Scouting Confusion

I've asked my scouting team to scout Camavinga.  In the preview widget he is given a 'D only sign Camavinga as a last resort'.

When I go into the report, he is given a 'C+ would be a good signing' and in the squad comparison widget he is listed as number 2.  

This all seems contradictory, or am I reading this wrong?

2021-12-14 (2).png

2021-12-14 (3).png

The overall rating takes into account the analyst's judgment. These better ratings are only the scout ratings.

P.S. In my case, these analysts' reports are generally bugged and an wrong person is responsible for them.

Edited by henry80

2 hours ago, henry80 said:

This is not a bug. It's just that this overall report (in inbox) shows the average of 2 ratings - analyst and scout. Same as in the overview tab.

This was also the case in previous FM editions.

thanks, this makes sense. How do you request an analyst report? I can figure out how to get a scout report, but analyst isn't an option in the drop down?

13 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

thanks, this makes sense. How do you request an analyst report? I can figure out how to get a scout report, but analyst isn't an option in the drop down?

Player Profile > Reports > Analyst Report.

In scouting center, next to filter button has "Show" choose Analyst Team to see the ones from analyst team.

If you don't see the analyst button, then your analysts has been already created one. 

Edited by fc.cadoni

I noticed the wage demands are red. You wouldn't have happened to be over your wage budget at the time? It will take those kind of things into the assessment of things.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I noticed the wage demands are red. You wouldn't have happened to be over your wage budget at the time? It will take those kind of things into the assessment of things.

might be because that would be the highest wage at the club?

4 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Player Profile > Reports > Analyst Report.

In scouting center, next to filter button has "Show" choose Analyst Team to see the ones from analyst team.

If you don't see the analyst button, then your analysts has been already created one. 

thanks, can see that, but the scout report is 07/06/2023 and the analyst report is 14/03/2023, so almost 3 months apart.  I can request a new scout report, but can't request a new analyst report?

Analyst reports are pointless in my opinion. Ratings are the only thing that matters and how you want to use him.

Analyst report will give You the data in which the AI is playing the player.

Saw plenty of bizarre line up switching during games that make me think that analyst reports going to give You information including when the player is completely out of position.

Recently I saw a left back playing striker and finishing the game with 5.9 rating... You get the point.