Can't get into a save this year - please help

It depends, how do you usually play, and what are your preferences.

There are many challenges in the challenges sub forum of various degree of difficulty. Also, sharing the save with others can be fun and you can play along others in there.

Personally, I'm currently playing with Africanos Bragança in Portugal after holidaying a year and getting them promoted. This club produces Cape Verdean newgens, and I'm playing it without any transfers in at all. The long term goal is to win the CL with them only using Cape Verdean newgens, and after that I want to win the World Cup with Cape Verde. Not sure if it's possible, but that is something I'm working towards this year.

So while my choice might be a bit off the normal track for people, there are a lot of other types of things to do in there. Perhaps some of those can help you find something you think are interesting?

I was in the same boat.

In the end it was idly watching a Lollujo video while doing the washing up that sparked the game for me. Just set myself up as an unemployed manager with zero experience, zero coaching badges, forwarded to December in the first season and just started applying for jobs. 

Got the FC Halifax job and haven't looked back.

Always consider the other side.  You can't really force yourself to get back into something, it's possible that you've just hit a wall with it.  Just because you've enjoyed it in the past doesn't mean you're going to always enjoy it.  At the very least, take a break.  Maybe in a little while you'll take a notion and that'll be you back into it.

On 02/12/2021 at 11:23, forameuss said:

Always consider the other side.  You can't really force yourself to get back into something, it's possible that you've just hit a wall with it.  Just because you've enjoyed it in the past doesn't mean you're going to always enjoy it.  At the very least, take a break

I've had spells before where I don't play the game for months then one day I get bored and I turn up the game and go back to whatever save I was playing and it's all fine again 

I find myself in the same situation. I prefer to do a journeyman save but I can't seem to get into it.

I've considered managing a fallen giant but I find playing FM with the intention of managing one team doesn't make it feel real to me as I always approach FM like a career (no one manager stays at one team forever, or at least its rare to do so).  I'm not saying its wrong to play the game this way as everyone should play how they want to. It's just my view.

've started a new journeyman but this time I've selected my Lower League side rather than start unemployed.  I chose Dulwich Hamlet.  I will see how it goes this weekend and hopefully get sucked back into the game again.

Maybe try a season with Newcastle. In the beta at least you started with £200m in transfers which gives you a lot to play with and the board has very reasonable expectations so it's a soft start with a lot of freedom in the transfer market.

For me it's all about getting over the changes and adjusting to the interface which usually takes a few hours but once I'm there I don't even notice it.

Something I always like to do is take over pre-season fixtures and arrange 2-3 games against tiny teams where I can gub them 10-0. Enjoyable to watch and an easy way to inject positivity in your squad.

Best advice (Already given by forameuss) is to just take a break, make it from a week to maybe even months but I found it always works for me when I'm not enjoying the game.

Forcing yourself to play the game will make you enjoy it even less.