*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Managing Hajduk, third season in January.

Won 2 croatia doubles in a row, sitting first with 17 points pillow below me. 

Quarterfinal of EKL, then final of EL and currently in EL after finishing third in CL group.

Haifa came with a ridiculuous bid for Bradarič. Rejected. He got upset that he wants to play in CL. I said we will qualify. He doubted that...

Yes, you have got better chance to play CL in a much worse League in a team who managed to get into EKL group in third season...

Also my reputation has not changed a bit after such a succes.

My players droppping atributtes mostly bravery and determination.

And AI squad building is a mess. Dinamo sold all their talents and buying old ****** players. Now more than 20 points behind...

Luckily I got this game almost for free. There were times I enjoyed this but after a while it gets boring. Only solution is to set up yourselves challenges to have fun for few season. Currently trying to implement as much Split talents as possible And making profit.

Anyway thank you for this game. I can get to my life again :D

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope there are plans to increase difficulty or give us different levels. I play this game for awhile and just leave it because i win everything. It's ridicilous. With almost no signings won the treble with AZ Alkmaar (Europe League, cup, Eredivisie) so i resigned and took a club that finished 19th in the second devision. Made 0 signings and we're first and beating the best teams 4-0..

There is no grind for years already, it's so easy. I don't want to make a bad tactic on purpose so it becomes exciting. I just want a competition. That my team has real competition for their class and my team is not greatly overperforming. 

Last year (FM21) i took Wrexham to the prem and finished 8th in my first season and half of my team was League One or championship level...

I have been playing FM a lot in the last 6 months, compared to many, many years of barely loading up the latest installment every November, where I would switch off for the following 12 months until the latest release came about.  I am playing FM21 to get my monies worth and am loving it, of course.

But, as a 'veteran' player of this franchise (From the Champ Manager years to present day - well, FM21), there are the usual niggly bits that occur and I know this will be going over old ground, however, there could be a simple explanation for some of these things.

• Wingers/Full-backs failing to cross when given a clear opportunity  (usually lose possession or shoot into the side netting)
  • Any outfield player shooting (first time) from a weird angle, especially if it's with their weak foot
  • Several one-on-ones, a top quality player will usually miss (In real life, they can miss - but given 6 or 7 chances, law of averages, 1 should hit the back of the net?)
  • When you hit a team on the counter, you often get a player who 'has no right' to be in the position they're in, so will always get tackled or make a ridiculous decision such as carryout a crappy pass to the opposition
  • In injury-time, whether you're chasing a goal or looking to close out the game, no matter the team, the amount of highlights is insane. However, the highlights is just AI going crazy. Players are gung-ho attack, but the defence will win the ball - then the opposition will gung-ho attack and lose the ball - and so on. Nothing rarely comes of it. It's a tease. But I have noticed this in each FM edition I've played
  • The usual mouthy and entitled youth players with playing time & contracts + them having no repercussions as a result. EG I can't fine them or have the last say, like any self-respecting manager would
  • Full-backs are always ready to be subbed barely half-way in to a match

And in this game onwards:

• VAR - Every goal is disallowed when VAR is involved. I read somewhere that the ratio of goals given when VAR is invoked, were high Vs disallowed goals. I've just completed two seasons and not once has my team or opponents been given a goal when VAR has been introduced
  • VAR - Every penalty shout is given. That can't be true to life, but there we go

Have I missed anymore?

Edited by Griff86

Played quite a few seasons now so just some observations below. They are obviously all criticisms but as usual I am really enjoying the game and there are so many positives about it.

• A lot of one on ones missed by high level forwards. However I think there are way too many one on one chances in the game so if more were scored it would often be a goalfest.

• Not enough scrappy or deflected goals.

• I don’t remember ever coming up against teams that lump the ball into the box from deep, especially when trailing late on, they all try and play through you or cross from the byline still.

• Players too often annoyed if you encourage them

• Match ratings too high for players that have missed chance after chance or defenders that have made big mistakes that have led to conceding goals.

• Corner takers regularly offside as the ball is passed straight back to them.

• Throw ins regularly thrown straight to the opposition.

• Set piece set ups need to be far more customisable than they are.

• Match review training should not have to be the day after the game, I’m sure irl most teams would do these on a Monday morning when playing on a Saturday.

• Press conference questions and answers often have nothing to do with the up coming game. Why are you asking me about an 18 year old I have out on loan that no one would know or care about?

• Fouls just outside the box going to var when it is very clear it’s outside the box and never a penalty.

Edited by OxfordUnitedFC

9 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Please please please please in FM23 we do not need to see every single offside in the comprehensive highlights package.

Turn that off in the replay menu in the top left dude

I didn’t really notice this before the patch but I am now and it’s pretty annoying. Far too many players seem to be dribbling with the ball right over the touch line. It seems to be a thing with top players as well.

The other thing with animations that’s gets a bit comical with time is the action before the event. Example a player kicking a ball and the ball leaves the foot a fraction too early.

Its not very big and I haven’t raised a bug report for this but it may be something to pay attention  to in future match engines

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I didn’t really notice this before the patch but I am now and it’s pretty annoying. Far too many players seem to be dribbling with the ball right over the touch line. It seems to be a thing with top players as well.

The other thing with animations that’s gets a bit comical with time is the action before the event. Example a player kicking a ball and the ball leaves the foot a fraction too early.

Its not very big and I haven’t raised a bug report for this but it may be something to pay attention  to in future match engines

This happens with every free kick for me. I just got use to it now.

8 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Turn that off in the replay menu in the top left dude

Thanks but that isn't what I'm getting at- it isn't replays, it is just constant highlights that end with a player being offside. For instance I just had a 'highlight' that entirely consisted of my player taking a thrown in, having it passed back to him and then being flagged offside. 

A few negative things upfront to get them off my chest:

• Either my assistants are incompetent at reading the room or my players are delusional. Week after week I keep hearing how i should end individual training because it "isn't a weakness anymore" or "not producing any results". A Sweeper Keeper with 3 passing, 5 first touch and 8 vision (who is 12+ in almost every other key attribute AND has plenty of PA left to grow into) most certainly has a weakness in Distribution and if the values grow by 5 combined in the next 4 months, the focus certainly helped! Similarly, even average values of (for example 14 speed) can be a liability if they are attacking wingers in a top league.
  • Youth poaching is weird. My team has the 12th highest reputation in Germany (at the beginning of the season) and had won the cup the previous year. During the current season I am in a duel for the league with Bayern  and am in the semi-finals in the Euro-League and domestic cup. So I guess I'll get a large increase soon. But I had 4 players poached by middling teams from lower leagues. Either the poaching is triggered very early and the message comes late or the algorithms have a few flaws
  • The dugout still shows way too many idiotic recommendations, however good my assistant is. I'd rather have a third custom view than that!
  • Interviews are still "pick the second tile 95% of the time" and I already know the answers by heart enough to quickly pick the other 5% from one sentence alone. Which is quite great because I am tired of the same five questions every week. Yes, it is great my striker has stayed relevant throughout three leagues. No, he is not for sale. He really isn't! He is a great striker. For a short stint I was asked three times a week if I was considering selling him.
  • I am getting into set pieces this year and that system deserves so much more! I really hope this will be a 23 main feature!
  • Contracts are weird. My star player was winning me the Euro-League on less than minimum wage and whenever he was asking about a new one he was happy enough I just talked to him. Just for reference, he was getting offers from Bayern, Real and both Manchesters in excess of nearly 60m€ when he just got promoted to the Bundesliga, so he probably still has way more and better offers. When I finally did extend his contract, he started at 900k/year which I could have negotiated down to 650 without conceding much. On a more positive note, another star was quite clear when I kept rejecting offers. He was demanding the utopian 2.2m (while my team's budget was at around 4.1) which was a clear sign he was not really interested in signing a new contract and when only in spheres other team could give him. Once I was established in the Bundesliga and he still was a starter, his demands were a far more managable 980k which was fair. These are the stories of player handling I love!
  • Trait recommendation has gotten worse, unfortunately.
  • I tend to skip team and recruiting meetings after a while. The former gives me too much garbage (especially traits, ind. focus and staff suggestions) and the latter rarely identifies correct positions and I tend to be quicker at identifying potential targets. Which is a shame after all that hype around it

Now for the positives

• A lot more variety in attack (again) and more intelligence. Movement and intelligence more often than not compensate lacking abilities. My right winger has five jumping reach but good heading but his good mentals and movement (17 OTB) give him plenty of headed goals because low jumping hardly matters if you are alone in front of the goal and the cross is done well. Mentals matter so much more and I love that!
  • A lot of minor tweaks to roles make them so much more! DLFa who are not hardcoded to go forward are a joy. As a Wolfsburger, especially Wind with comes deep AND plays with back to goal is a double-threat. He mentored those trait to his replacements with more speed and this player rocks the entore central space in the opponent's half. A CMd who is a lot more creative. A F9 who can be the main goal scorer more easily. Wingers with more natural aggressiveness.
  • Youth development is still fun. Not quite as fast as in 21 but I still get at least some players ready once they turn 18 with some earlier and some blooming late. In my opinion that makes it better and more realistic because it isn't quite as automatic and some players take more care as others.
  • Traits matter! That is all.
  • The game is pretty fast, even on my potato. Unfortunately I broke the match graphics after changing the zoom level and it hasn't reverted. But it is still good enough for me and by all accounts, it shouldn't. I have around half the playing time of 21 but already nearly as many finished seasons. 
  • It is easier integrating singular, weaker youth players in your first team. In earlier version an inexperienced youth player often destroyed my stability and created chaos. Like a 4-0 in 65 minutes ending in a 4-5 due to individual errors and broken links. Now they are more elevated than the other 10 pulled down. Some errors still happen but it doesn't reflect on everyone else.
  • I love the new Youth Intake screen. It isn't much but it just "feels" better and it gives a better overview.
  • More sensible player ratings. I have GK being the player of the match. Defenders getting rewarded for quiet games. More acknowledgement for "soft" actions. Only the classical AMs sometimes suffers if he is more of a link between positions but otherwise I am quite happy.
  • Slower player detoriation for players with high natural fitness. Fast detoriation for players with low natural fitness. It certainly changes the power dynamics for a lot of teams!
  • Training. Little changed but I haven't said during the last year how much I love the new module.

A weird thing I get, especially at the beginning of a new save, is unexpected debuts: When I arrived at my current club, there were two players with long-term injuries, one of whom was the club captain. So... after three months, he's ready to return so I slip him on for the last 10 minutes. After the match I'm told that he made his debut for the club. Seems a bit odd for a club to recruit a 31-year-old with an injury and immediately appoint him captain? 

On 19/04/2022 at 22:50, Piperita said:

A few negative things upfront to get them off my chest:

• Either my assistants are incompetent at reading the room or my players are delusional. Week after week I keep hearing how i should end individual training because it "isn't a weakness anymore" or "not producing any results". A Sweeper Keeper with 3 passing, 5 first touch and 8 vision (who is 12+ in almost every other key attribute AND has plenty of PA left to grow into) most certainly has a weakness in Distribution and if the values grow by 5 combined in the next 4 months, the focus certainly helped! Similarly, even average values of (for example 14 speed) can be a liability if they are attacking wingers in a top league.
  • Youth poaching is weird. My team has the 12th highest reputation in Germany (at the beginning of the season) and had won the cup the previous year. During the current season I am in a duel for the league with Bayern  and am in the semi-finals in the Euro-League and domestic cup. So I guess I'll get a large increase soon. But I had 4 players poached by middling teams from lower leagues. Either the poaching is triggered very early and the message comes late or the algorithms have a few flaws
  • The dugout still shows way too many idiotic recommendations, however good my assistant is. I'd rather have a third custom view than that!
  • Interviews are still "pick the second tile 95% of the time" and I already know the answers by heart enough to quickly pick the other 5% from one sentence alone. Which is quite great because I am tired of the same five questions every week. Yes, it is great my striker has stayed relevant throughout three leagues. No, he is not for sale. He really isn't! He is a great striker. For a short stint I was asked three times a week if I was considering selling him.
  • I am getting into set pieces this year and that system deserves so much more! I really hope this will be a 23 main feature!
  • Contracts are weird. My star player was winning me the Euro-League on less than minimum wage and whenever he was asking about a new one he was happy enough I just talked to him. Just for reference, he was getting offers from Bayern, Real and both Manchesters in excess of nearly 60m€ when he just got promoted to the Bundesliga, so he probably still has way more and better offers. When I finally did extend his contract, he started at 900k/year which I could have negotiated down to 650 without conceding much. On a more positive note, another star was quite clear when I kept rejecting offers. He was demanding the utopian 2.2m (while my team's budget was at around 4.1) which was a clear sign he was not really interested in signing a new contract and when only in spheres other team could give him. Once I was established in the Bundesliga and he still was a starter, his demands were a far more managable 980k which was fair. These are the stories of player handling I love!
  • Trait recommendation has gotten worse, unfortunately.
  • I tend to skip team and recruiting meetings after a while. The former gives me too much garbage (especially traits, ind. focus and staff suggestions) and the latter rarely identifies correct positions and I tend to be quicker at identifying potential targets. Which is a shame after all that hype around it

Now for the positives

• A lot more variety in attack (again) and more intelligence. Movement and intelligence more often than not compensate lacking abilities. My right winger has five jumping reach but good heading but his good mentals and movement (17 OTB) give him plenty of headed goals because low jumping hardly matters if you are alone in front of the goal and the cross is done well. Mentals matter so much more and I love that!
  • A lot of minor tweaks to roles make them so much more! DLFa who are not hardcoded to go forward are a joy. As a Wolfsburger, especially Wind with comes deep AND plays with back to goal is a double-threat. He mentored those trait to his replacements with more speed and this player rocks the entore central space in the opponent's half. A CMd who is a lot more creative. A F9 who can be the main goal scorer more easily. Wingers with more natural aggressiveness.
  • Youth development is still fun. Not quite as fast as in 21 but I still get at least some players ready once they turn 18 with some earlier and some blooming late. In my opinion that makes it better and more realistic because it isn't quite as automatic and some players take more care as others.
  • Traits matter! That is all.
  • The game is pretty fast, even on my potato. Unfortunately I broke the match graphics after changing the zoom level and it hasn't reverted. But it is still good enough for me and by all accounts, it shouldn't. I have around half the playing time of 21 but already nearly as many finished seasons. 
  • It is easier integrating singular, weaker youth players in your first team. In earlier version an inexperienced youth player often destroyed my stability and created chaos. Like a 4-0 in 65 minutes ending in a 4-5 due to individual errors and broken links. Now they are more elevated than the other 10 pulled down. Some errors still happen but it doesn't reflect on everyone else.
  • I love the new Youth Intake screen. It isn't much but it just "feels" better and it gives a better overview.
  • More sensible player ratings. I have GK being the player of the match. Defenders getting rewarded for quiet games. More acknowledgement for "soft" actions. Only the classical AMs sometimes suffers if he is more of a link between positions but otherwise I am quite happy.
  • Slower player detoriation for players with high natural fitness. Fast detoriation for players with low natural fitness. It certainly changes the power dynamics for a lot of teams!
  • Training. Little changed but I haven't said during the last year how much I love the new module.

A Sweeper Keeper with 3 passing, 5 first touch and 8 vision

If he has those stats then he’s a standard goalkeeper, not a sweeper keeper.

8 minutes ago, 2feet said:

A Sweeper Keeper with 3 passing, 5 first touch and 8 vision

If he has those stats then he’s a standard goalkeeper, not a sweeper keeper.

Passing and vision hardly matter for him. He has the PPM to throw balls and the PI to take less risks. A SKd can be pretty conservative and his passing percentage is looking good to me. The first touch hurts which is why I train "Distribution" twice a week and he has that focus. As a standard goalkeeper he'd waste his 15 acceleration and 18 rushing out.

44 minutes ago, Piperita said:

Passing and vision hardly matter for him. He has the PPM to throw balls and the PI to take less risks. A SKd can be pretty conservative and his passing percentage is looking good to me. The first touch hurts which is why I train "Distribution" twice a week and he has that focus. As a standard goalkeeper he'd waste his 15 acceleration and 18 rushing out.

Most players are stuck with the general shape of their stats.

You could train Messi in Strength all you like, because that is a weakness in his game, but he wont get any stronger.

You could train Maguire in first touch, because that is a weakness in his game, and train him for the next 10 years, but his first touch would only improve a little bit.

8 hours ago, 2feet said:

Most players are stuck with the general shape of their stats.

You could train Messi in Strength all you like, because that is a weakness in his game, but he wont get any stronger.

You could train Maguire in first touch, because that is a weakness in his game, and train him for the next 10 years, but his first touch would only improve a little bit.

As it should be. If you could plot out linear improvements via repeatable x+y=z, player development would be even easier than it is. And surely you don't expect a 34yr old to get stronger and a 29yr old who is getting schockingly worse in each part of his game IRL to suddenly bring down cross field balls like Mahrez?

Transfer IA in this game is everything but good. Offered one of my centre mids out on loan with 100% used and un-used wages. One of the clubs offered 90% and my DoF rejected because it wasn't worth for the club lol. I then offered the same player but asking 90% of wages and the same club now offered 80% hahaha thats BS

Now I offered him wanting 80% of wages... Guess what? Yes, the club really interested on signing him offered 70% lmao

Edited by LucasBR

8 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Transfer IA in this game is everything but good. Offered one of my centre mids out on loan with 100% used and un-used wages. One of the clubs offered 90% and my DoF rejected because it wasn't worth for the club lol. I then offered the same player but asking 90% of wages and the same club now offered 80% hahaha thats BS

Now I offered him wanting 80% of wages... Guess what? Yes, the club really interested on signing him offered 70% lmao

I prefer AI logic. :kriss:

Less expensive. :brock:

I hope every effort has been made to make sure players act normally. Their behaviour is absolutely all over the place and it's so incredibly boring having to deal with constant nonsense that clearly only exists to show how hard dealing with players is.

I had a 20 year old striker who spent 2 years out on loan in the second division. Average first season, but he went to score 26 goals in 36 games in the second so I decided he'd be apart of my plans going forward. The lad comes back and tells me he needs to move to a bigger club because he has international aspirations and he can't achieve them here, the Bundesliga runners up, with a 4.5 world rep and 3 continuous years in the Champions League. Never mind that it's absurd that a 20 year old believes he should be Germany's number 9 at 20 years old, the request itself is nonsense, he's at one of the biggest clubs in Germany already.

Fast forward a few months to deadline day. Leicester City come in with an offer that's under his value, so I reject. He tells me he wants to go because he'd be considered an important player there. I ask if there's anything that can be done to keep him here, and he says make me an important player. Absolutely not. He's a 20 year old who needs to develop before I decide he's some sort of key player. 

Towards the end of deadline day Leicester meet his release clause of 22m and he signs for them... as a squad player. What on god's green earth is up with the players in this game? Apparently the lad has completely shelved those Germany number 9 aspirations in order to go be a rotation option for a team that finished bottom half in the Prem last season.

The responses you can use are crap too. It's either "Can I give you a new contract?", a promise to sell them under x circumstance or just plainly tell them to sod off. It makes these interactions so frustrating because you can't focus on the real issue. From no one I'll simply be telling everyone to get out because trying to reason with the players just highlights how bonkers this aspect of the game is.

Edited by WelshMourinho

22 hours ago, LucasBR said:

I think the AI is just shining you on! 
Haha. I can just imagine the AI in their forum, wherever that may be, going :lol::cool::D:Bowen:

22 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Makes sense doesn’t it? Clubs negotiating the offer to get a better deal? I tend not to let my director of football make any decisions though as they are usually beyond useless.

Edited by OxfordUnitedFC

I'm generally happy with the difficulty to keep a happy squad this year. Please dont make it easier in the next version.

When your a team that's not an elite club but you have some very good players it should be difficult to keep them and some players should force through moves. Also players should just want a new challenge/change if environment sometimes. 

Man management is one of the hardest and not important parts of a managers job and this should be reflected in the game imo.  Player interaction does need an improvement though.

On 15/04/2022 at 04:35, Merc103 said:

Almost every single chip hits the crossbar lol. I've seen a LOT more crossbar hits from chips than outright misses or actual goals. A bit silly

If your player has high flair they will go in more often

2 hours ago, 2feet said:

If your player has high flair they will go in more often

I'm not complaining about them not going in... I'm saying it's not realistic for them to hit the crossbar almost every single time instead of just going over or wide.

I don't know if I'm alone in this - pretty sure I'm not - but does FM put too much strength into unfancied teams playing really well against fancied teams, and vice versa?

Top of the league and flying and you meet the team bottom of the league. How many times do you lose or just perform awful and snatch a point?

Sailing along happily in your league and face a non-league outfit in the cup. Suddenly your team can't pass a ball and shots go into orbit around the moon.

I just achieved promotion to the Championship with Wycombe. I recruited well but with players that weren't outstanding. My wage budget is the lowest in the division and my tactical nous is not what I'd consider wonderful. We're playing like gods against teams that should be all over us.

I believe FM gives too much of a bonus to the underdog and puts too much of a negative on players at bigger clubs. I shouldn't be bossing posession over newly relegated QPR. I beat Preston 7-3, without being a tactical genius, then stuffed Millwall 4-0. 

I know there are lots of threads on this forum about how easy the game is. I can't help but agree. I don't know if it's also a bit to do with AI squad building, but I am only 4 seasons in to my save so maybe not quite that just yet. Squads haven't changed a whole lot at many clubs.

I do think though that the underdog effect is far too pronounced in FM.

I have no figures to back this up. Just a lifetime playing this game. Hours and hours of FM for 20 years.

I suppose SI have a fine line to draw. Many FMers want instant success. I'd like a challenge though. Winning and winning and winning is boring. Especially when you probably shouldn't be.

I play Norwich - the club in my Championship with a hugest wage budget - soon. I will see how I feel then.

But...does anyone else try to lose? Make tweaks to not outsmart the AI or tone down team talks so as not to get unfair boosts (if that's the case)?

5 minutes ago, anagain said:

I don't know if I'm alone in this - pretty sure I'm not - but does FM put too much strength into unfancied teams playing really well against fancied teams, and vice versa?

Top of the league and flying and you meet the team bottom of the league. How many times do you lose or just perform awful and snatch a point?

Sailing along happily in your league and face a non-league outfit in the cup. Suddenly your team can't pass a ball and shots go into orbit around the moon.

I just achieved promotion to the Championship with Wycombe. I recruited well but with players that weren't outstanding. My wage budget is the lowest in the division and my tactical nous is not what I'd consider wonderful. We're playing like gods against teams that should be all over us.

I believe FM gives too much of a bonus to the underdog and puts too much of a negative on players at bigger clubs. I shouldn't be bossing posession over newly relegated QPR. I beat Preston 7-3, without being a tactical genius, then stuffed Millwall 4-0. 

I know there are lots of threads on this forum about how easy the game is. I can't help but agree. I don't know if it's also a bit to do with AI squad building, but I am only 4 seasons in to my save so maybe not quite that just yet. Squads haven't changed a whole lot at many clubs.

I do think though that the underdog effect is far too pronounced in FM.

I have no figures to back this up. Just a lifetime playing this game. Hours and hours of FM for 20 years.

I suppose SI have a fine line to draw. Many FMers want instant success. I'd like a challenge though. Winning and winning and winning is boring. Especially when you probably shouldn't be.

I play Norwich - the club in my Championship with a hugest wage budget - soon. I will see how I feel then.

But...does anyone else try to lose? Make tweaks to not outsmart the AI or tone down team talks so as not to get unfair boosts (if that's the case)?

Maybe your team is Championship quality?

1 minute ago, Merc103 said:

Maybe your team is Championship quality?

I have Championship players, because I worked hard to recruit them, but my wage budget is just over 100k - way below a lot of the division. Compare my best players with the best at many of the clubs in my division and you can see the difference. I write it up in careers so you can have a look if you'd like.

I just find that clubs play badly against me.

It's a feeling I've had for many FMs now. The bigger and better FM comes the harder it is for the AI to compete.

Last FM I managed in Luxembourg and took Titus Petange to the Europa Conference Group Stage. I was playing like Brazil against established European teams in big leagues. It felt wrong and I tired of the save.

We all want glory, of course, but glory can be staying up by a point. For me anyway.

3 minutes ago, anagain said:

I have Championship players, because I worked hard to recruit them, but my wage budget is just over 100k - way below a lot of the division. Compare my best players with the best at many of the clubs in my division and you can see the difference. I write it up in careers so you can have a look if you'd like.

I just find that clubs play badly against me.

It's a feeling I've had for many FMs now. The bigger and better FM comes the harder it is for the AI to compete.

Last FM I managed in Luxembourg and took Titus Petange to the Europa Conference Group Stage. I was playing like Brazil against established European teams in big leagues. It felt wrong and I tired of the save.

We all want glory, of course, but glory can be staying up by a point. For me anyway.

I personally found it harder to beat the bigger teams on FM 22 than it was on 20 or 21. That aside, I do think top League One sides can very easily beat decent Championship teams in general. Wycombe was in the Championship recently, so they're bound to have a somewhat OK team or at least some value for you to be able to have a decent rebuild of your own. If you do get promoted to the Premier League, I think that's when you'll really find yourself struggling. I doubt you can beat City or Liverpool with a Championship quality side.

Player suggestions in recruitment meetings are all over the place. Some can be very helpful.  Then there are times I wonder if my recruitment team has been consuming too many edibles.  I'm at Leicester City. 

Mbappe  just signed on a free with Oil City. Why TF would they think we have a snowballs chance of landing him? Not to mention we have no funds. We are in CL this year but there's no way he could even have a slight interest. 

Mbappe.thumb.png.b47dedee5e03ef0a4b2a9af635a5ef02.png

12 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Player suggestions in recruitment meetings are all over the place. Some can be very helpful.  Then there are times I wonder if my recruitment team has been consuming too many edibles.  I'm at Leicester City. 

Mbappe  just signed on a free with Oil City. Why TF would they think we have a snowballs chance of landing him? Not to mention we have no funds. We are in CL this year but there's no way he could even have a slight interest. 

His transfer value is unknown to your club and he'd be interested in joining. That's why it appeared.

On 24/04/2022 at 05:23, anagain said:

No

21 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

One of the problem I have with FM is that the different department don't work together. You have the Assistant manager that has his own style of play so if you leave the team to him, instead of him to go with the philosophy I've created he'll just do what he likes. Same thing with the head of youth that brings players that fit his formation when you're playing something completely different. Then you've got the scouts that recommend players out of your budget or old players when the club vision wants you to sign players U23

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

One of the problem I have with FM is that the different department don't work together. You have the Assistant manager that has his own style of play so if you leave the team to him, instead of him to go with the philosophy I've created he'll just do what he likes. Same thing with the head of youth that brings players that fit his formation when you're playing something completely different. Then you've got the scouts that recommend players out of your budget or old players when the club vision wants you to sign players U23

Yeah this is quite frustrating at times.

Club vision needs to run through the whole club, not just be a set of metrics to judge the manager on. My scouts should know that the club wants to sign players under a certain age or from a certain country and tailor their recommendations accordingly. This doesn't mean never recommending a player that sits outside of those criteria but maybe having a higher threshold of when to do it- so for instance a C grade may be the cut off for a player under 23 but a player older than that might need to score at least a B grade before being put forward.

My coaches should know if we're supposed to play attacking football or keep possession and their advice should reflect that. And certainly coaches/DoFs should understand the way my team plays and not make bizarre recommendations based on their own preferences. 

Also, I know this is hardly 'new' feedback but AI squad building still needs a lot of work.

There is no real personality from club to club in terms of who they sign when they have the option. For instance clubs like Ajax, Porto, Benfica are all known for signing younger players with a focus on resale value to go with their academy products. Yet in my current save I've seen...

Ajax spend £29m on a 29 year old Hateboer, £29m on a 31 year old Danilo Pereria, £14m on a 30 year old Vertout and £8m on 30 year old Lucas Moura in the last two season.

Porto spend £24m on a 29 year old Rrahami and £16m on a 30 year old Benitez

Benfica spend £30m on a 29 year old Hoijberg

It makes it seem like clubs are all following the same transfer strategy no matter what and that club vision doesn't really exist for the AI.

Hello again!

I'm still play FM 21. I think Chinese FA already introduced salary caps:

"Foreign players' annual salaries at 3m euros (£2.7m), with domestic players earning a maximum of 5m yuan (£571,000) a year. CSL clubs will be soon only be allowed to spend up to 600m yuan (£68m) per year."

How can I set these things in editor? Team/finances/maximum wage allowed or where? In advanced editor mode?

2 minutes ago, mt90 said:

Hello again!

I'm still play FM 21. I think Chinese FA already introduced salary caps:

"Foreign players' annual salaries at 3m euros (£2.7m), with domestic players earning a maximum of 5m yuan (£571,000) a year. CSL clubs will be soon only be allowed to spend up to 600m yuan (£68m) per year."

How can I set these things in editor? Team/finances/maximum wage allowed or where? In advanced editor mode?

Try asking in the editor's hideaway. This thread is for feedback on FM22.

1 hour ago, shaunwwfc said:

I have never known my side miss so many clear cut chances. It is bordering on hilarious. Is this a known thing that you just have to learn to live with??

Some users will say that it is a known issue but there has been no indication from the Developers that this is an issue with the game code.

Fired up a new game, and finding something a bit silly;

Not even October and three or four players 'jaded' and in need of a rest. 

Might just be me, but I've never seen so many players jaded so soon. I did as full a pre-season as possible given the settings of the game, but to have them wiped out after 10 games is pushing it a bit at pro level.

Love the game. Have played since the very beginning of the CM/FM series however I find it so difficult to play beyond 7 or 8 seasons nowadays as the newgen balance is so poor.

I have reached 2029 in my current save and International squads are made up of most old players and barely any newgens are getting called up.

Most of the major nations have hardly any players under 26 in their squads and finding a choice of players with the right attributes becomes so difficult.

I have a large database loaded, 8 nations and 22 leagues.

I am assuming it's not the same for everyone, so is there anything obvious that would cause this to happen?

Edited by metcow