*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Anyone else seen weird scheduling like this?  Assman scheduled friendly with Crotone in the same league as me a couple of weeks before we play them for real.  

image.thumb.png.ef40bdc36c66ccd1b3a4cc720b79a3b5.png

Has happened before since I've been in Serie A  - more bugs that make you have to micromanage stuff you want taken care of automatically. Obviously I'll cancel and have to manually find an appropriate team to play in a friendly.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 ore fa, XaW ha scritto:

Ah yes, powerhousing just below Greece and above Serbia in 2028 here...

Z22ziZC.png

It's quite possible you are attributing a random event to fit your narrative there, comrade! ;) 

I appreciate your self-control and irony, even when the boy would deserve a proper reply.

I have started a new run in my lower league journey to the top, as i switched my CPU from a Ryzen 3600 to a Ryzen 5600.

Its already a good improvement for quicker calculation times in FM albeit i bought it bcs it was on sale and a pretext to getting a better GPU in the coming months.

Set my Windows 11 up from the scratch this time instead of upgrading as it had become quite convoluted and i wanted a clean start.

Got some trouble but it turned out i had to reslot RAM and GPU as some of it probably had some contact issues and absolutely no trouble since then.

#

Yeah i had to remake my Manager Man, but i got it even better this time...Realism mod, Lower Leagues mod and Names mod freshly installed.

I can say FM can really make dramatic stories as i got final matchday promotions in both seasons since i started and the last one really was not possibly happening i tought.

The topteam was so far ahead, like 12 to 15 points from the pack of runner ups behind it but it seems the Cup Final exhausted them so much the lost 3 of the last 5 matches and did not win any which opened a window of oprtunity and somewhere around minute 60 in the last match of the season i got my promotion secured - it was by all means an unexpected and dramatic turn of events for sure! :)

And a reminder that exhaustion is real...less real in a single match but real over a couple of matches!

I really like the 3d engine - it is much more vibrant in showing tricks and treats of the players and what they do than the past ones and overall the game has the right challenge at least for me.

To me it looks the matchengine is very sensible in you need to get the right players in the right places with the right teammates to become successful.

Imho FM22 is the best one of the series - the outstanding FM so far!

Thx for the game SI and all the best for all you!

PS. If there is any critique it would be the Highlights that either show to much or to few scenes depending if you chose Key Highlights or Expanded Highlights - in expanded highlights there are so many dead moments displayed where nothing mentionable happens while in key highlight you may not get a single highlight the whole game (if its a draw with no goals).

Edited by Etebaer

Fun with interactions part infinity...

Have just finished my season where I've won the 5th Ukranian title in a row. In the team meeting about plans for next season I tell them I want to win the League again. All but 5 of my players are 'hurt' because I'm putting too much pressure on them. Ridiculous.

10 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Wae4adK.png

This is the kind of offer I receive for my players LOL

All too common in FM22.  The only thing atypical about that offer is that you can actually negotiate it.

The subheadings in Opposition Reports/Post-Match Analaysis are utterly useless.

image.png.fa58b327e5952ea4d354b66f8c1f0a50.png

"They completed a large number of passes in the match" is seemingly applied to any amount more than 10 and never changes. In this example, #3 is for 386 passes (noticeably below average vs league mean of 557) whereas #4 is for 648 passes (noticeably above average).

"Verl's attacking efficiency numbers are eye-catching" - useless. Doesn't tell me anything about why they're eye-catching, or do anything to summarise the data. If the summary can't be improved to e.g. "They take significantly fewer shots (7pg) than the league average (20th/20)" or "Their conversion rate (11%) is only slightly above average (7th/20)" then it should be removed entirely.

The same goes for pretty much every other summary.

Well, i have another "issue" and that is snow in the 3d match when the green is covered with all this tiny pixels of snow.

I dont know if its a 4k issue as i play in 4k but as long the game is static everything is well but as soon there is movement of the green the snow starts to flicker quite bad and it is almost like a strobe light effect.

It is really ugly and exhausting to look at and it would be very nice if there was an improvement possible.

:)

" Knocks ball past opponent "  is such a pest of a PPM. I have attackers & defenders with this trait and it just cannot be unlearned..

I had an IW that I've had him unlearn this for 3 seasons. Failing and failing again. Now I'm at my third try with one of my starting CD because that's a thing for some reason - CD with knocks ball past opponent.

It's so specific for wingers, wingbacks but it's just bad.. you see it in game - usually there is no space to push the ball ahead and they lose it. You don't want to see how it looks for an IW pushing the ball away when he cuts inside  - straight to a DM or whatever.

I would agree that ok, it is here .. if you have a winger and there is space ahead of him - ok. But why is so hard to unlearn ?  Clearly we use this player differently - for 3 years now! 

I don't know - sometimes some mechanics are just " compute a hard cap from attributes and roll the dice."

I don't know if this was suggested before but it would be very nice to have a way to tell a player that he will be dropped from the starting 11 because a team mate is performing way better.

I came up another quality of live convenient issue and that is that the U19 which i use to give my payers matchfitness most often play the day b4 the regular team and it would be a massive improvement if there was an option to make these U19 friendlies the day after the regular first team matches bcs then you know who played how much as substitutions impact that.

So pls make an option: make U19 friendlies the day after the regular first team matches.

I dont use a B-Team as the handling of a B-Team is such a convoluted mess of non-intuitive and counter-productive options and things that are out of your control bcs these teams work like affiliate teams instead of U23/B-Teams that are controlled by the club like the U19 team.

In this way B-Teams are simply a waste of time and not helpful and i use the U19 as my make up B-Team that is under my full control.

Edited by Etebaer

2 hours ago, Etebaer said:

I came up another quality of live convenient issue and that is that the U19 which i use to give my payers matchfitness most often play the day b4 the regular team and it would be a massive improvement if there was an option to make these U19 friendlies the day after the regular first team matches bcs then you know who played how much as substitutions impact that.

So pls make an option: make U19 friendlies the day after the regular first team matches.

I dont use a B-Team as the handling of a B-Team is such a convoluted mess of non-intuitive and counter-productive options and things that are out of your control bcs these teams work like affiliate teams instead of U23/B-Teams that are controlled by the club like the U19 team.

In this way B-Teams are simply a waste of time and not helpful and i use the U19 as my make up B-Team that is under my full control.

Yes was about to post that B teams are utterly broken. I'm finding it impossible to develop younger players as if they./ are in the B team they seem to forget they are part of a developmental squad so get pissy if you reject bids from hugely inferior teams.

Just dropping by to tell SI, FM22 is the modern day version of Championship Manager 92/93 and Championship Manager Italia. Easily the best modern-day version, 700 hours in and I’m still seeing new animations in the brilliant 3D highlights.

I don’t know how you can improve it. Good luck, and thanks, I’m looking forward to November for the first time in at least 20 years!

33 minutes ago, anagain said:

The game also desperately needs to remember and catalogue the conversations we have with people in the game. It used to until a couple of FMs ago. For some reason, SI suddenly got rid of things like that.

Are we all supposed to have the memory of Dominic O'Brien (look him up, kids. I'm sure he was on telly late 80s/90s)? I'm closing in on 50 and work long, stressful hours. I can't remember what I did yesterday sometimes. SI expect me to remember what I said to a player 3 days ago?

Logs, SI. The game can do it. It does it for press conferences. Why can't it do it for conversations?

We have to bash what we love to make it perfect. As I said in another post, I love this game. I'm in love with FM again after some number of years where I struggled to keep going. There's so much social element that just seems to be chucked in to the game but not refined or perfected. Before much more is added lets get what's there perfected.

• Bring back logs for all conversation - not just press conferences
  • Refine the questions asked in conversations and improve the layout to replicate press conferences
  • Give us better options to ask questions or reply to demands with more pertinent responses
  • Reflect that managers can be confidence or motivational managers, and not always tactical
  • I have motivation of 20, why can't I tell a player he hasn't performed but I challenge him to go out there and prove me wrong? Outside of a team talk, I mean
  • Let's do away with responses that don't make sense considering a player's personality or relationship with the manager
  • Players seem to be either furious or appeased. There's so rarely anything in between
  • Be better at getting across how a player will react, and make that more obvious if I've known them a considerable amount of time. Game rarely does that.

I know it's all a work in progress but the social element of FM really needs to go somewhere in FM23. I don't wante asy mode...I realise it may sound like that in some things I say. If I screw up then players should be angry. Considering I know these players and train with them daily, it's often amazing how little I seem to know them.

I absolutely agree with this, although I'm definitely not old enough to know who Dominic O'Brien is. :D

The player conversation log is just another of those features that SI took away 'in the name of rEaLiSm'. I'm still not over them removing the timebar and match reports on FM21. Remember when you could scroll through the report and click on any highlight you wanted to watch it back?

While FM is a simulation at its core, I think SI sometimes lose sight of the fact that it's also a game. Removing useful QoL features because they're not realistic is not good news, especially if you're a casual player.

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

I absolutely agree with this, although I'm definitely not old enough to know who Dominic O'Brien is. :D

The player conversation log is just another of those features that SI took away 'in the name of rEaLiSm'. I'm still not over them removing the timebar and match reports on FM21. Remember when you could scroll through the report and click on any highlight you wanted to watch it back?

While FM is a simulation at its core, I think SI sometimes lose sight of the fact that it's also a game. Removing useful QoL features because they're not realistic is not good news, especially if you're a casual player.

Is realism the reason SI gave for removing logs of conversations? I never did see a reason.

Likewise the decisions to remove all mentions of the weather from match screens. It's so damn hard to see what the weather is supposed to be now, and I believe it should be so significant. I wonder if they think we're supposed to know from the graphical display?

Yeah, QoL of life is not something you should remove from a game, regardless of the age of your playerbase.

To be honest, I might not remember Dominic O'Brien either...ironically. He looked familiar to my old mind. In reality, I have this crazy need to have to try and be funny. My intent was that I'd go to google and find someone instantly recognisable as a memory genius. Then I could make my joke. He was the best I could do. Sure he was on Record Breakers, or something. :Bowen:

44 minutes ago, anagain said:

Is realism the reason SI gave for removing logs of conversations? I never did see a reason.

Likewise the decisions to remove all mentions of the weather from match screens. It's so damn hard to see what the weather is supposed to be now, and I believe it should be so significant. I wonder if they think we're supposed to know from the graphical display?

Yeah, QoL of life is not something you should remove from a game, regardless of the age of your playerbase.

Not specifically, but I have seen the 'realism' line trotted out a couple of times before when certain features have been removed. The weather info is just another feature that's disappeared for seemingly no reason at all.

In terms of providing feedback, your earlier post about player conversations has just reminded me - press conferences and media interviews really need a lot more work done on them.

I'm not saying "remove press conferences" or "less repetitive questions". They're a big part of modern football (certainly at the professional level) and managers do get asked the same ol' questions all the time. I just want more contexual questions and answers, and less pointless guff like this...

347B48E1-9DA3-47AB-8BD4-BF34AAD17DA6.jpeg.089ad2779cfd642d8831aa99eafda6ea.jpeg

It's 15 minutes before the gosh-darn Champions League Final, and I am being asked about whether the new manager of Luton Town (just relegated from the Premier League) was right to put one of his players up for sale?

Imagine if this was real-life. "Hey, Jürgen, HUGE game tonight against Real Madrid... but tell me how you feel about Norwich releasing Josip Drmic?" :confused:

Oh, and my new favourite thing right now is when a player picks up a knock, misses training for a few days, and then some journo asks me, "I heard Tomiyasu got blisters the other day. Have you set a date for when he could potentially return to action? I'm going to have to push you for an answer."

I do think SI have done a decent job adding more questions to press interviews in recent years, but a lot of those questions are being used in completely the wrong context. If I'm chasing a league title with Arsenal, I don't really need to give an opinion on whether the struggling Leicester manager should keep his job - and please don't ask me the same question about VAR for the 57th time when I've given the same reply 56 times before. I hope SI can look into that.

17 hours ago, CFuller said:

In terms of providing feedback, your earlier post about player conversations has just reminded me - press conferences and media interviews really need a lot more work done on them.

I'm not saying "remove press conferences" or "less repetitive questions". They're a big part of modern football (certainly at the professional level) and managers do get asked the same ol' questions all the time. I just want more contexual questions and answers, and less pointless guff like this...

347B48E1-9DA3-47AB-8BD4-BF34AAD17DA6.jpeg.089ad2779cfd642d8831aa99eafda6ea.jpeg

It's 15 minutes before the gosh-darn Champions League Final, and I am being asked about whether the new manager of Luton Town (just relegated from the Premier League) was right to put one of his players up for sale?

It's always the stupidest questions that "the public will want to hear a proper answer from you" about as well.

Also, stop asking me who I think is the favourite to be relegated, or if I think another club can avoid relegation. Ad nauseum.

Press conferences and player interaction  was a huge draw to me into the game initially, I just loved the idea of words having consequences and what not. But as all have said, it’s a counterintuitive mess talking to players and a decontextualized slog to go through match media. I think one thing that really kills me is the sheer number of press conferences in the lower leagues. I may not be English but I don’t think there are pre match press conferences, tunnel interviews before and after, and a post match conference after Vanarama semi pro games.

I wish the media environment reflected club reputation. Semi pro clubs barely get any media while the managers of Real Madrid or City get loads, making their press conferences more meaningful. Rather than the simple stick of “play x liked/disliked manager’s comments in the media” why can’t players actively feel media pressure? Or why can’t I make a comment to unsettle or inspire the opposition?

This is probably related to the fact that players during matches seem immune to the moment (players hardly ever change their moods unless you shout something from the touch line, even if they let in a disappointingly late goal or are trying to hold onto an upset victory). Player psychology needs a major overhaul for this very reason as well imho.

Why don’t managers have different categories for media responses. Rather than positive/negative/neutral, how about “tactical insight”/ “question officials” / “deflect” or something like that? Klopp and Dyche reply to the media with the same canned answers in the game, not very realistic. 

Media in the game could also use a major overhaul. Simple touches can go a long way. Did your manager just sign his first new contract at a big club? Have the press run a story about the new house he just bought or the fancy car he turned up in the training ground with. I love the feature where you might have your son come through the youth academy, that should be major news when he starts! Assigned community outreach in training? a local headline about the boys at the food bank would be nice.

These simple flourishes would bring a richer life to the flat game world that exists in the background of saves. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I would love for there to be a more immersive and responsive media environment. 

15 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Is there any kind of guide to shouts? Every one I do makes my players overwhelmed, that's so annoying.

Still 0-0 = Demand More or Encourage

Losing = Berate

Winning by 1 or 2 goals = calm down

Winning by over 3 = Praise

Personally stick to 2 max of each shouts per game.

Edited by ImDaWeasel

14 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Is there any kind of guide to shouts? Every one I do makes my players overwhelmed, that's so annoying.

Encourage: When draw
Calm Down: After you scoring first goal
Praise: Win by 2 goals or more
Berate: Losing by 2 goals or more

37 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Still 0-0 = Demand More or Encourage

Losing = Berate

Winning by 1 or 2 goals = calm down

Winning by over 3 = Praise

Personally stick to 2 max of each shouts per game.

36 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Encourage: When draw
Calm Down: After you scoring first goal
Praise: Win by 2 goals or more
Berate: Losing by 2 goals or more

Thanks!

Another question... Why the heck my U'20 and U'18's managers are playing my strikers as centre backs, my GK as attackers etc? Is this a known bug?

3 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Here's my rough guide...

Shouts to use for whole team

• Encourage: If drawing or losing by 1 goal against better team / if players have low morale
  • No pressure: if losing by 1 goal against much better team / if players are nervous
  • Demand more: if drawing or losing against similar (or worse) team
  • Fire up: if drawing or losing against rivals
  • Berate: if losing against worse team / don't use if multiple players are nervous
  • Praise: if winning by 2+ goals with not long to go / don't use if multiple players are complacent

Shouts to use for individual players (not whole team)

• Calm down: if player is aggressive or frustrated
  • Focus: if player is complacent
2 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Another question... Why the heck my U'20 and U'18's managers are playing my strikers as centre backs, my GK as attackers etc? Is this a known bug?

It might be a bug. When reserve/youth teams don't have enough players to naturally fill all the positions, the managers prefer to fit other players into the team, even if they can't play in those positions. That's why you may end up with GKs in midfield, or wing-backs up front.

The reserve/youth manager usually sets up their team on the day before the match, but you can actually change this if you want to.

Go to the U20/U18 team (or whatever team it is), then change the line-up as much as you want. You don't have to fill all the spaces - the manager will do this automatically when the game comes.

This method does take up some time, but it works very well, especially when you're retraining a young player in a new position and want to make sure they actually play there. I just wish the manager AI showed more sense with its team selections, instead of blindly picking a GK in midfield and expecting you to stop them.

Edited by CFuller

I think that the mandatory release clauses in Spanish contracts need to be something that is entirely ignored by agents unless the "treat club as stepping stone" promise is made in pre-negotiation. In my save it's causing alot of unrealistic behaviour regarding Spanish youngsters, as the release clause in their first pro contract (which is inevitably set very low) ends up being triggered by a top English club, and the player jumps ship because of the English club's club/competition reputations. I'm in 2028 in my save and 3 of the English big 6 have acquired their "top prospect" this way, and Newcastle has as well, meanwhile I don't think it actually has any precedent in real life. I think the release clause also causes LaLiga teams to underperform in general, not just by losing their regens, because they introduce an additional element that can cause contract negotiations to break down, thus making it more difficult for them to renew their players' contracts and bring new players in. And again, meanwhile in real life we have stuff like Kounde's release clause being set at 1 billion, because unless the player sees the club as a stepping stone its never actually a sticking point in contract negotiations.

Setting Transfer Value Guides

To start with, I know I've been very vocal about some aspects of FM of late, but I care. I've put more hours into FM22 than I have any other FM since they went to Steam. I've really enjoyed the game this year but that does not mean I can't be critical. There are parts of FM22 that need real changes to be workable.

The latest little thing I feel needs work is regarding setting transfer values for players.

Let's take an example in my newly joined team. I've been going through the younger players to work out who has potential and who can be let go. I come across Mason Llewellyn and decide I want to keep him but put a decent value on him to warn away interested clubs.

His guide value is:

image.png.ad276d180306910cac3ce3440747363c.png

When I set his transfer value I keep an eye on the agent feedback indicator that says whether he would be happy or unhappy:

image.png.6c0581a29bb84ef29c90f42cffe1e43c.png

I set a price that I think is reasonable and that the player's agent deems reasonable.

Nevertheless, more often than not, I get a player wishing to talk to me the next day because I've set his asking price too high.

image.png.7b540d34eeb427b2c1b0c3f09247bc90.png

Why is the player's agent telling me his player would accept a value that he then goes on to disagree with?

I've seen much talk that the transfer values system is inadequate. I think it needs refining, especially when you see huge variation in values, but I can see why it's deemed necessary to do it this way. There is huge variation in the value of a player, dependent upon many factors.

I do, however, think that if we're being given advice by either a coach or a player agent then that advice should not be so off that it cause friction between me and the player when I follow it. If an agent does suggest to me a player is worth £2.3m and the player then does not agree then why is the agent not stepping in to say he thinks this is fair? Come to the meeting, Mr Agent. Don't hide in the shadows and cause an argument between me and my player.

I am sure the development cycle for FM23 is well underway. It's not too late to make sure things like this are retuned and perfected for FM23.

If there is a very good reason for why there are discrepancies in these values, and the agent feedback, then I'd love to know what it is. If I know I might understand, and even agree.

The biggest problem by far with FM22 is the lack of goals. In various saves I've played in different leagues the average goals per game across the league is about 2.2 - 2.4, at least 0.5 goals a game fewer than there should be. Makes most matches mind numbingly boring to watch. I'm amazed that this was never picked up and fixed in the 'soak tests' that are supposedly run to check that the game is statistically correct because it's an enormous flaw with the game.

-Poor optimisation (can take 2 minutes to reload skin) 
-3D Match Engine: PS2 level graphics, smeared textures, little detail in background, full attendances not displayed in ME (empty seats etc), very little skill move animations, innaccurate player models (hair, skin colour)
- Poor Transfer and Squad building AI (squads overloaded with older players, non sensical offers etc) 
- Poor Morale system (praising a player which actually backfires, too much influence from one player unhappy etc) 
- Highly innacurate Youth Intake Previews 
- Repetitive and boring press conferences (with spelling errors, grammar errors and contradicting questions) 
- Poor Regen Faces (No explanation needed) 
- Poor Searchbar feature (De Paula finds Fred faster than searching for "Fred" etc) 
- Deadline Day feature only works in certain leagues and nations -

-Game breaking bugs present in the game after full release (possession bug, inverted wingers not working as they should, crossing simulator etc) 

- A development team that doesn't do enough to update the game regularly and leaves the game in stagnation for many months during the FM cycle
- Broken promises prior release that STILL have not been fixed to an acceptable degree (DYR etc) 

I am an avid FM player with over 1500 hrs of FM22 so I'm just voicing my opinion on a game that I enjoy every day, but one rife with problems that have not been addressed and the excuses sometimes made to defend this franchise are ridiculous. Someone needs to own up to all of it eventually or this game franchise will stagnate indefinitely... 

Edited by Eoin Maguire

• Eoin Maguire changed the title to Main Problems with Football Manager 2022
On 27/08/2022 at 07:03, anagain said:

Setting Transfer Value Guides

Let's take an example in my newly joined team. I've been going through the younger players to work out who has potential and who can be let go. I come across Mason Llewellyn and decide I want to keep him but put a decent value on him to warn away interested clubs.

The best part of this is that, because you've put an asking price on him, the AI will assume you're trying to get rid.  And because each transfer offer is handled in isolation, you can't create a bidding war if two or more clubs are interested!

Am 31.8.2022 um 12:46 schrieb Eoin Maguire:

Repetitive and boring press conferences (with spelling errors, grammar errors and contradicting questions) 

Yes, getting the same question over an over again.

I mean i got this question on every second press conference.

image.png.a4b6bdc7a196c24f0f8ff5de01c487ee.png

this is so annoying. and i always give the same answer (the second from left. :) )

why does there have to be a press conference before and after every game? why not just on important ones?

2 ore fa, m.obermueller ha scritto:

Yes, getting the same question over an over again.

I mean i got this question on every second press conference.

image.png.a4b6bdc7a196c24f0f8ff5de01c487ee.png

this is so annoying. and i always give the same answer (the second from left. :) )

why does there have to be a press conference before and after every game? why not just on important ones?

I just wonder on how many games media and socials are so crucial like it is for FM. The game is stormed with communications screens, dialogues, talkings and readings. I don't know and I will never understand WHY media and socials and communications in general are SO important for Football Manager and why they insist on making them even bigger.

• SI Staff
On 31/08/2022 at 11:46, Eoin Maguire said:

- Repetitive and boring press conferences (with spelling errors, grammar errors and contradicting questions) 

With millions of words of text in the game, there are going to be some spelling and grammar errors that slip through our proofreading and testing processes. 

If you do see any we'd appreciate it if you could post them in the following topic so we can correct them. 

Does anyone see very long distance goals in FM22? Like ones from the centre circle/halfway line or the player's own half, often when the opposing goalkeeper is outside the box when his team are losing and trying to commit everyone forward or that team are just playing a suicidally high defensive line. I feel like, with so many matches played across the various different leagues, in real life you see at least one every week, but I don't think I've seen one in FM22. Is that the case or is it just less easily found/noticed when it does occur?

Goals like Ismaïla Sarr vs West Brom below or this one from the League of Ireland are the ones I mean.

58 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Does anyone see very long distance goals in FM22? Like ones from the centre circle/halfway line or the player's own half, often when the opposing goalkeeper is outside the box when his team are losing and trying to commit everyone forward or that team are just playing a suicidally high defensive line. I feel like, with so many matches played across the various different leagues, in real life you see at least one every week, but I don't think I've seen one in FM22. Is that the case or is it just less easily found/noticed when it does occur?

Goals like Ismaïla Sarr vs West Brom below or this one from the League of Ireland are the ones I mean.

I have had one goal that was scored  by the opposition against me from their half - was in a game where I was FM'd as well. Have seen a couple of other attempts, but none that were successful.

Transfers and wages !! Will they be sorted ? Currently playing as lincoln utd and just been promoted to NPL but in feb of my promotion season tried to sign a player he wanted £300 apperance fee to join max was £225 so couldnt sign him tried again as can offer part time contracts of £350  a week plus bonus ,player wont even talk now  as i the club dont have a standing in the game , so league below willing to join league above its a no !!!  Just change the script please money talks in football

The Club Vision goals are to strict.

Champions Cup: Reach Final (Minimum) and Leaque Title as required is to strict. 

image.thumb.png.8fd1ca153434723fa7ed0fcb1668eeaa.png

why are there no gradations.

Champions Cup: Reach Quarter Finals -> Required,

Champions Cup: Reach Half Finals -> Desired,

Champions Cup: Reach Final -> Prefered

Same in the league:

Challenge the leaque title -> Required

Win the leaque title -> Desired 

or 

Reach Championscup qualification -> Required

Challenge the leaque title -> Desired 

Win the leaque title -> Prefered or also Desired

I mean to reach the Champions Cup finals is not plannable, there are other really some strong teams in the competition and maybe if u are unlucky you lost against an other top team in the quarter finals. 

Maybe the winning of title should be in the 5 years plan. winning 2 times the champions cup and 3 leaque title the next 5 years. 

I tried to praise a player for a great performance, Apo Halme. He said that he viewed his form differently and ended up really disappointed after the chat.

How can players be annoyed/disappointed after praising them after a good win, when his morale has been sky high since signing 3 months ago

6 hours ago, burdinho said:

I tried to praise a player for a great performance, Apo Halme. He said that he viewed his form differently and ended up really disappointed after the chat.

How can players be annoyed/disappointed after praising them after a good win, when his morale has been sky high since signing 3 months ago

This interaction module is flawed as it is inconceivable that any player would react like this to praise from his manager, even if he didnt think it was totally justified.  It is daft that when you think about praising a player for anything in the game, you have to wonder if he is going to react negatively and whether it is worth it

Thanks, just checking that this was a known issue.

on a related point, positive reactions such as praising the defence as a group for a clean sheet, or the midfield for bossing the game, can generate similar reactions. How can someone be demotivated or stressed in those situations?

hace 17 minutos, burdinho dijo:

Thanks, just checking that this was a known issue.

on a related point, positive reactions such as praising the defence as a group for a clean sheet, or the midfield for bossing the game, can generate similar reactions. How can someone be demotivated or stressed in those situations?

It's a game in this case, not based 100% on reality, probably to avoid praising with no limit as a way to raise moral without any limit. So for game purpose, consider that in FM players don't like to be over praised when they don't think they trully deserve it or when you have done it too many times in a given period. It's like when you praise the players for good training performace 4 times in a row and then they become upset, but if you do it 3 times and then don't do it the 4th time, it resets and you can praise them again the 5th time. It's the limit FM interaction module puts on you to not to "game" it.

All that is based on my game experience and common sense, I have no inside info about it of course.

On 04/09/2022 at 09:35, m.obermueller said:

The Club Vision goals are to strict.

Champions Cup: Reach Final (Minimum) and Leaque Title as required is to strict. 

image.thumb.png.8fd1ca153434723fa7ed0fcb1668eeaa.png

why are there no gradations.

Champions Cup: Reach Quarter Finals -> Required,

Champions Cup: Reach Half Finals -> Desired,

Champions Cup: Reach Final -> Prefered

Same in the league:

Challenge the leaque title -> Required

Win the leaque title -> Desired 

or 

Reach Championscup qualification -> Required

Challenge the leaque title -> Desired 

Win the leaque title -> Prefered or also Desired

I mean to reach the Champions Cup finals is not plannable, there are other really some strong teams in the competition and maybe if u are unlucky you lost against an other top team in the quarter finals. 

Maybe the winning of title should be in the 5 years plan. winning 2 times the champions cup and 3 leaque title the next 5 years. 

I can see you point - but on the other hand I note you are Spanish league - are you Real Madrid or Barcelona? - If so - you could argue that they are required and the board would be disappointed in the manager if they were not to win both of those... maybe not to the point of sacking - but stranger things have happened (are happening) at those two clubs... 

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

This interaction module is flawed as it is inconceivable that any player would react like this to praise from his manager, even if he didnt think it was totally justified.  It is daft that when you think about praising a player for anything in the game, you have to wonder if he is going to react negatively and whether it is worth it

If you had experienced me as a player it probably wouldn't be entirely inconceivable :D

On 03/09/2022 at 08:16, autohoratio said:

This absurd chip from the center circle was scored against me in the French third tier.