*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, Prej said:

I think both of you didn't even read my post.

Let me quote myself: "Sure, he's 19 now, so you can try to improve his crossing, but you won't find newgen WBs with decent crossing from the start".

Iam Sorry, but I think you are maybe looking for another type of player.  That is why I used the way mold. Newgens do have certains clusters of attributes, if you want other clusters you need to look at other positions and retrain. 

If you want your newgens to be more technical (better crossing, passing ect.) you want to have head of youth and u19 coaching staff with a technical style of training. Specific Countries (Brasil) can produce FB/WB that are more about offensive.

So, maybe you also want to try a partnership with a brasilian team.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yellowbucket58 said:

Here's a report a did on Regen fullbacks/wingbacks and reported on the bug tracker. It's under review so hopefully it'll get fixed:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/570_all-other-gameplay/poor-regen-fullbackwingback-crossing-and-dribbling-ability-data-provided-r5257/?tab=comments#comment-31730

In short, crossing and dribbling are poor among Regen fullbacks/Wingbacks. I avoid the issue by retraining, so I personally don't have this problem, however the AI doesn't do this so they deploy fullbacks/wingback who don't necessarily have the attributes to play a rather dynamic position well. 

Also of note, Crossing is poor on all Regens regardless of the position they play. In my two test saves the game starts with 371 players with a crossing of 15+. After 20 years once the game is all Regens they were only 22 and 30 players with 15+ crossing (all Regens, no real players were playing anymore). A huge reduction in crossing ability across the database. I understand the talent level in 20 years isn't going to be the exact same as the one in the start of the save but a reduction from 371 players to 22 and 30 seems rather excessive.

Issue has been around for 5+ years and still not fixed

Not sure if this was the same in all previous years, but if I set OIs on specific positions in the tactic creator, it would be nice if I didn't have to go and select all players before a game to apply it to the positions, and that it would also automatically apply to substitutes.

4 hours ago, Thalo said:

Not sure if this was the same in all previous years, but if I set OIs on specific positions in the tactic creator, it would be nice if I didn't have to go and select all players before a game to apply it to the positions, and that it would also automatically apply to substitutes.

You don’t have to. Scroll down to @Rashidi’s comment 

In this thread

15 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

You don’t have to. Scroll down to @Rashidi’s comment 

In this thread

Thanks for that. It isn't very clear though that the OIs are still applied.

OIs also aren't tactic specific which would be a nice feature. May have a OI to trigger the press whenever the DM gets the ball, but when I switch to a SUS tactic, I might not want that to happen.

2 hours ago, Aksi92 said:

Is there a way to block live results updates through the match? I really don't care about that and it just bothers me.

Amen. I've learned to live with it. But this is a video game; we shouldn't have to just live with stuff we don't like. I check the league tables after the match, but I don't need to be told when I'm trying to pay attention to My match, what's going on elsewhere. I would understand if it activates on the final day of the season or something, or if you could have the option to turn it off.

23 hours ago, _mxrky said:

Issue has been around for 5+ years and still not fixed

I tried to make my report as convincing as possible, as it's something that may seem minor but really affects long term saves. The data clearly points to something being wrong so I hope attributes for regens are tweaked. Would massively improve the enjoyability of a long term save.

13 hours ago, WizbaII said:

Amen. I've learned to live with it. But this is a video game; we shouldn't have to just live with stuff we don't like. I check the league tables after the match, but I don't need to be told when I'm trying to pay attention to My match, what's going on elsewhere. I would understand if it activates on the final day of the season or something, or if you could have the option to turn it off.

So actually we can't turn it off? Daaamn...

1 hour ago, Trugdish said:

There are still lots of issues with this game, the problem with Football Manager that I've always found is that bugs or quirks remain in the game version after version for years. 

I guess because the game isn't built from the ground up every season it's just iterations

You are perfectly right about it. But the stats beeing inconsistent is partly about that, and partly about the new introduction of the datahub.

Maybe it would be a thing, to just make a fm23 from ground up. Don't take any code from previous versions, but emulate what is beeing given and have consistent new code all through the game.

Then you could maybe have 3 sequenzes (fm23-fm24-fm25), after that you scrape it again, built a new game.

Personally I would sign up for it, and give 4/3 of the price of fm22, but then have 3 Years of Fm Edition that fo work in all their features from the get go.

В 19.12.2021 в 12:19, Novem9 сказал:

After all, I realized that I don't like play FM. It's better every new edition, no doubt. After new FM is very difficult to return in prev edition(s). Otherwise, I would have continued to play FM08 or FM10 :)
Management is better, AI is better, ME is better (some issues were in EVERY edition, please stop to idealize some of them), new features, etc. Don't sure about newgens - looks like 10 years ago faces more better and attributes were more realistic.

Anyway, it's just not for me. FM difficulty is strange and makes me unhappy. Two options - win everything and lose motivation to continue or lose everything and nothing works.
I'd happily prefer easier settings. Few styles (but which all working fine!), 2-3 roles for positions and meditative gameplay. I don't need visual extra variety at all, but I want my tactics and those of my opponent to look predictable and consistent. Including results of teams in accordance with level of players. That's how I remember FM08 and FM10.

I don't buy FM22 after 5 years of preorders, but I deleted FM21 after my Sampdoria finished in 4th place, in next season had troubles almost in all league games, but destroyed Liverpool and Barcelona in ChL playoff. Just one example from many, and this is no sence for me and I have many other videogames and other interests to waste my time.
As many people, I was addicted to FM and tried to stop few times :D For now I hope it's done. If it wll be FM or FM mode or game from other devs with simpler engine but more understandable and casual - I will buy this on the same day. FM is unique product, but current state is frustrating me. Glad if people enjoy it! :) 

Looks like I was wrong. It was message from man who tired by FM21. Finally I check FM22 and this is real step forward :thup: Play few games in lower loe and looks great. Probably because I won these games :D but movements, decisions and variability are felt even in 2D.
From negative - faces are creepy and interface... SI, columns in squad menu were bugged in FM15 at least. Really difficult to move them. Really, when you fix this? :( 

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Looks like I was wrong. It was message from man who tired by FM21. Finally I check FM22 and this is real step forward :thup: Play few games in lower loe and looks great. Probably because I won these games :D but movements, decisions and variability are felt even in 2D.
From negative - faces are creepy and interface... SI, columns in squad menu were bugged in FM15 at least. Really difficult to move them. Really, when you fix this? :( 

hqdefault.jpg

:D

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

In case of someone ask: "Have you seen GK getting injured?".

Yes, my first choice GK for Dulwich Hamlet (and overspend in wage to get him), for 5 weeks.

11.thumb.png.c0545bb0d69d31330c6ac1c9f5e33189.png

I think the issue is that goalkeepers never get injured during a match, so a reserve keeper on the bench is redundant.  Injuries in training do happen.

Example: I want to have my assistant coach go to interviews and he doesn't show up. I only managed to put an option through the message box. The entire technical team should show up and it doesn't show up, whether it's team A, B or sub19 The rest of the technical team has yet to appear, I think it's a bug

Screenshot_1.png.fe572e443acc75d1b7f68cd7f1e534c3.png

Promoted to championship from League 1, 3 years ahead of the boards vision. Sit 7th in the Championship after 30 games and 2 points from Playoffs after Media predicted us to go straight down and board wanted us to fight Relegation. But this guy still is blocking my transfers and wont budge claiming with underachieving. 

wimbledon.thumb.jpg.4a194615cde720851dbc9586b139aa9c.jpg

1 hour ago, Verby said:

Promoted to championship from League 1, 3 years ahead of the boards vision. Sit 7th in the Championship after 30 games and 2 points from Playoffs after Media predicted us to go straight down and board wanted us to fight Relegation. But this guy still is blocking my transfers and wont budge claiming with underachieving. 

wimbledon.thumb.jpg.4a194615cde720851dbc9586b139aa9c.jpg

Please report this in the Bugs forum and not on here and it has a chance of getting looked at as it is clearly not right.

10 часов назад, rp1966 сказал:

I think the issue is that goalkeepers never get injured during a match, so a reserve keeper on the bench is redundant.  Injuries in training do happen.

I'm one of those freak who take reserve GK on every game. For all years I remember one time when I changed my GK (not sure injury or red card?)
Totally worth it! :lol:

21 hours ago, Trugdish said:

There are still lots of issues with this game, the problem with Football Manager that I've always found is that bugs or quirks remain in the game version after version for years. 

I guess because the game isn't built from the ground up every season it's just iterations

I was just thinking the other day that some parts, or "modules" of this game really needs to be teared down and rebuilt from scratch. Things that has been wonky for years now.

6 hours ago, fabiogabriel said:

Example: I want to have my assistant coach go to interviews and he doesn't show up. I only managed to put an option through the message box. The entire technical team should show up and it doesn't show up, whether it's team A, B or sub19 The rest of the technical team has yet to appear, I think it's a bug

Screenshot_1.png.fe572e443acc75d1b7f68cd7f1e534c3.png

Yes, currently marked as "under review" and SI have a look.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

I was just thinking the other day that some parts, or "modules" of this game really needs to be teared down and rebuilt from scratch. Things that has been wonky for years now.

That is why I play FM21, It just works so much better. You can actually enjoy the game, while playing it. No need to putting the things in your head "this would be great if it would work".

Just finished the current season on comprehensive off the back of the last update. Went for a 4-2-3-1 Nagelsmann replication to try and stress the things that bugged me in FM21.

Goal scoring centre forwards - well, they are just a delight, world class ones feel absolutely horrible to play against if you haven't planned properly, and are fun to use. Feel like all the variations of forwards i've used so far feel different, which wasn't always the case in FM21

Inside forwards - two things stand out: on the ball movement when wide -obviously trying to run inside more, but actually need to check back more, and i think their passbacks when they do often go too deep, would like to see them utilise the strong footed in swinging cross more. They are also spinning the wrong way too often, rather than rolling the ball across the body. Off the ball movement is very good, and on the ball movement overall is still pretty decent, with room for improvement.

Headers - need more variation on them, headed low/into the ground. Players don't get over them enough so they always go over the top if they miss. Players are probably too keen to head the ball when in space, and actually have time to control it and play it, especially when shooting. Heading accuracy probably slightly too low, if inside fowards/crossing gets tighten up, and players choosing to head the ball gets decreased a bit, would like to see heading accuracy (attack and defence) increased

Pressing - put the effort in with OIs and reap the rewards. Pressing traps are brilliant to watch, but also finding myself having to think about pressing in my formations matches up with pressing various other shapes, and how the opposition are likely to press me, especially since i play out the back. Feels like FM22 makes you think more about this than previous ones, which can only be a good thing imo.

Opposition teams feel different when you play them, rather than the same same of FM20

Standout players feel like standout players (look forward to the day Mo Salah retires) when you use them and AI seem to use them to decent effect, though I think AI tactical replications could be better at times. 

Finishing - loads of variations to it, which makes quality forwards great to use. Nothing more enjoyable than watching an inside forward running on to a through ball, and dinking over an on rushing keeper

Overall lots I like, and few key things that i'd like to see addressed in the ME, but overall very much a hit so far

I want to praise this version: The strikers are the top scorers in competitions, thank God! Players with quality finishing, decisions, heading are true scorers!

But I wanted to ask for attention in the VAR, the judge never goes on television, this could be a little (just a little) more frequent in the game. Another issue is the goals at the end, it seems that the game is set to always happen in the final minutes (whether mine or the computer), in real life it has really happened in decisive games, but as it is a simulator, it has to be less to not become standard.

I hope the big update brings more dribbling (body movement, short dribbling, dribbling with fine technique being evident). The game still has issues that cause irritation, the interior forwards often still pull to the wings, the goalkeepers still slip a lot in moves that happen years of Football Manager. Speaking of goalkeepers, a move that is totally strange and always happens is when a defender moves the ball back, the goal net swings and it appears written that the crowd asks for a goal (as if the ball had passed the line), this never happens in life real.

I'm really enjoying this version, just wanting a refinement of the ME that the game is the best ever!

One thing that Ive noiced over the last few editions of FM is that AI Managers getting sacked or keeping thier job is difficult to predict in game, whilst a manager leaving a club while doing well for another similar club(sideways move) is almost guaranteed.

Im currently in my 4th Season managing Lyon in Ligue 1 and won the league with 105 and 103 pts just pipping PSG who managed 100+pts too even though they were runners up, then in my 3rd season they left me as i could only manage 90pts and this season i though i would be left again as i only managed to sign 1 player who was an improvement on my starting line up and generally cant compete with most clubs to sign top players and cant use the sign out of favour talents i used in my first couple seasons, which is no longer possible due to most clubs in europe having a much higher wage structure then mine...

however PSG are struggling 12 pts behind after 14 games and currently 4th in thier CL group with 1 game left

Pochettinos job is STILL Secure

this would not happen in real life... PSG currently are trying to replace him and he is miles out in front in Ligue 1

and many clubs hold onto managers who dont win anything for 15+ seasons just because they make CL every season on some saves

but on the other hand on another save game he might win Ligue 1 then 8 games into the next season he gets sacked because he is 4pts off 1st in 4th wih a game in hand or something stupid like that

and it happens at many big clubs especially with high reputation managers like Guardiola, Simeone, Klopp etc..

very random

On 27/12/2021 at 21:20, mikcheck said:

Would you say it's much better than FM21, ME wise? 

My personal view, is that this ME is much better than 21 was at final stage and if they can make the changes to the inside forwards/wingers and take a look at heading, it's going to take another leap. Certainly the most enjoyable ME I've played, as someone who tends to do a replication each FM. 

17 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Just finished the current season on comprehensive off the back of the last update. Went for a 4-2-3-1 Nagelsmann replication to try and stress the things that bugged me in FM21.

Goal scoring centre forwards - well, they are just a delight, world class ones feel absolutely horrible to play against if you haven't planned properly, and are fun to use. Feel like all the variations of forwards i've used so far feel different, which wasn't always the case in FM21

Inside forwards - two things stand out: on the ball movement when wide -obviously trying to run inside more, but actually need to check back more, and i think their passbacks when they do often go too deep, would like to see them utilise the strong footed in swinging cross more. They are also spinning the wrong way too often, rather than rolling the ball across the body. Off the ball movement is very good, and on the ball movement overall is still pretty decent, with room for improvement.

Headers - need more variation on them, headed low/into the ground. Players don't get over them enough so they always go over the top if they miss. Players are probably too keen to head the ball when in space, and actually have time to control it and play it, especially when shooting. Heading accuracy probably slightly too low, if inside fowards/crossing gets tighten up, and players choosing to head the ball gets decreased a bit, would like to see heading accuracy (attack and defence) increased

Pressing - put the effort in with OIs and reap the rewards. Pressing traps are brilliant to watch, but also finding myself having to think about pressing in my formations matches up with pressing various other shapes, and how the opposition are likely to press me, especially since i play out the back. Feels like FM22 makes you think more about this than previous ones, which can only be a good thing imo.

Opposition teams feel different when you play them, rather than the same same of FM20

Standout players feel like standout players (look forward to the day Mo Salah retires) when you use them and AI seem to use them to decent effect, though I think AI tactical replications could be better at times. 

Finishing - loads of variations to it, which makes quality forwards great to use. Nothing more enjoyable than watching an inside forward running on to a through ball, and dinking over an on rushing keeper

Overall lots I like, and few key things that i'd like to see addressed in the ME, but overall very much a hit so far

Agree with you. But still some minor bugs here and there.

The players (even opposition) always cross to the middle of penalty box and the strikers will try to head it from too far out. Ball eventually caught by the keeper.
I really want to see IF/IW taking on defenders and cutting in instead of running down the line and pass back to the wingbacks. The only thing I like about IF is that they tend to make diagonal runs in.

8 hours ago, Showerman said:

One thing that Ive noiced over the last few editions of FM is that AI Managers getting sacked or keeping thier job is difficult to predict in game, whilst a manager leaving a club while doing well for another similar club(sideways move) is almost guaranteed.

I was just thinking of this myself. It seems like clubs are too quick to fire managers early in the season. 

In my weekly staff meeting, my coaches often suggest mentoring group changes which inevitably leave the mentoring groups imbalanced or incomplete. The information complicates things rather than solve any problems. Same goes for coach's training assignments. 

Look at Di Lernia's stats here. Team page says he made 4 key passes, and 3 CCCs. Individual stats only show 2 of each. Really frustrating. Trying to understand where I loose the ball, and have to check every highlight for a lost possession that doesn't correlate to a pass. Sometimes its tackle, which there is no stat for to be able to filter out. Else it is a cross or pass that doesn't register anywhere. And to make it even more tedious, you have to reapply all the filters after each highlight as they aren't saved. Not to mention all the other lost possessions that may not be correctly recorded just like all the missed passes and tackles.

20211228125802_1.thumb.jpg.72b26448ac5a1847bf5e7ac1ece4f735.jpg20211228130432_1.thumb.jpg.7e9f65f36fa1d72e100287008cb185ab.jpg

4 hours ago, Thalo said:

Look at Di Lernia's stats here. Team page says he made 4 key passes, and 3 CCCs. Individual stats only show 2 of each. Really frustrating. Trying to understand where I loose the ball, and have to check every highlight for a lost possession that doesn't correlate to a pass. Sometimes its tackle, which there is no stat for to be able to filter out. Else it is a cross or pass that doesn't register anywhere. And to make it even more tedious, you have to reapply all the filters after each highlight as they aren't saved. Not to mention all the other lost possessions that may not be correctly recorded just like all the missed passes and tackles.

20211228125802_1.thumb.jpg.72b26448ac5a1847bf5e7ac1ece4f735.jpg20211228130432_1.thumb.jpg.7e9f65f36fa1d72e100287008cb185ab.jpg

For key passes the team page doesnt count set pieces whereas the player page does. 

For CCC the team page doesnt count chances where the player that takes the shot doesnt shoot with his first touch whereas the player page does. It also has the same rules set piece rules as the key passes.

The player page also counts passes that were offside whereas the team page doesnt. 

It's still a bug but hopefully it gives some context. So those missing CCCs will be counted as key passes in the team page. It's been in the game for 2 years running now. I posted this information as an update to a acknowledged bug in the forum but havent got a response for a while now.

I'm also really surprised that no one mentions the fact that during the match you can see loads of replays of clear cut chances but then if you have the Match Stats open on the tablet it shows much less clear cut chances. It's because of the reason I said above.

Edited by Platinum

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

For key passes the team page doesnt count set pieces whereas the player page does. 

For CCC the team page doesnt count chances where the player that takes the shot doesnt shoot with his first touch whereas the player page does. It also has the same rules set piece rules as the key passes.

The player page also counts passes that were offside whereas the team page doesnt. 

It's still a bug but hopefully it gives some context. So those missing CCCs will be counted as key passes in the team page. It's been in the game for 2 years running now. I posted this information as an update to a acknowledged bug in the forum but havent got a response for a while now.

I'm also really surprised that no one mentions the fact that during the match you can see loads of replays of clear cut chances but then if you have the Match Stats open on the tablet it shows much less clear cut chances. It's because of the reason I said above.

I also reported last year. Was acknowledged but I guess never fixed. Also noticed today clearances are completely missing from the player page.

Was curious to see if it's been around for a while, so installed FM17, and sure enough first game, stats didn't correlate. If they haven't fixed it for 5 years at least, not holding my breath they'll get it done for the final patch of this version.

1 hour ago, Thalo said:

I also reported last year. Was acknowledged but I guess never fixed. Also noticed today clearances are completely missing from the player page.

Was curious to see if it's been around for a while, so installed FM17, and sure enough first game, stats didn't correlate. If they haven't fixed it for 5 years at least, not holding my breath they'll get it done for the final patch of this version.

Thats just football manager quirks, bugs last for 5/6 versions quite often

23 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

My personal view, is that this ME is much better than 21 was at final stage and if they can make the changes to the inside forwards/wingers and take a look at heading, it's going to take another leap. Certainly the most enjoyable ME I've played, as someone tends to do a replication each FM. 

Totally agree with this. It just has lead to some weird side effects for AI Klopp, since that patch he gets fired pretty much everywhere after one or half a season. :D

What is with lower league opposition scoring screamers against me? Preseason playing against amateur/semi pro clubs and I've conceded about half a dozen rockets in 6 matches. Players shooting from 25, 30 yards into the top, bottom corner. Absolute worldies from players with such low technique and long shots. Meanwhile, I'm back to missing 1 on 1 chances with the keeper. 

On 28/12/2021 at 12:32, Thalo said:

Quite dissapointing that it's been present for at least 5 years now, would be good to get a bit more transparency on this issue. I know SI dont like it when bugs exist for years so would be good to get some insight.