*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/02/2022 at 09:28, TioPatinhax said:

Usually, when does the winter update come out? Is it this month or only in March? Thank you

I think because of some different winter transfer window closure dates the option is likely 1.  to wait for completion of both and have 1 data update  2. have 2 data separate updates

It would be normal for the winter update to contain some bug fixes

SI dont always announce dates for obvious reasons and as always we will be told when they are ready to tell us but you can look on what happened previously to get a rough idea of what could happen and when

29 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I think because of some different winter transfer window closure dates the option is likely 1.  to wait for completion of both and have 1 data update  2. have 2 data separate updates

It would be normal for the winter update to contain some bug fixes

SI dont always announce dates for obvious reasons and as always we will be told when they are ready to tell us but you can look on what happened previously to get a rough idea of what could happen and when

They releasing 2 updates

1 after match and 1 before

So its could be even today..

52 minutes ago, Icy said:

Really? I'm curious about why would you prefer to wait.

Talking about preferences and going offtopic in this thread, I'd prefer monthly or even weekly match updates with every tweak SI does so we can mass tests them and decide which one is the best instead of having match engine releases every X months that if you don't like are forced to use until the next one is released months later or even to have to wait for the next FM version.

Regarding database updates, release them when available, in fact I'd pay for a living official database like the sortioutsi one that is user contributed, updated daily.

Tying both together, I would prefer a paid subscription method instead of yearly releases, so we would be getting engine and ME improvements and updates constantly, but economically it's probably worse for the companies or EA and 2k would also do the same with their sports games.

The key bit e.g. player movements between clubs, this  can only happen in 2 specific windows. Any data changes will only get picked up in game by starting a new game. so for the very frequent non player staff movements you would be needing a new game each time to pick it up

In addition I very, very much doubt the sortitousi data update compares favorably against the SI update, it will also be without the player / staff attribute amendments that comes with SI updates nor any league / competition changes that may get added

hace 8 minutos, MrPompey dijo:

The key bit e.g. player movements between clubs, this  can only happen in 2 specific windows. Any data changes will only get picked up in game by starting a new game. so for the very frequent non player staff movements you would be needing a new game each time to pick it up

In addition I very, very much doubt the sortitousi data update compares favorably against the SI update, it will also be without the player / staff attribute amendments that comes with SI updates nor any league / competition changes that may get added

Agree, probably didn't express well myself, I meant I'd pay fom an SI official data release updated much more frequently instead of having to wait for the transfer windows to close as each league has a different one that delay the main ones a lot.

3 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

There are barley transfers after mid February. 

- Israel (3/2)
- Austria & Turkey (7&8 Feb)
- Azerbaijan (9/2)
- Serbia (11/2)
- Hungary (14/2)
- Romania (14/2)
- Swiss (15/2)
- Croatia (15/2)
- Slovenia (15/2)
- Russia (22/2)
- Czech (22/2)
- Poland (28/2)
- Ukraine (2/3)
- Mexico - Iran (1/2 & 2/2)
- Australia (10/2)
- Argentina (23/2)
- Brazil (12/4)

Transfer markets which remain open after January. Football is not top-5 European leagues only.

Thank you!

@Icy & @GOODNAME

Edited by fc.cadoni

1 hour ago, Icy said:

Regarding database updates, release them when available, in fact I'd pay for a living official database like the sortioutsi one that is user contributed, updated daily.

This is terrible bad idea for SEGA and economic model. Why someone can subscribe when have the option to do this for free? Game costs around 35€ and to stay in-line with that price has to be 2.9€ per month subscribe. Has to ban Pre-Game editor (no available option to buy), has to ban In-Game Editor and I can't imagine the deals for licenses what will be happen. If SEGA (it's not SI) turns to subscribe model has to increase the 2.9€ per month which has the effect that game will end up to cost more than 35€. No thank you!

Edited by fc.cadoni

55 minutes ago, Icy said:

Agree, probably didn't express well myself, I meant I'd pay fom an SI official data release updated much more frequently instead of having to wait for the transfer windows to close as each league has a different one that delay the main ones a lot.

From a data perspective it wouldnt worry me too much as its the 2 key data changes but I can see mileage in more regular ME changes and UI improvements/fixes. However that would take some management of the Bugs forum with people posting issues relating to potentially different ME and UI versions.

For software from vendors like Adobe its likely a strong market for a monthly subscription with regular updates and at the point you stop paying you cant use the software anymore. Plus a monthly cost of £10 / annual cost of £120 its likely worth it

For SI and their punters it would likely be a £3 - £4 monthly subscription.  My view is that you would lose the novelty and demand for the annual releases so unlikely to be a commercial success which in turn would impact the ability to enhance and optimise the product going forwards so us punters would lose out also

That's my personal view for what its worth. Considering I am one of Lord Sugar's trusted advisors there is clearly some good sense in what I have posted ;)

4 hours ago, dannyfc said:

Love the idea of a subscription updates.

Usually get bored of a save once the ME patterns become repetitive, but imagine being able to maintain a career over years that stays fresh from frequent updates.

thats my point, for each data update you'd need to start a new game for it to be included

6 minutes ago, goku4 said:

How likely is it that a patch is released on a saturday or sunday? Want to start a new save :(

I don’t want to work on weekends, especially Sunday. So the same applying to SEGA and SI workers. You can wait for Monday. Respect people personal time and rest, please. 

On 17/02/2022 at 16:51, fc.cadoni said:

This is terrible bad idea for SEGA and economic model. Why someone can subscribe when have the option to do this for free? Game costs around 35€ and to stay in-line with that price has to be 2.9€ per month subscribe. Has to ban Pre-Game editor (no available option to buy), has to ban In-Game Editor and I can't imagine the deals for licenses what will be happen. If SEGA (it's not SI) turns to subscribe model has to increase the 2.9€ per month which has the effect that game will end up to cost more than 35€. No thank you!

If they would impliment a subscription model and you have to pay monthly or pay for the whole year in one payment, you could still have in game editor or pre game editor because if you dont pay, you dont play.

Would be so much better imo, they could push updates regurlarly. Licence agreement would still work if you mean by adding new league or team kits. They work in save games. 

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

The ME is dire this year. It's so boring. Every game plays the same, same goals scored, each player is robotic in their actions regardless of their ability and attributes with zero personality. What I mean by this is any player in CM (A) acts and plays the same etc. A player with high flair and ppms playing the same as someone without. It's so hard to see any difference in class. No uniqueness.

Theres just no buzz to the matches which should be the part you look forward to the most. I find myself begging to see a brawl or players squaring up (which I know stupidly isn't permitted to happen even if a team was full of newgens which beggars belief) just to get some ooomph and passion into the engine.

I don't see DMs with 20 aggression, bravery and ppms of dives into tackles actually diving into tackles or being combative and winning the balls with niggly tackles. 

I don't see my CBs with 3 passing and 4 composure giving the ball away, instead I watch them play like pique and puyol...

I don't see any solo goals. I don't see skilled dribblers going on marauding or jinxing runs. If I do it's a straight line run to a corner and then cutting back to pass to the full back. No direct running, no change of direction and no actually taking people on.

I don't see ball carriers bursting through the centre and then putting through balls on for strikers and IFs cutting in on the defenders shoulders... The only through balls I see are from the team knocking it around in 6 yards of space on the edge of the box and a player hanging on the shoulder...

So tired of seeing 95% of non league sides gegenpress and tika taka rather than actually doing what a large proportion do in real life and hoof it. There just seems to be no variety in teams, identity or player personalities.

Constant crosses being delayed then finally being put in behind strikers who then run backwards and lightly head it into the air at 1moh rather than a ball being whipped in front of them to attack.... I think the last diving header I saw or a player sliding in attacking a ball was on FM 13.

I absolutely disagree with this in the strongest terms and pretty much disagree with every single point you've made.

I've played FM / CM since 2001 & this is by far the best match engine. Sports Interactive have done a great job since covid to bring out a high quality game that has improved and have improved the match engine an huge amount from FM20. The tactics you the human player can create are as realistic as they have ever been and you can play football you simply could never have done previously. 

There is an issue with AI managers having their teams retain the ball too easily but you can easily out manoeuvre them if you choose to try hard enough at it.

Open debate is essential for society ( and this forum ) but I can't help but completely disagree with almost every single part of your post which makes it hard to know where to start.

- 95% of non league teams? Ah the old pick a figure out of the air and just make it up to make a point!

- Gegenpress comes under one of the 3 phases of football ( In possession, out possession, transition. This is if you leave out set pieces ). Gegenpress means counter pressing in English so are the lower league teams you watch in your FM save just standing there with the ball, getting it taken off them and then "gegenpressing" for a few seconds then stopping because they only do transition?

Come on in future please if you're going to criticise the game please do so constructively and make this forum a better place and Football Manager a better game. None of your post did anything to help either of those.

Edited by Chiellini Con Carne

4 hours ago, kertiek said:

does anyone has any footage of guardiola complaining that his team got fmed by kane and tottenham??

"ThIS GaMe Is SCriPTeD" ... no, git gud and stop whining about it

2.3 xg (0.7 of which was a pen) vs 1.7 is hardly the fm games that people complain about. You thought you did something though 

On 20/02/2022 at 03:33, _mxrky said:

2.3 xg (0.7 of which was a pen) vs 1.7 is hardly the fm games that people complain about. You thought you did something though 

NOt sure if that's what he meant, that isolated game. Spurs did this to Pep a couple seasons in a row now -- with a couple more interesting stats to boot (IIRC there was even a Cup tie in between two seasons ago, not sure). And I'd haphazard the guess that Pep is not that  kind of manager who gawks at a couple of numbers and concludes: "Everything must have been going fine".  :D 

Manchester City 2 - 3 Tottenham (February 19 2022) | EPL | 2021/2022 | xG | Understat.com
Tottenham 1 - 0 Manchester City (August 15 2021) | EPL | 2021/2022 | xG | Understat.com
Tottenham 2 - 0 Manchester City (November 21 2020) | EPL | 2020/2021 | xG | Understat.com
Tottenham 2 - 0 Manchester City (February 02 2020) | EPL | 2019/2020 | xG | Understat.com
Manchester City 2 - 2 Tottenham (August 17 2019) | EPL | 2019/2020 | xG | Understat.com

Unsure about the current patch iteration, not played much since Nov (and then mostly Pathfinder WOTR). But in actual football, there is copious evidence beyond merely xG stats that good and bad fortunes only ever even out in the long run, which a single season of 30-40 matches is anything but. Analysis sites thus on occasion run articles how football decisions are often this short-sighted and more similar to somebody "investing" in the stock market, and then selling immediately by the first crash, whereas pro advice suggests the following.

In football this is naturally aided by public and media perception putting football's decision makers under additional pressure to finally do something. Plublic perception has it that by and large teams would end up in the table more or less exactly where they "deserved". That is, results would be an accurate reflection of performance and the table in particular by the end of each season would be a just ranking of teams (which bookies being delivered far better rankings by companies such as SmartOdds delightfully exploit). Even by simple and flawed purely xG data -- teams by the end of a season oft under and overperform that by a dozen points or more plus. I have a feeling that Brentford (run by Benham of SmartOdds) extended Frank's contract more recently despite the exceptionally poor run of results, as they realize all of this. (Brentford are currently the biggest xPoints underpeformer in the EPL, as Brighton were last season. Would be interesting what their own infamous and oft refered to "Table Of Justice" looks like. Given Frank's extended contract, it appears somewhat similar).

One of the questions for any dev of football simulations is whether they at all want to have this in the game, as obviously it's frustrating players as much as all those guys on X-Com raging about how they could miss 95% chances to hit their enemies in a row (which actually, has a huge chance of happening in succesion given the many attacks in an X-Com setting and the thousands playing the game). IIRC the X-Com guys at least at lower difficulties actually internally fiddle with those numbers so that this is less likely to happen, e.g upon a miss, the chance internally goes up, even though the 95% is still displayed. 

Edited by Svenc

On 19/02/2022 at 04:02, JulienEstevesPires said:

Do you know when the Winter update comes out?

No one can answer apart from SI. Generic answer but the truth

Usually after the major European transfer windows all shut (end of Feb-ish).  

I have seen in the past people claim it is when all windows shut, but that isnt true as South America has a while left iirc

3 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

No one can answer apart from SI. Generic answer but the truth

Usually after the major European transfer windows all shut (end of Feb-ish).  

I have seen in the past people claim it is when all windows shut, but that isnt true as South America has a while left iirc

Am sure miles released a tweet with update being out around this date last year ?

4 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Am sure miles released a tweet with update being out around this date last year ?

Update 1 was released on 22nd Feb last year, on a Monday i think. Update 2 was between 13 or 14 March

I seem to have lost the ability to drag players on to the match day team selection screen. Has anyone experienced this?

I thought maybe it was my mouse but done some online drag testing websites and all works fine, although scrolling Chrome not ideal sometimes stops halfway.

Anyone know if this is (or can be) an FM issue, or whether I need a new mouse.

1 hour ago, Theodore Twombly said:

I seem to have lost the ability to drag players on to the match day team selection screen. Has anyone experienced this?

I thought maybe it was my mouse but done some online drag testing websites and all works fine, although scrolling Chrome not ideal sometimes stops halfway.

Anyone know if this is (or can be) an FM issue, or whether I need a new mouse.

False alarm - it seems to have been fixed by a 3rd reboot of FM (but categorically not the first two attempts)

On 20/02/2022 at 13:09, Chiellini Con Carne said:

I absolutely disagree with this in the strongest terms and pretty much disagree with every single point you've made.

I've played FM / CM since 2001 & this is by far the best match engine. Sports Interactive have done a great job since covid to bring out a high quality game that has improved and have improved the match engine an huge amount from FM20. The tactics you the human player can create are as realistic as they have ever been and you can play football you simply could never have done previously. 

There is an issue with AI managers having their teams retain the ball too easily but you can easily out manoeuvre them if you choose to try hard enough at it.

Open debate is essential for society ( and this forum ) but I can't help but completely disagree with almost every single part of your post which makes it hard to know where to start.

- 95% of non league teams? Ah the old pick a figure out of the air and just make it up to make a point!

- Gegenpress comes under one of the 3 phases of football ( In possession, out possession, transition. This is if you leave out set pieces ). Gegenpress means counter pressing in English so are the lower league teams you watch in your FM save just standing there with the ball, getting it taken off them and then "gegenpressing" for a few seconds then stopping because they only do transition?

Come on in future please if you're going to criticise the game please do so constructively and make this forum a better place and Football Manager a better game. None of your post did anything to help either of those.

He makes some valid points, but yes, posting constructively would be beneficial 

Edited by Preveza

Just had the 'player wants to talk to you about new contract' but when you accept, says 'no everything's fine' - what's that all about? Just attention seeking.  It's a completely pointless dialogue - please get rid of it.

Still I guess it's better than being thrown into the actual contract discussion dialogue that's been designed to sadistically force you into either making promises you don't want to make or start a dressing room upset sequence.

Player interactions are the worst aspect of the game.

13 minutes ago, bahmet said:
  Hide contents

hywRTni.png

Does this mean we can see the update tomorrow?

What am I supposed to be seeing here? Btw people have previously posted things from that site before but no update was released.

Last years update was on the 22nd February though so if that's anything to go by then it should be very soon.

5 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Nobody knows when the next update will be released but SI. Don’t see the point of constant speculating because it won’t make a difference. It’ll be ready when it’s ready. 

People get excited waiting for it, or are waiting to start a new save when its released thats why

10 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Nobody knows when the next update will be released but SI. Don’t see the point of constant speculating because it won’t make a difference. It’ll be ready when it’s ready. 

People shouldn't really post about anything then

8 минут назад, Platinum сказал:

What am I supposed to be seeing here? Btw people have previously posted things from that site before but no update was released.

"release-test" appears before the patch is released. 

On 19/02/2022 at 23:01, kertiek said:

does anyone has any footage of guardiola complaining that his team got fmed by kane and tottenham??

"ThIS GaMe Is SCriPTeD" ... no, git gud and stop whining about it

Does anyone has any footage of Barcelonas dressing room going crazy because of Messi left? 

Does anyone has any footage of Barcelonas dressing room because Dembele was unhappy? 

Do anyone has any footage of Dembele being Umotivated/unintressted during matches because he is unhappy? 

Does anyone has any footage of Real Madrid dressing room losing it when Ramos left? 

Does anyone has any footage of Frankfurt dressing room of selling Fabio Blanco? 

Do You have any footage of match where you get woodwork 7-8 times? 

17 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

Do anyone has any footage of Dembele being Umotivated/unintressted during matches because he is unhappy? 

I'm sorry, but have you seen Dembele play for Barcelona?

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm sorry, but have you seen Dembele play for Barcelona?

Yes, (Under Xavi, When his contract saga started) last 3 matches when he is fully fit, he was even applauded by crowd, he was good against Valencia too, Barcelona played much better against Napoli when he came on. Almost our best player 2-3 loss against Madrid.