*Official* Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition & Touch Feedback Thread

Football Manager 2022 is Out Now!

For those of you new to the forums, this is the thread to raise your feedback, thoughts and have some general game discussion about the latest FM Xbox Edition & FM Touch. Remember even if we don't reply to every post (and I can assure you we won't be able to) we are reading and we are listening.

What this thread isn't for is Bugs, so if you happen to encounter any, we'd very much appreciate you raising it in our brand new shiny Bug Tracker. Also please take the time to read our Bug Tracker FAQ to get an idea on how and why it's different.

If you have any technical issues or crashes check out our Technical FAQ (Xbox), (Switch) - more often than not that's where you'll find your answer. You can also log a ticket directly with our ticketed support team

Now for the ground rules. Read these and play nice!

• Constructive feedback is helpful. Constructive doesn't necessarily mean positive, but at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to always agree but read other's posts and respect their position.

Now the wait is over - please go and enjoy this amazing game and get stuck into your saves!

First impressions.

:thup:

+ Very similar to Touch. Almost identical.

+ This year edition includes unlockables and dlcs. In my case, the Attribute masking is ESSENTIAL.

+ New features announced from the normal version (Data center, match engine, new role, market closing day ...)

+ Cross save in the cloud. I stop playing on the PC and can immediately continue on the TV in the living room with the console, on the mobile phone or on the tablet (in the latter without the graphics, yes ...)

+ Graphics added without any problem (kits, faces, trophies, logos ...)

:thdn:

- Nations limitation. In Series X / S it is 10, which is not bad, but used to not having any limitation in Touch ...

- Only small or medium database, there is no big. :seagull:

- Skin... IMO worse than others editions and it doesn't show the stadium's pics. Why not various skins like in past editions (dark, light, retro)?

My only issue is with the offers. The right stick to change is a nice touch, or would be, but it only goes up or down by the same amounts as the drop down.

Sure this is not an issue if your club has loads or money, but for the other 99% of clubs it is.

An example was that I started a save as qpr. Got an offer for one of my players, 59k plus 19k after 20 games. Went to negotiate could only, either with the drop down or right stick, move the offer up to 60k or 100k as the next two choices up or for the fee after 20 games move down to 1k or up to 500k.

May seem like a tiny thing but doesn't feel like it.

I didn’t like it.

the older version was just fine, this one is so messy. 

This was supposed to be a controller-friendly version, but I find it quite the opposite. 

There are nice things like the Data Hub and the new 3D engine, but the interface is terrible.

I simply couldn’t adjust it to my screen, the buttons just don’t work. 

Awful. 

Edited by Fabio Araujo

33 minutos atrás, Andyog22 disse:

My only issue is with the offers. The right stick to change is a nice touch, or would be, but it only goes up or down by the same amounts as the drop down.

Sure this is not an issue if your club has loads or money, but for the other 99% of clubs it is.

An example was that I started a save as qpr. Got an offer for one of my players, 59k plus 19k after 20 games. Went to negotiate could only, either with the drop down or right stick, move the offer up to 60k or 100k as the next two choices up or for the fee after 20 games move down to 1k or up to 500k.

May seem like a tiny thing but doesn't feel like it.

I totally agree. That’s terrible. As I said, this was meant to be a controller-friendly version, but everything that was easily done on the old version seems to be much harder now, and it makes no sense. 

Hmmm,, not so sure about this version of Football manager. It seems like it looks a little bit "uglier" then FM2021.
I was also hoping a bit more for more leagues than 10 selectable. Or a bigger database. Because i cant imagine that the xbox x series couldn't handle a bigger database of more competitions.
And i cant find my B-team. I can see the B teams on all computer controlled teams, but not on mine. While i know for sure there is a B teams, because i do get updates from it when they have played a match. So.. How do i find my B squad? I can acces them when they've played a match. But there must be another more simple way to acces them, right?

I loved the touch version of the game. I put almost 4000 hours in total into the touch versions on PC. Every year I bought the full version of the game on Steam, and I got the Touch version for free on launch date. Now I had to buy it from windows store. I don't mind the price at all, I love the game. But this version is ****. Can't import tactics, views, shortlist. Can't move any of my saves. Last year my save folder was 43 GB, now I have 250mb space on cloud storage. Are you kidding? Why make it a worse game, comparad to the last year version? Try import a 500 player shortlist one by one. Play the Xbox version for the fast gameplay, than spend 1,5 hour to set up a shortlist. 

I paid full price for a worse game, and I can't costumise anything. And the best part is, that I can't even go back to FM21 Touch because, you made it immposible to update the database. I loved and played the FM series for years because I always had the chanse to play the way I wanted. From now this is all gone.

It's mostly great but a massive issue for me are the transfer and contract negotiations where you can't pick an exact fee, it was something that you could do in fm21, I don't understand the decision to remove it. Imo it's much worse, you can't really choose how much you want to buy or sell a player, it's much more limited

6 minutes ago, LFP_PT said:

It's mostly great but a massive issue for me are the transfer and contract negotiations where you can't pick an exact fee, it was something that you could do in fm21, I don't understand the decision to remove it. Imo it's much worse, you can't really choose how much you want to buy or sell a player, it's much more limited

Are you using the focus navigation or have you switched to use the mouse emulation?

With the focus navigation you should be able to nudge through each increment with the right stick.

1 minute ago, Chris Rice said:

Are you using the focus navigation or have you switched to use the mouse emulation?

With the focus navigation you should be able to nudge through each increment with the right stick.

Ah so it's just the mouse that doesn't have it, you can still choose an exact fee on the focus navigation I presume then

Just now, LFP_PT said:

Ah so it's just the mouse that doesn't have it, you can still choose an exact fee on the focus navigation I presume then

Yes, it should work with focus navigation. We are looking into the issues with this widget on mouse emulation.

hace 15 horas, Loren1983 dijo:

Hi @Desmond Richardson

Question: Why is the option to "enable modifications" not available in the XBOX version of PC?

awrbKSv.jpg

In fm22 it is available but not in XBOX Edition...

It reminds me of Touch, you make everything more difficult for Touch / Xbox Edition ... :(

Hi @Chris Rice.

Any possibility to include this option in xbox edition (PC)? (pleeeeease)

Edited by Loren1983

Soo.. been playing FM since it was CM. I want to play FM TOUCH, not possible anymore. 

So i have an IMAC , i bought Windows 10 , i bought Parallels so that i can run windows on my iMac then i bought FM through the microsoft store ( xbox website ) i guess. But When i want to install this it says :

Install this content with the Xbox app

Discover and download new games with Xbox Game Pass, see what your friends are playing and chat with them across PC, mobile, and Xbox console.

So i just bought the game and then i need to pay for a gamepass subscribtion every month to play? What am i missing here? 

Hope somebody knows! 

Good evening all

Like many of you ive been eagerly awaiting this years iteration of Football Manager 2022. Due to family and work commitments I am not able to put in the hours this game needs and so I decided this year that being as they ditched FM touch on iPad I would give it a go on the switch.

Ive purchased it this morning via the Nintendo Eshop and managed to have a couple of hours on it and in that short a time it has given me enough reason to say that this is probably the WORST football management sim game I have ever played. - i mean it’s terrible… HORRID.

The design of the game is shocking and hasn’t altered much from touch 21 on tablet. The controls are hard to get used to though I appreciate that there are a lot of different clicks needed.

the match engine is pathetic, and looks awful. It looked miles better on tablet. It even feels jerky, it’s just not smooth game play. For me it’s really a poor effort for a switch title.

What disappoints me even more is I tried to get a refund and unfortunately Nintendo don’t offer refunds on games that are purchased mistakenly or arent enjoyable. - unfortunately this game ticks both Boxes. SI should refund me themselves.

Dont waste your money people. Don’t make the same mistake i did…

13 minutes ago, DLOD said:

Soo.. been playing FM since it was CM. I want to play FM TOUCH, not possible anymore. 

So i have an IMAC , i bought Windows 10 , i bought Parallels so that i can run windows on my iMac then i bought FM through the microsoft store ( xbox website ) i guess. But When i want to install this it says :

Discover and download new games with Xbox Game Pass, see what your friends are playing and chat with them across PC, mobile, and Xbox console.

So i just bought the game and then i need to pay for a gamepass subscribtion every month to play? What am i missing here? 

Hope somebody knows! 

Only if you want to pay via Xbox itself or streaming I believe, If just for computer, Zero subscription required I believe 

Posted a separate thread already but just so it's in here -

Reputation system has taken a big step backwards. We are now not allowed to set our starting reputation, with the game defaulting us to 2.5 stars no matter whether we start with a Premier league team, a league 2 team or even unemployed. 

This ruins journeyman saves for a lot of people as it makes high level jobs attainable from the start. This takes a way the immersion of being able to work your way up the ladder.

This feels like it was needlessly removed, perhaps even an oversite and is certainly a big step backwards for me.

14 hours ago, DLOD said:

Hope somebody knows! 

if you out right bought the game then you don't need a subscription. i don't know about mac but i can just launch the game from the start menu without having to download the xbox app but you're required to be signed in to the account that you bought the game with in the microsoft store app. 

btw there are 2 different FMs in the microsoft store, the full fat & and the xbox edition. double check if you bought the correct version or maybe you're trying to download the one that you dont have. 

When you click on a player, can we have it so LB/RB can cycle through players? If I’m searching for a striker and click on his stats I’d like to quickly go from one to the other without having to go back, highlight the next and click, same again and same again. It’s pretty tiresome and thought it would have been fixed this fm.

Not being able to do specific numbers is annoying too. 

biggest feedback is why is it 30 season cap? On the series X it runs fine at 30 seasons, just keep it running. 

• SI Staff
On 09/11/2021 at 00:05, Loren1983 said:

Question: Why is the option to "enable modifications" not available in the XBOX version of PC?

Because Xbox Edition is an Xbox Play Anywhere title (meaning your data, saves etc. are automatically available on any Xbox or on Windows 10/11 as long as you're logged into the same account), it has to use Microsoft's cloud saving system rather than saving locally, so there is no way to access the file system to add custom graphics.

21 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Restricted to 256mb of save space (that's barely 2 save games with auto save on)

It should be higher than this - we're trying to resolve it as soon as we can.

hace 18 minutos, Alex Pitt dijo:

Because Xbox Edition is an Xbox Play Anywhere title (meaning your data, saves etc. are automatically available on any Xbox or on Windows 10/11 as long as you're logged into the same account), it has to use Microsoft's cloud saving system rather than saving locally, so there is no way to access the file system to add custom graphics.

Thanks for the reply Alex.
It's a shame for those of us who especially play the xbox version on PC... 

As a former FM Touch player who played on PC, for 752 hours according to Steam, I can honestly say that the FM22 Xbox version runs almost identically to FM21 Touch PC version.

The only difference is that I can't get the store to work (this is likely related to my xbox games pass account and windows store account being linked to different email addresses), but that doesn't really bother me as I never paid for anything in the store previously and wasn't massively into the unlockables.

It is possible to get club badges for the PC version of FM22 Xbox, which was a big concern of mine before hand but was easy to sort out.

I'm fortunate in that my mine save in FM21 Touch was only 23 years in total and I'll be very surprised if I reach the 30 year deadline in this Xbox version given I manage every match. I also don't tend to load more than 10 leagues either, with my usual set up being England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Holland, Belgium.

As a result this version perfectly meets my needs for this year. I just hope that SI keep offering this streamlined version for PC in some form, as I just can't get into the full fat version that just plods along at a snails pace.

Edited by 17Gonzo

As an fm touch player for 5 years, I appreciate your effort to protect it. The xbox version is very similar to touch version. They are nearly same. However, there are some differences that are very important for me. As a player who likes to control different teams at the same time, I could not do it in this version. This is my main reason that i would continue to play on fm 21 touch. Moreover, I want to load more than 10 countries. I am playing in computer and i know that my computer could run it without a problem because it could run it in previous games :). I believe that by disabling playing crossplay, it is technically possible to play with more than 10 countries with a huge database.  Also I believe that it is possible to disable 30 year deadline. C'mon, you could finish a season in one or two days. 30 year deadline is very short especially in this fast version. I hope that developer team hear our voices and making the necessary updates for this fast version of game at least for pc platform. 

Thanks for your attention. 

On 10/11/2021 at 20:10, Alex Pitt said:

I've added custom graphics via 'C:\Users\****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\graphics'

Same logo packs etc as used with the full fat game.

On 10/11/2021 at 20:10, Alex Pitt said:

7 hours ago, RICO said:

I've added custom graphics via 'C:\Users\****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\graphics'

Same logo packs etc as used with the full fat game.

Hi guys, apologies if this isn't the right place, I can't seem to find how to make a new scouting assignment. I assumed it would be here, but there is no way to make a new one unless I am missing something obvious?  I also went into the staff pages to see if I could give someone a new assignment but can't find anything there either. I want to get one or more scouts to specifically look for a DM or a striker or whatever, is this possible? Cheers image.thumb.png.7119634e8fbffa1c82b0fb9036ec0e4d.png

1 hour ago, fistoffury said:

Hi guys, apologies if this isn't the right place, I can't seem to find how to make a new scouting assignment. I assumed it would be here, but there is no way to make a new one unless I am missing something obvious?  I also went into the staff pages to see if I could give someone a new assignment but can't find anything there either. I want to get one or more scouts to specifically look for a DM or a striker or whatever, is this possible? Cheers 

You already have your scouting assignments set up. If you click the Head Coach tab on the left hand side, you will be able to edit the ones you currently have available to suit your needs.

4 hours ago, mackapakka said:

Bought it on pc Microsoft store, plays fine on pc went to x box try it there it’s asking me to buy the game again. Can I not buy on pc then still play it on Xbox ? 

You should be able to play it across both. Can you please check your accounts are linked? There is some helpful info from Microsoft's side.

Playing on xbox gamepass - I purchased a Board Override consumable from the store to upgrade my facilities. I applied it to my game via my wallet, made my board request, it was rejected and it then disappears from my store wallet... this has now happened twice! My team has enough money in the bank to do the upgrades - so that can't be the issue. Is anyone else having these issues? I'm not sure what to do as I've now wasted money - I know £2 isn't much but it's more the principal that I'm being sold something that doesn't work..

5 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

You already have your scouting assignments set up. If you click the Head Coach tab on the left hand side, you will be able to edit the ones you currently have available to suit your needs.

I figured there are 9 slots onscreen and only 5 assignments filled so I thought I'd be able to add up to 4 more

Something that I'm keeping an eye on is player fitness levels. I was slightly surprised that 4 of my players said they needed resting before a 12:30 kick off Saturday match that followed on from a Wednesday night Champions Cup match. Whilst I had both counter and counter-press enabled in the midweek match the tactic was on standard for trigger press and standard tempo with an intensity bar of approximately 60%. Will see what happens after my next few Champions Cup matches.

I have a question regarding Football Manager 22 Xbox edition and Touch. It appears Xbox edition can still be played on PC, and that would be the preferable option for me. In previous years of Touch, with Steam, there was DLC we could pay for or unlock. A big reason I preferred Touch over regular Football Manager was because of the 'Design your own son' feature. It didn't cost that much and I always found it worth it to have a little career following the guy around. Since this edition is not with steam (xbox and/or touch i mean) we will still have the option for this DLC, does it automatically come with the game, or is it gone? This is something I really want to know before potentially buying the game and when deciding which version of the game to buy. My other question is regarding downloading team kits, logos, player logos, etc. I've noticed in the past the majority of teams and players are missing these, and are replaced with generic kits and logos. This was easily worked around by downloading fan made logos, kits, and faces from websites like sortitoutsi, and applying them into the appropriate areas inside your Sports Interactive folder. Would this still be the same when playing FM 22 Xbox edition on PC, and what about Touch on Switch? These are my main questions I really want to know. I'm a huge FM fan, but have always preferred the simpler Touch version for that DLC (most importantly 'Design your own son'), and of course like most fans prefer the ability to add the missing kits and logos of teams, and faces of players.

Massive downgrade from last year in my opinion and these are the main points

1.can’t make an exact bid for any player which makes managing in lower leagues impossible

2. Taken a lot of the manager profile things out such as selecting your city of birth and your favourite team which was great part which made football manager unique and I feel without features like this the world in the game feels lifeless.

3.the pink interface instead of he usual green is just ugly and was no need to change it

4.some kits not updated from last year such as liverpool away kit is still the blue from last season

All in all disappointing this year and these games seem to get worse year by year by taking out key and fun features to put in something no one asked for and don’t really make much difference such as the data hub pretty annoying forking out 30 quid to have to go back and play the old one after 3 days.

This question I don't think necessarily relates to the Xbox and Touch editions, but FM 22 in general. I haven't played FM since 2018. I played that one for years and it's time for an upgrade for me as it's pretty outdated now. I played FM 18 Touch more than regular FM 18, which is why I'm using this forum. My question is regarding the World Cup expansion from 32 teams to 48 teams, starting in 2026. In FM 18, there is no jump from 32 to 48 teams. I'm assuming that has been implemented at some point since FM 18. I'm more curious about the world cup qualifying in the new games. In FM18 after the 2018 world cup, UEFA groups did go up from 9 groups to 10. What I thought was weird was that when choosing which 13 teams qualified for 32 team format it was the 10 group winners, and the 3 best 2nd place teams based on points. There was no playoff and that was pretty frustrating as that meant that 7 group runner ups did not have a chance to redeem themselves in any way to make it to the world cup. Right now (in real football), the 10 group winners advanced and there is a 12 team playoff, consisting of the 10 group runner ups and best 2 nations league group winners remaining, resulting in three 4-team playoff brackets to decide the 3 remaining bids. I'm assuming in the 48 team format from 2026 onward where UEFA has 16 bids, there will be six 2-team playoff match ups instead to decide the 6 remaining bids. Is this how it works in FM22? I know the qualifying format for CAF to decide their 9 bids has not been announced yet. How is that formatted in FM22? Ultimately, I'm wanting to know how Sports Interactive programmed World Cup qualifying in the 48 team format for 2026 onward in FM22. If anyone can give me these answers I'd greatly appreciate it.

41 minutes ago, Seamusmac720 said:

I have a question regarding Football Manager 22 Xbox edition and Touch. It appears Xbox edition can still be played on PC, and that would be the preferable option for me. In previous years of Touch, with Steam, there was DLC we could pay for or unlock. A big reason I preferred Touch over regular Football Manager was because of the 'Design your own son' feature. It didn't cost that much and I always found it worth it to have a little career following the guy around. Since this edition is not with steam (xbox and/or touch i mean) we will still have the option for this DLC, does it automatically come with the game, or is it gone? This is something I really want to know before potentially buying the game and when deciding which version of the game to buy. My other question is regarding downloading team kits, logos, player logos, etc. I've noticed in the past the majority of teams and players are missing these, and are replaced with generic kits and logos. This was easily worked around by downloading fan made logos, kits, and faces from websites like sortitoutsi, and applying them into the appropriate areas inside your Sports Interactive folder. Would this still be the same when playing FM 22 Xbox edition on PC, and what about Touch on Switch? These are my main questions I really want to know. I'm a huge FM fan, but have always preferred the simpler Touch version for that DLC (most importantly 'Design your own son'), and of course like most fans prefer the ability to add the missing kits and logos of teams, and faces of players.

Download of kits, logos, faces etc still works on pc. Create a graphics folder in documents, same as with non-Xbox versions.

If I plan on playing FM 22 Xbox edition on PC it appears I need to have the Xbox Game Pass. I don't have an Xbox, I'm just looking to play a Touch version of Football Manager 22 on PC. Could I get the Xbox Game Pass for 1 month using the $1 introductory subscription offer, and then get rid of it and still be able to play FM 22 Xbox edition on my PC offline afterwards, or will that not work?

Edit: I guess my question is whether I can play the Xbox edition without having to do anything revolving around Xbox to get it to play on PC. Like, can I just purchase that version of the game and play it on PC without needing an Xbox Game Pass subscription or Xbox console or anything like that?

Edited by Seamusmac720
Clarify my question