*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, sverige91 said:

Yes, (Under Xavi, When his contract saga started) last 3 matches when he is fully fit, he was even applauded by crowd, he was good against Valencia too, Barcelona played much better against Napoli when he came on. Almost our best player 2-3 loss against Madrid. 

Well, that just means he is no longer unhappy, isn't it? He looked very unmotivated and did not look like he wanted to be there during the very public discussion about him.

For what it's worth, I don't disagree that the way happiness works in the game should be changed, as I think the players don't react in what I would consider a realistic way in many cases. My prime example is that my previously backup goalkeeper who has played a lot recently should not complain to me because my former first choice goalkeeper is benched. Realistically, he would be trying his best to not get benched again, and just be delighted he gets a run of games. So I think the unhappiness is to black/white, and it should be much easier to sway unhappy players if the results keep coming compared to the expectations. If you don't have the results, then squad discipline could be much more viable.

I simply think the example with Dembele was not the best in this regard, since his situation seems more like the FM ones.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, that just means he is no longer unhappy, isn't it? He looked very unmotivated and did not look like he wanted to be there during the very public discussion about him.

For what it's worth, I don't disagree that the way happiness works in the game should be changed, as I think the players don't react in what I would consider a realistic way in many cases. My prime example is that my previously backup goalkeeper who has played a lot recently should not complain to me because my former first choice goalkeeper is benched. Realistically, he would be trying his best to not get benched again, and just be delighted he gets a run of games. So I think the unhappiness is to black/white, and it should be much easier to sway unhappy players if the results keep coming compared to the expectations. If you don't have the results, then squad discipline could be much more viable.

I simply think the example with Dembele was not the best in this regard, since his situation seems more like the FM ones.

In FM terms, he still should be unhappy
1. Forced out of club, complaining to teammates

2. Threat of reduced playing time, complaining to teammates for unfair treament

3. Highly influential player complaining.

4. Ferran + Traore signing, He should be worried of more competition.

5. In game unhappiness of this kind, never ever dissappears in matter of 2 weeks

With all this squad morale should have been in Red/Orange and media should have been all over Xavi

I was just replying kertiek post, if you are comparing one aspect of the game then you should compare others to, Dont be selective

Unhappiness model could be improved but this more realistic answers. We should also be able to send players to stand for not signing or bad training performance etc.

23 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

In FM terms, he still should be unhappy
1. Forced out of club, complaining to teammates

2. Threat of reduced playing time, complaining to teammates for unfair treament

3. Highly influential player complaining.

4. Ferran + Traore signing, He should be worried of more competition.

5. In game unhappiness of this kind, never ever dissappears in matter of 2 weeks

With all this squad morale should have been in Red/Orange and media should have been all over Xavi

I was just replying kertiek post, if you are comparing one aspect of the game then you should compare others to, Dont be selective

Unhappiness model could be improved but this more realistic answers. We should also be able to send players to stand for not signing or bad training performance etc.

Why do you assume he is no longer unhappy? Hes obviously not at optimal happiness since he is not going to be playing much and he is leaving. How unhappy he is is obviously up for debate but this type of situation leading to a player being unhappy in FM is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

There are real issues with player interaction in FM but I dont think this is a good example.

One of my players received a red card for a bad tackle (straight red). Reviewing the incident he misses the ball entirely and saws the man straight through his legs… but in the match stats he has a 100% tackle rate.  Not sure why that would not count as a missed or unsuccessful tackle. He also received a 6.2 rating so if I criticize him for “not concentrating on tackle just in spells” then he gets all annoyed, happiness drops and he keeps playing poorly…

29 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

One of my players received a red card for a bad tackle (straight red). Reviewing the incident he misses the ball entirely and saws the man straight through his legs… but in the match stats he has a 100% tackle rate.  Not sure why that would not count as a missed or unsuccessful tackle. He also received a 6.2 rating so if I criticize him for “not concentrating on tackle just in spells” then he gets all annoyed, happiness drops and he keeps playing poorly…

Stats are buggy and have been for a few versions now, hopefully its solved soon

SI should do something about politics of releasing patches. I bet many people lose interest of playing game when football season is over. I don't touch computer when spring comes for example. 

Also I can't believe current me is continuation of fm21 me it needed just few small tweaks.

12 minuti fa, Mitja ha scritto:

SI should do something about politics of releasing patches. I bet many people lose interest of playing game when football season is over. I don't touch computer when spring comes for example. 

Also I can't believe current me is continuation of fm21 me it needed just few small tweaks.

I fully agree with this: spring and summer I like to spend time outside, pickup girls, travel etc 

I think that game should be released in spring, patched and updated at the end of transfer market around September. This is the time where people are more into football, new teams and so on...plus is better to sit in front of PC during winter than spring.

4 minutes ago, Delvi said:

I fully agree with this: spring and summer I like to spend time outside, pickup girls, travel etc 

I think that game should be released in spring, patched and updated at the end of transfer market around September. This is the time where people are more into football, new teams and so on...plus is better to sit in front of PC during winter than spring.

Definitely. Those who buy the game immediately would still buy it on release I'm sure about that. Those who wait until last patch would be more inclined to buy it when new season starts and nights become longer.

I don't get this

My MC just rated 7.4 in his full debut. He's a young player on loan and I thought he did well in a secondary position.

I told him so in my team talk.

Result: Player is demotivated

How on earth does that work? Do people really get demotivated after being told they did well? Perhaps if they feel the praise is ill meant or facetious, but in what way am I getting that across?

I know the interactions in FM are always a work in process, but perhaps sometimes they are over thought.

Edited by anagain

2 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I doubt itll be today as russia's window is not shut until late tonight, i think

Last couple of years they've had an update late February, and another in mid March, the one in March included the Russian window 

8 минут назад, SaintPaul сказал:

Last couple of years they've had an update late February, and another in mid March, the one in March included the Russian window 

The Russian transfer window closed 30 minutes ago

Edited by vdmsmrcv

24 dakika önce, Caletti said:

Do you think it could be today?

I think yes. Because yesterday Neil Brock used the phrase "main winter update". This means that there will be 2 separate updates this year, as in the last 2 years. If it is not published today or tomorrow, 2 separate updates will not make much sense, so I think it is very likely to happen today.

14 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

I think yes. Because yesterday Neil Brock used the phrase "main winter update". This means that there will be 2 separate updates this year, as in the last 2 years. If it is not published today or tomorrow, 2 separate updates will not make much sense, so I think it is very likely to happen today.

Hope so, so I can start my proper save with Everton. 

13 часов назад, SaintPaul сказал:

Last years update came on this date. Hopefully they're not waiting to update the Russian transfers this year 

I guess they don't

Цитата

The Main Winter Update for Football Manager 2021 is available now, with this first part including updated squads following the January transfer window.

A Final Winter Update will follow in a few weeks, covering the latest deals from transfer windows that closed in February, including the Chinese and Russian leagues, MLS, free transfers in the EFL and more.

Russian transfer window was updated later in fm21. It's actually logical

2 hours ago, esca said:

It must be today, not the official winter update but i think ME patch hopefully and another 2/3 weeks for winter update.

I do enjoy the speculation posts :D

If we consider previous years then we tend to get a winter update covering the first window with fixes in Feb, and a later update covering the countries with the later ending window with or without fixes in March. We dont know if the same will happen.

What you could do is use a current save to formulate a player and staff shortlist ready for when you start your save post the WInter change update release

29 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Would any fixes/changes to regens issues be save game compatible? For example, future intakes

Assuming these fixes are in the patch then you would expect any NEW regens in your current save to benefit from the fix....if one is included in the winter update

51 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

image.png.8b26cd492ff9b3ad837eb04efd219437.png

What this means ?

Love all the speculation going on hahaha. The meaning of each depot is explained here. Looking at SteamDB, something might be happening soon. And I'm going to go full counter-jinx as say nothing will be happening today.

And judging by previous updates they seem to preffer updating earlier in the week like Mon/Tue (I guess to be able to deal with unexpected issues that come with the release) so maybe early next week, who knows.

I might be wrong, and I'm sure someone will tell me if I am, but I can't remember SI releasing major updates so early in the day (UK time). Usually from late afternoon right up to late evening iirc.

Having said that I have spent the last week hitting F5 every few minutes on this forum like the crazy junkie I am, waiting to start my new, main (and final) FM22 save.

5 minutes ago, Ajax_Barcelona_Cruyff said:

I might be wrong, and I'm sure someone will tell me if I am, but I can't remember SI releasing major updates so early in the day (UK time). Usually from late afternoon right up to late evening iirc.

Having said that I have spent the last week hitting F5 every few minutes on this forum like the crazy junkie I am, waiting to start my new, main (and final) FM22 save.

Actually, I get hyped up when I see newest comment has been on "Official...." just to see that it is only the Official Feedback Thread :)

7 dakika önce, Ajax_Barcelona_Cruyff said:

They did it for 22.2.0 update this year but usually yes, they prefer later hours