Opposition Instructions, are position instruction auto enabled?

In the opposition instruction menu, theres option for player or position.

In the position section, i have set some opposition instructions for each position.

Are these auto added for each game? or do i need to go to the player section before the match and enable (click the switch from green to blue) the position instructions before EVERY match?

Im hoping they are auto enabled, as having to toggle them on for every match is just plain annoying busy work.

1 hour ago, Siven said:

In the opposition instruction menu, theres option for player or position.

In the position section, i have set some opposition instructions for each position.

Are these auto added for each game? or do i need to go to the player section before the match and enable (click the switch from green to blue) the position instructions before EVERY match?

Im hoping they are auto enabled, as having to toggle them on for every match is just plain annoying busy work.

Yeah, they are auto enabled if you made them in the tactic window. 

AFAIK if you have set up general OIs they have to be activated before each match. To do this, after the team talk go to Tactics>>Opposition, highlight all of the opposition players and click on the column headed opposition instructions to turn them all on.

8 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

AFAIK if you have set up general OIs they have to be activated before each match. To do this, after the team talk go to Tactics>>Opposition, highlight all of the opposition players and click on the column headed opposition instructions to turn them all on.

Thats what i was afraid of.

Could do with a tick box to automate that tbh.

23 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I set my OIs up once and I never have to do it across an entire season. I've been showing people on my streams. It seems most people look at the OI screen and assume they aren't being set. The OI screen will show you two things
1: OIs set for general position regardless of who plays there
2. OIs set for a specific player regardless of position

By default 2 is shown first. If you want to see by position you need to choose that option. I always set mine by position. If there is a need to target a specific player I choose option 2.  A general OI by position does not need to be activated for EVERY game. Only player specific ones. 

835587203_OptionA.thumb.png.2e97cd860a72a0d3577713d569232bd5.png

This is the one that most people see, Top tab you have player and position. Choose position if you want to set OIs up for an entire season.

Option 2.png

But if you look at mouseover, theres that little icon you press, now you can see that even if I set it on the positions page, that specific position is now covered, regardless of who plays there.
Option3.thumb.png.b47630d08359b24cec8a777a488cc658.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 01:09, Rashidi said:

A general OI by position does not need to be activated for EVERY game. Only player specific ones. 

I don't think this is correct. Note that when you start a match and have applied OIs, you see them summarised as below. This only happens if pregame, you select a single or all players, and then change the OI instruction from specific player to players in this position.

20211227234430_1.thumb.jpg.4246b8603cc6478aecf61650e56881b3.jpg

If you only select position OIs on the tactic creation page, then don't apply those pregame, you don't see this in the prematch screen.

On 27/12/2021 at 23:46, Thalo said:

I don't think this is correct. Note that when you start a match and have applied OIs, you see them summarised as below. This only happens if pregame, you select a single or all players, and then change the OI instruction from specific player to players in this position.

20211227234430_1.thumb.jpg.4246b8603cc6478aecf61650e56881b3.jpg

If you only select position OIs on the tactic creation page, then don't apply those pregame, you don't see this in the prematch screen.

If you check the tactics page during the game you will find that I am right, unless you have the ass man in charge of OIs

1 minute ago, Rashidi said:

If you check the tactics page during the game you will find that I am right, unless you have the ass man in charge of OIs

During game I don't see any OIs in use unless I move all the players from the "individual player" to "all players in this position" OI. And that is setting my own OIs, not the Ass. Man.

If I set the OIs to "all players in this position" instructions pre game, it works, but during the game, and subs from the other team mean I need to go in and change the subs OI.

First of all, a happy new year for all the SI community and SI staff.

Also a big thank you for Rashidi for bringing light to this issue.

I have set my OIs for general position and if I press that little icon on the players opposition page, the OIs I have set are displayed as Rashidi explained.

My question is if do I have to click that icon for every match ? Because if I don't my AssMan starts giving advices about setting the OI for opposition players.

• 2 years later...