Deadline day is only in 6 leagues, because they get the most media coverage,is it possibly to change that ? is it dynamic or hardcoded

7 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Wait. A Deadline day, a headline feature is only possible for selected leagues........?

Not sure if it's just 6 leagues, but it's only in leagues where it was deemed that deadline day gets the IRL hype and transfer activity to match the feature.

41 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Not sure if it's just 6 leagues, but it's only in leagues where it was deemed that deadline day gets the IRL hype and transfer activity to match the feature.

Doing a build a nation with  sweden i really hope i get deadline day if i improve the nation to a top 5 or something. I was woundering for 2 season why am i not getting a deadline day it was there last year on FM.

Edited by Jonathanskilz
eyo

Yes, the big feature of FM22 is only in 6 leagues.

And calling other leagues "not deemed the deadline day" is just garbage non-sense. What makes a league "deemed a deadline day"?! Deadline day is a thing no matter the country. Every country is the same, last day of transfer window means the same, urgency to buy, to sell, so different deals to make.

1 minute ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

And calling other leagues "not deemed the deadline day" is just garbage non-sense. What makes a league "deemed a deadline day"?! Deadline day is a thing no matter the country. Every country is the same, last day of transfer window means the same, urgency to buy, to sell, so different deals to make.

Are you referring to my post? If you are - it's not what I said at all.

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Are you referring to my post? If you are - it's not what I said at all.

What deems the hype for the league, reputation? Is it dynamic?

Still a bit sad about this if there wont be any deadline day feature if doing journeyman for example.

2 hours ago, saihtam said:

What deems the hype for the league, reputation? Is it dynamic?

Still a bit sad about this if there wont be any deadline day feature if doing journeyman for example.

Even sadder that the old style deadline day has just vanished from those leagues, you get nothing now unless you're in one of the 'special' leagues. As much as I like the new way they've implemented deadline day, restricting it to certain leagues whilst taking away the feature altogether in other leagues isn't good. 

Of course, Miles says SI 'never' take a feature away once it's in the game...

Deadline day not being available in all leagues is such a laughable decision. A headline feature not present in most leagues doesn't seem like good marketing. And that certainly isn't fair to anyone playing in the other leagues.

Every league has a deadline day. Every transfer window has to close sometime and I'm pretty sure there are always players and agents trying to make a move happen on the last day. The amount of deadline day transfers does vary across leagues, of course, but I'm pretty sure that there's always some activity.

It would've been probably better to just have deadline day in all leagues and then make the amount of offers clubs in various leagues receive vary depending on real-life transfer activity in those leagues.

every league with a transfer window does have a deadline day. I’m confused. What’s missing is the presentation. Not sure every obscure league needs that. Most players in obscure leagues don’t even have agents…

This reminds me of the TV presentation feature where people wanted that overlay for every game. Doesn’t make sense.

You can activate the deadline day experience with the pre-game editor, in advanced rules -> transfers -> the specific options for every transfer window.

It's not ideal. I don't even know why FM would make a feature highlight only available to a few leagues with the default game (a good one, I may add, the new deadline experience is interesting), but that's the solution for now.

6 hours ago, Nahuelzn said:

You can activate the deadline day experience with the pre-game editor, in advanced rules -> transfers -> the specific options for every transfer window.

It's not ideal. I don't even know why FM would make a feature highlight only available to a few leagues with the default game (a good one, I may add, the new deadline experience is interesting), but that's the solution for now.

What a terrible decision when the average user wouldn't ever use the editor.

2 hours ago, Sundaytwist said:

What a terrible decision when the average user wouldn't ever use the editor.

Don’t disagree, but I’d wager the average user also generally tends to stick to the big leagues.

I’m still on my first save so I haven’t experienced a deadline day without the new overlay yet, but if there’s none of the extra stuff - particularly the agent offers - in smaller leagues than that’s disappointing and seems a bit unrealistic.

While every league in the world has a day where the deadline passes, not every league will have a "Deadline Day" in which everyone loses their minds over nothing at all.  In that sense I can see why they've done it this way.  Still, wouldn't have trumpeted something as a major addition if it was only going to be affecting select leagues.

I've noticed this thread is lacking any evidence to suggest this decision is unfair - is there anyone who could give us a comparison of coverage and activity on transfer deadline day in one of the "smaller" leagues compared to one of the "bigger" leagues?  Corroborating (and accurate) evidence might give the springboard for it being active in those leagues.

18 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I've noticed this thread is lacking any evidence to suggest this decision is unfair - is there anyone who could give us a comparison of coverage and activity on transfer deadline day in one of the "smaller" leagues compared to one of the "bigger" leagues?  Corroborating (and accurate) evidence might give the springboard for it being active in those leagues.

That's a fair shout, tbh. I think if someone has that evidence, it can be reported in the data issues section.

I can see why people would want the deadline day feature to be universal, but I actually like the idea that it only appears for the biggest leagues - it gives a point of difference to progressing through a save and is a change for when your journeyman save finally reaches the upper echelons of the game.  I suppose I like it for the same reason I like the fact the Bundesliga has it's own matchday presentation - it stops everything being too samey across levels of the game or different countries.

As others have suggested, I would hope that it is not totally fixed and will dynamically change availability based on changes to relative league strength within the game (important for long term saves).

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 11:27, rp1966 said:

I can see why people would want the deadline day feature to be universal, but I actually like the idea that it only appears for the biggest leagues - it gives a point of difference to progressing through a save and is a change for when your journeyman save finally reaches the upper echelons of the game.  I suppose I like it for the same reason I like the fact the Bundesliga has it's own matchday presentation - it stops everything being too samey across levels of the game or different countries.

As others have suggested, I would hope that it is not totally fixed and will dynamically change availability based on changes to relative league strength within the game (important for long term saves).

This is a good point, I'd like to see more done to make the game experience a lot different at lower levels

17 hours ago, DarJ said:

I have a question tho. If I improve Norway to be in the top 6 coeffiecient wise do I then get it or is it hard coded to be in those leagues alone?

I would have thought that if it can be turned on/off in the editor then it won't be dynamic as there would be no need to have a separate editor yes/no button - the game would just apply the feature in leagues above a certain reputation. I don't know for sure though.

• 1 month later...
On 04/12/2021 at 07:45, Junkhead said:

I would have thought that if it can be turned on/off in the editor then it won't be dynamic as there would be no need to have a separate editor yes/no button - the game would just apply the feature in leagues above a certain reputation. I don't know for sure though.

Yeah you can enable it in the editor but you should not be needed to do that if i take a nation from top 20 to a top 4 i should automaticly get the transfer deadline day maybi now a bit later in FM people know how it works now, maybi its the same situation with the dynamic regens feuture that is also a bit weird

• Jonathanskilz changed the title to Deadline day is only in 6 leagues, because they get the most media coverage,is it possibly to change that ? is it dynamic or hardcoded