Feature Idea: Change Positions Discussion

steve.battisti

Not sure if there's a "proper" place to submit feature ideas. But I thought of one today while dealing with a recalcitrant 16-yo who is all pissy because I'm playing him out of position.

I REALLY wish there was conversation options to "discuss a new position" with a player. How cool could it be if it were something like "We'd like you to play central defender" and then have options like:

"We feel with your height you could be a dominant presence for us."
"We feel your excellent marking would really prevent our opponents from getting chances in the box"
"We feel your superior tackling would really make opponents think twice about dribbling into our box."

And so on.

Of course, based on personality, perhaps some players are set in their ways and react negatively, and that slows down their progress at learning a new position and prompts them to continue whinging. And perhaps others are really flexible and happy to do whatever they need to to help the team, and that speeds up their progress and makes them stop whinging about it.

That would be pretty cool IMO.
Edited by steve.battisti

• steve.battisti changed the title to Feature Idea: Change Positions Discussion
  • 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Thank you for the suggestion. This is an idea that has been pitched before and has been passed on to the design team. However, it may yet be rejected or with further development make it into a future iteration of FM. :)