*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

My IW cuts inside sometimes.

My only real complaint about wide players - wingers especially is that they cut inside too often tbh. I like seeing IF/IW do that behaviour but I want to be able to use wingers that stay wide, gets the touchline paint on his boots. That would let my team stretch the play even further and would get more space to ping those crosses in. Because he comes inside, he compresses the space and makes his own job harder IMO.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruitment Meetings need filters

Recruitment meetings lose a lot of their benefit at smaller clubs. I am continually offfered foreign players outside of my scouting range by my staff. Surely my staff should know of any financial restrictions based upon our recruitment, so why are they suggesting playings in the likes of South America when I am managing a second tier team in Norway?

All that is needed here is the ability to filter what is suggested at these meetings. A simple toggle to 'make suggestions within the scope of our scouting range'.

28 minutes ago, anagain said:

Recruitment Meetings need filters

Recruitment meetings lose a lot of their benefit at smaller clubs. I am continually offfered foreign players outside of my scouting range by my staff. Surely my staff should know of any financial restrictions based upon our recruitment, so why are they suggesting playings in the likes of South America when I am managing a second tier team in Norway?

All that is needed here is the ability to filter what is suggested at these meetings. A simple toggle to 'make suggestions within the scope of our scouting range'.

Change from Typical to Now. With Now, you will be be given realistic transfers that match scouting and budget.

I don't now why Now isn't the default.

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Change from Typical to Now. With Now, you will be be given realistic transfers that match scouting and budget.

My setting is now and I am constantly given ridiculous targets. I’m a 3.Liga team with no money and Ive been offered players worth up to 6m. Not always though. It’s is mostly giving good choices but some of them are mad 

If a 'crash dumps' folder appears within the 'Sports Interactive' folder,  does that mean there was an issue in-game which caused the crash?

Even though there is no actual file within the folder.

I've just had a few crashes and trying to gauge whether it's the laptop or the game?

The laptop is pretty new and is an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV

To provide more information on this, I might be watching a game, click to change to a different camera angle and the game will just close to the desktop.

Edited by DarrenCon

18 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Consumer's objective question does not offend. When will I be able to play the minimally balanced game? Any forecast for ME's fix?

They don't say when an update will be released so I suggest you just to wait. I know it can be frustrating but there's nothing we can do about it.

The ME is really good in terms of movement diversity (lack of dribbling, lack of midfield play)... I think you have to take the shots from the goalkeepers that attackers win in the defenders' race... There are many balls on the crossbar and I think it has to have more coherent ball hits.

This Fm has a very good var, has great goalkeeper defense, has varied goals even coming a lot from crosses. I expect a patch that fixes this as it's a good FM.

2 minutes ago, Leon_fogo said:

The ME is really good in terms of movement diversity (lack of dribbling, lack of midfield play)... I think you have to take the shots from the goalkeepers that attackers win in the defenders' race... There are many balls on the crossbar and I think it has to have more coherent ball hits.

This Fm has a very good var, has great goalkeeper defense, has varied goals even coming a lot from crosses. I expect a patch that fixes this as it's a good FM.

VAR is brilliant this year si did a fantastic job in that respect

However does anyone know where we can submit complaints about lack of dribbling in the ME? 

SI need to be aware of it otherwise it won't get patched into the game and we'll suffer with a cross fested game unless we start submitting tickets regarding this area. 

1 minute ago, Metal said:

However does anyone know where we can submit complaints about lack of dribbling in the ME? 

SI need to be aware of it otherwise it won't get patched into the game and we'll suffer with a cross fested game unless we start submitting tickets regarding this area. 

Bug reports on the tracker. Watch a game & pick out moments you think a dribble was on that wasn't made :thup:

I don't even know how to search for this observation. But, is it just me, or does the game display a goal scorer graphic just as the shot is going in and does the referee's whistle blow just as a ball is deflecting out for a corner? What I mean is that before you even take in what is happening on the screen, the game is telling you what has happened. There's no second or two delay after the event for you to absorb what you are seeing. 

6 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Where do I find this option? Is it only available within the recruitment meeting?

Transfer Value column on Squad page

Is there a way to permanently change the text in the transfer value column?

FM22_keeplikethis.png.80022fb04b5d797be75893de08741c5a.png

I can chage the width of the column with my mouse to the above;

But it always defaults back to this when I release the mouse.

FM22_transfervalue.png.5303b97dd33cb27895d7c75a89623843.png

I wonder if it is a zoom thing. I've had to increase my FM zoom to 125% this year to make it more comfortable on my eyes.

In other news, have SI changed how the zoom level works. Seems to fit the screen better at higher zoom levels now.

Still finding FM a lot harder to play with my failing eyesight though. I wonder if there are further changes that can be made for the aging among us. Just seems to be poor contrast between the text and everything else.

14 hours ago, Metal said:

I agree with you with regards to crosses and corners irl and on the game. Its much better than wingers and full backs shooting from the byline like in fm20. But I don't agree with you on the dribbling mechanics I think they're very poor and SI need to seriously do more on working it into the game system better and I'm not talking about statistics but actual highlights of players feinting and dribbling past players ala messi style because irl we regularly see top dribblings attempt to beat their man or three players at once which never happens on the game

Without knowing how the ME actually works internally, I would only hypothesise that what you're describing might be a limitation with the graphics.

It also depends whether the game views the dribbling you've described as a highlight to be viewed. It may happen, but because it doesn't lead to anything 'highlight worthy', you just don't see it.

I mean, the attributes and triats are in the game for the kinds of dribbles you've described to exist, so I guess the problem may be down to graphical issues where the game just can't show those kind of animations due to certain limitations.

But again, these are just guesses and hypotheses.

I'll need to see if I can properly repo this, but has anyone else noticed problems where you can make a comment, and have "player X is pleased with PineappleBlender's comments" listed as a negative in the happiness section.

I've also noticed you get quite a few responses with player interactions like this:

PineappleBlender: Awesome player, with superb morale, you're doing an amazing job recently keep up your great work.
Awesome Player: (morale drops) Thanks boss, I really appreciate that.

Additionally a lot of the time the player interaction screen will say a player holds no real opinion of you even when you're best buddies who go golfing together after training.

5 minutes ago, bahmet said:

It's time for FM to move to two-year release cycles with a base update to edit 3D Match Engine and other bugs for a year, not 6 months. So you have a full year for revision and a year for development.

That is why the game is released every year not completed and with many bugs.

You can sell not for $40-60, but immediately for $80-100 in this case.

Development is ongoing anyway. SI don't start from scratch every December. Many ideas in FM22 will have been worked on for the past few years and are implemented when perfected.

Exactly what about FM22 is unfinished and riddled with bugs?

I wonder if you've thought this through, seeing as how you're arguing for a 2 year release cycle at double the cost of the game.

Long, long time player of the series but this year, for the first time, I feel a bit ripped off paying what feels like £30odd for this version.

UI with more clicks for same result and things like regen faces with eyebrows are actually worse than previous editions.

Dynamic youth national ratings sound good, but will take 100s of gameplay to see any difference and that's it.  Team staff meetings and deadline day jazz actually add nothing new. 

I will get 100s of hours of fun am sure out of FM22 but I really feel I could have got the same amount of fun from recent editions and saved myself 30odd quid and I've never really felt that way on FM before. 

40 минут назад, anagain сказал:

В любом случае разработка продолжается. СИ не начинают с нуля каждый декабрь. Многие идеи FM22 были разработаны в течение последних нескольких лет и реализованы, когда доведены до совершенства.

А что же FM22 недоработан и изобилует ошибками?

Интересно, обдумали ли вы это, учитывая, что вы выступаете за двухлетний цикл выпуска по удвоенной стоимости игры.

Я не сказал, что каждый декабрь они начинают с нуля. Я говорил о том, что им не хватает времени, чтобы решить все проблемы текущей версии. Даже после финального патча есть проблемы, которые иногда не решаются в следующей версии.

Просто зайдите в багтрекер)

Двойное значение необходимо, если они боятся потерять доход.

В чем разница между FM22 и FM21? Updated base, Similar skin and new bugs

Edited by bahmet

I don't know whether it's just me, but I find this year's VAR checks more obnoxious than last year. I've now completed two seasons and I'm honestly not exaggerating when I say I see at least one VAR check per match. I don't know what the stats are in real life, but it's coming to a point I'm getting really sick of them. The suspense is long gone, they're just annoying and anticlimactic, I honestly wish there was a way to turn them off.

12 hours ago, glenjamin said:

Any idea when the first patch is usually released after launch day? Bought FM22 the other day, but not a hope I'll be playing it until some of the issues in this thread are sorted.

Not playing FM due to what gets written on here generally means you'll never play it. 

Not negative feedback here. Very positive. I couldn’t get fm21 due to work, money, family, house blah blah blah. Just wasn’t possible. So for me fm22 was quite different (goodbye fitness % and hello little green hearts etc lol). 

I love it. Absolutely superb. Finding VAR much much much better. On fm20 that I was still playing VAR was pointless as always the same outcome. Finding this edition far more varied adding to nervous waits for decisions just like real life. 

Yes as always there will always be room for improvement, like press conferences for example. I don’t like sending my assistant, however they are still extremely repetitive. You can get away without reading the question most the time.

well done all behind the scenes for continued hard work.  

I am kinda getting bored from the same questions in interviews about one player who was already injured in gam and it will be 9 months out, and they ask me every month twice at least, how is the injury going, when will he return.

And dont know is it my tactit or are my players really bad or is it a bug, but my fullbacks and wingers who are not set piece takers, having bad rating every game unless they score or assist which happens rarely.

Mallen 10(21) games 3G 1A 6.72 average rating

Hazard 17(16) games 3G 4A 6.85 average rating

Coman 7(3) games 1G 1A 6.69 average rating

Lazzari 26(8) games 0G 3A 6.79 average rating

This is annoying:

Important player requests move due to lack of playing time (after only playing 75% of matches due to having crappy condition and being sent off on plenty of 1 week holidays) so is transfer listed at own request

I buy a replacement player.

Bids received at 60% of value, clubs will absolutely not negotiate past 75% of value and will not accept any clauses that are worth adding.

Reluctantly accept bid from the club that the player says he wants to move to.

Player then rejects the move and becomes unhappy, reducing morale in squad and bloating the squad.

Player refuses to find new club after being offered out again. Refuses to leave on loan. Says he wants to stay.

Not a biggie and perhaps this has been the case of the last few FMs but gray players in the English non leagues seem a bit too - foreign - if i can say that.

Just been drawn against Coalville in FA Cup qualifying and they have an Indonesian keeper, Finnish centre back, Australian centre-mid, and two Americans - a keeper and a striker.

Looking around other non-league clubs it seems to be the case all over the place. 

Edited by batch

• Administrators
10 hours ago, DarrenCon said:

These are the crash dumps I am getting

Not sure what they mean or how to interpret them. Any help on how to avoid getting crash dumps?

It's really irritating especially when they are so frequent

As a first step we'd very much reading the following article from our FAQ - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409234165521

If after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions there, please contact our support team directly here - https://fm22.info/SupportTicket and upload some of your crash dumps so they can be analysed by the team. 

Thanks. 

Quick question….

does the possession bug which showing defensive teams with high levels of possession effect or impact on the data hub and using stats for planning for the next  game?

for example would someone like Norwich show up on my opposition report stating they were good at keeping the ball etc when in reality they weren’t?

4 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

Quick question….

does the possession bug which showing defensive teams with high levels of possession effect or impact on the data hub and using stats for planning for the next  game?

for example would someone like Norwich show up on my opposition report stating they were good at keeping the ball etc when in reality they weren’t?

Data will show what the AI portrays in game, the same it would do for you. So I would say yes, teams with unlikely high pass stats, possession stats would at this moment say they’re defensive. I once had Newcastle sitting top, two seasons in a row with 60% possession in the stats and they’re struggling at the bottom and teams such as City, Liverpool low down in the passing stats with teams such as Burnley and Wolves with anywhere between 500/1000 more passes.

On 12/11/2021 at 23:14, GOODNAME said:

I'm getting so frustrated with this ME

I have really great IF and W with great dribbling and pace attributes , but its seems so useless at this ME its driving me crazy cuz all they do is running wide , and pass it backwards

I really don't know how they haven't noticed this, you just never see on this ME players dribble past 1 or 2 defenders and shoot or make a good pass 

Best to use IW as your wide roles for now- its not perfect but if you check out BusttheNet Rashidi has some good recent videos and example tactics that get the best out of wide players. What is nice is that as they don't crowd the middle Advanced Playmakers are very effective with the right setup.

I've noticed something with a player who I loaned out. Apparently, he has a clause in his contract that allows him to "train with parent club":

en5cGUC.png

I think this is new this year. I don't remember adding the clause myself, so does it perhaps get added automatically if distance between the clubs isn't too big? At least I would assume that can't work if a player gets loaned out of the country?

2 hours ago, Prej said:

I'm getting a little annoyed by the injury related questions during press conferences.

I understand that a reporter might be asking me if one of my first team players will be back for the game, but quite often I encounter situations when I'm asked if some injured U18 or fringe player will be featured in tomorrow's Champion's League game. Sometimes I even need to check who they're talking about.

Here's an example, ahead of a CL qualifier:

611331399_Screenshot2021-11-14114142.jpg.164f3a701ed84486f5de94959db0fed0.jpg

The reporter is asking if a player will be available tomorrow.

Aaaaaaaaaand the player is:

604018823_Screenshot2021-11-14114206.jpg.a128bf0068f27374c77c9ed6a0274483.jpg

A C-list youngster with zero games for the club,

181767104_Screenshot2021-11-14114351.thumb.jpg.895d9437a4e1f35b0ab898ff5e2e69a2.jpg

We are about to play the second leg of an important qualifier, and you're asking me about some youngster who hasn't even played a single game for the club? Try to imagine that situation during a press conference.

Anyone else noticed that?

That's why most of the time I don't give a ***** about press conferences... Usually they ask stupid questions and stuff about other clubs. The only time I attend to one is when I see they'll ask about another club interest in one of my players (another stupid thing, the ass-man will always say the player is available) and before big matches.