*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

17 minutes ago, Metal said:

This match just sums up the quality of finishing in the game while the AI only needs 1-2 attempts to score their first goal, your team needs 20 before they score. The AI goalkeeper regardless of quality manages to pull out super human save after save. There needs to be some balance going forward because this is ridiculous and atrocious.

It's been mentioned many times before - the ME doesn't (and can't) distinguish between human and AI. It's a massive (2-3 million lines of code) calculator, essentially. If you're having issues, but the AI isn't, it's down to something you're doing.

Your screenshot shows that you're not creating good chances on average, whereas they are.

Have a look at this screenshot:

b7b6e77aa1b5d9604506c6ef34834b3b.png

As it is every season for me, I can match the best teams for conversion rates. Not only that, my xG for is only 22.18 but I have scored 30 goals, so I'm over performing there as well.

My own aim is to average 0.1 xG per shot, minimum. Anything above that is great. Anything below that, and I'm not creating good enough chances, so then I analyse my chances and my tactic, including player selection.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's been mentioned many times before - the ME doesn't (and can't) distinguish between human and AI. It's a massive (2-3 million lines of code) calculator, essentially. If you're having issues, but the AI isn't, it's down to something you're doing.

Your screenshot shows that you're not creating good chances on average, whereas they are.

Have a look at this screenshot:

b7b6e77aa1b5d9604506c6ef34834b3b.png

As it is every season for me, I can match the best teams for conversion rates. Not only that, my xG for is only 22.18 but I have scored 30 goals, so I'm over performing there as well.

My own aim is to average 0.1 xG per shot, minimum. Anything above that is great. Anything below that, and I'm not creating good enough chances, so then I analyse my chances and my tactic, including player selection.

Right so how do lesser teams always create better chances than the human managed side, game in, game out? It happens over and over again - is the AI better at finding “gaps” and weaknesses in our tactics?

This happens to me a lot and while the stats say I haven’t had a “clear cut chance” I beg to differ. I have endless one v ones that are put horribly wide or straight at a rubbish gk - these never go down as a clear cut chance but surely they are exactly that. I hit the woodwork several times a game frequently too, when it seems easier to score. Again, apparently not clear cut chances. 

The AI is capable of pin point accuracy when it comes to crosses, for example, rubbish sides deliver better balls than any of my world class players ever do. It’s unbalanced, it has to be - and that fella’s screenshot isn’t a one-off!

11 minutes ago, Mst82 said:

Right so how do lesser teams always create better chances than the human managed side, game in, game out?

Simple answer to this one - they don't. If they do against you, you need to make changes. They don't get better chances against me.

I've had a look at the last 3 matches against teams low down the table:

--

Torino (16th) 2 - 3 Milan

15 shots, 1.26 xG vs 21 shots, 1.67 xG

I rotated heavily after a match against Inter and a CL match, so this was my 2nd team pretty much. Poor match and both our xG's show that. Need more time for the squad to blend with a few new signings playing here.

--

Milan 3 - 2 Brescia (17th)

32 shots, 4.41 xG vs 7 shots, 1.05 xG

Again, heavily rotated after a big away match against Udinese and a CL match.

--

Lazio (13th) 0 - 4 Milan

17 shots, 1.71 xG vs 17 shots, 2.11 xG

9 out of my first 11 started here.

--

Napoli (15th) 0 - 4 Milan

13 shots, 1.23 xG vs 12 shots, 1.4 xG

9 out of my first 11 started here.

8 hours ago, Merc103 said:

Oh, let's also try to forget the Qatar World Cup relocation in FM 18 while we're at it, yes? I wonder why in almost every save the World Cup was being moved? I know why. Everyone knows why. It sucks that you guys are more focused on sending meaningless political messages instead of improving the game that has a bug forum with THOUSANDS, yes, THOUSANDS of bugs reported by members of the community every single year.

Let this sink in: A political statement made by SI has had a bigger effect on people's (Russian) saves than most features released for the past few editions of the game.

Sorry, but this isn't the gotcha you think it is.  Given it looked pretty likely it would need to be moved to the winter, and that putting it in Summer would look pretty stupid, they took the path of least resistance and had it move.  At worst, it was a lazy decision, at best it's one that negated the need for a really costly rejig of the way seasons work in the game, before it was confirmed that they'd have to do that anyway.

18 hours ago, Mst82 said:

For me this is the worst FM I’ve ever played, and I picked it up in 2011. 

Although I finished 3rd in my 2nd season with Leicester, and ran the top 2 fairly close, the whole season was horrendous.

Constantly having to change and tweak tactics depending on the opposition (yet they never change for me seemingly).  Constantly being pegged back in the last 10 minutes of games despite being 2 or 3 up.  Constantly conceding to deep throw ins and set pieces late in games regardless of my set up and training.  You cannot play the same team two games running if in European competitions and the fixture pile ups are a joke, not to mention random international call ups on the eve of important games.  I could go on and on. 

I want to stop playing I really do, but I keep thinking I’ll figure it out soon and it never happens. 

I’ve read the guides etc. but feel they’re now out of date with FM22, personally. 

Granted I don’t want it to be easy but some of what occurs in game is laughable.  The behaviour of the ME at times makes me want to smash my laptop up. 

Its your tactics

17 hours ago, davehanson said:

You make some good points, however: 

You don't actually own the game. None of us do. The way that software works (games included) is that you own the licence to be able to play the game. You buy their 'service', and you are buying the rights to play their game, which they retain full ownership for. Legally they could change every aspect of the game and you would not be able to oppose it legally in anyway as you were never guaranteed anything other that the right to play the 'software'.

I'm 99% sure that's not the case.

You're not buying the right to use a random piece of software of the developer's choosing, you're buying the right to use a specific piece of software based on the marketing for said software. If they were to completely remove features that people bought the game for I think they absolutely would be liable to being sued. It happened to Sony with one of their PS3 updates, they were sued for removing features and had to pay compensation. That was technically a hardware product rather than software, but it was still a software update that was the issue.

4 players in 1 week asking to go on loan. I am top of the league after 12 games with 32 goals scored. Why oh why is there no option for me to to tell this backup AMC that he's not in the team cos the starting AMC is running riot at the moment. Instead I just have to say yeah I'll loan you out or tell him to shut up and get on with it. Player interactions are just boring and quite frankly shambolic. Players should come to you with requests to play if their competitor in that position has been poor, if they've been training well or if they are doing well in U23 footy etc. 

36 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

4 players in 1 week asking to go on loan. I am top of the league after 12 games with 32 goals scored. Why oh why is there no option for me to to tell this backup AMC that he's not in the team cos the starting AMC is running riot at the moment. Instead I just have to say yeah I'll loan you out or tell him to shut up and get on with it. Player interactions are just boring and quite frankly shambolic. Players should come to you with requests to play if their competitor in that position has been poor, if they've been training well or if they are doing well in U23 footy etc. 

Yep I’ve had this too. Lost both James Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall during January because of this. Tried to reason with them but it sent them mental and disrupted the whole squad. Had to demote them both to u23’s, ruining my squad depth and push for the title in the process. 

I’ve never known an FM with so many flaws and anomalies. 

17 hours ago, forameuss said:

Sorry, but this isn't the gotcha you think it is.  Given it looked pretty likely it would need to be moved to the winter, and that putting it in Summer would look pretty stupid, they took the path of least resistance and had it move.  At worst, it was a lazy decision, at best it's one that negated the need for a really costly rejig of the way seasons work in the game, before it was confirmed that they'd have to do that anyway.

23 hours ago, CFuller said:

Because a Qatar World Cup could only be played in winter, and nobody knew (not even SI) at the time how that would affect the world football calendar?

Your claim that SI (almost) always took the World Cup away from Qatar because of politics forgets one crucial detail. In previous games (from FM11 to about FM15), Qatar would always host the World Cup in summer 2022 without issue.

The 2022 World Cup only started getting moved in FM once people realised that it would be logistically impossible to safely stage a World Cup in an extraordinarily hot Qatari summer. SI had two options: 1) move the 2022 World Cup to the winter and rejig the entire football calendar between 2021 and 2023 - at a time when, again, nobody knew how that would work. Or 2) move the tournament to a country where a summer World Cup was more feasible.

SI eventually went with option 1 on FM19, but only when organisers had started to figure out the new schedules. But for FM16 to FM18, they went with option 2 most of the time, and the World Cup was usually moved to Argentina, Australia, Canada, Morocco... or China. And sometimes it would stay in Qatar.

SI moving the World Cup from Qatar was down to logistics, not politics.

Thanks for clarifying. It is one of many examples I listed though, so my thoughts are the same.

Has anyone experienced attached bug? Happened too me twice already. What I mean is when I go to match screen it stucks on the conference screen, the match is going on but I cannot see the field. When the 1st half ends it back to normal and I can see the pitch during the 2nd half.

1648801137105.jpg

16 ore fa, KeegBCFC ha scritto:

How did you set up his status?

On 31/03/2022 at 05:25, KingCanary said:

There are an excessive amount of silly offsides in the game too. So many highlights end with someone playing a pass to player just standing offside. It isn't a case of the player being 'caught out' by the defence, they just stand offside far too often. I'd also echo the issue others have flagged where central defenders get caught under the ball far too often, leading to an awful lot of one on ones where the chance has been created by the keeper.

I agree, but it also feels worse than it is (and it's bad.  That stupid thing where a team takes a short corner and the receiver passes straight back to the corner taker who's now called offside?  I've never seen that in a football match, ever.  Set up a corner routine with short corners and it'll happen a couple times a game.) because offsides are over-represented in highlights.  All offsides calls, no matter how mundane or boring, are part of the highlights package in Extended+ highlights.  So what you end up with is something where you're watching a package that includes limited buildup, nothing that doesn't end in a shot, and all of the possible offsides.  It's pretty rough.

My biggest ask though- please, please bring back some form of analysis that you can access during the match. I hate that my choices for trying to work out how high the opposition defensive line is is either wait for halftime or watch on full highlights. I enjoy game management but I don't want every game taking 20 minutes to get through due to needing to be on full highlights. I get the 'realism' argument but its a game, it is supposed to be fun and sometimes I only have an hour to play- if I'm on full highlights then I'm likely getting through two games max in that time and it just makes it all a slog.

Yes please.  Please please please.

I agree with your overall conclusion, basically.  The match engine isn't perfect but it's better than 2021, and 2021 was pretty good all things considered.  The rest of the game hasn't kept up, especially in the interactive areas.  This is the second version in a row where I feel like the focus for the next version has to be the stuff that's not part of the match engine because good sweet christ almighty it's frustrating.

18 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

This is now 7 players in 3 weeks, all of them with the status fringe or squad player. It's just so, so bad. Sick of having a game that has bugs that won't be fixed until the year after. Yet another haitus from FM incoming. 

4 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Why on Earth during staff meeting my staff keeps recommending me to sign worse staff than the ones I have on my club? This doesn't make sense at all.

Staff meeting advice is so useless. 

4 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I agree, but it also feels worse than it is (and it's bad.  That stupid thing where a team takes a short corner and the receiver passes straight back to the corner taker who's now called offside?  I've never seen that in a football match, ever.  Set up a corner routine with short corners and it'll happen a couple times a game.) because offsides are over-represented in highlights.  All offsides calls, no matter how mundane or boring, are part of the highlights package in Extended+ highlights.  So what you end up with is something where you're watching a package that includes limited buildup, nothing that doesn't end in a shot, and all of the possible offsides.  It's pretty rough.

This has been an issue for years and years now. It makes comprehensive highlights unwatchable - you need to choose either full match or extended unfortunately. I doubt at this point it will ever get fixed.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Recruitment meeting as well. 

Honestly, if you've played the game for more than 6 months, all staff advice is rendered completely useless for the most part.

I get that SI want to leave an air of mystery to it all, but good christ staff with 15+ tactical and scouting knowledge should be in some ways more useful to me than some knob of a new gen coach with no badges and low stats. 

The advice given as it currently stands feels divorced from the reality of the game, whether its signings, tactical advice, staff recommendations, or whatever else. 

8 horas atrás, MUDKIPS disse:

Miles Jacobson is proudly boasting on Twitter that FM is not a game, but a simulator.

At this point it is definitely a game, since the peculiarities of the match engine play a larger role in the outcome of matches than actual football tactics. Long ball to a striker that breaks through the back line is ridiculously common. No matter what you set your defender's instructions to, your defender's line of engagement, the marking, the targets to mark, the number of defenders, the mentality, even if you tell 3 defenders in different roles to mark a single striker with your defensive line as far back as possible, he will still be reached by a long ball.

While, at the same time, defensive tactics are highly ineffective long-term and the game extremely encourages (forces) you to use offensive/dominant tactics. It's a very unrealistic experience when it's more effective to use attacking tactics against a vastly dominant side than it is to set up a block going for a 0-0. 

At the point you are more "playing a game" with its own internal peculiarities/bugs/tendencies than you are playing a simulator that reflects real life dynamics of the external activity it is supposed to simulate (football). 

This, can't express it better. Unfortunately because of the lack of competition, FM likes to label themselves as simulation, but they are far from it. The game is incredible with their database, so many players and teams, you can get lost on who you wanna play next as you have almost "unlimited" options. Stated that, we know FM is a big deal, but inside the football field, is simply a fiesta. Tactically speaking, the game is the least realistic game in the market, we have the ME, sure, but the game nowadays is basically a puzzle, and not the easy type.

I remember that one moderator some years ago explained how you manage to get low crosses constantly (the ones that barca and city do). So basically, you need 3 different setup of team instructions together, because without all of them, your player won't understand that they need to do it, but then, where in the tactical creator tab that is stating that you need to do this to achieve this behavior? And I imagine, how many tries did this mod had to do until he achieve this result?

I mean, while most people find tactics hard, is pretty intuitive to understand, what is hard is to revolutionize the subject. But the thing is, FM actually make the job quite hard, because instead of you simply grabbing a team, a formation, and your idea of football, you need to grab 11 roles, and TI, and maybe PI, and hope some of them don't break each other, because again, it is a GAME, not a simulation, so certain thing are not meant to be together.

I am sorry for the ranting, but there is literal years that I ask FM to actually go more tactical, this would make the ME way more realistic than this fiesta we are having right now.

13 hours ago, MUDKIPS said:

Long ball to a striker that breaks through the back line is ridiculously common. No matter what you set your defender's instructions to, your defender's line of engagement, the marking, the targets to mark, the number of defenders, the mentality, even if you tell 3 defenders in different roles to mark a single striker with your defensive line as far back as possible, he will still be reached by a long ball.

I found a way to stop that but I've only been using it for few games now so I don't have enough games to to say for sure it actually works but from what I've see so far it does. You just have to be willing to experiment a bit 

8 hours ago, masno said:

I remember that one moderator some years ago explained how you manage to get low crosses constantly (the ones that barca and city do). So basically, you need 3 different setup of team instructions together

Do you maybe remember which instructions those were? One instruction must be low crosses, but cannot guess the other two. Maybe pass into space?

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

I found a way to stop that but I've only been using it for few games now so I don't have enough games to to say for sure it actually works but from what I've see so far it does. You just have to be willing to experiment a bit 

A cover defender with good anticipation seems to be less prone to missing headers and he's able to block the attacker if another defender losses an aerial duel.

4 minutes ago, sdx15 said:

cover defender with good anticipation seems to be less prone to missing headers and he's able to block the attacker if another defender losses an aerial duel.

That may solve the ball over the top issue but it doesn't solve the issue of Central defenders steeping off to midfield to press a strike 

6 minutes ago, DarJ said:

That may solve the ball over the top issue but it doesn't solve the issue of Central defenders steeping off to midfield to press a strike 

Tight marking can cause that. Either an instruction or a player trait, especially if the pressing intensity is high. Could also be ME-related, but I imagine a fair few who have these issues could reduce it with tactical instructions.

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I think it's a ME issue even if I've been able to stop it from happening a lot with my tactical setup

Yeah, it might be, and anyone who has it should report it, I'm just not certain that it's all due to the ME. Seeing as I very rarely see it in my games. I don't run the heavy metal extreme pressure football that seems to be all the rage in the tactical download section, though. I'm simply saying that if you do that, then you should expect it to happen at times.

On 31/03/2022 at 17:33, rusty217 said:

I'm 99% sure that's not the case.

You're not buying the right to use a random piece of software of the developer's choosing, you're buying the right to use a specific piece of software based on the marketing for said software. If they were to completely remove features that people bought the game for I think they absolutely would be liable to being sued. It happened to Sony with one of their PS3 updates, they were sued for removing features and had to pay compensation. That was technically a hardware product rather than software, but it was still a software update that was the issue.

I am 100% sure that I am absolutly correct, what you think you might know is irrelevant. That is the law, that is how software law is written. Marketing etc is irrelevant. No idea about the PS3 update you are on about. Software is licenced and and owned fully by the developer, we never own the game, we own the licence to play the software that they put out.

In the same way, some of my games on Steam are no longer playable. I bought them and paid for them. I can no longer acess servers to play the games because they no longer exist. I bought games (some of them) with the ability to play online against other people. I can't now do that - are those companies liable too? 

And, finally, before installing the game, all of us - me included, will have signed Sega/SI's EULA - you know the bit that nobody reads. In it will be bits that state you have no ownership of the game and specifically states 'YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SEGA HAS THE UNFETTERED RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO ITS GAME SOFTWARE AND MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AT ANY POINT WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU'. So, yeah, good luck with suing them.

Schedule Rant #4720864321

This is beyond stupid. I played a match on Saturday. I have an upcoming Copa Italia match on Thursday, followed by a match on Saturday.  Whereas my Copa Italia opponent has a Match scheduled the same week on Monday but had a full week prior with no matches. Why wasn't their Monday match moved to an earlier date, rather than screwing my squad ragged? 

Dumb. Just dumb. 

Schedule_Bug.thumb.png.e6ea5adce7745f314ad5c97a80ccd1ce.png

EmpoliSchedule.thumb.png.d551c91cf4990f318f9cc7d2a73cacf1.png

14 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Schedule Rant #4720864321

This is beyond stupid. I played a match on Saturday. I have an upcoming Copa Italia match on Thursday, followed by a match on Saturday.  Whereas my Copa Italia opponent has a Match scheduled the same week on Monday but had a full week prior with no matches. Why wasn't their Monday match moved to an earlier date, rather than screwing my squad ragged? 

Dumb. Just dumb. 

Schedule_Bug.thumb.png.e6ea5adce7745f314ad5c97a80ccd1ce.png

EmpoliSchedule.thumb.png.d551c91cf4990f318f9cc7d2a73cacf1.png

I am managing Roma too... Italian schedule this year is pure bs, I don't know what happened but this is terrible, impossible to play with the same starting eleven every match because of this.

3 horas atrás, sdx15 disse:

Do you maybe remember which instructions those were? One instruction must be low crosses, but cannot guess the other two. Maybe pass into space?

Low crosses, if Im not wrong, work the ball to the box, and short pass, now here is the thing, this was back in FM 19-18, I don't know if this apply today.

32 minutes ago, masno said:

Low crosses, if Im not wrong, work the ball to the box, and short pass, now here is the thing, this was back in FM 19-18, I don't know if this apply today.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I played a bit of FM20 with that setup and wasn't to happy with the results but will give it another go.

On 01/04/2022 at 14:33, kepz said:

Honestly, if you've played the game for more than 6 months, all staff advice is rendered completely useless for the most part.

I get that SI want to leave an air of mystery to it all, but good christ staff with 15+ tactical and scouting knowledge should be in some ways more useful to me than some knob of a new gen coach with no badges and low stats. 

The advice given as it currently stands feels divorced from the reality of the game, whether its signings, tactical advice, staff recommendations, or whatever else. 

"You have a Head Recruitment Analyst with 20s in all the relevant stats on a 4-year deal, I suggest you replace them with a piece of stale gingerbread."

On 01/04/2022 at 15:05, MUDKIPS said:

Miles Jacobson is proudly boasting on Twitter that FM is not a game, but a simulator.

At this point it is definitely a game, since the peculiarities of the match engine play a larger role in the outcome of matches than actual football tactics. Long ball to a striker that breaks through the back line is ridiculously common. No matter what you set your defender's instructions to, your defender's line of engagement, the marking, the targets to mark, the number of defenders, the mentality, even if you tell 3 defenders in different roles to mark a single striker with your defensive line as far back as possible, he will still be reached by a long ball.

While, at the same time, defensive tactics are highly ineffective long-term and the game extremely encourages (forces) you to use offensive/dominant tactics. It's a very unrealistic experience when it's more effective to use attacking tactics against a vastly dominant side than it is to set up a block going for a 0-0. 

At this point you are more "playing a game" with its own internal peculiarities/bugs/tendencies than you are playing a simulator that reflects real life dynamics of the external activity it is supposed to simulate (football). 

It may not be an incredibly accurate simulator (it's no rFactor), but it's definitely a simulator.  I complain a lot but man, as far as yearly-release sports titles go, FM is much better than a title like NBA 2K.  Imagine trying to play FM, except since 2016 the only features that've been added are new badges for the Create-A-Club mode, and when you play the regular modes the ball just clips through your players' feet unless you spend $40 on microtransactions first.

I'm sure this has been reported but what the hell is going on with the atrocious finishing?! I've had strikers not being able to hit the target from two yards out. I've had several players miss open goals, while others when presented with an absolute sitter smash it straight at the keeper. It other editions for the amount of shots my lead striker has had he'd be on double the amount of goals he currently has. 

20 hours ago, davehanson said:

I am 100% sure that I am absolutly correct, what you think you might know is irrelevant. That is the law, that is how software law is written. Marketing etc is irrelevant. No idea about the PS3 update you are on about. Software is licenced and and owned fully by the developer, we never own the game, we own the licence to play the software that they put out.

In the same way, some of my games on Steam are no longer playable. I bought them and paid for them. I can no longer acess servers to play the games because they no longer exist. I bought games (some of them) with the ability to play online against other people. I can't now do that - are those companies liable too? 

And, finally, before installing the game, all of us - me included, will have signed Sega/SI's EULA - you know the bit that nobody reads. In it will be bits that state you have no ownership of the game and specifically states 'YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SEGA HAS THE UNFETTERED RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO ITS GAME SOFTWARE AND MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AT ANY POINT WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU'. So, yeah, good luck with suing them.

That last statement you made is categorically incorrect. Well, maybe it is correct if you're American or something. But in the EU and (probably still) UK EULAs do NOT override your consumer rights.

As for the rest of the stuff, if SI released an update tomorrow permanently removing a big feature, say the 3D match engine or something, they would be sued and I'd be willing to bet everything I had on them losing that lawsuit, because they would.

Also, your reference to online multiplayer doesn't really hold up. It's well known that online servers will only be up for a certain period of time, there's no false advertising liability there.

Edited by rusty217

On 31/03/2022 at 10:25, KingCanary said:

This will probably be quite a long post as I'm just trying to sum up all my feedback after the final patch. For context, I didn't play FM21 so most of my comparisons are to FM 20.

Match Engine

In almost every way this match engine is a massive step forward. In FM20 players shooting from ridiculous angles was my biggest bugbear and this is now largely gone so big tick in the box. There is more of a variety of goals, I can tell the difference between an excellent finisher being one on one with the keeper and a more average player which is a nice touch. The willingness to recycle play at times is nice and I've seen some lovely goals with curling shots or dinked finishes. The final patch also improved IW/IF play but still not enough in my view. When I make tactical tweaks I feel like it shows up in the match engine more obviously which is nice to see.

For the negatives- gengenpress is still wildly overpowered in my opinion. It isn't that other tactics don't work (I'm currently doing very well with a control possession tactic) but if I'm ever struggling for a tactic I know I can just whack gengenpress on and it'll work more often than not. It has led to me actively avoiding using it as it feels like a minor cheat code. 

There are an excessive amount of silly offsides in the game too. So many highlights end with someone playing a pass to player just standing offside. It isn't a case of the player being 'caught out' by the defence, they just stand offside far too often. I'd also echo the issue others have flagged where central defenders get caught under the ball far too often, leading to an awful lot of one on ones where the chance has been created by the keeper.

My biggest ask though- please, please bring back some form of analysis that you can access during the match. I hate that my choices for trying to work out how high the opposition defensive line is is either wait for halftime or watch on full highlights. I enjoy game management but I don't want every game taking 20 minutes to get through due to needing to be on full highlights. I get the 'realism' argument but its a game, it is supposed to be fun and sometimes I only have an hour to play- if I'm on full highlights then I'm likely getting through two games max in that time and it just makes it all a slog.

UI

Far too many clicks and far too much having to hover over an unintuitive icon to work out what it means. For instance in a scout card the icon for 'make an offer' or 'ask agent for more info' aren't remotely clear what they are supposed to show. Also in match the emoji faces to show body language are horrible and I recently discovered one face can mean two separate things. If you can't tell what they are showing you at a glance then just get rid. Also there are a few little things that just don't work for whatever reason- I've set 'loan list notifications' in my scouting meetings to off multiple times but they still show up for example.

Staff Feedback

This is an area where the new features initially seemed fun quickly grew pointless. Something I'd suggest for scouting meetings- let us set the agenda a few days in advance so scouts come prepared. Instead if I happen to disagree with the areas of need (and I often do) there are no reports for me to view on my chosen priorities. The staff meeting I skip, mainly because the advice is often useless. I made a post recently about my DoF recommending I relegate two of my star players to 'fringe players' in the squad for absolutely no reason. Stuff like that means I just click past it and roll my eyes. Someone mentioned it might be due to his preferred formation not involving wingers but he isn't the manager and doesn't pick the team- I can't imagine a DoF, scout or coach at Man City would tell Pep he needed to ditch players like Foden or Diaz in favour of big 'destroyer' type players even if that was his preferred way of playing. I'm also very bored of clicking through the same 10/15 recommendations from scouts. Surely once I've acknowledged them that should be enough for awhile. This feels like a feature where FM really need to spend some time 'under the hood' working on it as it should be key part of the game and instead is just easily skippable. 

Transfers

I really didn't like transfer values at first but now I'm a huge fan. It gets rid of the stupid 'player is valued at £500k but when you bid the club asks for £80m' stuff you used to get. There are some flaws (FC Kobenhaven setting Jonas Wind's value at £80m for instance due to it being mid season, when IRL they sold him for £10m) but it is still much better than it was.

Contract demands can be a bit crazy still and there is still the weird issue of a player rejecting a deal with a human ran club before signing a significantly lesser deal elsewhere but I see that less than before.

Player interactions 

This needs a lot of work. The frequency of complaints and the limited responses often missing really obvious choices to respond to topics can be very frustrating. The AI here needs an awful lot of work. There have been enough other people posting about this, I don't think I need to add anything more.

Overall is is a huge step forward on FM20, especially from the match engine. In general I'm having quite a bit of fun playing the game and have more than got my monies worth but still lots that can be improved on. 

Great post. Regarding analysis in game you can see their defensive line if you have a skin that gives you the option to show average positions:

image.png.fc24320fd20e31e3e2ec67b3a1ba6865.png

Also other things like focus of attacks.

image.png.faca9479138fa257ad3993934f81180c.png

I use Zealands skin if you dont want to search around.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

That last statement you made is categorically incorrect. Well, maybe it is correct if you're American or something. But in the EU and (probably still) UK EULAs do NOT override your consumer rights.

As for the rest of the stuff, if SI released an update tomorrow permanently removing a big feature, say the 3D match engine or something, they would be sued and I'd be willing to bet everything I had on them losing that lawsuit, because they would.

Also, your reference to online multiplayer doesn't really hold up. It's well known that online servers will only be up for a certain period of time, there's no false advertising liability there.

The last statement is taken directly from the EULA that YOU signed before playing the game. If it is incorrect then why did you agree to it? 

You can 'think' what you like, I don't care. You are basing your 'facts' on your opinion and nothing else. That info I posted was from the agreement you signed before agreeing to install and play with Sega/SI software. If you can back what you are saying with facts and evidence then fine, I will stnad corrected until then I am not going to de-rail this thread anymore.

Long time lurker and FM series player, but I needed to type here. 

Been playing FM21 until this weekend, when I started my first save in FM22 with Real Madrid. I read a lot of complains about 2 things: bad finishing, and goals conceded from a goal kick that surpass both central defenders.

I already played my first match. I have nothing to say about finishing; in fact, I think is way too easy creating chances.

But, in the other hand, this piece of art was my first highlight ever in this year's game.

My tactics were more or less conservative: Alaba in cover duty and militao as regular central defender. Positive mentality but standard defensive line. And is funny that the last man in my block is the one who misses the interception. As a tip: putting the defensive line as lower avoided new long balls situations. But something is clearly wrong when you see so often a play that in elite leagues rarely ends succesfully, and you NEED to adapt what game is telling you, no matter how you want to play.

Still makes no sense why there is mark specific player player instruction and yet there is no press specific player on player instructions. Frustrating limitation of this game which can be easily fixed 

15 hours ago, alexbar93 said:

Long time lurker and FM series player, but I needed to type here. 

Been playing FM21 until this weekend, when I started my first save in FM22 with Real Madrid. I read a lot of complains about 2 things: bad finishing, and goals conceded from a goal kick that surpass both central defenders.

I already played my first match. I have nothing to say about finishing; in fact, I think is way too easy creating chances.

But, in the other hand, this piece of art was my first highlight ever in this year's game.

My tactics were more or less conservative: Alaba in cover duty and militao as regular central defender. Positive mentality but standard defensive line. And is funny that the last man in my block is the one who misses the interception. As a tip: putting the defensive line as lower avoided new long balls situations. But something is clearly wrong when you see so often a play that in elite leagues rarely ends succesfully, and you NEED to adapt what game is telling you, no matter how you want to play.

Was your pressing intensity maximum? That would have encouraged him to come out along with your positive mentality