B Teams

Hi there

I have a question about the B Teams.

I am playing with Beleenses and my president wants to make a B Team squad. This team will start in lower divisions and therefore there are no matches available. I have for 2 years now always arranjed friendlies, so that my players can play some games so tt they stay a minmus of fitness.

When will this B Teams manage to go up into a playable ague, whre my pyers can have official matches in a season?

Thank you very much.

Yes, in theory at least. But it's based on a random draw with a bias towards high reputation teams. So since you have a new B team, and it will most likely have a very low reputation, and thus a very unlikely chance of going up into the playable tiers.

On 16/12/2021 at 10:54, XaW said:

Yes, in theory at least. But it's based on a random draw with a bias towards high reputation teams. So since you have a new B team, and it will most likely have a very low reputation, and thus a very unlikely chance of going up into the playable tiers.

Does this apply to U-19 teams as well?

18 minutes ago, SmoothKiminal said:

Does this apply to U-19 teams as well?

Only if U19 teams are in the league system normally, and I don't think that is usual. I said yes, because the OP asked about the Portuguese league and I know B teams play in the league system there, as opposed to England for example.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Only if U19 teams are in the league system normally, and I don't think that is usual. I said yes, because the OP asked about the Portuguese league and I know B teams play in the league system there, as opposed to England for example.

B teams do play in the Portuguese 2nd tier (can be relegated but not promoted), but I'm not sure if the game will do the same for created B teams as that requires structural changes in the leagues?

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

I see, thanks. Do you know how it would work for U-19s in Norway?

4 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

B teams do play in the Portuguese 2nd tier (can be relegated but not promoted), but I'm not sure if the game will do the same for created B teams as that requires structural changes in the leagues?

Well, when I played there I used a team that didn't have a B team, and when it got created the inbox message said it would compete in the Distral championships. Those are the inactive ones below the 4th tier, so based on that I would expect a possibility of getting a promotion to the 4th tier, but a very low probability due to the extremely low reputation (that will barely increase, I imagine). I'm not saying it for certain, since I don't have any proof, but that's also why I said it should work in theory.

4 minutes ago, SmoothKiminal said:

I see, thanks. Do you know how it would work for U-19s in Norway?

No, Norway used 2nd and 3rd teams, so U19s would probably not work, but if you have 2nd team, that might work.

55 minutes ago, properdisco said:

I requested my U23s team be created in England in my 2nd season but haven't been invited to take part in any official U23s league yet, into my 4th season. Is it supposed to be possible to join those leagues or are the spaces all filled or something?

That is based on youth level, so I'd advise you to get it to 1 as soon as possible. However, it's also based on the fact that the teams from the previous season are selected first. So you need a top youth level, and at the same time hope some other teams reject their spot. I think I used 5 or 6 season at youth level 1 before my team entered.

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

That is based on youth level, so I'd advise you to get it to 1 as soon as possible. However, it's also based on the fact that the teams from the previous season are selected first. So you need a top youth level, and at the same time hope some other teams reject their spot. I think I used 5 or 6 season at youth level 1 before my team entered.

Ahhh I see. Thanks, that explains a lot! I shall work towards that youth level rating