Retro Databases

I know there are some awesome databases out there that go back to the 2000s and 90s but I've always wondered if anybody has ever constructed one going back the 1950s or even further(In England, preferably)... I was just thinking about the how the retain and transfer system would be implemented and got around to fantasising about managing Dixie Dean or Tom Finney. 

4 hours ago, pdmalcolm said:

I know there are some awesome databases out there that go back to the 2000s and 90s but I've always wondered if anybody has ever constructed one going back the 1950s or even further(In England, preferably)... I was just thinking about the how the retain and transfer system would be implemented and got around to fantasising about managing Dixie Dean or Tom Finney. 

Nice idea, but impractical, I think. There just isn't enough data - i.e. TV footage to make accurate attribute assessments of all but a small number of players. The retro dbs people have made have taken the attributes from old CM games. I'm currently enjoying the 2001/02 db - I packed my team with 14 year old Messis and Rooneys etc etc. Heck of a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Nice idea, but impractical, I think. There just isn't enough data - i.e. TV footage to make accurate attribute assessments of all but a small number of players. The retro dbs people have made have taken the attributes from old CM games. I'm currently enjoying the 2001/02 db - I packed my team with 14 year old Messis and Rooneys etc etc. Heck of a lot of fun.

I was thinking the same. I just thought it would be cool to be able to work with the contract types, "retain and transfer", the inturruption from the war, old school tactics etc. Even with fictional players it would be cool. 

Has me thinking.... Retro Databases.... DLC... new ways in which SI can garner additional income.

I would pay for old databases being added into the latest version.

Not all would need to be made available, but some classic seasons would be welcomed.  Si must have access to the old databases and upgrading these wouldn't seem to big of a stretch. 

16 minutes ago, C0bbl3rs said:

Has me thinking.... Retro Databases.... DLC... new ways in which SI can garner additional income.

Not all would need to be made available, but some classic seasons would be welcomed.  Si must have access to the old databases and upgrading these wouldn't seem to big of a stretch. 

Just pop into the Editors' Hideaway. Fans have put in the hard yards.

23 minutes ago, C0bbl3rs said:

SI have said they can't do it due to how licensing works. That also why the older versions aren't available at Steam.