When the game becomes a chore.

depends on what you enjoy in the game sometimes going to the  tactic section of the forum and reading what people are doing there gives you ideas to try out and sometimes you just have to stop playing for a bit and come back in a few months. 

It depends. If there is a part of the game that you are annoyed by, then that can be handled by the assistant in most cases, or just by starting a new save doing something else. For example a challenge. Playing online with friends can also change things up, if you and/or your friends have the time to do so that is.

Other times, it's just to play something else or read a book or something.

This chore feeling happens sometimes when I play in super long leagues that last forever (46+ matches) and my club isn’t actually fighting for anything exciting. When this happens, I go to another club, or just start a new save.

Other than that, you can take a break for a few days, go play some Axis & Allies boardgame, read a book or watch Netflix… That break will refresh FM.

7 hours ago, phd_angel said:

This chore feeling happens sometimes when I play in super long leagues that last forever (46+ matches) and my club isn’t actually fighting for anything exciting.

For me it's the media nonsense.

I'm churning through 20+ games and enjoying the football aspect, but the media with their constant nonsense. "Were you sure you could take advantage of their bad form" - oh go play in the road and leave me be. Absolutely banal.

3 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

For me it's the media nonsense.

Delegating media interviews to your staff has no negative impact on your save. I only give interviews for new signings, continental matches, and, obviously, new jobs... :lol: 

I have my servant cook me truffles with Gourmet White Truffle Marinara Sauce. While i'm indulging and eating the truffles, he's runs me a deep scented bath, with incense candles & a glass of Dom Perignon champagne. Once i've finished, he hands me my lounge outfit, which has been warmed to 'level cosy' & a dollop of Courvoisier VSOP Cognac. I then rest.

I've been told a good solid mixed grill and a cold shower can hit a spot also

33 minutes ago, PhilT said:

I have my servant cook me truffles with Gourmet White Truffle Marinara Sauce. While i'm indulging and eating the truffles, he's runs me a deep scented bath, with incense candles & a glass of Dom Perignon champagne. Once i've finished, he hands me my lounge outfit, which has been warmed to 'level cosy' & a dollop of Courvoisier VSOP Cognac. I then rest.

I've been told a good solid mixed grill and a cold shower can hit a spot also

I've heard Neil Warnock has a similar routine

On 15/01/2022 at 05:39, phd_angel said:

This chore feeling happens sometimes when I play in super long leagues that last forever (46+ matches) and my club isn’t actually fighting for anything exciting. When this happens, I go to another club, or just start a new save.

Other than that, you can take a break for a few days, go play some Axis & Allies boardgame, read a book or watch Netflix… That break will refresh FM.

OOH I haven't played Axis and Allies in years... Found my set when I was moving house last week.

On 14/01/2022 at 15:35, markoconnell said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to immerse myself in a save but am having huge trouble lately. The game is already challenging as it is. It's just everything I do feels like a chore. Has anyone experienced this and what are some ways you do to keep the interest? Thanks.

What kind of saves do you usually play?

I've struggled to get into a save but I feel it happens a lot when in the first season. Decided to manage Jamaica and see how that goes before jumping into club management after a few transfer windows and a new load of free signings 

On 15/01/2022 at 04:39, phd_angel said:

For those long leagues a skin with an instant result button is definitely needed so you don't have to churn through all those pointless games at the end of the year.