*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

35 minutes ago, huntelaar19 said:

I don’t think I’ve put my point across well. I meant SI shouldn’t be obliged to announce any kind of window as I’m aware that it’s an incredibly fragile process and as you say a small issue may lead to postponements which would then lead to public outcry. 

My point was more to open a discussion as to whether there are any downsides of announcing at the start of a week/midweek that it is unlikely to be released this side of a weekend. Surely the only repercussions of that are positive should there be a development that allowed the patch to be released ahead of schedule?

Yes and no - having a decent release management function should be a given for any commercial software company.

Are they 'obliged'? No. Is it good practice to announce an upcoming update and be able to hit that window: absolutely.

They have no competition, so they can do what they like.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 минут назад, huntelaar19 сказал:

I meant SI shouldn’t be obliged to announce any kind of window

Buyers are not obliged to buy a product, developers are not obliged to fulfill a buyer's wishes. So while I don't like a SI's a 'secret' style and would love to read dev diaries over coffee, the term "should" isn't very appropriate imo 

7 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Buyers are not obliged to buy a product, developers are not obliged to fulfill a buyer's wishes. So while I don't like a SI's a 'secret' style and would love to read dev diaries over coffee, the term "should" isn't very appropriate imo 

You know I haven’t used the term ‘should’ don’t you :confused:

4 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Anyone had a quick glance to see if anyone got a Haaland-level upgrade like when he moved to Dortmund?

Don't think so but he is sill a beast

Vlahovic, Vinicious, Salah , Kilian  , Son  , Mane

Got upgraded for 1 min of looking 

• SI Staff
50 minutes ago, renato. said:

Daizen Maeda isn't part of Celtic squad?

Japanese league players aren't licensed in FM and as his full contract is with his parent club despite joining Celtic on loan, we're unable to include him at this time. It is something we're investigating with the aim of adding him in as soon as possible.  

32 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Just conceded 5 goals in the first 20 minutes of the new update on my old save (3 from corners). Got to love it :D

The one thing I was needing this patch to fix more than anything was the set pieces... If there are still loads of goals from corners and indirect free kicks I'll have to abandon FM22 for good...

20 minutes ago, Hurball said:

The one thing I was needing this patch to fix more than anything was the set pieces... If there are still loads of goals from corners and indirect free kicks I'll have to abandon FM22 for good...

But a significant number of Premier League goals do actually come from set-piece corners and free kicks. 

34 minutes ago, Hurball said:

I'm not complaining there wasn't enough goals from corners before IMO

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, marionk said:

So fbs regen with no crossing still there ? 

Given the nature of attribute weighting and distribution by position would require large scale rewrites of the entire player newgen code and balancing across the entire game, even for something as small as boosting a certain set of attributes for a set position. Given the balancing, potential for knock-ons and significant amount of resource this would require, this isn't really something that can be altered at this stage. It is something the team are aware of and will be looked at for future versions.   

3 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Watch the circles on the water, FM21 update were 23/02 and 16/03

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1263850/view/5127884013768261493

Oh, I meant what was the cutoff date for this update - what is the last day with the player updates (moves between clubs, et al.) after which the database was not updated.

1 ora fa, Yellowbucket58 ha scritto:

I'm doing another in depth analysis on the attribute spread now that the update released. Will post later. Hope it's fixed as it really makes long term saves annoying.

Thank you!

21 minutes ago, dmakovica said:

Oh, I meant what was the cutoff date for this update - what is the last day with the player updates (moves between clubs, et al.) after which the database was not updated.

who knows - mid Feb for this one I expect. Remember it needs to gold early as it needs to be updated across multiple platforms. If you have a data issue raise in the data issues thread

8 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

who knows - mid Feb for this one I expect. Remember it needs to gold early as it needs to be updated across multiple platforms. If you have a data issue raise in the data issues thread

No. I was just wondering from which date I should start updating the transfers in the editor...