USA Lower League Support (USL-C, USL-1, NISA)

TheGhostyBear

17 hours ago, TheGhostyBear said:

Not sure where else to post this, but it would be super cool to see some support for the US lower leagues in the game. The USL and NISA have really been taking off recently, and I think there is a lot of interest in the leagues.

Just my two cents!

The HR for MLS/the US has been very vocal on Twitter about this being extremely important so that MLS can work in the US pyramid as it's supposed to. But it doesn't seem possible at this point, although the exact reason why is unclear.

18 hours ago, TheGhostyBear said:

Not sure where else to post this, but it would be super cool to see some support for the US lower leagues in the game. The USL and NISA have really been taking off recently, and I think there is a lot of interest in the leagues.

Just my two cents!

Completely agree. I have to wait for mods to come out if I want to play a US save. It's not playable otherwise.

1 hour ago, FootballHedgehog said:

The HR for MLS/the US has been very vocal on Twitter about this being extremely important so that MLS can work in the US pyramid as it's supposed to. But it doesn't seem possible at this point, although the exact reason why is unclear.

Honestly I was expecting at least MLS Next to be included in FM 22 as it features MLS academies and is actually controlled by MLS so licensing should not be an issue here. Hopefully this will be added to the offcial DB in the future, together with the announced MLS developmental league that will start in 2022.

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

Why exactly it's not playable?

I think a lot of folks (myself included) find it super hard to play as an MLS team without players properly developing on loans to lower league clubs + affiliates. There's also not really even an attempt to properly simulate the youth structure, which can be simulated accurately in a simplified manner like in other countries (u18 league, u23 league, reserve league).

Oh and the AI still cannot figure out how to build an MLS roster / do trades.

16 hours ago, TheGhostyBear said:

I think a lot of folks (myself included) find it super hard to play as an MLS team without players properly developing on loans to lower league clubs + affiliates. There's also not really even an attempt to properly simulate the youth structure, which can be simulated accurately in a simplified manner like in other countries (u18 league, u23 league, reserve league).

Oh and the AI still cannot figure out how to build an MLS roster / do trades.

I think it might be a financial issue for the USL leagues more than anything else. The USL probably wants more money than SI is willing to pay, if they're willing to pay at all. I 100% agree that I don't even bother to play in the US without a pyramid file completely redoing the US structure - makes it 100% easier as a player.

34 minutes ago, FootballHedgehog said:

I think it might be a financial issue for the USL leagues more than anything else. The USL probably wants more money than SI is willing to pay, if they're willing to pay at all. I 100% agree that I don't even bother to play in the US without a pyramid file completely redoing the US structure - makes it 100% easier as a player.

I can definitely understand that. I'd hope they'd at least make an attempt to include it in its current unlicensed form though? IE how they do all their other unlicensed leagues.

On 11/11/2021 at 04:50, TheGhostyBear said:

Just my two cents!

Yes! I know we shouldn't be focused solely on marketing, but that is a massive potential market overall (arguably more so than the MLS alone). And there could even be a feature where a random USL team becomes a franchise and gets added to the MLS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us on leagues that would be a good addition. There are of course a number of considerations that go into play with adding new leagues to the game but threads like this do help us understand the interest that is out there. It is something that we may not do moving forward, or may be something that does happen in the future of the FM series.