Older versions of FM (05-10) download ??

Google would be the answer to your question, but be careful about downloading older games- Windows 10 changed how the DRM of older game was handled and many users have reported not being able to get older FM games to run on modern computers, due to this.

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

Google would be the answer to your question, but be careful about downloading older games- Windows 10 changed how the DRM of older game was handled and many users have reported not being able to get older FM games to run on modern computers, due to this.

Thanks. I'm very much limited knowledge that's why I asked on this forum. I wouldn't want to download anything that could harm my new computer that's why I was wondering if anybody could advise me on any such websites that sell the downloads legally and safely 

1 hour ago, Damonlufc said:

Thanks. I'm very much limited knowledge that's why I asked on this forum. I wouldn't want to download anything that could harm my new computer that's why I was wondering if anybody could advise me on any such websites that sell the downloads legally and safely 

I have just done a search for FM 09 and 10 downloads ( I dont think older versions were available legally as a download) and have come across a number of malicious sites that my A/V didnt like at all.  Any download of games before these versions will likely be questionable.  Because of timed licenses, the official sites and steam cannot sell older versions so you are left with no real alternative but to try the download sites.  All I can suggest is that you use a well recognised website like Amazon and be careful with any others.  Given the chance that the older versions may not work with W10/11, I do wonder if it is worth it

I think you could get FM 09 and 10 (and 08 if it was on Steam?) to work if you bought a disc from Amazon along with a portable disc drive. I would be inclined to suggest this would be the safest way to play an older FM on a new computer. 

On 10/01/2022 at 22:14, Damonlufc said:

Is their an online store to download the older games. My desktop doesn't come with a disc drive and I want to go back and play older, stripped back versions on my new PC. 

I got FM 11 steam key from google G2A.com was others as well before that but it's very expensive tbh 

I tried installing my disc versions of FM05, FM06, FM07 and FM08 on my computer (Win 10, now it's 11 actually and haven't tried it yet) and they wouldn't work. Older versions on the other hand work. There's some technical explanation behind this but I cannot answer it, might be Java or Flash related?

FM09 is on my Steam, though and it works like a charm. Very fast and swift experience as well. All versions after the 09 work just fine.

On 11/01/2022 at 01:37, Damonlufc said:

Sorry to ask: why would you want to download older versions of the game, since you have a new computer?... (3D didn't even exist before FM09).

:confused:

Edited by phd_angel

On 19/01/2022 at 07:05, phd_angel said:

Sorry to ask: why would you want to download older versions of the game, since you have a new computer?... (3D didn't even exist before FM09).

:confused:

I wanted FM 05 to be honest. I loved the game, the players of that era and the challenges. It was the 1st FM I realised I didn't have to start with a top team