literally about 40 of themĀ 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The search feature when selecting target clubs to offer a player to is awful to use. At least give us the ability to sort the results by country. It returns hundreds of results that are nowhere near your actual search.

I mean look at this. Typing in "AC Milan" or just "Milan" yields too many results to go through and AC Milan is nowhere near the top if it's even in there.Ā 

I had to look up how the name reads in the game and use "A.C. Milan" despite the search result reading only Milan! It's been this way for years, seems a simple fix?Ā 

Ā 

Capture.JPG

Edited by puffascruffowitz

6 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

The search feature when selecting target clubs to offer a player to is awful to use. At least give us the ability to sort the results by country. It returns hundreds of results that are nowhere near your actual search.

I mean look at this. Typing in "AC Milan" or just "Milan" yields too many results to go through and AC Milan is nowhere near the top if it's even in there.Ā 

I had to look up how the name reads in the game and use "A.C. Milan" despite the search result reading only Milan! It's been this way for years, seems a simple fix?Ā 

Ā 

Capture.JPG

I second that. Search results are nowhere near to google search results. Personally I find it very frustrating when trying to look something up.

12 чŠ°ŃŠ¾Š² Š½Š°Š·Š°Š“, fc.cadoni сŠŗŠ°Š·Š°Š»:

Me waiting for the next major update

Ā 

Me who play in FM21 still:

ŠØутŠŗŠø Š·Š° 300 ā€” ŠœŠµŠ¼ "Š›ŃŠ³ŃƒŃˆŠ¾Š½Š¾Šŗ с Š·ŃƒŠ±Š¾Ń‡ŠøстŠŗŠ¾Š¹"

Seriously, it happens EVERY year. I rethinked my FM-purchase strategy, your turn ;)Ā 

13 hours ago, Icy said:

I reported this in FM21 already but itā€™s also legacy from FM20 at least. The game is not producing quality FB/WB, most of the regens in that position are more CBs than FBs/WBs regarding the attributes, most of them with low crossing and dribbling attributes.

Here you can read my thread past year about it.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, I think it's been like this for many years now... So strange that SI havent acknowledged it properly for all these years.
Proper newgen attributes is a MUST for all of us long term save-players.

13 hours ago, Icy said:

I reported this in FM21 already but itā€™s also legacy from FM20 at least. The game is not producing quality FB/WB, most of the regens in that position are more CBs than FBs/WBs regarding the attributes, most of them with low crossing and dribbling attributes.

Here you can read my thread past year about it.

Ā 

Ā 

This is something I can't understand. Surely it can't be that hard to create templates for wing backs?Ā 

What happens in my games is I always end up converting pacey DM's into WB's. But none of the AI controlled teams do this.Ā 

Also agree with the sentiments that this patch strategy is outdated. Roll out whatever you're working on, cause this right now is NOT it! So many weird things going on in the ME, that has potential to be the greatest ever. Just give people the option to try whatever you're working on, while also being able to decline the work in progress. This way we can actually help speed up the process and maybe even enjoy the game in the meantime.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Piksi#10 said:

This is something I can't understand. Surely it can't be that hard to create templates for wing backs?Ā 

What happens in my games is I always end up converting pacey DM's into WB's. But none of the AI controlled teams do this.Ā 

Also agree with the sentiments that this patch strategy is outdated. Roll out whatever you're working on, cause this right now is NOT it! So many weird things going on in the ME, that has potential to be the greatest ever. Just give people the option to try whatever you're working on, while also being able to decline the work in progress. This way we can actually help speed up the process and maybe even enjoy the game in the meantime.Ā 

It's Strange that they haven't been using the public beta branch at all in this FM. It has not been updated in at least 3 weeks!

15 hours ago, Toshevbgg said:

Honestly Sigames should evolve. This is getting absurd

Game releases start of November - Unplayable then we have to wait 60 days for the FIRST PATCH ( i dont count the day 1 patch since most people do not play BETA)

Then we have only one update March and thats it .. This was ok 20 years ago but not anymore. Companies are trying hard to keep their customersĀ 

I have a feeling nobody is listeing to our feedback and getting demotivated .Ā  Patches should come in two weeks cycle in beginning to fix all the issues and get a feedback.. When we get a patch this month we will have to wait another 90 for fixesĀ 

Last year most things were left unfixed and we had to wait 7 months for new version of the game and now we are waiting again for more fixes . Its never ending cycle of frustration

I totally agree with you. The problem is we keep buying it at release.. so why should they change? Also they are the only one on the market with 0 competition. So if every year still sells about the same or more than the previous year they can keep doing what they are doing. Posting on here wonā€™t change a thing, itā€™s about the actions we doĀ 

Goalkeepers shouldn't be able to get 40 goals a season by sticking them on the near post for corners. (Without conceding many on the counter)

We're essentially 10+ years into the development cycle of the same game, set pieces have barely evolved in this time, I find it hard to understand how this can happen.

Ā 

As someone who was scathing in my thoughts of last years and very reluctant to buy this year I did and am so glad I did, I'm really enjoying it and would say it's probably the best first release FM I can remember. There are some minor issues but nothing gamebreaking or even majorly impacting my game so I'm delighted so far.

2 minutes ago, Os said:

They're not a charity, it's their job.Ā  They make a lot of money from this product.

What does that even mean?

You guys know that they can't spend they entire year working/fixing this game, they have to dedicate time to next years game and future projects.

4 minutes ago, DarJ said:

What does that even mean?

You guys know that they can't spend they entire year working/fixing this game, they have to dedicate time to next years game and future projects.

Why not?Ā 

The whole studio does'nt have to work on 1 project does it.

I see both sides to the argument. I for one think the game shouldn't have near amount of bugs upon full release but at the same time I don't expect SI to release patches every fortnight.Ā 

What they could do is be a bit more transparent with dates, I mean there are many issues in the game though I would strongly disagree that anyone of them are game breaking or granted there are mods to help make the game more realistic, it would be nice to have a patch sooner than 2-3 months after release or at least have a scheduled date so we are not all left in the dark

I also think the customer base has a right to demand more from a product that they are spending premium price for and not let standards to be dropped just because it says fm2022 instead of fm2021.

Due to SI not having any competition they should be kept on their toes to do the best job they possibly can do.

1 minute ago, Os said:

The whole studio does'nt have to work on 1 project does it.

Sure but you don't know how many staff members they have and how many they can dedicate to each task plus you also don't know how hard or easy the things to fix are.

I'm not saying you we shouldn't ask them to fix stuff because you bought the game and it's your right to demand explanations and I'm sure if steam refund policy wasn't just for game you've played less than 2 hours a lot of people would have asked for a refund but no onw other than them know how big the task is and even if it's fixable for this year. There is no garantee that a new patch would just work and won't break anything else

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Sure but you don't know how many staff members they have and how many they can dedicate to each task plus you also don't know how hard or easy the things to fix are.

I'm not saying you we shouldn't ask them to fix stuff because you bought the game and it's your right to demand explanations and I'm sure if steam refund policy wasn't just for game you've played less than 2 hours a lot of people would have asked for a refund but no onw other than them know how big the task is and even if it's fixable for this year. There is no garantee that a new patch would just work and won't break anything else

Ā 

Anyway I'd like to state that this year's engine is better than last years engine and that should be the benchmark.

Ā 

13 Š¼ŠøŠ½ŃƒŃ‚ Š½Š°Š·Š°Š“, Os сŠŗŠ°Š·Š°Š»:

They're not a charity, it's their job.Ā  They make a lot of money from this product.

Ā 

But you don't have to buy itĀ :kriss:Ā 

Let's be honest, you are wasting your time on this forum because only the SI have been able to create a game that can simulate a football match.
And you write what you write, because you want absolute realism and the current product is not enough for you.

We all want the best FM as possible, but are you really thinking of influencing what happens that way? :)Ā 

3 minutes ago, Os said:

Anyway I'd like to state that this year's engine is better than last years engine and that should be the benchmark.

I'm not trying to pick on you, I promise. I used to think like that too but we have seen many times that adding somethig or fixing certain issues break something else so I started looking at every game as it's own game and not "they got this right last year so it's only going to be better this year" and my experience has been better. In FM 20 that seems to be the worst for people I had my longest season everĀ 

2 hours ago, Piksi#10 said:

What an incredibly entitled and naive thing to say, revealing your complete lack of understanding of game development. You cannot influence SI Devs by whining about your dissatisfaction and how SI do their jobs. You can, however, state what you like and what you don't like. And if you see a bug, report it.

21 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

What an incredibly entitled and naive thing to say, revealing your complete lack of understanding of game development. You cannot influence SI Devs by whining about your dissatisfaction and how SI do their jobs. You can, however, state what you like and what you don't like. And if you see a bug, report it.

I would suggest it's far more naive to simply report a bug and expect it to be fixed. Still waiting on the player search screen bug to be fixed since the beta release, it's been reported multiple times, I'm sure it happens most years on release and absolutely nothing.

3 hours ago, Piksi#10 said:

Just give people the option to try whatever you're working on, while also being able to decline the work in progress. This way we can actually help speed up the process and maybe even enjoy the game in the meantime.Ā 

saysĀ  someone who has never raised an issue in the bug reporting threads.

I always find it pretty wild when I come on these forums as I don't tend to have half the issues that I see a lot of people having.

Everyone is entitled to criticise if they aren't satisfied with a product they have paid for, but I find it interesting that some describe the game as unplayable and I am having a blast. Maybe it is the way I play it, my formation, the fact I don't watch the whole match, the fact I am an old man so only play for about 10-15 hours per week, who knows. All I know is that I don't seem to come across half the problems I see on here...not to say those problems don't exist.Ā 

1 hour ago, marioNOW said:

That is exactly the issue - and not just in game development. This version/FM22 is not going to provide them any more big splash of revenue of income so they will work on the next one. Steam reviews are "positive overwhelmingly", and I guess the sale numbers going up each year. They have no big problem with the current edition based on this.Ā Why would they work extra hours to patch somethingĀ  that does not cost them revenue loss?Ā This is the reason you can operate with not fixing easy bugs that are there for multiple iteration as you can not allocate any resource on this edition any more. You "must" publish a new game each year. They know that if they do not make any big change ofĀ  the product itself, it will be bought simply because of the database updates.Ā 

For us, the users - players of course it would be more important to instead of focus on implementing new unwanted features to fix the broken things in the current one. As we paid for this version and as you usually have to play 50-100 hours ingame to be able to identify these bugs often you are not entitled for a refund. "Come back next year".

Do they lose the hardcore playerbase who understands what is broken in the game? Of course. Should they care as long as they are replaced by new/casual players who will play and pay for it? Absolutely not.Ā 

Excellent post.

52 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

Entitled? I didn't criticize them, I just asked for us to be included in the process. You're a typical apologist, if anything.

That is exactly the issue - and not just in game development. This version/FM22 is not going to provide them any more big splash of revenue of income so they will work on the next one. Steam reviews are "positive overwhelmingly", and I guess the sale numbers going up each year. They have no big problem with the current edition based on this.Ā Why would they work extra hours to patch somethingĀ  that does not cost them revenue loss?Ā This is the reason you can operate with not fixing easy bugs that are there for multiple iteration as you can not allocate any resource on this edition any more. You "must" publish a new game each year. They know that if they do not make any big change ofĀ  the product itself, it will be bought simply because of the database updates.Ā 

For us, the users - players of course it would be more important to instead of focus on implementing new unwanted features to fix the broken things in the current one. As we paid for this version and as you usually have to play 50-100 hours ingame to be able to identify these bugs often you are not entitled for a refund. "Come back next year".

Do they lose the hardcore playerbase who understands what is broken in the game? Of course. Should they care as long as they are replaced by new/casual players who will play and pay for it? Absolutely not.Ā 

You are making an awful lot of assumptions that SI "simply don't care".

I agree that there are things in FM that appear to be broken year on year. I'm very vocal about the problems with the UI in FM. I did however notice earlier that they have an advert for a position focusing on the UI. That tells me they do take it seriously.

It's just such negative thinking to assume SI don't care once they have our money. It's also bloody rude.

I think many people let their frustrations get the better of them.

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

You are making an awful lot of assumptions that SI "simply don't care".

I agree that there are things in FM that appear to be broken year on year. I'm very vocal about the problems with the UI in FM. I did however notice earlier that they have an advert for a position focusing on the UI. That tells me they do take it seriously.

It's just such negative thinking to assume SI don't care once they have our money. It's also bloody rude.

I think many people let their frustrations get the better of them.

Such a weird response, I read the original post as offering a point of view based purely on a "business case", there are assumptions made in terms of sales and priorities in the post, but at no point does that post say they don't care, it's simply saying from a purely financial point of view it probably wouldn't result in a short-term benefit

somehow you've made assumptions on unsaid assumptions and amazingly worked yourself up and made misplaced accusations

I don't think the game is unplayable but I am altering my formation which I don't want to do just solely based on how badly the inside forwards are playing for player and AI (Mbappe has a paltry 2 goals and 3 assists this season for his AI club playing as an inside forward in 25 games). The inside forward is my favourite role, I reserve it for the best and love to see them dribble past players and cause havoc. So it is annoying after paying money for the game, the role has so many bugs that I have to alter the way I enjoy playing. I don't expect that at full release.

Dribbling which is my favourite attribute seems to be so poorly implemented that it does take a lot of the fun away, my goals tend to be the same no matter what way I play. I do hope they can fix it soon as the game is very good aside from that.

9 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

Such a weird response, I read the original post as offering a point of view based purely on a "business case", there are assumptions made in terms of sales and priorities in the post, but at no point does that post say they don't care, it's simply saying from a purely financial point of view it probably wouldn't result in a short-term benefit

somehow you've made assumptions on unsaid assumptions and amazingly worked yourself up and made misplaced accusations

Not really how it sounded to me. Came across as asking why they'd fix bugs when the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Perhaps I'm just way too used to the spoilt brat phenomenon around here.Ā :D

But anyway, no one is getting anywhere here if we just argue amongst ourselves as to whether SI care, whether the game is a buggy mess or whether it's playable.

Let's divert this thread back to useful constructive criticism to make FM a better game. I know that is what we all want.

Edited by anagain

28 minutes ago, Ranquelme said:

I don't think the game is unplayable but I am altering my formation which I don't want to do just solely based on how badly the inside forwards are playing for player and AI (Mbappe has a paltry 2 goals and 3 assists this season for his AI club playing as an inside forward in 25 games). The inside forward is my favourite role, I reserve it for the best and love to see them dribble past players and cause havoc. So it is annoying after paying money for the game, the role has so many bugs that I have to alter the way I enjoy playing. I don't expect that at full release.

Dribbling which is my favourite attribute seems to be so poorly implemented that it does take a lot of the fun away, my goals tend to be the same no matter what way I play. I do hope they can fix it soon as the game is very good aside from that.

Ā 

I do wonder if this gripe about the IF/IW is just down to people not knowing or wanting to play the game properly.

I don't know if there is enough emphasis placed on training and tactical set-ups.

I see real tangible differences in how my team and players perform when making well thought out training schedules.

Tactically sometimes there is no option of cutting inside from the wing against well set up opponents, you're not going to get a highlight of players running inside into traffic.

My players always cut in when the opportunity is there, however I do play on 90 minutes full match highlights.

Edited by Os

5 minutes ago, Os said:

Ā 

I do wonder if this gripe about the IF/IW is just down to people not knowing or wanting to play the game properly.

I don't think there is enough emphasis placed on training and tactical set-ups.

I see real tangible differences in how my team and players perform when making well thought out training schedules.

Tactically sometimes there is no option of cutting inside from the wing against well set up opponents, you're not going to get a highlight of players running inside into traffic.

My players always cut in when the opportunity is there, however I do play on 90 minutes full match highlights.

Thats what I have been saying, Ive seen evidence and others have posted game play action showing it. Others say they've not seen it. I play comprehensive highllights. Would be interesting for those that dont see it to confirm what highlight option they use

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

saysĀ  someone who has never raised an issue in the bug reporting threads.

How would you know? This is not my original account on these forums (I lost control of the email that I used for it). I've logged many bugs in the past and most were ignored.Ā 

Pathetic comment.

1 hour ago, Os said:

Ā 

I don't know if there is enough emphasis placed on training and tactical set-ups.

Ā I didn't mention cutting inside, its more the lack of dribbling. My inside forward when I used one, his goals were 80% headers at the back post even though his heading stat is below 10. Regardless of that, out of his 23 goals from that side, 1 was a dribble past a defender. I altered tactics so there was less traffic in that area and it didn't change the outcome. To clarify, my inside forward had the 'dribbles more often' trait. The instructions also is to 'run at defence' but I don't see it.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

Thats what I have been saying, Ive seen evidence and others have posted game play action showing it. Others say they've not seen it. I play comprehensive highllights. Would be interesting for those that dont see it to confirm what highlight option they use

Ā 

Do you both believe there isn't a problem?Ā 

2 minutes ago, Ranquelme said:

Ā I didn't mention cutting inside, its more the lack of dribbling. My inside forward when I used one, his goals were 80% headers at the back post even though his heading stat is below 10. Regardless of that, out of his 23 goals from that side, 1 was a dribble past a defender. I altered tactics so there was less traffic in that area and it didn't change the outcome. To clarify, my inside forward had the 'dribbles more often' trait. The instructions also is to 'run at defence' but I don't see it.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Do you both believe there isn't a problem?Ā 

Its been raised by a lot people so it must be. Whether this is down to formation / highlights used to watch game I dont know. I wouldn't know how many times a match you would expect an IW / IF to do it . I dont think its captured statistically by the ME so that suggest its based on what people see or dont. I think its being looked at by SI, perhaps it just needs some tuning / tweaking. I'd rather see possession and human manager dominance prioritised above it but everyone values different game elements differently

Ā 

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT completely destroyed.Ā 

Mentoring- too slow or doesn't work. I have never seen that player mentoring increased players professionalism orĀ  determination. It only influence unimportant attributes like pressure loyalty etc etc. I had mentors with significantly influence with more than 200 matches for club and amazing personalities. Also they are in same social group as youngsters and they are at the top of hierarchy. In past versions we could see that young players recieved some of mentors traits. This year i haven't seen this happens even once.Ā 

General player development- 16 year old players cant develop a single attribute if they don't start matches. This is so unrealistic. In previous version and in reality training is much more important at this age. 21 year old player Angel Gomes with determination 15, professionalism and ambition 14 ( after welcoming period) had 10 goals and 24 assist in PL, played in almost all Euro cup games and also in final developed only one attribute in more than 400 days. And than i do a Hull city save where 26 year old players with lower determination, proff, amb and avarage rating improved like 10 atrributes in a year in a lower league with worst facilities. I must admit this is the most ridicolous thing i have seen for a long time in fm!

Individual training- Almost no effect and almost every player is complaining that he is unhappy with individual training no matter how low or high is his professionalism or attribute that i want to increase.Ā 

Ā 

Can i please have any information from someone from SI are you working on some changes or you have a plan to leave it like this?

For all people who will say this is better and realistic and it was too fast in previous versions if you compare things and say now it's better than i really don't have any comment.Ā  Maybe you are masochist and you enjoy the fact that you can't reach players full potential no matter what you do.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks in advance.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

I wouldn't know how many times a match you would expect an IW / IF to do it . I dont think its captured statistically by the ME so that suggest its based on what people see or dont. I think its being looked at by SI, perhaps it just needs some tuning / tweaking.Ā 

Ā 

Almost every time especially if a player has weak other foot. That's instinct and such players should run into cul-de-sacs frequently. On the other hand quality players and those with stronger weak foot should be able to run down the line a little more. Around penalty area opponent should be able to show to weaker foot when defending and that's another thing but in open space every player will move to the side of his stronger foot almost every time. And that's exactly the point of inverted wingers to move directly towards goal. In FM players use their weaker foot far too much like everyone is Kane.

24 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Almost every time especially if a player has weak other foot. That's instinct and such players should run into cul-de-sacs frequently.Ā 

Do you watch the matches in full and still dont see IF/IWs run into cul de sacs?

And do you really expect an IW to rather run into a tightly packed DM area rather than going on the outside if there's plenty of room there?
Maybe it is too hard to figure out how to make the most of your IWs in this years edition, but these comments that says it never happens and its a bug etc clearly aren't seeing everything as a whole. This years version seems much more complex, just look at the new pressing system, way harder to get right than the old one.

But to say its impossible and never happens says more about those posters understanding of the game rather than the game it self IMO. Otherwise we'd all have the same problem, since we're playing the same game.

I can't be the only person who is fed up with the number of set piece goals in this year's game?

I swear 75% of the goals are from corners, direct free kicks, indirect free kicks, or penalties.

Ā 

Just had a 4-2 loss:

2 penaties

2 corners

1 indirect free kick

1 open play goal (omg!)

Ā 

And this isn't just a one-off. It barely feels like football, the lack of chances or goals from actual open play moves...

41 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

Do you watch the matches in full and still dont see IF/IWs run into cul de sacs?

And do you really expect an IW to rather run into a tightly packed DM area rather than going on the outside if there's plenty of room there?
Maybe it is too hard to figure out how to make the most of your IWs in this years edition, but these comments that says it never happens and its a bug etc clearly aren't seeing everything as a whole. This years version seems much more complex, just look at the new pressing system, way harder to get right than the old one.

But to say its impossible and never happens says more about those posters understanding of the game rather than the game it self IMO. Otherwise we'd all have the same problem, since we're playing the same game.

Ok I've said that players use and go into direction of weaker foot too much not that they never cut inside. I agree with you a lot also for example without sufficient width they shouldn't be able to cut inside effectively. But basic things like players moving away from goal direction in counter attacks is happening for long time now in FM. That's why I mentioned weaker foot and direction I think this little thing needs to be fixed. But you can't argue that players in real life instinctively move in direction of stronger foot when they can.

Edited by Mitja

Re the IW/IF bug, I don't think people are trying to say theyĀ never cut inside. I'm sure everyone could find highlights where they do in fact cut inside, but the fact of the matter is they drift wide far too often. Some people in this thread seem adamant that there isn't an issue despite the fact that SI have acknowledged that the roles aren't playing as expected and it is something they are looking to address as soon as possible

Ā 

Edited by ap766

Feedback: I have players who are tired and need rest and then I have them skip a match or two. They are usually key players and play almost every game. However, I do that and they often suddenly feel 'alienated' from the squad. What does that even mean?

And question: how do I make them not feel 'alienated' (talk about extreme wording) if they skip two irrelevant games against bottom-table clubs?

I'm enjoying FM22 but here are some game play issues which annoy me (skipping the issues which I've seen here already and apologies if others have raised these):

• crossing seems overpowered:Ā  I'll frequently see my very average, Vanarama North players, who are pressed near the touchline, swing in crosses so good that Trent or Cancelo probably couldn't make them;
  • maybe too many set-piece goals but not enough goals on set-piece counters, for me or my opponents;
  • too easy for my team, which was predicted for relegation from the Van North, to finish top 4 and upset Van Nat'l and L2 teams in cup matches (Liverpool only beat me 5-0 at Anfield, which seems too close);
  • my Vanarama North scouting meetings just keep recycling the same free-transfer names.Ā  Yes, my scouts are pathetic, but I have them set to scout my league and the National League for 'useful' players and I get no recs.Ā  Makes it hard to plan summer transfers;
  • some of my players with extremely low Determination appear pretty resilient during matches (their training does suck, which is appropriate);
  • young players don't seem to develop, at all, though admittedly I do have lame training facilities;

more minor

• some issues with media interactions, especially when there is no multiple choice answer which is acceptable so I click 'no comment';
  • my board blocks promises:Ā  I promised to upgrade coaching, found an affordable upgrade, but the board won't let me do it = angry players

I am not going to get into linguistic discussions again of whether IF or IW cut inside never, almost never or rarely. Because for some the only argument against me is that I used the word never and, as a colleague has quoted, SI answered me recognizing the bug and without insisting in a ridiculous way on the literalness of the word never. In my country they say "A good understanding few words are enough", in other words, any intelligent person understands where the problem is.

It is evidence that these roles do not work properly. It's not about tactical skills, it doesn't take a genius to instruct your wing players to cut in or dribble to defense but they have an exaggerated tendency to end up on the wing with a weak leg cross or back pass and not try to dribble the defender.

Of course it depends on the game situation, if you have 3 defenders closing on the inside, it is normal to try to go outside, but there are too many occasions 1 vs 1 or counterattacks where dribbling players can dribble their defender on the inside or cut inside and look for a shot or a pass with a good leg, they end up in the corner using the weak leg.

I respect everyone's opinion, I understand that with certain styles of play this problem is less, I always play fast and on the counterattack so that every match I see too many situations where my attackers have space or 1 vs 1 situations and most end in the corner even if instructed to cut in and dribble.

If some of you like that almost all the plays that your IF / IW starts end in the corner, perfect, you have a way to configure it like this in the tactics, the problem is that those of us who want our IF / IW to look for the shot on goal or dribbling or cut inside, order it in tactics and they rarely do.

Edited by david_kax

21 minutes ago, PeacemakerBR said:

Hi guys,

On FM 21, patch 21.1.3 was released on 3rd December. Are there any expectations about when the next patch for FM 22 will be released?

Cheers!

Nobody apart from SI know the details or timing of the next update- all we can say is that it is usually in December and usually before Xmas.Ā  Details will be announced on the forums when it is released.