Dynamic Youth Rating Slider

duesouth

Disclaimer - this isn't my idea - but I really like it, so am raising it to ensure it's viewed and considered.

It's clear that for many of us, Dynamic Youth Ratings aren't working as we hoped/anticipated - particularly for smaller nations (there seems to be an unresolved bug with this, but even if resolved it won't work as many of us expected)..

Given that some users want realism and no/very minor improvements to smaller nations - but others, as they increase performance in terms of the standard of the domestic league, club success in Europe - plus international success, believe they should see DYR improvement.

To keep both sides of the discussion happy, how about when you're setting up a save in the UI, there is a well-explained slider that impact how much the quality of a given nation or league can be impacted by performance; users who want to forego "realism" for a visible impact in their 20 year save can slam thee slider to one end of the scale. Users who want realism for a 200 year sim can leave it on default or make it less impactful. etc.

DYR is the only reason I purchased FM22 and given there is basically no impact for my San Marino Challenge save, I'm a little annoyed and believe this solution would be excellent.

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

It is a new feature and it's an iterative process. Some aspects haven't worked as expected among the community. The aim behind youth generation at present won't really reach a point for it to have sliders that allow different aspects to work in different ways. Thanks for the suggestion and we'll keep it in mind moving forward.