Centre Backs and Keeper just hoofing it up the pitch

I have the GK set to distribute to CBs. Both CBs on short passing and take few risks. Why are they constantly hoofing the ball up the field when they are not even under pressure, its incredibly annoying and they only ever act like this when we are playing away from home. My whole squad is told to pass Short aswel

5 hours ago, Verby said:

I have the GK set to distribute to CBs. Both CBs on short passing and take few risks. Why are they constantly hoofing the ball up the field when they are not even under pressure, its incredibly annoying and they only ever act like this when we are playing away from home. My whole squad is told to pass Short aswel

Take few risks will increase how often they will do that. Shorter passing under pressure is high risk, so if you have asked them to take fewer risks, they will hoof more often to avoid taking a riskier short pass.

If you are looking for tactical advise, I'd advise you to post in the tactical discussions forum and post a screenshot of your tactic, so other can take a look and see why things happen.

If you think this is a bug, then please post examples in the bug tracker following the guidelines, uploading matches and timestamp them.