*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, TIR669 said:

Was on the brink of buying but something reminded me to check the feedback thread on SI forums.

So what I can tell:

- IFs are wingers and it is so brokenly bad I'm seeing dozens of posts where people cannot play those positions at all since all they do is cross

- goals are usually scored from set pieces

- FM21 fixed 1on1 finishing, now it's back to the usual broken mess it's always been

- counter tactics still not a viable option

- weaker teams possession is unrealistically high

- VAR checking all goals

- not even gonna mention the backward step taken with regen faces and their bold eyebrows... it's 2022. 

Pick any three of the above and it would be enough reasons to not buy, yet I could still go on with the list.

As always, the December patch will fix half of the above, balance a few more by a bit, break five more things in the meantime.

Skipping this year for sure. And I think I'm a regular since 2007, so that says something.

I am not going to specifically comment on any of these points, but would point out that under 400 users have commented in this thread and only a % of them have raised any of the points you raise.  Rather than listen to the thoughts of a few others ( both positive and negative ), why not try the free demo and make up your own mind?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TIR669 said:

Was on the brink of buying but something reminded me to check the feedback thread on SI forums.

So what I can tell:

- IFs are wingers and it is so brokenly bad I'm seeing dozens of posts where people cannot play those positions at all since all they do is cross

- FM21 fixed 1on1 finishing, now it's back to the usual broken mess it's always been

- VAR checking all goals

- not even gonna mention the backward step taken with regen faces and their bold eyebrows... it's 2022. 

Pick any three of the above and it would be enough reasons to not buy, yet I could still go on with the list.

As always, the December patch will fix half of the above, balance a few more by a bit, break five more things in the meantime.

Skipping this year for sure. And I think I'm a regular since 2007, so that says something.

I wouldn't base your decision to buy the game based on this thread, the General Feedback thread is mostly negative  every year so it also being negative this year is of no significance. 

Edited by Platinum

hace 7 horas, Metal dijo:

• Tone down the tendency for players to go wide and cross

IF role works well without ball, which makes them have opportunities to finish near the keeper and score goals. With the ball they have an unreal tendency to run to the wide and cross. If you say that the role of IF works I recommend that you watch the Real Sociedad - Real Madrid of today and look at how many times Vinicius has run to the sideline and how many he cut inside to dribble, pass or shoot.

SPOILER: once he has run for the wing, 19 times he has cut inside. In FM it happens the opposite.

PD: You point out the same issue in your message. It's right what you say, it's a general tendency but that tendency is more marked in wing players like IF/IW, but it's not just a problem of that role, I agree... We don't say such different things 

Edited by david_kax

hace 8 horas, TIR669 dijo:

So what I can tell:

- VAR checking all goals

To anyone who doubts whether to buy the game, I would recommend waiting a few days for the patch and trying it, I think if SI manage to fix the most important bugs, the game will be very good. Let's be patient and trust that SI will improve the game soon ;)

I just want to see is this a bug or is this a new thing.

I am in my second season, the qatar world cup season and I am in knockout stages of Europe League. Odd thing is there are no return matches anymore.

Is this a new thing or?

27 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

I just want to see is this a bug or is this a new thing.

I am in my second season, the qatar world cup season and I am in knockout stages of Europe League. Odd thing is there are no return matches anymore.

Is this a new thing or?

It’s just for that season. Due to the World Cup there’s a fixture pile up so some rounds are now just 1 game. The quarter finals go back to two legs

8 hours ago, david_kax said:

To anyone who doubts whether to buy the game, I would recommend waiting a few days for the patch and trying it, I think if SI manage to fix the most important bugs, the game will be very good. Let's be patient and trust that SI will improve the game soon ;)

Is the patch definitely coming soon? 

4 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

I anticipate it will be released anytime from the 13th Dec onwards. However there's no guarantee that it will fix any of the issues mentioned...

Edited by Luizinho

I’m genuinely really enjoying this edition but as others have stated just fix the corner (and long throw) bug and ill be happy. I shouldn’t have to self sabotage my own team for the sake of realism lol. 

AI play with a GK and/or CD as a winger and/or a forward.
AI play with 1 more foreign player than permitted and substituted him off and no player subbed on in first minute of the matches.
And there are other opportunities which AI can easyly apply instead of GK/CD and/or 1 more foreign player situations.
It's an issue about Turkish League since 2020. There must be 3 possibilities come to mind;
1) You do not care about feedbacks on Turkish Leauge since 2020.
2) You do not simulate Turkish League before release date.
3) You do not even care about Turkish League at all...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

44 minutes ago, TIR669 said:

As I've said, because the same story happens every year. Not every other, not once in five. EVERY. YEAR. That's why I won't even bother with the demo, I've known this place for a while now, I'm not a casual FM player that can be dragged in by new 'features' in terms of a few redesigned UI's each year. 

Last year I believe it was the ratings, all players were getting <6.5 ratings regularly and people winning titles had 2-3 players with 7.05 rating, rest were all crap. Which caused media question their performances over and over, fans being mad for "bad" purchases, morale being low etc., thing that was fixed only after New Year, so 2 months after the release. This was gamebreaking, yet took a lot of time to fix. Just take a look at this post from January 4th... Plus newgen numbers were too low, meaning long-term saves were not a viable option either. Just take a look: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/545572-is-there-another-patch-coming-soon-for-fm21-i-want-know-if-i-should-start-a-save-now/#comment-12887655

I also remember passing map in analysis was broken year long, you could not see how your players passed the ball quite often after the match. February 23rd, 4 months after release, this was your passing (heat)map on the analysis screen (taken from here: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/551962-football-manager-2021-official-feedback-thread/page/93/#comment-12972478)

spacer.png

It's something either gamebreaking or obnoxious each year, and I won't waste my hours trying out a demo for a game that is obviously in a bad state. So taking a look at the last 5-10 pages of the feedback thread, notably the popular posts, usually gives me a good picture of what to expect. And I've seen enough, and I know what to expect - the game will be good, but I will get annoyed by not having the option of playing a viable deep counter strategy, I'll have all regens in 2030s having the bold eyebrows, I'll have to play target-man or narrow tactics, and blah blah blah, to avoid what's badly represented in game.

Once that's fixed, I'll consider buying. And I'm not writing this to hurt sales or something like that, just thinking out loud. And we both know same thing will happen next year too.

I dont think you know what game breaking means.

3 hours ago, Ranquelme said:

It’s just for that season. Due to the World Cup there’s a fixture pile up so some rounds are now just 1 game. The quarter finals go back to two legs

I guessed it was because of that.

But found it on harder way, played against Locomotiv Moscow and lost 2-1 and was thinking, that is a good result.

Until I realized I got knocked out. 🤣

Good morning 
I am playing football manager 2021 online with my friend .

I run a team Man City where I have really good football players worth several billion 

Every match in the league is a winner for me against the computer but I played with a friend in the Champions League and lost the match by a score of 10:2 

I am 35 years old and I have never seen such a result in a match where strong teams play and the score is 10:2

Football Manager 2022 in my opinion a poor football simulator  

Screenshot_12.png

17 hours ago, Platinum said:

I wouldn't base your decision to buy the game based on this thread, the General Feedback thread is mostly negative  every year so it also being negative this year is of no significance. 

I'd go further and say that I wouldn't often base my decision on buying anything solely based on complete strangers feedback.  To do so when there exists a completely free way of forming your own opinion, would be even more baffling.  

Weirdly these days people put far more stock in this kind of stuff rather than form their own opinions. I'm sure there's some psychological reason why.

hace 9 horas, kamackeris dijo:

They usually take it out for Christmas. Obviously SIGames does not give an exact date not to pressure the team and because there is always the possibility of last-minute problems that delay it a few days and that causes more frustration in the community. It is better to wait a few more days and for the patch to fix the largest number of issues. Let's be patient ;)

Edited by david_kax

8 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Just watched the latest stream highlights from the Network game with DoctorBenjy, Zealand, Lollujo and WorkTheSpace. Their goalkeepers are regularly scoring from attacking corners just by having them attack the near post. Frankly you could pull somebody from the crowd or burger van and it'd be the same result.

For the next FM, SI should have a beta so that people can report these issues before the game is released. :)

What is with this panel (highlighted in red)? It appears when I change a player but I can't get rid of it.

image.thumb.png.6e831efcc2206f9417e9432fc679b1ad.png

Yep, I am using the Zealand skin but I believe it happens on the base skin.

I can click on the various tactical instruction panels below this.

Managed to remove it by dragging the player added to the team.

It is yet another UI problem. I can only think it is meant as a comparison between exchanged players. THing is Goodship is only in that mezzala position because I changed the formation. It is not a straight change but one needed because I have altered formation. There is no need to compare the players, especially with a panel that is awkward to remove.

The issue with targeting a weakness and putting your keepers on the near post is that it double-dips into the fact that the AI isn't capable of realising the keeper has been sent up and playing in a way that creates an incredibly dangerous counter.

Like in a game with combat you can invariably exploit terrain and pathing to take down enemies. There comes a point where you just have to accept that if you put in unrealistic situations, you get unrealistic outcomes. The games industry  in general just doesn't have a counter to the sustained pressure hundreds of thousands of minds can think up to exploit weaknesses once the game goes live. 

7 hours ago, rafkos7732 said:

Good morning 
I am playing football manager 2021 online with my friend .

I run a team Man City where I have really good football players worth several billion 

Every match in the league is a winner for me against the computer but I played with a friend in the Champions League and lost the match by a score of 10:2 

I am 35 years old and I have never seen such a result in a match where strong teams play and the score is 10:2

Football Manager 2022 in my opinion a poor football simulator  

Tell your friend to stop using match engine exploits :).

41 minutes ago, santy001 said:

The issue with targeting a weakness and putting your keepers on the near post is that it double-dips into the fact that the AI isn't capable of realising the keeper has been sent up and playing in a way that creates an incredibly dangerous counter.

Like in a game with combat you can invariably exploit terrain and pathing to take down enemies. There comes a point where you just have to accept that if you put in unrealistic situations, you get unrealistic outcomes. The games industry  in general just doesn't have a counter to the sustained pressure hundreds of thousands of minds can think up to exploit weaknesses once the game goes live. 

The thing is people complain about 'exploits' yet persist on doing them. Someone on twitter was moaning the other day about the goalkeeper on corners but keeps on putting his goalkeeper up for corners 🤦‍♂️

Unbelievable that they release a game with a such a game breaker bug like the IW/IF

I just cannot understand how they dev team have not saw this with all the tests that they did

Don't get me wrong they did wonderful job and other aspects on the ME but i just cannot play with this game.

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@Yellowbucket58  Very good post, well researched.  This would be a great value to the dev team, so can I please ask that you repost this with the attachment in the relevant subforum of the Bug Tracker and at least there the developers can have a look ?

I uploaded it in the All Other Gameplay section of the Bug Tracker. I think that's the correct section to upload it to as the other sections didn't seem appropriate.

Edited by Yellowbucket58

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

@Yellowbucket58  Very good post, well researched.  This would be a great value to the dev team, so can I please ask that you repost this with the attachment in the relevant subforum of the Bug Tracker and at least there the developers can have a look ?

This has been reported years ago and no proper fix yet, nothing will change.

Full backs regens have been always been poor, even though fullbacks importance in the modern game has been highly valuable such as Trent, Hakimi etc

Edited by kingking

I know I rant about interactions a lot but common, how are they this bad? End of season almost and Bruno was banned for the CL final, which we lost to Liverpool, of course we did, despite beating them twice in the season quite comfortably, but hey it is what it is, Liverpool are unbeatable in CL finals. Now Bruno comes up to me with a concern, he feels like he is never going to be good enough for the first team and wants a move. Yeah right... what? I guess him being the highest rated player in the league and my player with the most player of the match performances means he ain't good enough. Like how is this game sooooo bad at all this interaction ?

Then there are players complaining during massive fixture congestion that we don't do enough training of x, y or z, despite us barely training at all because we have to play a game ever 2-3 days for 8 weeks in a row, of course we won't have a full-blown, well-rounded training schedule, I'm trying to keep you alive here, mate.

The crap interactions and immersion breaking goes on and on and on, there is just no end to it.

Not to speak of the stupid repetitiveness that are press conferences, thank god I can give them to my Assistant. And yeah I get it, it's all part of football these days. The problem is that this is a game and from a game design perspective it's a bit hard to justify to have parts in a game that everyone I have ever seen skips, delegates or has his method of quickly clicking through. Let's be real SI you know this too, it's why there have been barely any improvements to this part of the game over last couple of years and logic bugs that have been in the game for god knows how long, because you hate this part of the game just as much as we users do.

6 hours ago, prot651 said:

Who is saying its a game breaker ?  Only a very small percentage . 

The same small percentage as say it's a broken game every single year. The same small percentage that upvote every negative post that suggests bugs are gamebreaking.

Meanwhile, in the real world, many, many very happy people are playing the game at home. Probably 95%+ of all FM players.

Those players are contedly playing the wonderfully addictive and enjoyable game that FM22 is. They might, admittedly like me, think that there are things in the match engine that could be better. They might think the UI could be improved, like me. Making FM perfect is a goal but it's not easy.

Sadly, like every part of life in this internet run world there is a small percentage that feel everything is wrong and must be grumbled about. They are rarely constructive.

SI have to give them their voice on this forum. The best we can do is remind them patiently that they might try to be constructive or that the game's not broken.

The latest post complaining that they're not buying the game because they read a few posts on here that said the game is broken is just the ridiculous tip. Then, when suggested they try the demo, complaining that the demo won't help because they know the forum is right and that it's the same every year. Makes me wonder why they come here year on year.

The rest of us will just be the majority sitting at home loving the game and waiting patiently for SI to patch a few things and continue to improve this game.

I've just gone an entire season playing the default gegenpress tactic with Dulwich in the Vanarama South with a very small team of around 18 players and ended up finishing 2nd with a media prediction of 16th.

How can a team of part time players play such high intensity football with only a squad of 18 players? During games my players were knackered but it didn't seem to influence results my team just carried on playing and winning game after game. 

I was expecting a ton of injuries to deal with, players to tired for the next match etc, the team losing momentum towards the final 1/3 of the match but, nothing, its such an overpowered tactic with no consequences and this was suppose to be fixed, yet again I fall for the sales talk and believed it was fixed. 

I bought FM on release but didn’t get to play a lot before last week. So I got into it only just now but oh my, the match engine is terrible. It feels like FM20 all over again, every goal is scored from a cross or a set piece. It genuinely feels like you have a bigger chance of scoring a header with your 5’6” winger than a 1v1 with your 18 finishing striker. How is that possible when the ME was so good last year? You just know they aren’t gonna fix it this year and announce an improved ME as a headline feature for FM23. I’ve seen this before. Big shame SI, big shame (once again)…

Edited by hagedisboy

I'm back with another UI thing I wanted to add feedback on. This time adding a player to the unwanted list.

For what it's worth I like this feature. It can be time consuming to offload a player so having the DoF handle it is great.

When I add the player I get this pop up window:

image.png.725227e3c3e18a1bd26a7c2e959fe619.png

I'm wondering why the Min. Acceptable Amount field is there when I can't use it. I want to say 'don't sell him for less than £5k' but can't seem to find a way to do so.

So I try the other options:

image.png.6d6306a2561404ee18e0d8b6e9975b1a.png

Selling for asking price gives me the option to set a price. Sell any price or half value gives me the same min. acceptable amount field but similiarly greyed out.

So I go back to the player's transfer page and give him a transfer value. Now I can enter a min. acceptable amount under sell for asking price.

image.png.9dcbf1a6e472f6ca48141f69f00f76ff.png

Conclusion: It's confusing. It would be helpful if the unwanted list pop up window had a box for designating the player's value on it. It obviously goes by the transfer value that you designate but the window doesn't really make that clear.

It just strikes me as not working as intended when a window has options that are greyed out always.

Just need to do as I suggest below or get rid of this quick option and have managers go through the player's transfer screen where all the information is.

image.png.d0ec8f7431287694133b693cfd24df64.png

18 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I've just gone an entire season playing the default gegenpress tactic with Dulwich in the Vanarama South with a very small team of around 18 players and ended up finishing 2nd with a media prediction of 16th.

How can a team of part time players play such high intensity football with only a squad of 18 players? During games my players were knackered but it didn't seem to influence results my team just carried on playing and winning game after game. 

I was expecting a ton of injuries to deal with, players to tired for the next match etc, the team losing momentum towards the final 1/3 of the match but, nothing, its such an overpowered tactic with no consequences and this was suppose to be fixed, yet again I fall for the sales talk and believed it was fixed. 

I am seeing similar. I'm not playing high press football but my players do tire fast during matches. If I have a second game midweek I will normally set all the team that played to rest for a day. More often than not all players are fully fit 3 or 4 days later.

I don't know what the real problem is. Are injuries not tweaked high enough or do players just recover too fast?

Personally, I think this falls in the bracket of 'is the game too easy?' question that is often asked. I think the game is and I suspect it is down to AI but perfecting the AI in a game as advanced as FM is never going to be easy.

I really like this version but the corner kicks are too OP. I am playing a game against Liverpool and I conceded two goals from the far post corner in the first half . Liverpool have had four corners.

If this is fixed and the wingers' behavior is fixed, it will be one of the best game releases in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Just because people don't come here to complain, doesn't mean they enjoy the issues that this game undoubtedly has.

"Those players are contently playing the wonderfully addictive and enjoyable game that FM22 is. " - No. The wonderfully addictive and enjoyable game that FM* is.

Players are content with the game because it's the same game they've been enjoying for years. The gameplay is mostly the same and people love it, especially when it comes to casual players. They don't notice little nuances and issues with the game, and are just happy to play the game only to win everything. A lot of more hardcore players definitely like to micromanage more, explore different tactical options, etc. Those are the players that will hang around more on the internet, and those are the players that will notice the issues the game has. Not all of them will come to this forum to complain about it or raise issues in the bug section. I've seen a lot of players unhappy with a lot of the issues mentioned here in this thread, be it on Reddit, Facebook, or other forums.

Saying bugs are gamebreaking is generally untrue, but for some players that might be the case. Maybe they want to play in certain way and see certain things happen on the pitch, but are unable to, because of the issues with the current ME.

Players have every right to not buy the game if they don't like its current state.

I'm also loving the game right now, but not because this version is great, but because it's a FOOTBALL MANAGER game. I do find a lot of things very frustrating, and complaining you see on the forums is definitely justifiable, if that means the devs will listen and fix the issues (which they probably will).

The issue we've seen happen (especially in the last few years), is that the game doesn't get rid of frustrating issues (that some people call gamebreaking) until the 3rd patch in March. Sometimes not even then, but in the next year's version of the game. FM21 had the best ME in my opinion, and if it stayed like that, with the new Animations engine, it would've been even better. Obviously, along the way, adding a new role or tweaking the pressing settings, or whatever else they changed, messed up the ME.

It keeps happening every year, we've had crossing simulator a few years back, then in FM20 complete lack of central play. And it's going to keep working like this until they create/redesign/make a new ME.

Well, yeah, pretty much what I said. Making posts to discuss what you think can be improved is great. Constructive feedback is always welcome. I have done so myself this very morning. I also upvoted a post that criticised the stats of newgen FBs and WBs because it included a huge amount of research to back up thoughts.

I think you might be misunderstanding exactly what I am saying.

We all want a perfected version of FM, but I wonder if that goal is attainable. As perfect as is possible with hard work is what I desire. There are things that don't seem to get improved year on year. I've been very vocal about that and believe most of it is UI related.

17 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Players have every right to not buy the game if they don't like its current state.

Very true. What I find puzzling and non-constructive if gamers coming on here to moan about the game when they've not played it (and refuse to try the demo) or those that insist the game is broken. Those are the ones that don't understand that FM is a complex game that takes a lot of work to get to the best state possible.

I'd just like to see some understanding and respect.

2 hours ago, hagedisboy said:

I bought FM on release but didn’t get to play a lot before last week. So I got into it only just now but oh my, the match engine is terrible. It feels like FM20 all over again, every goal is scored from a cross or a set piece. It genuinely feels like you have a bigger chance of scoring a header with your 5’6” winger than a 1v1 with your 18 finishing striker. How is that possible when the ME was so good last year? You just know they aren’t gonna fix it this year and announce an improved ME as a headline feature for FM23. I’ve seen this before. Big shame SI, big shame (once again)…

Sorry your wrong .This was from the Euro comp last year. The SportScout performance analysis tool was used to time code when goal scored and the associated behaviors relating to goal scoring. Results: It was presented that 57.9 % of the goals were scored in the second half and most of them in the last 15-min period, while the first goal seems to play an important role in the final result of the match. Most goals were scored during open play (72.4%) but 27.6% scored after a set play, mainly following corner kick and free kick. Concerning initiation zone of the attack, it was presented that 56.6% began from the attacking half. Most goals were scored after a cross (43.7%) while regarding goal scoring area, over 90% of goals were scored inside the penalty area and specifically from the area between penalty spot and goal... so 43 7% were scored from a cross . So this game seems true to life 

Edited by prot651

17 minutes ago, sirgiorgio said:

The new (?) Italian translation is awful! Is it machine-translated?

If you find issues with it, please post it in here: 

2 hours ago, XaW said:

If you find issues with it, please post it in here: 

It's just awful and I reported some stuff already in the mentioned forum.

Please do the same, as you're right, sometimes it's kinda visible it's done with G Translate..

4 hours ago, (sic) said:

The issue we've seen happen (especially in the last few years), is that the game doesn't get rid of frustrating issues (that some people call gamebreaking) until the 3rd patch in March. Sometimes not even then, but in the next year's version of the game. FM21 had the best ME in my opinion, and if it stayed like that, with the new Animations engine, it would've been even better. Obviously, along the way, adding a new role or tweaking the pressing settings, or whatever else they changed, messed up the ME.

It keeps happening every year, we've had crossing simulator a few years back, then in FM20 complete lack of central play. And it's going to keep working like this until they create/redesign/make a new ME.

This is basically how I feel - FM21's match engine wasn't perfect but it never really felt completely unrealistic like FM20 or FM22.

I'd have loved for this edition to be SI focusing entirely for a year on sorting out the messy UI, improving press conferences and the like. The background stuff. Bug fixing. Regen faces. Stadiums.

Instead it's the new employee meetings (which I bet 99% of players skip each time), worse regen faces (which would be more excusable if Zealand hadn't created his own AMAZING regen facepack that SI for some reason want nothing to do with!!), and an ME that's a huge step backwards.

Have to say the ME shows more variety, had really some nice plays, with great thru balls and good finishing. The bugs are known so hope they will be fixed soon, if that happens the ME will be great for sure. 

One thing i noticed which is a negative is, alot of players get a new long contract easily in the game. Its not reflected to real life at all, but oke fine its a game anyway but the renewing goes way to easy. Had some players on the eye to get, like Kessie, Rudi, Tielemans etc. and they all renewed their contract with 5 years. Also Pogba did that, im like nah that aint realistic to me. And more funny is about Kessie, renewing his contract (while i by the way scouted them showed interest in them as REAL MADRID) and after renewing now he wants to join a bigger club, putted himself on the transferlist. Im like uhhh wtheck is this all about! -_-