Collapsed as a footballer

So I thought I had seen everything in the game but apparently not. I got this training report from Dembele and it is saying he has totally collapsed as a footballer over the last three months. Does anyone know if this is a result of his recent injury? Did I perhaps rush him back too fast or does it have to do with him training poorly. The report recommends to stop his training and switch him to "general rehab" so it sounds like a relapse in injury but he doesn't appear to be injured. Thanks everyone

dembele.JPG

Well, in some cases serious injuries can do this, but (young) players will have a good chance at regaining the lost, but the older the player... It's meant to show how serious injuries can ruin great talents in real life, and this is a good example of it.

Appears to be healthy doesn't mean his body is back to where it needs to be. Every time a player is injured, they need to do general rehab as soon as possible. It doesn't matter if it's a stubbed toe. If they have an orange injury, put them on rehab. If they have a red injury, wait till its orange, then put them on rehab. If they look entirely healthy but option is even there as a possibility for training, then put them on rehab. Doing so may restore some lost physical attributes, but more importantly than that there's a hidden attribute in the background in regards to their injury susceptibility. When a player becomes injured, they may very well become more susceptible to further injuries down the road. Rehab will help mitigate that issue. This is particularly important if you are using an intense tactic, with lots of hard pressing and/or extreme tempo, where injuries are far more common.

Edited by Prepper_Jack

3 month injury + 10 Natural fitness. With this level of Injury I'd leave on General rehab until it's no longer an option (Greys out after a few weeks dpending on injury). I'd play 20 mins, 45 mins x 2, 60 mins and 90 mins until "fit" in U23's or equivilant. Overall that'd be a 4-5 month injury until 1st team ready\regaining attributes. I'd only worry if it goes on longer than that, despite that being a drastic drop.

It's meant to simulate a long\major injury that has a major impact on a player. In FM21, I had a MC who had 2 x 6 month injuries (He was not injury prone at scouting, or on arrival\training), and the above is how I got him back. Don't Make him always available for the reserves and manually manage the time, he could recover. Like an injury would to us, it takes an annoyingly slow time to recover.

Dembele isn't the most dedicated of footballers, his professionalism and natural fitness aren't terrible but they're low enough that a setback like this can have a profound effect. It sort of means he's effectively a fair-weather player to an extent, if things go well in the game, the right kind of manager to support him and is lucky with injuries he's still got world class ability.

Here you're seeing the other side though, a bad injury and perhaps you treating him as you would other players in his return from injury has been problematic. 

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

Dembele isn't the most dedicated of footballers, his professionalism and natural fitness aren't terrible but they're low enough that a setback like this can have a profound effect. It sort of means he's effectively a fair-weather player to an extent, if things go well in the game, the right kind of manager to support him and is lucky with injuries he's still got world class ability.

Here you're seeing the other side though, a bad injury and perhaps you treating him as you would other players in his return from injury has been problematic. 

Yeah I have been criticizing him along with Umtiti. They both are averaging about a 5.8 in training. I guess the bright side is he is leaving in 4 months then he’s someone else’s problem.