Where are views/filters/tactics stored?

Similar issue to

Essentially I've saved

- Filters

- Tactics

- Views

In the game. 

I noted that these initially (while I was playing) were stored in

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\Temporary\addons

Upon exiting the game, the "addons" folder was no longer present.

I note however, that there is a game folder here

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition

Which includes a "tactics" folder which automatically stored a "Defensive 4-4-2 Park the Bus.tac" file.

So where are

- Filters

- Tactics

- Views

- Graphics

Saved on the hard drive, so that they can be re-imported if needed?

Bonus: Can anything be imported from FM Touch 2021?

Playing

- FM 2022 XBox Edition (bought outright, i.e. not gamepass) v22.1

- Is linked to my Microsoft account / XBox Live

• Administrators

The load dialog on Xbox Edition uses the addons folder as you mention. Files are stored in the cloud and retrieved when you reload the game.

Hope that helps.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

The load dialog on Xbox Edition uses the addons folder as you mention. Files are stored in the cloud and retrieved when you reload the game.

Hope that helps.

Thanks @Lucas

Could you elaborate please? 

I'm from a technical background, and want to understand it more, especially as "cloud" can mean many different things.  In this case is it Microsoft's OneDrive, a service specific to XBox or something else?  Can I access this "cloud" storage via other means?

In terms of use cases

- I have several views, filters, shortlists, tactics, graphics files from FM 21 or other sources I'd like to import.  Where can I place my files, on my PC, so that FM 2022 XBox can find them?

- Occassionally I wish to play my game in an offline mode (e.g. if I had a laptop, and I am travelling).  How can I ensure my tactics, views, filters, graphics, shortlists are stored on my laptop for later use?

- I make use of several backup mechanisms (separate internal drives, external drives, other cloud storage).  How can I ensure my files are backed-up elsewhere?

I am in the same situation as you @celticfan. I found out some things, somebody can correct me if Im wrong.

For now, it seems that you can not got acces to your save files, views, shortlists, tactics. They are all stored in the cloud, and you can find them:

c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2022SeriesX_5w3tn6tb6stnm\SystemAppData\wgs\

but they are all locked, and coded. You can't import or export anything from here.

You can't play offline, because you need to sync to your xbox account, else your game wont start.

Last year my save folder was 43 GB, now I get 250MB storage in the cloud, and thats all. Last year I made 700 shortlist, now I have to make them one by one, player by player. Gonna be a fun time, loading 35000 players by hand. Now if i want to import a tactic or a view, I have to make it by hand, one instruciton after the other.

Last year I could upgrade the database with ddt files, while not adding extra leagues. Now I can't do that.

The only thing that you can add is the graphics folder. Just put it into the usual folder and it works.

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition

Edited by Solanke

1 minute ago, Solanke said:

I am in the same situation as you @celticfan. I found out some things, somebody can correct me if Im wrong.

For now, it seems that you can not got acces to your save files, views, shortlists, tactics. They are all stored in the cloud, and you can find them:
c:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\SportsInteractive.FootballManager2022SeriesX_5w3tn6tb6stnm\SystemAppData\wgs\
but they are all locked, and coded. You can't import or export anything from here.

You can't play offline, because you need to sync to your xbox account, else your game wont start.

Last year my save folder was 43 GB, now I get 250MB storage in the cloud, and thats all. Last year I made 700 shortlist, now I have to make them one by one, player by player. Gonna be a fun time, loading 35000 players by hand. Now if i want to import a tactic or a view, I have to make it by hand, one instruciton after the other.

Last year I could upgrade the database with ddt files, while not adding extra leagues. Now I can't do that.

nice user name - fellow afcb fan?

1 minute ago, B80 said:

nice user name - fellow afcb fan?

I am Chelsea fan, and when I created this account, he was the next big thing. :)) Sadly he didn't make it in blue. But I am glad that he is doing so good in the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, Solanke said:

I am Chelsea fan, and when I created this account, he was the next big thing. :)) Sadly he didn't make it in blue. But I am glad that he is doing so good in the Championship. 

Cool, makes sense. Without derailing the topic too much, he's one fans suspected would benefit from relegation and getting regular 1st team football in a decent team at a lower level for a couple of years. looks immense now, so confident.  Starting to realize his potential/pedigree.

Edited by B80

9 minutes ago, Solanke said:

Last year my save folder was 43 GB, now I get 250MB storage in the cloud, and thats all.

Do you have a source for the limit?

This would be very bad.....  I tend to do a 3 rolling file save and will break that limit over the course of the year on a single save.

6 minutes ago, celticfan said:

This would be very bad.....  I tend to do a 3 rolling file save and will break that limit over the course of the year on a single save.

If you try to load a save game, you will see that your cloud storage is 250MB. The game stores here all your saves, views, shortlist, tactics, filters. I read a suggestion(i dont know where), if your storage is full, than try to delete some saves. :)) 

And you don't have the choise neither to store your stuff in your computer, they save it to cloud no matter what.

I am so mad. 

And I cant go back to the 2021 Touch version, because they made it immposibble, to update the database. :)) 

Edited by Solanke

1 hour ago, celticfan said:

Just got the final answer from the sega support. There is no way around this, can't import anything. After 7 years, 10k hours they honour our devotion with this crap of a game. Its a very sad day.

Edited by Solanke

Hi -

Moved from FM Touch this year to play XBox Edition, thought I was unable to access my offline saved games, tactics etc as I purchased 'game pass' and could sort of understand it..

So stupidly bought the full version of XBox Edition only to find it exacty the same.

Why can you not Load, Import and Save offline copies of Saved Games and Tactics ?

Getting my money back....

Edited by firthy81
added import

• Administrators
10 hours ago, celticfan said:

I'm from a technical background, and want to understand it more, especially as "cloud" can mean many different things.  In this case is it Microsoft's OneDrive, a service specific to XBox or something else?  Can I access this "cloud" storage via other means?

The "cloud" storage are in temporary location while the game is located - to be specific, AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022

In terms of use cases

- I have several views, filters, shortlists, tactics, graphics files from FM 21 or other sources I'd like to import.  Where can I place my files, on my PC, so that FM 2022 XBox can find them?

- Occassionally I wish to play my game in an offline mode (e.g. if I had a laptop, and I am travelling).  How can I ensure my tactics, views, filters, graphics, shortlists are stored on my laptop for later use?

- I make use of several backup mechanisms (separate internal drives, external drives, other cloud storage).  How can I ensure my files are backed-up elsewhere?

As above. To be specific, you'd find them in the location above, see the addons folder, but these are only visible and on the physical drive while the game is running. 

They are stored permanently in the cloud, and downloaded / retrieved when you play. 

There isn't a recommended way of backing up user data files other than leaving them in the cloud. 

As I mentioned, the graphics files can placed and used in the Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022 folder

Hope that clarifies things a bit for you.

1 hour ago, firthy81 said:

Yes, you can not import tactics in XBox Edition

This is a shame! Many who will play this version, myself included, do so on the basis that it saves a lot of time. Importing pre-made tactics by the community is great time saver for us with busy lives and commitments to be able to play the game without spending countless hours tweaking tactics.

On 09/11/2021 at 22:03, Lucas said:

It's my understanding that's what Gamepass allows for, but I will pass on the feedback. 

Hi @Lucas

have you been able to obtain a response from Microsoft (or Sports Interactive) on the size limit?

Looking at it from the end user perspective, it means limiting one of, or a combination of, the following

• Number of nations loaded in a save
  • Length game (e.g. number of seasons played)
  • Number of save games retained
  • Use of rolling saves

While I underestand the size is likely set by Microsoft in terms of it's XBox Live service, it'd be interesting to know if SI must use the online storage for save games etc, or whether offline local storage could be used to/instead.

Edited by celticfan
Grammar correction

• Administrators

As stated I've passed on the feedback so at the moment its something we're investigating. 

I do understand that the size limit is frustrating should you reach it and apologies for any inconvenience. If I have more information I'll get back to you. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

As stated I've passed on the feedback so at the moment its something we're investigating. 

I do understand that the size limit is frustrating should you reach it and apologies for any inconvenience. If I have more information I'll get back to you. 

Thanks - much appreciated.

You would have thought that the people at SI would know how important the community is to this game's success and that creating and sharing tactics, shortlists, filters and views, etc. are a massive part of that. Unless things are changed then this Xbox version will be doomed to failure but they'll probably just shrug and say there was no market for it.

On 12/11/2021 at 14:51, Lucas said:

I noted Miles Jacobson tweeted to say the cloud storage limit had been increased to 1GB, with the help of XBox UK (Microsoft). 

So thank you @Lucas for raising the concern on the community's behalf.  I see a lot of talk about users being ignored, this would appear proof of the opposite and deserves recognition.  It's no mean feat to get Microsoft to change their constraints. 

Thanks @Lucas

Edited by celticfan