*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/01/2022 at 10:54, rp1966 said:

Is that playing full screen?  I play on a 4K monitor and use windowed and don't get huge amounts of dead space, but that's on a 3840 x 2160 resolution.  Yours looks like it may be an ultra-wide, which probably is never going to scale well width-wise; should be able to fill more spce vertically and horizontally while maintaining proportion, though.  Have you tried windowed?

FM22.png.6b86918432a970b9778ca32a84b0fb8e.png

The issue is only present with pre-match team selection screen. Other screens are scaling properly.

Thinking of starting a new save. When do you guys think the next patch will be released? If it is in March, I would like to start a new save, if it will be soon in February, I may be continuing my old save... Can anyone give a time period? I know, they won't release the exact date...

1 minute ago, goku4 said:

Thinking of starting a new save. When do you guys think the next patch will be released? If it is in March, I would like to start a new save, if it will be soon in February, I may be continuing my old save... Can anyone give a time period? I know, they won't release the exact date...

Nobody can be sure but the update is not normally released till all the transfer windows have closed and that is usually at the end of February/beginning of March.  I would guess for early March.

Transfer Markets which is still open (or some has been closed) after January:

- Israel (3/2)
- Austria & Turkey (7&8 Feb)
- Azerbaijan (9/2)
- Serbia (11/2)
- Hungary (14/2)
- Romania (14/2)
- Swiss (15/2)
- Croatia (15/2)
- Slovenia (15/2)
- Russia (22/2)
- Czech (22/2)
- Poland (28/2)
- Ukraine (2/3)
- Mexico - Iran (1/2 & 2/2)
- Australia (10/2)
- Argentina (23/2)
- Brazil (12/4)

====

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Nobody can be sure but the update is not normally released till all the transfer windows have closed and that is usually at the end of February/beginning of March.  I would guess for early March.

Wow, thx for the quick reply. Then, it would be worth it to start a new save, I guess :)

2 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Transfer Markets which is still open (or some has been closed) after January:

- Israel (3/2)
- Austria & Turkey (7&8 Feb)
- Azerbaijan (9/2)
- Serbia (11/2)
- Hungary (14/2)
- Romania (14/2)
- Swiss (15/2)
- Croatia (15/2)
- Slovenia (15/2)
- Russia (22/2)
- Czech (22/2)
- Poland (28/2)
- Ukraine (2/3)
- Mexico - Iran (1/2 & 2/2)
- Australia (10/2)
- Argentina (23/2)
- Brazil (12/4)

====

Think, we will not wait till Brazil, right? All I can remember from previous years was that China was the latest one that SI waited for. That should be end of February.

7 minutes ago, goku4 said:

Think, we will not wait till Brazil, right? All I can remember from previous years was that China was the latest one that SI waited for. That should be end of February.

Last year, I think it was 15 March the Winter Update.

I started keeping a note of how each goal was scored (for or against me):

Open Play Goals: 31

Indirect Free Kicks: 10

Penalties: 10

Direct Free Kicks: 1

Throw Ins: 4

Route One: 2

Totalling 31 goals from open play, 27 goals from set piece situations

But it's also the general feeling of the games that really needs vast improvement. The highlight reels consist so heavily of free kicks headed over, corners headed over, direct free kicks against the posts. I get that set pieces are a part of the game, but they're not the only part of the game! I can spend ages fine tuning my formation so that in general play we look solid all game, but we concede so often from free kicks 40 yards out it's almost like none of the normal play really matters...

Edited by Hurball

2 saat önce, FrazT said:

For the last 2 years, they have been publishing 2 separate updates as January transfers and February transfers. The January transfer update was released on February 22 last year, and February 20 the year before that.

1 hour ago, Hurball said:

I started keeping a note of how each goal was scored (for or against me):

Open Play Goals: 31

Indirect Free Kicks: 10

Penalties: 10

Direct Free Kicks: 1

Throw Ins: 4

Route One: 2

Totalling 31 goals from open play, 27 goals from set piece situations

I'm sorry, but there seem to be some serious flaws with your research.

For starters, why are you counting 'route-one' goals that didn't specifically come from a set-piece as coming from a set-piece situation? If your striker scored from a counter-attacking long ball, would that not be from open play? Or does it not count because it isn't a typical 'pretty' open-play goal?

And when do you count a goal as coming from a set-piece? If the goal is scored or assisted directly from the set-piece? If it's scored within 5 seconds of the set piece? Within 10 seconds? Within 30 seconds? Or you just counting any goal where the highlight started with a dead ball, even if the goal wasn't scored until much later?

Not sure where to ask this but I started a new save in danish 1st division. Never before have I played in danish league so reading the rules of the competition it states that EU players don't need work permits. Also, nations counted as EU are also all african nations,pacific nations ,faroe islands. So I have a player who is Ghanian nationality and in his profile there is a tab "work permit". Under this tab it says his WP is valid until 2023. Also it states he currently is not eligible for new work permit. Since his nationality is african, and african countires are counted as EU and therfore work permits are not needed under league rules, is this a bug? Am I missing something?

Never seen this before- I currently have 14 players wanted by other clubs, 11 drawing major interest. Checked Porto, Benfica, and some clubs with similar reps like Lyon, Lille, Sevilla, Monaco, Ajax, and Napoli, and most have 3-5 wanted, with a couple having as many as 7. I get that Sporting are one of the big "development" clubs in Europe, but surely this seems excessive?

Screenshot 2022-02-06 131625.png

28 minutes ago, RCCook said:

Never seen this before- I currently have 14 players wanted by other clubs, 11 drawing major interest. Checked Porto, Benfica, and some clubs with similar reps like Lyon, Lille, Sevilla, Monaco, Ajax, and Napoli, and most have 3-5 wanted, with a couple having as many as 7. I get that Sporting are one of the big "development" clubs in Europe, but surely this seems excessive?

Screenshot 2022-02-06 131625.png

It means you are doing a good job of bringing through talent. AI is largely rubbish at squad building, they let players get old, they get imbalanced, and the like. Typically we humans buy/develop wonderkids and other clubs will want those players.

This is July '39 in FM21, saw the same in FM20. I'm the #1 ranked club in the world and just came off a quintuple-winning season:

image.png.2a4a4b9a74f02f947140e4b2d426245c.png

And that's after giving new deals/selling a few 'wanted' players. Played Real Madrid in the CL a couple seasons ago and 6 of their starting 11 were former players of my Brighton side :lol:

Edit: just grabbed a screencap of the top 15 club's average age as a good indicator:

image.png.d6cf8f544cce9cafc45459326f72e615.png

Edited by CaptCanuck

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

I'm sorry, but there seem to be some serious flaws with your research.

For starters, why are you counting 'route-one' goals that didn't specifically come from a set-piece as coming from a set-piece situation? If your striker scored from a counter-attacking long ball, would that not be from open play? Or does it not count because it isn't a typical 'pretty' open-play goal?

And when do you count a goal as coming from a set-piece? If the goal is scored or assisted directly from the set-piece? If it's scored within 5 seconds of the set piece? Within 10 seconds? Within 30 seconds? Or you just counting any goal where the highlight started with a dead ball, even if the goal wasn't scored until much later?

Nope, I'm only counting goals that come close to immediately from a set piece. If there's any semblance of play at all between the dead ball and the goal I'll chalk it up as open play.

I should specify - Route One is from the goalkeeper, not from a defender or midfielder doing a long pass. This has been raised as a bug though and SI are looking into it - defenders seem incapable of defending long balls over the top that they should easily be able to head clear, but somehow don't. I don't think it's realistic that every goalkeeper turns into Ederson when they have the ball at their feet and is able to ping a 70-yard pass into a striker's path.

Throw ins are counted only when they're a short throw that's crossed in straightaway. This is a type of goal that's rarely seen in real life, but this ME loves them. Short throw, pass back to throw taker, cross into box, headed chance.

Marking from set pieces was a big issue in FM20 and it's an issue again in FM22. Too many headers are won by strikers, even against 6'7" defenders.

At times it feels like the game is beautiful once it gets into "normal" patterns of play - with both teams set out as expected, the game knows where to drag players and where they go to cover any spaces etc. But outside of that, i.e. in set piece situations, it's unsure of what to do and this results in way too many chances coming straight from corners or free kicks in seemingly-harmless locations.

5 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

It means you are doing a good job of bringing through talent. AI is largely rubbish at squad building, they let players get old, they get imbalanced, and the like. Typically we humans buy/develop wonderkids and other clubs will want those players.

I have a couple wonderkids, but my average squad age is 26. Most of my wanted players are in the 24-28 age range.

Edited by RCCook

hace 21 horas, goku4 dijo:

I really don't understand why from a few years already we need to tie the data update after the markets are closed with gameplay bug fixing and improvement. SI used to be a company I admired for being different to the big corporations but even EA puts much more quick patches and bug fixes in FIFA than SI in FM.

I understand SI has more time to fix issues doing this but... to leave clear issues in the game until March, then issue a fix and whatever else is wrong, wait for FM2X it's totally against old SI values or at least what I perceived in my 25+ years playing CM/FM.

Of course nothing we can do other than to rant and to not to preorder anymore. I'm still playing FM21 despite preordering FM22 as I do every year but I promise myself this is the last one I buy before March just out of own values.

9 minutes ago, Icy said:

I really don't understand why from a few years already we need to tie the data update after the markets are closed with gameplay bug fixing and improvement. SI used to be a company I admired for being different to the big corporations but even EA puts much more quick patches and bug fixes in FIFA than SI in FM.

Erm...

Last year the main update was released 22 Feb and transfer update on 15 March so let's wait to see what happens? 

73760942_Screenshot2022-02-07101536.png.5c7d8cee304ff9ef967a8143f7274f16.png

Its the middle of the summer, Italy are out of the Euros and he was on loan at Atalanta last season. Yeah i'll get right on that.

Maybe fewer 'Heads ups' for FM23 generally eh? Fewer starters filling their pants with wee wee because they got a rest before a final in some meanigless games that sort of thing. 

Edited by Purple Bane

hace 19 minutos, HUNT3R dijo:

Erm...

Last year the main update was released 22 Feb and transfer update on 15 March so let's wait to see what happens? 

My bad then, I missread then that it was granted it will be together this year.

So completely bored of players being argumentative for the sake of it.

Evan Rotundo hasn't been able to get any part of my squad for about 4 seasons now. I've been trying to sell him this summer and nothing. He tells me he's going to explore his options at the end of his contract. No issues with that, all good with me but I decide I'll continue to try and sell him anyway. I ask him to see if he can go and find a new club, and he tells me he doesn't want to do that because he's happy here... jesus christ do players really have to be problematic for the sake of being problematic?

Players will haggle for a release clause to be put in, but god forbid you reject an offer that doesn't mean that clause. They come storming to your office like the petulant little babies that they are, and when you tell them they have a clause, they decide "ah but I want to take advantage of the interest in me." Sod off. We're not even dealing with players anymore, we're dealing with toddlers that can't make their mind up.

I understand it's an attempt to replicate how rampant player power is but the reality is it doesn't work. It makes no sense and turns every player interaction into a chore. 

6 hours ago, Purple Bane said:

73760942_Screenshot2022-02-07101536.png.5c7d8cee304ff9ef967a8143f7274f16.png

Its the middle of the summer, Italy are out of the Euros and he was on loan at Atalanta last season. Yeah i'll get right on that.

Maybe fewer 'Heads ups' for FM23 generally eh? Fewer starters filling their pants with wee wee because they got a rest before a final in some meanigless games that sort of thing. 

This really bugs me too. Happens way too often.

Trying to keep Kieran Tierney happy is quite difficult.

Players seems to be massively over-sensitive to playtime/being rested.

I have numerous players in my squad that are literally not fit enough to play every game during the busy parts of the season but still throw a hissy fit if they're rested.

This issue is compounded by the fact that in the conversation with the play about play time, there's like 10 conversation options, none of which are "I was just rotating the squad to keep you fit and healthy for the important games" which would be the sensible and appropriate response to the player.

While annoying at times - if you limit the number of 'important players' at the same position and have a good captain it can be mitigated. I would rather it be 'broken' in a more restrictive manner, than in a looser manner, as it is already easy enough to build up a good squad and I see the intention of making it so you cannot just stack your squad with 25 stars and go on your merry way.

One thing I think would help, is if the logic took into account relative matches played/started in relation to the rest of the players, as opposed to what the code seems to do currently, which is just the absolute value of matches played/started.

If I have an outfield player who is in the top 5 of matches started (relative to the rest of the squad) he really shouldn't kick off about not playing enough, especially as a 'regular starter'. For example in a typical 60 match season across all comps, my best outfield players will be in the 35-40 matches range. Anyone in that window should be happy - especially if they have a good wage and we are winning things. If a 'regular starter' is on pace to be in the 20s, then yes come complain and let's see how that plays out.

Who wants to guess what happens here?

image.png.e361c66c01c1205bfa33bdfee9673757.png

image.png.9e67babac1408a9c9dcacc27fd0b2bbb.png

Annnnnnnnnd.... he turns away and runs wide and gets tackled. Happens way too often in this game. Yards of space, doesn't cross because the AI thinks there's no options, but players in real life would cross that anyway in the hopes one of the strikers reach it. It becomes sillier because they turn AWAY from goal, that's unheard of unless you are trying to run the time out in a tight game.

image.png.2f95039369d0e495ee21c36247a8ea52.png

There needs to be more attempts at crossing that get cleared, it would stop this silly thing all wide players do, they turn away constantly.

image.png

Based on the experience from previous years, is there any particular day of the week that has the best chances to see the winter update? Or it doesn't have any matter and it can appear any day? 😃

One of my annoyances is players won't be called up to international duty because their CA/PA or rep isn't as big as others. Example, I have an Italian striker (Alessio Rosa) for my all conquering Napoli side. Now, I signed him for £3m from Bari after he scored 30 goals in 40 games in Serie B, this was the first issue, he had two similar seasons and no one was interested in him? Why not? I signed solely for realistic purposes because you'd expect a goal scorer like that in Serie B to be targeted by Serie A clubs?

Over 5 seasons now, he has 104 goals in 140 games for me, he has outlasted and outperformed Osimhen, Esposito, Lucca and is currently my main striker (has been for 3 seasons) despite having lower attributes than all of them. The issue is, he hasn't got a single call up for Italy, not even a mention in the media about it, nothing! But Moise Kean with his 7 goals for Rennes gets called up all the time.

2 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Based on the experience from previous years, is there any particular day of the week that has the best chances to see the winter update? Or it doesn't have any matter and it can appear any day? 😃

It used to be a particular day of the week, but recently it has been random.

My guess would be any day that has a "y" in it :D

4 hours ago, Ranquelme said:

One of my annoyances is players won't be called up to international duty because their CA/PA or rep isn't as big as others. Example, I have an Italian striker (Alessio Rosa) for my all conquering Napoli side. Now, I signed him for £3m from Bari after he scored 30 goals in 40 games in Serie B, this was the first issue, he had two similar seasons and no one was interested in him? Why not? I signed solely for realistic purposes because you'd expect a goal scorer like that in Serie B to be targeted by Serie A clubs?

Over 5 seasons now, he has 104 goals in 140 games for me, he has outlasted and outperformed Osimhen, Esposito, Lucca and is currently my main striker (has been for 3 seasons) despite having lower attributes than all of them. The issue is, he hasn't got a single call up for Italy, not even a mention in the media about it, nothing! But Moise Kean with his 7 goals for Rennes gets called up all the time.

Be thankful for the bias! That's one of the pluses of having players from big footballing nations, they might not get picked even if they are excellent and you can avoid this which just happened on my save :(

image.png.b2748e229e050b2456ab5762e17c75e9.png

12 hours ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Who wants to guess what happens here?

image.png.e361c66c01c1205bfa33bdfee9673757.png

image.png.9e67babac1408a9c9dcacc27fd0b2bbb.png

Annnnnnnnnd.... he turns away and runs wide and gets tackled. Happens way too often in this game. Yards of space, doesn't cross because the AI thinks there's no options, but players in real life would cross that anyway in the hopes one of the strikers reach it. It becomes sillier because they turn AWAY from goal, that's unheard of unless you are trying to run the time out in a tight game.

image.png.2f95039369d0e495ee21c36247a8ea52.png

There needs to be more attempts at crossing that get cleared, it would stop this silly thing all wide players do, they turn away constantly.

image.png

Yeah the wide play in this game can be super frustrating at times. The minimum you'd want from that player in the first picture is to drive into the box if there isn't a cross on- either to draw a defender and make space for someone in the middle or to potentially win a penalty. Running away from the penalty area makes no sense unless they're trying to kill time at the end of a game.

1 hour ago, KingCanary said:

Yeah the wide play in this game can be super frustrating at times. The minimum you'd want from that player in the first picture is to drive into the box if there isn't a cross on- either to draw a defender and make space for someone in the middle or to potentially win a penalty. Running away from the penalty area makes no sense unless they're trying to kill time at the end of a game.

Dont have this issue . Very strange but maybe tactics need refining

I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I should be trusting what the match engine is showing me lmao.

This 'press' should've been ripped apart and we should've been on our way up the pitch. Like surely popping it into the dlp who pops it around the corner is a basic pattern we see every weekend but we fail to punish Leverkusen for it. It's proper schoolyard football of just sprint forward to get the ball and we should be taking advantage of it but we don't. Maybe the visual just isn't what's actually happening because this was a ludicrous piece of play to watch 

51643163_Schalke04vBayerLeverkusen_Pitch-5.thumb.png.79c25b2d160166081f65fe878a573a33.png

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

Dont have this issue . Very strange but maybe tactics need refining

Maybe. It is a behaviour I see mainly from my wingbacks rather than from my attackers (who are set to IF or IW generally) so maybe the instructions in there cause it but it is something I've seen a fair bit.

One thing I would love to see changed for future versions of FM is a change to how fans perceive youth signings.

I'll sign a 3 star 18 year old youth prospect on a free to fill out my under-21s and I'll get an F from the fan reaction. Fans don't act this way in real life towards youth signings they won't have heard of before.

A lot of the fan reaction stuff is great, complaining about your tactics or whether they think a player is out of form. I'd love to see more of this.

14 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Soooo are you pleased or not fans? 

image.thumb.png.4d0f3840cf3c2d5a451f53790cfbbe4e.png

I had the same situtation. First, I sign a player on loan, he had an average rating of 7.37 which is amazing and I sign him permanently. 

And they say, he had an average spell. :( 

20 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

Don't know if anyone has suggested this previously, but players taking off their shirts to celebrate & getting booked could definitely be implemented :)

It would cost them too much in licensing for Ronaldo's body image rights alone! :D

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

Reject it, and if the team really wants him they will offer more.

Or they'll offer the same amount but this time half of it over the course of two years. 

A huge problem in FM and im still surprised that it happens, although I suppose its been happening so long that I shouldnt be surprised.

8 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Currently I am enjoying FM22 and that is only because I stopped playing with wingers, instead I am playing without them. A 4132 tactic with one DMC, three CMs and two strikers. 

Do you play a slow possession game?

Do your midfielders score many goals?

Improve the dribbling not saying it doesn't happen in game but its a rarity to see,fix offensive decision making when players are wide and players are free in the box instead of cutting back and recycling the ball, whip it in and fix the 1vs1 and we might have a great great ME.